This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
#101 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:57:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
More digging and reading has found that the R91CP has likely been modelled with too little horsepower in FM6. Many websites quote the car at 800BHP, and Nissan's own official website says the car has "Over 680PS". Seems Turn 10 took this a bit bluntly, and gave the car 671 BHP (680PS exactly). I the lack of horsepower explains why the car is so sluggish trying to gain speed in top gear, it's got the gearing for somewhere north of 700 horses, but only 671 to work with.

I have found multiple sources stating it had almost 800. I remember in GT4 it had 788, which seems more realistic. This car should top out around 220-225 stock.
#102 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:15:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lanciastratos73 Go to Quoted Post
More digging and reading has found that the R91CP has likely been modelled with too little horsepower in FM6. Many websites quote the car at 800BHP, and Nissan's own official website says the car has "Over 680PS". Seems Turn 10 took this a bit bluntly, and gave the car 671 BHP (680PS exactly). I the lack of horsepower explains why the car is so sluggish trying to gain speed in top gear, it's got the gearing for somewhere north of 700 horses, but only 671 to work with.

I have found multiple sources stating it had almost 800. I remember in GT4 it had 788, which seems more realistic. This car should top out around 220-225 stock.

What does it top out now with correct gearing and tyre heights with lower doe Forces mate.....?

OZ
#103 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:01:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: lanciastratos73 Go to Quoted Post

What does it top out now with correct gearing and tyre heights with lower doe Forces mate.....?

OZ

A 201, fully upgraded with minimum downforce. Problem is it gets up there so slowly.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:43:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:36:13 PM(UTC)
Great car pack but the update adds another unicorn so i will not buy.
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:09:57 PM(UTC)
.....that is the dumbest thing I've heard today. You're backing out of buying the car pack.....because of one Unicorn car? That's just.....really wtv man.
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:34:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

The Unicorn (all Univorn cars) are playing end in the game via the CU ( Content Update, NOT the DLC Pack.

So, not buying a Car Pack simply because the Content Update, which puts all the car files in the game anyhow, and MUST be put in if you want tomcontinue playing the game.,modes seem a tad 'overactive....

Even if you haven't yet purchased the DLC Pack, you already have the Unicorn in your game, along with every other Unicorn placed into the game.

Originally Posted by: Legusta001 Go to Quoted Post
.....that is the dumbest thing I've heard today. You're backing out of buying the car pack.....because of one Unicorn car? That's just.....really wtv man.

Yes, sometimes pols actions does often have one wondering,

Some don't understand the fundamental aspects around what CUs do. Which is understandable at times.

But let's just enjoy it. I'll be throwing them all around Indy Oval, zVIR and Road Atlanta.

But I encourage SatNightEnduro to at least think about it, as there's literally nothing you can do, you already have the Unicorn.

OZ

#107 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:29:26 PM(UTC)
So here's something that's really frustrating now . The new 1964 ferrari f1 is in the legends of grand prix division, ok cool. So I go to freeplay and see how it stacks against the other 60s f1 cars come to find out its nothing but 23 other ferrari f158s . OK so I'm thinking maybe it's cause the PI is too low compared to the others, I upgrade it to PI 765 right in the middle of the pack and still nothing but f158s , full grid smh. Why Turn10 have you made this mistake and not even bothering to fix it. Freeplay is full of issues just like this can't even race against the competition as you guys have failed still to allow us to choose the cars we race against or at least allow other AI cars to be raced against . Smh
#108 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:02:50 PM(UTC)
Holy stuff you guys were right about the Nissan R91CP, this monster of a car should NOT clock out at 190 mph with the restrictors removed. Turn 10 we need a fix here.
#109 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:04:55 PM(UTC)
Opinion about the DLC?

BMW is ok, Nissan is ok, Cadillac is ok.

Datsun is ok, but I most likely won't drive it ever again.

Not a big fan of the old guff, Ferrari and Watson.

Abarth? Almost same as the one that we already have in the game.

Instead of the Abarth you could have added another truck to compete with last months Mercedes.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:09:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#110 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:54:14 PM(UTC)
Deleted post

Edited by user Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:58:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#111 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:40:30 AM(UTC)
Completely unexpected... but most welcome :-)
 2 users liked this post.
#112 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:02:16 AM(UTC)
Don't really get the inclusion of the oh so meh BMW. We keep getting BMWs but not the i8. Or the new NSX.

My Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/tehbonce Twitter: @ThrillingTweets
#113 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:05:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: the sVig Go to Quoted Post
Don't really get the inclusion of the oh so meh BMW. We keep getting BMWs but not the i8. Or the new NSX.

Do remember, that Turn 10 have very strict licencing contracts that HSVs them including X number of cars, types of cars, various models of cars etc.

Those contracts stipulate exactly what Turn 10 can and CAN NOT do, and what cars MUST be included IF they want to have the manurfacture in the game.

It's a case of 'Take it or Leave it' sort of thing. You have to understand it from their side.

Remember, you're not throne paying wages, taxes and huge development costs for the game.

Yes, they are IN BUSINESS, and like any business, you're in it to make money, keep the doors open, and provide a service to your customers, as best you can.

Those licences are strict legally binding laws the Zturn 10 and its subsidiaries must adhere to. While some of us might not understand the reason why one version of a car is included, yet another excluded. All we have to do, is come to the understanding that we have no control over what's included or excluded.

Accept that they are trying their best to achieve the best result possible. While we love dome cars, hate others, so let's enjoy the ones we have I the game.

And here's a thought. Go to the Tuners a forum, ask for a tune for the Beamer, and you'll get some great tunes that'll get those monsters really humping big time.

BMWs are one of the best competotive race breeds in the saloon style racing. Let alone the real racing scene. Don't dismiss these cars, as each has its own distinctive abilities.

The latest one has a rather shorter wheelbase I believe, making it quite 'twitchy' with the modified engine. Has really good handling, and can be tweaked nicely. Open the door to possibility, not close it simply because you think it's no good.

Get the tune, grab a psi ton, and set up a few Freeplay on Unbeatable with 20 laps and 2 quick pit stops.

Then you'll,see how well it works.

OZ
 2 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:50:35 AM(UTC)
If the nissan r391 is the imsa car than it didn't can run as fast as the le mans version of that car. Can't imagine that the car goes 220 mph at the daytona win.
What I can't understand why whe can't make the car faster after upgraded to 997 or 999! Without the air restrictions the car should run 220 mph. At the moment the car is far to slow for le mans.

Yeah its a shame that the introduced new mistakes in free play and grand prix legends division
If you choose the ferrari = 24 ferraris
If you chose a brabbham= the honda is missing
If you choose the honda = 12 ferrari 12 honda
.......the other 3 cars I didn't try because I lost the will to drive that division at the moment

After all the issues in free play and multiplayer I really can not believe that this the best what a player can expect from a AAA title. Sorry but the issue in free play are massive. If I had the time and the will I could count 10 and more example why free play isn't right. But there enough threads here to describe the issues. And then to bring new issues with a dlc for that whe pay is not really sensitive.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 3, 2016 5:57:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:08:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Psychomantyx Go to Quoted Post
If the nissan r391 is the imsa car than it didn't can run as fast as the le mans version of that car. Can't imagine that the car goes 220 mph at the daytona win.
What I can't understand why whe can't make the car faster after upgraded to 997 or 999! Without the air restrictions the car should run 220 mph. At the moment the car is far to slow for le mans.

Yeah its a shame that the introduced new mistakes in free play and grand prix legends division
If you choose the ferrari = 24 ferraris
If you chose a brabbham= the honda is missing
If you choose the honda = 12 ferrari 12 honda
.......the other 3 cars I didn't try because I lost the will to drive that division at the moment

After all the issues in free play and multiplayer I really can not believe that this the best what a player can expect from a AAA title. Sorry but the issue in free play are massive. If I had the time and the will I could count 10 and more example why free play isn't right. But there enough threads here to describe the issues. And then to bring new issues with a dlc for that whe pay is not really sensitive.

Now wait for someone to reply about how they're doing their best, that we should really try to understand it from their point of view, and that we should really just be happy with what we're given.
#116 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:13:20 AM(UTC)
That's the point. We all love the fm series. I can imagine that maybe problems with the engine are the reason. But introduce new issues without a comment makes me feel like they have not really interest to communicate.
I don't criticism brian or john because they doing the job for what they paid for. I think it's not to much when a guy from the dev time takes 10 min and explain why they can't fix that issues. That should be part of the twitch streams to. No 2 times a week. But from time to time. Is that really to much? If so I'm sorry
#117 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:38:58 AM(UTC)
That's the point. We all love the fm series. I can imagine that maybe problems with the engine are the reason. But introduce new issues without a comment makes me feel like they have not really interest to communicate.
I don't criticism brian or john because they doing the job for what they paid for. I think it's not to much when a guy from the dev time takes 10 min and explain why they can't fix that issues. That should be part of the twitch streams to. No 2 times a week. But from time to time. Is that really to much? If so I'm sorry

And from my own experience of MSs strict NDAs, giving any firm of comment that doesn't come "from on high" can lead to severe issues for the person concerned, no matter what their status in the company, or within their first party franchises.

We had to first sign an NDA to just be an authorised reviewer, and everyone within the site HAD to sign their own that went straight to MS HO, but it included an NDA every time we even were given access to any game or attended any event.

So comments can't just be given off the cuff as it were. There's a reason many stay quite. It's not because they don't care, or wouldn't like to set a record straight etc. it's mainly due to strict 'no comment' stipulations...

Which is understandable.

It's harder to reel back a passing comment that could be taken out of context, which SO MANY gamers do do, but also because it's harder to get readers to listen once something has been said.

They get an idea in their heads and they run with it.

Do, the easiest, but not always the most welcomed approach is simply, no official comment -period. Unles it only comes from the heads of a department or official team.

OZ
#118 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:38:14 AM(UTC)
As a long time Nissan fan. I'm happy with the pack. Would have loved the GTP ZX-Turbo, but the R91CP will do.
#119 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:42:44 PM(UTC)
search mlz
calsonic by zechariah, on Flickr
calsonic by zechariah, on Flickr
#120 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:07:03 PM(UTC)
I cant lie i do like the turbo blowoff sound on the Nissan r91. Also is anybody else having some nice close races using the CTS-V against the 14 gt500 and hellcat twins? Ive had some nice runs with them.
 1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 2:21:32 PM(UTC)

And from my own experience of MSs strict NDAs, giving any firm of comment that doesn't come "from on high" can lead to severe issues for the person concerned, no matter what their status in the company, or within their first party franchises.

We had to first sign an NDA to just be an authorised reviewer, and everyone within the site HAD to sign their own that went straight to MS HO, but it included an NDA every time we even were given access to any game or attended any event.

So comments can't just be given off the cuff as it were. There's a reason many stay quite. It's not because they don't care, or wouldn't like to set a record straight etc. it's mainly due to strict 'no comment' stipulations...

Which is understandable.

It's harder to reel back a passing comment that could be taken out of context, which SO MANY gamers do do, but also because it's harder to get readers to listen once something has been said.

They get an idea in their heads and they run with it.

Do, the easiest, but not always the most welcomed approach is simply, no official comment -period. Unles it only comes from the heads of a department or official team.

OZ

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't had that in mind. It's true that a third party developer have it much easier. But it should be in microsoft own interest that players got the feeling to stay in touch with developer.
The community manager are great guys and done a great job. But in my eyes they not here to give comments about game issue where they don't have the knowledge like the devs itself.
Project cars had a horrible launch but there was always devs in the forum from time to time and that helps a lot to reduce the frustration. That doesn't mean that the game itself it's better than fm. But in social media times it's not enough to have 2 community manager who had to hold ther head for everything what's going wrong.
I know ms is big company but if they really want to come back in the console buisness they maybe have to change some structures. That does not mean that I think sony done a better job. By far not

1 user liked this post.
#122 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 2:30:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sTReetBurner09 Go to Quoted Post
Also is anybody else having some nice close races using the CTS-V against the 14 gt500 and hellcat twins? Ive had some nice runs with them.

I've had some very close runs with a number of A Class cars. It's a very good car with a very string engine, very good gearbox and driveline set up.

I felt the Hellcats were too much to handle around a track because of their 707hp, but the Merc E63 or the Audi RS7 were too heavy because of their AWD systems and their lower output. The CTS-V seems to he a very nice compromise with (as I have it) 665hp but the responsiveness of the RWD setup not having to lug the front end round the bend.

Very pleased with it to be honest :D

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 1 user liked this post.
#123 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:05:25 PM(UTC)
A friend tipped me off to something, and I think I now have the actual reason for the R91CP's sluggish progress at high speeds. It's got too much downforce.

My buddy checked, and here's some bizarre numbers.

Nissan R91CP Max DF F/R - 1,396/1,764 lbs

Meanwhile...

Lotus E23 Max DF F/R - 1,240/1,516 lbs

Now, I know that the '90s Group C and GTP cars were known for their high downforce generation, but more than a 2015 Formula One car? I don't think so.

This explains the issue with top speed, quite simply the car's downforce levels are too high, and so cannot reach the 200 MPH plus that it's power and gearing would otherwise allow it too. Even with restrictors removed and downforce minimized, it only nudges 200. If Turn 10 see this, I think I found what you need to fix.
#124 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:34:40 PM(UTC)
For me really good car pack.
 2 users liked this post.
#125 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:15:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

The Unicorn (all Univorn cars) are playing end in the game via the CU ( Content Update, NOT the DLC Pack.

So, not buying a Car Pack simply because the Content Update, which puts all the car files in the game anyhow, and MUST be put in if you want tomcontinue playing the game.,modes seem a tad 'overactive....

Even if you haven't yet purchased the DLC Pack, you already have the Unicorn in your game, along with every other Unicorn placed into the game.

Originally Posted by: Legusta001 Go to Quoted Post

Yes, sometimes pols actions does often have one wondering,

Some don't understand the fundamental aspects around what CUs do. Which is understandable at times.

But let's just enjoy it. I'll be throwing them all around Indy Oval, zVIR and Road Atlanta.

But I encourage SatNightEnduro to at least think about it, as there's literally nothing you can do, you already have the Unicorn.

OZ

I know my post was a one line with little explanation but it was probably an interesting experiment to see how people will fill the gaps with what they assume people are saying.

I know incredibly well how the title updates work. That is nothing to do with my gripe.

And at the moment the unicorn is not in my game because I have not started the game up and have very little motivation to do so.

Last month I told some friends that the GTHO was being included in FH3 and they asked if it will be added to FM6. I said there was a car pack soon to be announced. When it was the car was not in. I told them and they said they would have bought the dlc if the GTHO was in it.

Next day I saw that it was a unicorn. It annoyed them and me no end. In particular a massive gripe I have is that in my opinion they have included the unicorn feature in the game but not supported it very well at all. Sure put the cars behind a mythical wall but will that wall stay mythical forever?

This month another car has been added as a unicorn and I suspect we will not hear how to get hold of one. (Sorry but paint and photo contests should not be the main what to get them).

If they started to support the unicorn concept better by providing the promised info on how to get one and supported it like they used to then fine. Adding a car as pretty much a tease in not a good way to go in my opinion and the opinion of my friends who do not and have little desire to come on the forums. Their expectation is if content is added it is available either to all or all who pay for it. Not behind some mythical wall that for some cars has never been revealed.
I blame the ants.
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error