3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:17:20 AM(UTC)
Horizon has always been 30 on console so this shouldn't surprise or disappoint anyone.

Being 60+ on PC though is a fantastic upgrade that I can't wait to try =)
#27 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 4:28:21 AM(UTC)
Didn't Forza always have a 60 FPS cap on consoles? Or is that just for Motorsport?

Anyway, it better not be capped on PC. Maybe 60 FPS is fine for consoles but by PC standards it's weak.

Edited by user Thursday, June 30, 2016 4:34:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: I don't have to explain sh*t to you.

#28 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:21:42 AM(UTC)
I still dont understand how they're going to allow cross play in this game. Single player and free roam is one thing but competitive multiplayer and rivals times will always favor higher framerates. I did see somewhere that you can search for xbox only or pc only lobbies but once xbox players realize pc players have an advantage its only a matter of time until those mixed lobbies dry up with most xbox players choosing to not race with pc players. Pc monitors also have much better input lag compared to tvs. Just by switching your tv to game mode or in my case pc mode lowers my lap times substatially. They may have to lock pc framerates for competitive play it really wouldnt be fair if it wasnt.

Edited by user Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:30:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:37:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
I still dont understand how they're going to allow cross play in this game. Single player and free roam is one thing but competitive multiplayer and rivals times will always favor higher framerates. I did see somewhere that you can search for xbox only or pc only lobbies but once xbox players realize pc players have an advantage its only a matter of time until those mixed lobbies dry up with most xbox players choosing to not race with pc players. Pc monitors also have much better input lag compared to tvs. Just by switching your tv to game mode or in my case pc mode lowers my lap times substatially. They may have to lock pc framerates for competitive play it really wouldnt be fair if it wasnt.

They're hardly targetting eSports with this game so I doubt most players will notice or care, honestly.
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:50:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

They're hardly targetting eSports with this game so I doubt most players will notice or care, honestly.

When they start losing i think they'll care, its still a racing game after all.
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:45:42 PM(UTC)

What do you mean by substantially? eg 0.1s, 0.5s, 1s
I blame the ants.
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 4:37:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

What do you mean by substantially? eg 0.1s, 0.5s, 1s

My particular tv when I watch movies and what not with all the bells and whistles that newer tvs add i have an input lag in the 80ms range. Game mode drops that down into the mid to high 30s and in pc mode its around 20ms which is good but not great.

When i first got the tv i had forza 5 and i was upwards of 1-1.5 seconds slower on medium sized tracks like spa more on larger tracks compared to my old tv. At first i had no idea why, things did feel a little different so i brought up the telemetry to see the throttle,braking and steering meters or whatever youd call them. I started hitting buttons and switching between the normal mode and pc mode and saw the lag difference. I then did some laps in pc mode and my lap times dropped back down to normal.

Although my newer tv made everything look a 1000 times better than my old one, all those post processing effects like judder and blur reduction raise the input lag in my case 4x as much. Its funny cause i did so much research on the tv but never bothered to look at the input lag, only to find out it was one of the worst.

Luckily for me they patched game and pc mode on the tv and it lowered to what i think is an acceptable level for competitive play.For most people these things might not matter, but for people that are competitive and actually care about being faster these things matter.

I know you are fast this is why i friended you during horizon 2, im pretty sure i went back and forth a few times in rivals with you. When you get to a certain level which id say both of us are at, you really start pushing for any advantage you can because it does become very close at the top.

This is why the elite controller has been a success, i have yet to buy one but its certainly on my list along with a low input lag, low response time 4k tv with hdr support, which samsung makes a great one of that i have my eyes on. I know alot of people that use pc monitors for some of these reasons but i like big screens and i dont own a desktop to make buying a monitor just for xbox justifiable.

So for anyone that doesnt use a game mode or pc mode in samsungs case which requires you to use hdmi port 2 and rename the input to pc to work, i suggest you do so. It will make the graphics look worse, but it is purest form of the signal and it will give you the best results.

Ps: SatNiteEduardo i read that you might not get horizon 3, but please do, i was gonna use you as one of my drivatar teammates ;)

Edited by user Thursday, June 30, 2016 4:42:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 8:59:05 AM(UTC)
For me when FH3 comes out I won't be bothered if its 30 frames, I still play on FH2 more than F6 if painting or driving down the road. And I would think same goes for most people when they get FH3 on consoles.

If you think 30 frames is bad then you have seen what I grew up with, alot of people here will have had them and still use them to this day.

I remember racing games, car was a square box on wheels, and that what it was in those days, as the decades past we got forza, best racing game out there to me, as I only play forza now, all other racing games look and play naff against forza.

Edited by user Friday, July 1, 2016 9:01:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling mistake

1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 11:42:42 AM(UTC)
My first racing game was rad racer on nes. I dont think horizon is bad at 30fps even forza 6 apex isnt bad at 30fps its just better at 60. Im just interested in what crossplay will mean for the xbox one vs pc players. It might not effect horizon as much as a track based racer, but there is a difference.
#35 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 12:27:32 PM(UTC)
Deleted

Edited by user Friday, July 1, 2016 12:36:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 8:31:34 PM(UTC)

Ps: SatNiteEduardo i read that you might not get horizon 3, but please do, i was gonna use you as one of my drivatar teammates ;)

lol thanks.

Even if I get it I am not sure I would play it like I played FH2.

I have been sucked into the MMO world bigtime lol

We will see.
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 12:03:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yakov Alfa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
I understand the need for 30 fps on the console, but after racing with everything else at a minimum of 60 fps i couldnt do it. ive had framerate drops into the 40's and oh my, cant even drive.

Then you would love GTA V on the 360. Nothing above 30FPS, and very regularly dipping down between 10-20FPS. Trying to drive AND do combat at the same time while everything looks like a flipbook... I mean, I got used to it pretty quickly, but it's still annoying. And going back and forth between GTA V and FM4 is properly jarring.

Yeah I love the wacky racing in GTA 5, but holy cow is it distracting when the framerate dips.

Honestly, the difference between 30 and 60 is not horrible (I have switched back and forth from Horizon 2 to Motorsport 6 and there is a noticeable difference), but it's not game breaking.But Motorsport has a much more limited scope so 60 fps is doable. Horizon has so much that it has to juggle in an open world that I don't mind 30 fps. Plus it's Horizon, so I'm not looking for much in the way of precision anyway, I just want it to be fun :P
#38 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:29:43 PM(UTC)

hmmm just had a look at the car list. This may be hard to avoid lol
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 12:05:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post
Yeah I love the wacky racing in GTA 5

My favorite part is that everyone I've ever seen absolutely SUCKS at driving on GTA, so when people try to slam into me I just brake, watch them smash into a wall, then wave as I drive by. I've even passed people who are driving McLaren P1s while I'm driving a freaking Prius. Trollololol

Quote:
Honestly, the difference between 30 and 60 is not horrible

So long as the framerate is locked, yeah. 60 is much better than 30 obviously, and going from 60 to 30 is noticeable, but 30 is still totally playable. However, anything below 30 starts to really impact gameplay.

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#40 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 4:26:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

hmmm just had a look at the car list. This may be hard to avoid lol

You were too good at horizon 2 to not get this.
#41 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 1:47:23 PM(UTC)
"the new Forza Horizon 3 was created for the new Xbox One version. This game can be played with 4k resolution with 60 FPS"

...quote from microsoft

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 3:59:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IveAlwaysMissed Go to Quoted Post
"the new Forza Horizon 3 was created for the new Xbox One version. This game can be played with 4k resolution with 60 FPS"

...quote from microsoft

Can't find that anywhere. Can you link me?
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 4:12:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bizmo Funyuns Go to Quoted Post

Can't find that anywhere. Can you link me?

Originally Posted by: Noobertson Go to Quoted Post

Source: Microsoft support

No other info was posted by either microsoft or T10...

"the new Forza Horizon 3 was created for the new Xbox One version.

Yes. Because it has HDR support, which only the XB1s is capable of.

This game can be played with 4k resolution with 60 FPS"

Yes. On PC

Source: Microsoft support

xD ...

4k @ 60 FPS with 1.31 teraflops GPU power ...

How about ... NO! xD

No other info was posted by either microsoft or T10...

The developer is Playground Games.

"Forza Horizon 3 will run at 30 frames per second on Xbox One upon its release, with the Windows 10 version offering an unlocked frame rate as well as allowing for 4K resolution gameplay.

The specifications come from the game’s art director, Benjamin Penrose, who shared them during a showing we had with the game at this year’s E3."

Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 9:58:23 AM(UTC)

...quote from microsoft

I think you got that wrong, xbox s won't run games in 4k, but it make the picture better as its got HDR but only if your tv supports it, if not then it run it like the xb1 version.

The only FH3 game be running at 4k be the pc, but not sure if it be 60 frames though, all depends on your gaming rig graphics card etc I suppose.
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 10:40:09 AM(UTC)
It'll run fine on my PC at 75FPS, but i'll still prob play it on my Xbox for ease. I'll put it on my PC too, but that's usually busy rendering or compiling so it'll only be played on the PC when it's free. But the Xbox at 30FPS as long as it's locked will be bearable. lol. My issue is when framerate varies, i can see it and get ocular migraines. I get the same effect from flourescent lighting. But if it's a sloid 30 i can see it, but it's bearable. Might have to get a second PC. lol
For info my first racing game was one i wrote in MSX basic. It was a 2D formula one game in 1984! in 16 Colours!!! The MSX stoof for MicroSoft eXtended Basic. It was Microsoft's attempt to invade our living rooms with home computers. It was techinically a good system and games ran at 50Hz which is mains frequency in our country. But some games ran at like 8FPS. lol. I'm seriously, it was like a flipbook. We've come so far. You yong un's are so spoiled, you don't know the struggle of waiting for 3 and a half minutes just to load the ice skating in winter games, playing for 60 seconds and then waiting another 4 minutes for the weightlifting to load! Never mind loading areas, we had to load each event in turn. lol. With asynchronous loading enabling these massive open worlds without any load screens is a marvel and being at 30 frames per second is an acceptable trade off for something so fantastic. Honestly, you guys don't know you're born! ROFL
#46 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 11:34:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Azhurel Pigeon Go to Quoted Post
Can people even really tell the difference?

It's pretty obvious to me, but as long as it's stable, I don't mind much.
私は日本語が話せません。
#47 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 4:35:46 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know if the Xbox One SCORPIO will possibly run Horizon 3 at 60fps?

I'm talking about the next console upgrade, the one after Xbox One S, which will come out in 2017. If it's 60fps on PC at launch it would make sense for the Scorpio to run it at 60fps too.

I'm surprised that anyone can't tell 30fps from 60fps. It's a huge difference in the feeling of solid smoothness. 30fps is slightly shuddery when you move your view around, because the screen is only changing 30 times per second. Play Motorsport 6, Titanfall, Modern Warfare 1 or 2 for a while. Look around, move around. Then switch to an average game that's 30fps. It's flickery in comparison. It has nothing to do with input lag, as some people have mentioned, it's the smoothness of the refresh rate on the screen. 60fps gives a solid silky smooth feeling, like your monitor is a portal to a living world.

For what it's worth, I play on a PC monitor. Some TV's may have degraded quality that collapses the difference between 30 and 60fps, so maybe that's why some people say they can't see a difference.

It should be a source of widescale embarrassment that the current generation of console games in the year 2016 do not aim for 60fps but rather for high resolution choppiness that only looks good in screenshots.

Edited by user Monday, July 11, 2016 4:49:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 4:44:22 PM(UTC)
Horizon 2 is one of the smoothest 30fps games I've ever seen. Hopefully they can do as good of a job with Horizon 3.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:17:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yoohoo Kangaroo Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if the Xbox One SCORPIO will possibly run Horizon 3 at 60fps?

I'm talking about the next console upgrade, the one after Xbox One S, which will come out in 2017. If it's 60fps on PC at launch it would make sense for the Scorpio to run it at 60fps too.

I'm surprised that anyone can't tell 30fps from 60fps. It's a huge difference in the feeling of solid smoothness. 30fps is slightly shuddery when you move your view around, because the screen is only changing 30 times per second. Play Motorsport 6, Titanfall, Modern Warfare 1 or 2 for a while. Look around, move around. Then switch to an average game that's 30fps. It's flickery in comparison. It has nothing to do with input lag, as some people have mentioned, it's the smoothness of the refresh rate on the screen. 60fps gives a solid silky smooth feeling, like your monitor is a portal to a living world.

For what it's worth, I play on a PC monitor. Some TV's may have degraded quality that collapses the difference between 30 and 60fps, so maybe that's why some people say they can't see a difference.

It should be a source of widescale embarrassment that the current generation of console games in the year 2016 do not aim for 60fps but rather for high resolution choppiness that only looks good in screenshots.

Think I would want it running in 1080p 60 frames than 4k res.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 7/15/2291 8:28:15 AM(UTC)
#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:30:04 AM(UTC)
I'd rather 30 fps and a game with more features. I'm tired of all these console games trying to squeeze as much graphics and high fps into such limited hardware. It's ruining games. If someone really wanted better gaming they would have gone with a pc.

This is coming from a gamer who loves 60 fps.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error