7 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 7:08:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tillerman6 Go to Quoted Post
Keeping fingers crossed for the Volkswagen Amarok.

I've got an old '99 Polo, and it goes like a storm. The Amarok is a great rig if you do a bit of off roading, especially out here in Australia. They got a great rap in the road mags here.

OZ

#27 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 7:54:09 AM(UTC)
Keep in mind that Volkswagen is not the only manufacture missing on the official car list, there are also no Porsche cars. But I'm staying tuned, and so should all of you guys.
#28 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 12:02:12 AM(UTC)
I get the feeling we'll hear something this week at Gamescom. German manufacturer introduced during a German game show?

Edited by user Monday, August 15, 2016 12:04:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar correction.

#29 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 11:26:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gsxrboy750au Go to Quoted Post
Volkswagen are probably trying to work out how not to suffocate the xbox with emissions before allowing the cars in.

I like that, A+

Edit,
Porsche cars come out later on as dlc that you have to pay for.

Edited by user Monday, August 15, 2016 11:28:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:19:45 PM(UTC)
Getting a little worried here lol maybe since vw's are banned in Australia they might not be in there?
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:14:04 PM(UTC)
Another week without VW, now this is when I start to panic

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:19:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zerotheliger Go to Quoted Post
Getting a little worried here lol maybe since vw's are banned in Australia they might not be in there?

Errrrr pardon.... Banned?

Where in the **** ns did you get THAT idea mate. There's a huge VW dealership not far from me, and it's doing business just fine.

There are recalls on some models due to steering issues, but that's across the board recalls globally, but isolated to certain models.

Once recalled, they replace the item free of charge and bingo, you're back on the road again, hey, that rhymes and would make a great song. Oh, hang on, it already is a song hehehe.

But honestly, VWs aren't banned here mate. Plus my friend has a great Polo GTi Turbo Six Speed manual, and she just had hers serviced a few weeks ago. No bans there either.

Re the whole VW issue.

There's a multitude of issues around why they might not be in just yet.

We still have another car list release, plus there'll be 6 DLCs to start with and a further 6 after that they will be made available via purchasing by all as post VIP car packs.

So even IF there's none in the initial car list that's open for ppl to acquire, there's the high likelihood that there'll be some later on.

It's a MAJOR Motoring Group and has several marquees under its global manufacturing group. And several of those ARE already in the game. So IF they are in, and with several models each, then there's no basis for them to exclude their Signature cars.

What it is doing however, and this was in 2015, not currently, is ban certain Deisel models due to certain manufacturing issues. This lick could shed some light on the issue, but it's from last year, and they are related to major businesses.

http://www.businessinsid...cheating-scandal-2015-10

It's over issues around Deisel,emissions, and covers three of THEIR brands, Audi, Volkswagon and Skoda but not all of their brands nor all of their models. Hope that clears it up. I fo believe they have fixed the issue.. But I'm unsure of that mate.

OZ

Edited by user Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:26:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:19:29 PM(UTC)
This is getting a little worrying, as not a single one has been seen (except the potential 996 GT3 at E3). I doubt it's over the diesel scandal, as I don't recall any Forza games having ever used a diesel VW or Audi.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:40:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SebastianGM42 Go to Quoted Post
I don't recall any Forza games having ever used a diesel VW or Audi.

Actually the Audi Q7 V12 TDI was in forza 4, unless I'm just imagining things.

#35 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:01:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Max Spatan 360 Go to Quoted Post

So was the 2008 VW Touareg that had a diesel in it...
#36 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:49:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungRhombus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Max Spatan 360 Go to Quoted Post

So was the 2008 VW Touareg that had a diesel in it...

I forgot about those being in Forza 4. Regardless, neither made it to the Xbox One, and there aren't really any indications those will return.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:51:37 PM(UTC)
This Ken Brockman report at MICROSOFT HQ. They said that VW cars will all be in DLC's. And gamer must do a million jumping jack and flip hamburgers for company BBQ. And shell out $500 to get it over XBOX LIVE. that all the news for now. Ken Brockman reporting out.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:03:36 PM(UTC)
[img]null[/img]
This is getting a little worrying, as not a single one has been seen (except the potential 996 GT3 at E3). I doubt it's over the diesel scandal, as I don't recall any Forza games having ever used a diesel VW or Audi.

I really wouldn't worry too much. Volkswagon is a HUGE global motoring group, and you've had just about all of their road vehicles in the various games since Forza's inception, this includes..

Volkswagen
Audi
SEAT
ŠKODA
Bentley
Bugatti
Lamborghini
Porsche
Ducati
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
Scania
MAN

Now if there WAS an issue with Volkswagon not being in the game, then we wouldn't see the main Cover Car in the game.

As to when and how the actual VW model cars appear, that'll be down to licencing issues as to exactly how their support will be given. Turn 10, through Microsfot Games as their publishing arm, have ongoing deals with VMG and it'd would most likely be tied in with a certain number of their entire range of motoring stables appearing in the various games.

There's such a vast casim of legal loopholes that a publisher/developer has to jump through in order to gain the various cars in their games. We just don't know what they are, but we just pray the better models do appear.

If the Myers Manx is in,,which IS VW basically, then there's probably no embargo on the great VWs.

The Manx is basically a fully rolling 1600 VW sedan, with the shell lifted off. Seats, dash, steering and the entire wiring harness is kept.

The Manx body is then just fitted to the VW floor pan,,which can run and drive without a body on it, but you wouldn't want to try it, that central support tunnels can buckle easily without a body giving it ridigity.

The Buggy shells came in a high gloss Gel Coated Metal Flack. Not just a nice strong metalic we see in some high end cars these days. But a full on chunky high grain metalflake

It's the same process high end motor boats are coloured. As they aren't really painted as such from the factory..The Gel Coat allowed it to cop abuse fron sand, soil, salt water, mud etc, without loosing it's gloss, or damaging the paintwork.

They were great toys to throw around the sand dunes around Cronulla, or on the Central Coast, as well as flash along the long beach at Surfers Paradise. Yes, that really happened in real life, so you'll have heaps of fun repeating the fun in the game. So have fun.

Oh, there was a superb show Myers Manx running the show circuit in the mid 60's to mid 70's here in Australia. Plus another had a whopping Leyland P76 wide block V8 in the rear and was engineered much like the Supercars of today with a transaxle and being SO. Light, it basically stood up soon as you touched the accelerator.

Some amazing cars back then. It was fun then, cars got driven daily, yet had Crome from nose to tail. Yet today, guys spend upwards of the cost of a new home in Australia, $500k -1.250 mil for your average family home in Sydney!!! But they are trailered to and from shows or movies vents.

Not all of course, but are just sshheeeeezzzeeesss...

OZ.

1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:25:23 PM(UTC)
We need volkswagens!
#40 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 12:33:20 AM(UTC)
I really like Porsches so I hope to see them in the game unlike Forza 5. Volkswagen is in for sure there is no way on earth they won't be included I think the team is still working on some of them so they don't want release any confirmations until completed. As for Porsche I'd be pretty upset if they didn't release into FH3, even as DLC. I'm a Porsche guy and I would be let down if I couldn't cruise in my all time favourite Porsche Carrara GT. Also call me crazy but I kinda miss having Citröen's in the game I remember the DS3 in FM5 and it was a fun car in my opinion. Also Citröen has a pretty good rally rep I don't see why they couldn't add some of those being as a large part of the game is off-road oriented, as well as the Citreon GT and the Survolt on the Super car side. That'd be nice to see in my honest opinion. Probably some licensing issues with Citröen, but all in all I know VWs are coming and I'm pretty convinced Porsche will be too. Its just a matter of time and in just over a month we will be able to experience it ourselves so don't go worrying just yet.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 1:49:58 AM(UTC)

Also the Audi R10 TDI, R15 TDI, R15++, R18 TDI, 2012 R18 E-tron Quattro and the 2014 R18 E-tron are all diesel too.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 5:45:16 AM(UTC)
i love the forza franchise but if theres going to be no more air cooled volkswagen in horizon 3 i might reconsider my preorder!!!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 5:50:04 AM(UTC)
Same here. Im not going to get the $100 Forza option if there are no VWs.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 5:53:14 AM(UTC)
You guys are ridiculous. But i guess that is first-world problems.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#45 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 12:07:57 PM(UTC)
Judging on this new video from gamescom I honestly think VW has been ditched from the game, check out my post #6 in this thread :

http://forums.forzamotor..._Car-Type-Divisions.aspx
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:51:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
Judging on this new video from gamescom I honestly think VW has been ditched from the game, check out my post #6 in this thread :

http://forums.forzamotor..._Car-Type-Divisions.aspx

Certainly plausible you bring up some good points. I really hope that vw isnt part of any dlc because they have been in so many past forzas and obviously they are already laser scanned. Even though im tired of the whole porsche expansion thing because this will be the fourth time that theyre going to charge extra for them, i can at least understand the possible reasons for it.

VWs on the other hand are not porsches and ea doesnt have any licensing rights to blame it on so what exactly would the reasons be. I dont have any problems paying for dlc, ive bought all the dlc for every forza i even buy dlc for games that i dont really play like pcars, but if they try to sell vws that were in past forzas i will not buy it. They may use vw cars as unicorns or prizes like the s14. I guess only time will tell.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:13:02 AM(UTC)
Sorry Volkswagen Fans

“I’ll be honest with you, there’s no Volkswagen in Forza Horizon 3,” he confirmed. “I can’t talk about it, but I’m sufficed to say I’m not happy about it – it’s not going to be in the game.” - Ralph Fulton

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/...izon-3-car-reveal-week-6 - Source

Confirmed No Volkswagen in Horizon 3
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:08:52 AM(UTC)
Very upsetting to hear. Back in the days I had a Hyundai Tiburon and by the time I got xbox one, Forza discontinues the Tiburon. Now I finally bought a Golf GTI, now Forza Horizon 3 won't have it in the game? Uhhhh! I hope this isn't true!
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:13:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
Very upsetting to hear. Back in the days I had a Hyundai Tiburon and by the time I got xbox one, Forza discontinues the Tiburon. Now I finally bought a Golf GTI, now Forza Horizon 3 won't have it in the game? Uhhhh! I hope this isn't true!

It is true. Stated by Ralph Fulton. Seeing they announced just about the hole car list not a single VW nor Porsche in the game despite seeing what everyone thought was a Porsche in one of the videos for FH3.
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:21:06 AM(UTC)
Based on Fulton's statement, could it be due to some licensing issue? I mean there are other Volkswagen Audi Group brands in the game which is strange so maybe it's something else.
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error