2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 1:11:36 PM(UTC)
In FH2 there wasn't a very good night effect, nothing like FM6. It was just a dark day effect, sort of what I see some areas of NFSUG2. Forza 6 had an excellent nighttime which would do justice to the night time in this game... Maybe it could be a bit longer like 20-30 mins? I don't know really IMO I prefer night time sooo....
(Oo\SKYLINE/oO)-BNR34
(OO\SKYLINE/OO)-BCNR33
(O-O\SKYLINE/O-O)-BNR32
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 1:15:16 PM(UTC)
Night time is static on forza 6 and dynamic on forza horizon, 2 totally different things.
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 10:31:51 PM(UTC)
Yeah I do hate the really bright nights in games I want something like NFS 2015
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:45:35 AM(UTC)
There's nothing stopping them from making really dark nights - look at The Crew, where nights are incredibly dark and still part of a dynamic cycle.

But I absolutely agree that nights have been fleeting throughout the whole series so far, both in Horizon 1 and 2, feeling way too short to really get into a nighttime drive. I can hope that they make the nights longer but I'm not optimistic.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:38:31 PM(UTC)
Long nights would be much better. In the original Horizon the Bentley had a clock on the screen in the dash (working infotainment/nav screens need to come back too) and once the sun had set, the clock would speed until dawn.
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:14:33 PM(UTC)
I think that an extended nighttime could prove counter productive for the casual gamer market. And remember, that's the market this title is solidly aimed at.

The casual gamer doesn't generally like spending extended periods in extremely darkened areas where there's no lights other than moonlight.

However, if there was the opportunity to engage a deeper and more progressive nighttime in say the Option Menu, then that would be a great marketing advantage.

Going from dusk till dawn over say a few time spams. 30 min, being the basic games default game setting. Then the option to choose say, 1hr, 2hrs and finally 3hrs.

Anyone racing through an open world in the darkened nights in dunes and jungles etc for several hours, would be quite difficult for beginners. But at the same time, it would give advanced drivers a better experience.

Additionally. I'd like to see where that option was only achieved after the player completed certain section and events.

That would give longer gameplay, extend the games playability, and thus extend its lifespan.

So, gamers who achieved certain tasks and general levels would be given the opportunity to extend their nights, as well as offer moo lite nights or just dark moon nights. Thus appeasing several gaming factions.

OZ

Edited by user Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:19:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:16:44 AM(UTC)
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the game takes place in December/January. For those of you - like me - who live in the Northern Hemisphere, those months are summer in Austrailia, and you get more sunlight during the 24-hour day.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:44:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FerrariFan24 Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the game takes place in December/January. For those of you - like me - who live in the Northern Hemisphere, those months are summer in Austrailia, and you get more sunlight during the 24-hour day.

In our Summers, we get a reasonable decent split of the daylight hours and night time.

On average we get sunsets around 7pm and sunrises around 6am. So that's not far off an even split.

We're not like the huge time differences experienced in the far northern or southern most extremes of the globe where nights are long in winter and days are longer in summer.

In middle to nth Queensland,,we are basically in the lower qucatorial regions as have great days and nights. I fount we'll get extremely short night times or extremely long ones.

Ideally we might have the options to have a few choices. As that would make a great deal of gamers, casual and hardcore very happy.

Casuals will choose shorter nights, while more advanced gamers will probably choose longer nights so they can do more things under the great Southern Cross skies.

OZ

#9 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 5:08:18 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Sorry if this been asked before. For some reason the Forum search is not working for me.

Anyways.. Will we be able to adjust time of day and weather in Freeroam? Sometimes I like to start off my game where I am driving in the morning. Ok, you can go ahead and move my post like always. lol
#10 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 5:58:49 AM(UTC)
As of right now, it doesn't look like the day cycle will be adjustable, but Ralph Fulton did state that it is about twice as long, so when it does come time to be driving in the morning, it will last longer.

Follow my Instagram, @mistahhdj
#11 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 6:02:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: D33J Go to Quoted Post
As of right now, it doesn't look like the day cycle will be adjustable, but Ralph Fulton did state that it is about twice as long, so when it does come time to be driving in the morning, it will last longer.

At least it's longer! Hopefully that will mean longer nights too. I actually enjoy driving at night.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of absolute speed
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 6:16:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hurricane221798 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: D33J Go to Quoted Post

At least it's longer! Hopefully that will mean longer nights too. I actually enjoy driving at night.

I agree with you there! In the demo, it really is darker at night, your headlights are much more necessary than previous Horizon games. But, the Sunsets and Sunrises are absolutely spectacular.

IMG_4852
IMG_4851 by Daniel Cross, on Flickr
IMG_4839 by Daniel Cross, on Flickr

Follow my Instagram, @mistahhdj
#13 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 6:23:11 AM(UTC)
Wow, that's beautiful :)
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of absolute speed
#14 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 6:30:57 AM(UTC)
First pic looks real
E30
#15 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 6:31:54 AM(UTC)
I can already see me doing plenty of sunday morning cruises along the coast. I live by the sea here so it's nice to be able to do it in another country! lol
I used to spend every sunday morning with Forza 3 and 4 cruising around the nurburgring, but once Horizon appeared I could go on proper sunday drives from the comfort of my racing seat without spending a fortune on fuel! lol.
The sunrise and sunset look astounding on this game. Oh i'm going to lose myself for weeks at a time in Australia...
#16 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 9:23:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
I can already see me doing plenty of sunday morning cruises along the coast. I live by the sea here so it's nice to be able to do it in another country! lol
I used to spend every sunday morning with Forza 3 and 4 cruising around the nurburgring, but once Horizon appeared I could go on proper sunday drives from the comfort of my racing seat without spending a fortune on fuel! lol.
The sunrise and sunset look astounding on this game. Oh i'm going to lose myself for weeks at a time in Australia...

Ha I thought I was the only one who did that! I did the same thing with the Nurburgring just wishing I could take this Lambo out into the open roads. Its nice to have a car game where you can enjoy the beautiful sound with good music and awesome scenery.
#17 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 11:35:11 AM(UTC)
Can someone explain to me why the sun doesn't ever go down in my game? The sun appears to be setting but then it starts rising again and it brightens up, I left the game for about 30 minutes after being playing free roam for about 45 minutes and it still didn't get dark!
#18 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 12:23:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WASEEMK78624 Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain to me why the sun doesn't ever go down in my game? The sun appears to be setting but then it starts rising again and it brightens up, I left the game for about 30 minutes after being playing free roam for about 45 minutes and it still didn't get dark!

Did you finish all the events on map? Mine did that until I completed all the races, stunts and bucket list.
#19 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 12:58:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WASEEMK78624 Go to Quoted Post

Did you finish all the events on map? Mine did that until I completed all the races, stunts and bucket list.

No i haven't but i will give it another try and see if it will finally get dark, thanks.
#20 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 1:17:41 PM(UTC)
I love driving at night in video games. I like that feeling of lonesome driving, almost an empty world feeling I find really cool. From what I've played so far the nights seem longer than H2 so I'm really happy about that.
#21 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 7:19:26 PM(UTC)
While the night didn't seem to last a really long time, I felt it was ok. It seemed much better than horizon 2. And as far as being dark...it seems really dark to me. For anyone thinking it isn't dark enough, be sure you adjust the brightness setting correctly. I adjusted so the 1st box was just as the directions said, and while driving through the forest at night was a scary experience...really had to use those headlights in there.
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:59:32 AM(UTC)
For those who want some pics:
getting dark
dark night with stars
early morning

I don't know exactly, but the cycle was somewhere between 1 and 2 hours in the demo.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 4:53:31 AM(UTC)
All the tuners will want night races in Surfers Paradise. In the Horizon Blueprint I will do exotic, muscle car, and offroading races out in the outback during the day, tuner races in Surfers Paradise at nights.

I hope Horizon 3 wont force you to drive an exotic offroad like Horizon 2 because that was a turn off for me.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 6:09:14 AM(UTC)
I absolutely love the day/night cycle in FH3. The nights look so spectacular with the stars in the sky and the much more real and dark feeling than in FH2. I did notice though that it's possible to jump back to daylight. I was driving at night near a beauty spot, I watched the short cutscene and afterwards I was back in my car at full daylight, as if the time of day resets back to default (noon I suppose). Seems like a bug to me.

Here are some nighttime screenshots I took a couple of days ago. That first one when I was driving it felt really dark, I think the screenshot is brighter than what I saw on my TV. But I got a superb TV as well with good black, now I'm just posting from my PC monitor. :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84627247/Screenshot-Original%20(3).png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84627247/Screenshot-Original%20(1).png

Edited by user Sunday, September 18, 2016 6:10:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 7:25:27 AM(UTC)
I absolutely love the nigh times in this game, driving through the rainforest reminds me so much of when I was a little kid down in Victoria when my parents would drive home down the winding mountain roads after dinner at my Nan's house. Not to mention at night in Byron bay it reminds me so much of real life that it is crazy. I prode to live in such a beautiful country :)
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error