17 Pages123>>Next
 8 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 9:25:39 AM(UTC)
I normally leave DLC clue threads to Johniwanna but I thought I'd do one for our upcoming car pack which is releasing on Tuesday, July 12.

If you want to see the clues, head on over to this week's edition of the Week in Review, then put your best guesses here in the thread. I'll be awarding my favorite responses with an exclusive bonus car of my choosing. Don't worry, you don't have to be "correct" to be considered for a car; in fact, I'll be awarding both incorrect and correct guesses. Thanks for playing and I look forward to showing of the new cars next week.

Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
#2 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:06:29 AM(UTC)
Did you do the clues this time ? ..... Just when we were all getting into the way Johns mind worked.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:08:49 AM(UTC)
the 1st car i think is peugeot c60
the 2nd car i think is the oscar mayer weiner mobile because its a staple american hot dog design but has changed the hot dog game worlwide
the 3rd one im guessing is the Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

All of these have not been in any forza games

Edited by user Saturday, July 9, 2016 8:21:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:12:31 AM(UTC)
#1 As others are saying it's a cat and there's not many manufacturers that are cat referenced so Jaguar would be a main choice here, maybe Jaguar talking about coming to Formula E with already established teams and Jaguar would be the underdog. Also as mentioned Emil Frey Jaguar G3 who have been partaking in Blancpain to develop their GT3 XKR

#2 I would like to say a car from Lola, may not be global but created in UK and raced in the US, that's a global distance. Hard to say one single car from them as there has been so many different cars and chassis, old or new could be a mystery. Also a lot of people saying Deltawing which is not starting to hit me especially with their livery a very odd car but unfortunately hasn't done too well in the side of racing

Edited by user Saturday, July 9, 2016 1:15:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:12:42 AM(UTC)
Clue 1: Emile Frey Jaguar GT3: definitely a David to the Blancpain Goliaths that are McLaren, Bentley, Porsche etc.
Clue 2: 2016 Deltawing: has a Stars and Stripes livery. Was originally a Nissan Deltawing and still has a Nissan engine. Designed by Brits. Very global indeed.
Clue 3: BMW Isetta. Was originally an (Italian) Iso Isetta.

Edited by user Saturday, July 9, 2016 4:26:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:17:39 AM(UTC)
Clue #1... this "cat", you say? Might it be some sort of Jaguar?
More characters than sense.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:19:19 AM(UTC)
So the cat leads me straight to Jaguar, potentially something from Tom Walkinshaw Racing? I'll go with the XJR-9 Silk Cut livery.

The seemingly obvious choice for the Stars and Stripes, I'm going to have to say the new Haas F1 car, which truly is globally sourced and produced.

An Italian oddity? That's a bit obscure for me. The new Fiat 124 Spider?
#8 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:24:24 AM(UTC)
Hint 1: Got to be some sort of Jaguar race car? Maybe the old Rocketsports (RSR) Jaguar XKR GT2 that ran in ALMS occasionally?

Hint 2: Seems to point very strongly to the DeltaWing, especially given the "like nothing else in the franchise" comments

Hint 3: The hint does seem to indicate the Karmann Ghia, but I'm pretty sure it has been in an older FM game.
#9 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:28:22 AM(UTC)
One quick point of clarification: the three clues mentioned in the WIR are referring to three separate cars in the pack.

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:30:39 AM(UTC)
#1: Jaguar XKR GT3

#2: Gonna change from Deltawing to new Acura NSX, seeing as its American badged but originally a Honda designed elsewhere around the globe

#3: Gumpert maybe?

Edited by user Saturday, July 9, 2016 7:46:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:33:02 AM(UTC)
#1 Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail GT500 spec

#2 Deltawing

#3 BMW Isetta
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:33:49 AM(UTC)
My guess for clue 1 is th DeTomaso Pantera. Pantera means panther, and it was raced but only as a privateer entry.
If I'm right, I'd very much appreciate the 1977 Aston Vantage in Forza 6.
#13 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:34:40 AM(UTC)
Clue 1: Jaguar F-Type SVR
Clue 2: VW Amarok
Clue 3: Mercedes C 111
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:37:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raregliscor1 Go to Quoted Post
#1 Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail GT500 spec

Me like

Though the David and Goliath for McLaren would be at Le Mans with the McLaren F1 GTR and not the longtail, Ueno Clinic F1 GTR for example.

Edited by user Friday, July 8, 2016 11:46:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
#15 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:39:25 AM(UTC)
No idea for clues 1 and 2.
Clue 3: Messerschmitt KR200

Maybe Germany's take on the Piaggio?
#16 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:40:29 AM(UTC)
Hint#1: Could it be we are talking here about the Cheetah by Bill Thomas?
Hint#2: Hope this is indeed the #0 DeltaWing DW12 Coupe
Hint#3: no idea atm
#17 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:42:10 AM(UTC)
#1 McLaren F1 GT500 Longtail thingy
#2 Mercedes G-wagen 6x6
#3 Isetta?
Quite possibly one of the squeakiest people who doesn't ram everybody off the track in public lobbies.
#18 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:46:19 AM(UTC)
1. While everyone else is thinking Jaguar, I'm thinking De Tomaso Pantera.
2. The deltawing
3. some tiny BMW called an Isetta.
#19 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:47:18 AM(UTC)
The cat one... I'd say some kind of Catfish Camaro, like an RS. Or a Reliant Robin because most cats have 3 legs
#20 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:49:40 AM(UTC)
Thinking further into it, #3 being the Isetta makes sense, as I don't recall micro bubble cars in any Forza franchise before. The Pantera would be cool, for sure. Come on Tuesday . . .
#21 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:55:14 AM(UTC)
so #1 must be the Emil Frey Jaguar G3
#2 Can only be the DeltaWang
#3.....well, can only think of the BMW Isetta or Messerschmitt but..can they really be forza cars?
#22 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:55:52 AM(UTC)
Heh Mech! Good to see you take a crack at this stuff. It is fun, after all.

...and nice to see forza 6 still getting some fresh stuff.

Clue 1: Jaguar XKR GT3
Clue 2: deltawing, does seem to make sense
Clue 3: yeah, bmw isetta. I'll never drive it but I understand it's popularity and common request.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#23 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 11:59:42 AM(UTC)
#1: Hoping for a Pantera, but the usage of "is" instead of "was" makes me think it's a contemporary car, so another vote for a GT3 Jaguar.
#2: Deltawing seems as likely as any.
#3: The BMW Isetta would be nuts to drive and fun to mess around with in Forzavista, but I'm hoping for something more sporty, like the "Italian oddity" being the Bertone styling group and the German take being the BMW 3200 CS they designed the bodywork for. EDIT: better yet, the Mercedes-Benz C111, designed by the Italian-born, future Daimler-Benz chief stylist Bruno Sacco.

Edited by user Friday, July 8, 2016 12:04:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 12:01:11 PM(UTC)
Quote:
HINT #1: This cat is the David to the factory works Goliath teams.

Hm. Cheetahs count as "cats", don't they? Becuase the Bill Thomas Cheetah was an almost garage-built car that went up against the Ford-sponsored Shebly Cobra Daytonas and GM's own Corvette Grand Sport. Cars that, I'd like to point out, are already present in the game.

Quote:
HINT #2: It may seem Stars & Stripes, but this racer is a truly global effort.

I'll have to go with the Deltawing. Its God Bless America livery is as Stars & Stripes as it gets, but the car was originally a British design, and has always been powered by Japanese engine (Nissan first, and Mazda now). It'd also fit in the first clue we've been provided, as it would undoubtedly possess unique handling characteristics.

Quote:
HINT #3: Germany’s take on an Italian oddity.

Is the Iso Isetta an odd Italian car? No doubt about that. BMW licensed the car and re-engineered much of it. The Bavarian's thinkering with the original concept from Iso eventually resulted in the creation of the BMW 600, a relatively larger, four-seater version powered by a 582cc flat-twin engine from the R67 bike.
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#25 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 12:08:55 PM(UTC)
Clue 1: I'm going to go with the Felino cB7. The manufacturer name sounds like "Feline" and it is a generally overlooked supercar when it comes to racing games. I don't know one that has it included (yet).

Clue 2: I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that it is John Greenwood's 1976 Le Mans Corvette

Clue 3: The BMW Isetta since it was originally an Italian car. And it is definitely an Oddity.

Edited by user Friday, July 8, 2016 7:13:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

17 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error