Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:05:38 AM(UTC)
Maybe I didn't read the right article yet, but I've been wondering about this. With the return of the Auction House and Storefront, will we see a return of collaboration in creating cars? Shared decals / tunes / upgrades among friends that can still be sold in the AH? What about "gifting" between players?
Rank: Moderator
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:43:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"No car sharing amongst clubs" but campaign co-op allows the team members to share cars. - Ralph Fulton


I don't recall if they've said anything about sharing unlocked vinyls or tunes.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 3:11:40 PM(UTC)
Honestly, I'd be content if the game would recognize what one player did and lock just that part. For example, if one of my friends mods and tunes a car before sending it, his work would be locked, but I'd be free to paint it before putting it on the AH.
Rank: Series Champion
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:58:13 PM(UTC)
Yeah, collabs coming back would great for the community. But we won't know until they tell us or the game ships. But I have a feeling there'll be no sharing as it caused the mods a lot of man hours policing all that. But a system where locked portions could be added to as it was passed around a group and then it could be put up with everyone getting a share of revenue would be a good idea. That way everyone would be paid their share, and everything would be locked. Or any collabs would have to go up free if they used others work. You could have a permissions lock on files too.

1. This can be shared unlocked
2. This can be shared locked with shared revenue
3. This can be shared with no revenue for anyone

Something along those lines would help i think.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 2:44:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, collabs coming back would great for the community. But we won't know until they tell us or the game ships. But I have a feeling there'll be no sharing as it caused the mods a lot of man hours policing all that. But a system where locked portions could be added to as it was passed around a group and then it could be put up with everyone getting a share of revenue would be a good idea. That way everyone would be paid their share, and everything would be locked. Or any collabs would have to go up free if they used others work. You could have a permissions lock on files too.

1. This can be shared unlocked
2. This can be shared locked with shared revenue
3. This can be shared with no revenue for anyone

Something along those lines would help i think.



Good idea Mitchy, it'll be very interesting to see just how the whole auction house, livery creation and sharing, and tuning creation and sharing is dealt with.

I can see your point with regards to the heavy policing required. Which is probably why it was ceased in Forza Motorsports 5/6.

Creating such a huge resource where possible revenue cheating could (and no doubt will) occurred is paramount for good game progress and of course, success.

Gamers often forget the trade off that's required to bring certain aspects to a game. While they might seem simple enough to some of us, they could I fact be highly process orientated, thus making them harder, or at times, almost impossible to implement.

We'll know more soon once more details or released (or leaked/stollen) for us to digest. But you watch, I'd put solid money on it that they'll be ppl that will complain about aspects of it, no matter what it is.

OZ
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 8:06:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
But you watch, I'd put solid money on it that they'll be ppl that will complain about aspects of it, no matter what it is.

OZ


LOL You say that as if it's a bold prediction. Even if the sun doesn't come up tomorrow, there will still be a handful of complaints. LOL
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:00:05 PM(UTC)
As I have seen here in the forum cars cannot be shared as in one person can not have 1 car yet two people race the same car. My question is though one of my favorite aspects of the game in pre forza 5 was the ability to gift vinyls and designs and cars so i could collaborate and sell unlocks with other artists and make the great designs for cars that just arn't seen as often today as alot of designs are just put on one car and one car only. Does anybody know if this feature is returning because its the difference between me preordering standard and ultimate.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:04:19 PM(UTC)
weird I made my own topic but it somehow auto filtered here
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 1:12:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GRRR413 Go to Quoted Post
weird I made my own topic but it somehow auto filtered here


Probably merged into this thread by a moderator.

Notification

Icon
Error