This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:20:26 AM(UTC)
Will this game also come out on PC without framelock?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:23:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:09:34 PM(UTC)
During one of yesterday's streams, the Playground rep said you'll be able to have whatever framerate your hardware will support.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:43:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
During one of yesterday's streams, the Playground rep said you'll be able to have whatever framerate your hardware will support.

I missed those streams, was there any mention of other PC display stuff like triple screen support and ultrawide resolutions?
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:46:12 PM(UTC)
I watched a few streams and didn't hear any comment about resolution other than 4K.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:47:57 PM(UTC)
I watched a few streams and didn't hear any comment about resolution other than 4K.

Ah, bummer. Thanks!
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:31:15 PM(UTC)

Thanks MateoMax for the answer.

I didn't watch the stream but I assume that the Xbox version will be 30 FPS capped. So it should be pretty obvious which plattform I will pick to play on.
#7 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 2:07:12 PM(UTC)
Anyone know how it is with this game?

30 on console, 60 on PC maybe?

#8 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 3:24:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nightswipe 0 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know how it is with this game?

30 on console, 60 on PC maybe?

30fps on console @ 1080P.

PC will have no frame cap so it will be up to your systems performance to determine the frame rate.
#9 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 4:37:06 PM(UTC)
Ok. Thanks. Then I won't be getting it for XB1 for sure.
#10 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:09:39 PM(UTC)
Isn't F6 running at 60 frames at 1080p as it looks better than FH2 graphics, if so I can't see why FH3 shouldn't run the same. Looking forward to this game, I'll be ordering the xb1 version soon.
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:28:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PilotViper112 Go to Quoted Post
Isn't F6 running at 60 frames at 1080p as it looks better than FH2 graphics, if so I can't see why FH3 shouldn't run the same. Looking forward to this game, I'll be ordering the xb1 version soon.

The open world is much more demanding due to having to render much more terrain and objects, not to mention loading them in and switching models. The previous two Horizon games were also in 30fps, so this isn't anything new. The PC version will probably have higher minimum specs too because of that.
#12 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:55:03 PM(UTC)
It should lock in at 60 during the races. 30 is too choppy, no matter how beautiful the game.
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:51:32 AM(UTC)
I played Horizon 2 for around 1000 hours and it was 30fps so I'm pretty sure this won't be an issue.
and yes I own a more than capable Gaming Laptop so I'll be able to experience the game at 75fps which is the plan for me, hopefully I can reach the framerate with no issues but just to be safe I'll probably set my game to High settings instead of Ultra in order to hit that constant 75fps on my laptop

also btw to the guy saying hes not getting it on Xbox One, you do know that if you buy the Xbox One version you get the PC version for free right? and so far you can only pre-order it on Xbox currently so seems like the better deal imo, either way its up to you if you want 2 copies instead of 1 lol

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2016 12:54:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:27:44 AM(UTC)
... Consoles are stuck at 30fps?

Not going to lie, I'm a trifle disappointed. It won't stop me playing it though, looks incredible!

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 3 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:09:30 AM(UTC)
60 frames or not, looks better than FH2 what I've seen of it, I like the FH games better than the F5/F6 games.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:18:55 AM(UTC)
I understand the need for 30 fps on the console, but after racing with everything else at a minimum of 60 fps i couldnt do it. ive had framerate drops into the 40's and oh my, cant even drive.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:48:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
I played Horizon 2 for around 1000 hours and it was 30fps so I'm pretty sure this won't be an issue.
and yes I own a more than capable Gaming Laptop so I'll be able to experience the game at 75fps which is the plan for me, hopefully I can reach the framerate with no issues but just to be safe I'll probably set my game to High settings instead of Ultra in order to hit that constant 75fps on my laptop

also btw to the guy saying hes not getting it on Xbox One, you do know that if you buy the Xbox One version you get the PC version for free right? and so far you can only pre-order it on Xbox currently so seems like the better deal imo, either way its up to you if you want 2 copies instead of 1 lol

You don't actually get 2 copies
It only applies with the digital copy and its just a shared version that works on both the xbone and a windows 10 pc thats capable of playing it
It also syncs between each platform as well so that the save game is available on whichever platform you are playing on

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:51:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:13:02 PM(UTC)
Can people even really tell the difference?
Battling for more 50's big-finned,chrome beauties in Forza! Also bring back the '84 Mugen! Removing it from FM6 was lame T10 ;^(
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:05:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Azhurel Pigeon Go to Quoted Post

Probably not
But people will argue that they can
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:22:12 PM(UTC)
played a lot of H2, sure its noticeable but I could care less. Plenty of other issues to worry about
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 11:31:27 PM(UTC)

I never used to think so, but went onto a website that had the same game in two windows side-by-side. Trying to show the same sequence of game play. One was at 30 fps the other 60 fps. You had to select which one was at 60.

I found I couldn't tell the difference with first person shooters or third person shooters. I could always tell with racing games and flying games. I think you can notice it more with games where scenery is moving by quickly other than that I am happy to settle with 30. I don't see the need to max. things out when there is no noticeable benefit.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:51:07 AM(UTC)

Yes, it's huge. Some people might not be able to tell the difference by lame videos or gifs on the internet, partly because they don't want to.
However, if you try to play any game yourself at 30 and then at 60 fps, you gonna see it right away because of input lag which is not present on videos or gifs or whatever.
And as a person who mostly plays games at 60 fps i can tell you that it takes me a while to adjust to 30 fps if the game is locked. It feels awful after playing at higher fps.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:52:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:56:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
I understand the need for 30 fps on the console, but after racing with everything else at a minimum of 60 fps i couldnt do it. ive had framerate drops into the 40's and oh my, cant even drive.

Then you would love GTA V on the 360. Nothing above 30FPS, and very regularly dipping down between 10-20FPS. Trying to drive AND do combat at the same time while everything looks like a flipbook... I mean, I got used to it pretty quickly, but it's still annoying. And going back and forth between GTA V and FM4 is properly jarring.

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:24:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JustRay76 Go to Quoted Post

Yes, it's huge. Some people might not be able to tell the difference by lame videos or gifs on the internet, partly because they don't want to.
However, if you try to play any game yourself at 30 and then at 60 fps, you gonna see it right away because of input lag which is not present on videos or gifs or whatever.
And as a person who mostly plays games at 60 fps i can tell you that it takes me a while to adjust to 30 fps if the game is locked. It feels awful after playing at higher fps.

I used to go pretty much straight from FM4 to FH and then FM5 to FH2. Never noticed it and never felt like I was needing to adjust to anything.

I may not get FH3 but that has nothing to do with the framerate.
I blame the ants.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:13:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PilotViper112 Go to Quoted Post

Forza 6 doesn't have as high a level of graphic fidelity as Horizon, your eyes are tricking you, plus, static racing tracks are a lot easier to render compared to massive open worlds with dynamic weather and environments.

Plus, FM6 is a sim, it needs to be 60FPS otherwise it would be a joke, this is a relaxing arcade game deigned to be enjoyed, it's fine at 30FPS.

Yes, indeed you can. It's not so much the visual of it, but the input response from your controls, in racing games it's a must to race well, just like in FPS it makes worlds of difference.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error