2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 6:31:15 AM(UTC)
Well, if they're making it a cross-compatible game, they would have to make it so that minimum spec-xbox's (like me) can still have a 1080p 30FPS experience.
#27 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 7:15:38 AM(UTC)
The XBOX One S Supports 4K Video only. So if you have a 4k TV, and an XBOX One S, you can watch 4K Blu-Ray Movies, and stream Netflix in 4k, if you subscribe to their Super HD Service, and have the bandwidth. The One S and the One will have zero difference in graphics with gaming.

However the Scorpio Console, coming Christmas 2017, will be a more powerful console. Expect to see 2 versions of games at this point. Regular games, and "Optimized for Scorpio" Editions, kind of like Nintendo 64 did with their RAM upgrade chip with several games like Turok 2 and Perfect Dark 64.
#28 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 7:33:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FxMercenary Go to Quoted Post

However the Scorpio Console, coming Christmas 2017, will be a more powerful console. Expect to see 2 versions of games at this point. Regular games, and "Optimized for Scorpio" Editions, kind of like Nintendo 64 did with their RAM upgrade chip with several games like Turok 2 and Perfect Dark 64.

Which is what I was saying, and is basically what happened with horizon 2 on 360 and xbox 1. They ended up being different games. And althought i didnt realize it until someone corrected they were developed by 2 different developers with the primary developer focusing on the more powerful game and the other game being left for scrap and getting what they could of the xbox 1 game into it.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 2:23:38 AM(UTC)
I won't be buying the xb s as there nothing wrong with my xb1 touch wood, so am happy with the xb1. If you going to base games on high end graphics then you need to leave the consoles and go for pc gaming, as for the Scorpio xbox that won't be a cheap console to buy.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:23:21 AM(UTC)
It sounds like most people don't understand what an xbox s is. It's just a slim version of the current console that can play 4k movies. Common sense would tell you that if the price is the same, it couldn't possibly have hardware that can play games at resolutions over 1080p. $1000 video cards have trouble with 4k.

Edited by user Monday, June 27, 2016 7:24:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#31 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 9:07:56 AM(UTC)
look guys (and gals if there was one or two) think about this for a second. how many versions of the xbox 360 where there? Core, (first one) Pro, (bigger hard drive) , Elite (bigger hard Drive--black same look) , arcade (meh dont really count as one but oh well) , supper elite (hardrive inside the case not on the out side) the S (or slim) which I have which has 250GB hard drive and looks better with possible better insides, and the E (or this version latest, elite) which has the newest logo and more defined case. and has a physical button than a touch sensor from the S.

Now think about this for a second. All of you Xbox one gamer(s) bought the first version of the Xbox one, shall we say the Xbox one Core edition. now they are making the S version which has a different body style and a built in power-supply (what that does for you IDK. ) which does have 4k for Video Apps and blue-ray discs only. (which require a more expensive TV) which still technically runs the same OS called windows 10 Core (just the Xbox version of windows). and has 2TB hard drive. Now I would go for that if it wasn't for these few reasons: one, uncle has the first xbox one. two not all games are backwards compatible so I loose out on Forza 4 and older. three, I would get it because of the slimness and that is is very small. but here is the big kicker.... It's going to be outdated with in a year or more by a new xbox one called right now Project Scorpio. Why would I bother buying the new Xbox one S when I can get a more powerful (according to Cnet) a 12 Core Processor Xbox one. but what even more sucks is that I dont think that it will run on tv's that don't have 4K. I mean PS4K only runs on $K TV's and monitors. what really sucks about this is that even after Project Scorpio there Might be oh I don't know... 4 Versions of Xbox after that. Whats really funny though is that over all the years on 360 they used the same games discs and even the latest games for 360 could still run on an older version of the 360.

My question is ... are you really going to sell your xbox one that you might have gotten at Day One and go with the latest one when it comes out? I mean the graphics on the xbox one right now are pretty good even when it's not 4K
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!

User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#32 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 9:17:45 AM(UTC)
also bye the way for FH2 for 360 was pretty much a way to get more money and just say bye bye 360. we dont care for you at all. I mean Fifa 16 kinda did the same thing with the different weather affects but not as bad as not having DLC, maybe a game update to fix some issues , and having it like a demo which was not really crafted at all. (36 glitches counted so far -- found by me) I mean the only game that actually tried to have a really good game for Xbox One and 360 when they had the new system come out or had two different versions was TitanFall, There was one stage where the rain went away even though it was in the cut scene but other wise the game did not have really any glitches at all. and they still support the game today. SUMO even got booed off the stage at the E3 (or another gaming convention) they were at when they started talking about FH2. Play ground should have made the game but they did not.
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:49:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: humancarman21 Go to Quoted Post
I was just thinking about a concern I just had that FH3 might not look as good on the original Xbox One, but better on the XB1 S. Will the original XB1 still be as good, though?

They're exactly the same game. They're not gonna release a 4k game if the current system cannot support it as most people are still mostly on the original Xbox 1. If anything, 4k MAY be an option, but I highly doubt it. Games that rely on very new technology are always rare at the start. Remember the N64's rumble pack? It was only supported by games that came out AFTER it, and games released before it were sometimes rereleased with rumble support (eg. Super Mario 64). same for other peripherals, like Kinect and N64's Transfer Pack.

That's just my 2 cents, I could be wrong.
#34 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 9:25:26 PM(UTC)
it depends on the game it self. From what I understand the game must have dynamic resolution tech in the games to upscale it correctly to 4k. Again upscale not native. Only a few games in my mind that have this tech in the game.

Halo 5
COD
Witcher 3
Division
Doom 4

So the other can upscale games but they dont look all that great but these games I have will look and perform great. Not improve as in more better but the resolution will get to work and scale the best resolution to make sure the game at its best and keep the performance running.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:05:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xLEEx82x Go to Quoted Post
Gameplay wise the games will be identical.

Xbox One S supports 4k but unless the game ships with 4k support then graphically they will be the same too.

Xbox have already announced that software for the new 'Scorpio' system will be cross-compatible with Xbox One. So it looks like we could be moving towards a PC / mobile type upgrade system where software works across multiple consoles but with better performance at the more expensive end of the spectrum. Also would leave MS free to release new consoles more frequently for those that can afford it. Just my musings on the matter.

Xbox One S supports 4K but not 4K Gaming, thats the Scorpio, the hardware in the Xbox One S wouldn't even be able to run the game at 4K, it would be waaaay too demanding on the hardware. But yea Scorpio would probably work at 30fps at most maybe and even then it might struggle, remember that 4K essentially needs 2 to 3 times more power to run compared to 1080p
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:06:01 AM(UTC)
So to answer OP's question, no it won't make a difference so you don't have to worry about that
#37 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:15:49 AM(UTC)
well..... is history says anything "referring to FH2" the standard Xbone's version will be completely diff compared to the XBS's and they'll probly not say a single thing about said diffs till right after it launches. just putting that out there lol
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:19:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: humancarman21 Go to Quoted Post
I was just thinking about a concern I just had that FH3 might not look as good on the original Xbox One, but better on the XB1 S. Will the original XB1 still be as good, though?

The graphics fidelity will be just as good on the original Xbox One (which I have and intend to keep) in native 1080p and 30fps. from what I understand. Recall in the on-stage demo that Xbox One S, Windows PC and the original Xbox One were demonstrated as a way to evince continued support all platforms. So with that said, I'm pretty sure that we can expect the same or slightly improved graphics for Xbox One original. There is also talk of a more powerful Xbox being readied for early next year with higher processing power and greater graphics capability, I suspect to accommodate rain racing at night and possibly snow in FM7.

Actually, Phil did mention Project Scorpio at E3, which is the ultimate Xbox and everyone should be waiting to spend money on that will have an upgraded AMD 8 core processor (Xbox One currently runs an AMD octacore processor too) , upgraded memory running at 320 GB per second bandwidth, and GPU at 6 teraflop (1.3 for the original Xbox).

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:03:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:53:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zombie Plymouth Go to Quoted Post
well..... is history says anything "referring to FH2" the standard Xbone's version will be completely diff compared to the XBS's and they'll probly not say a single thing about said diffs till right after it launches. just putting that out there lol

Complete rubbish
The 2 versions of FH2 were never said to be the same.
They were made by 2 different companies to begin with and that was always said from the start

The Xbone S is hardly even different to the original
Bit like the slim version of the 360 compared to the original 360
The games will be identical
Even when the Scorpio gets released late next year i doubt anything will change
Can't see them doing anything to a game that will already be 12 months old when the scorpio does eventually get released and if anything it would be an upscale of graphics and not much more
#40 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 2:20:40 PM(UTC)
Well, good to know for a lot of the comments. I consider getting the Windows 10 version now.
#41 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 6:31:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xLEEx82x Go to Quoted Post
Gameplay wise the games will be identical.

Xbox One S supports 4k but unless the game ships with 4k support then graphically they will be the same too.

Xbox have already announced that software for the new 'Scorpio' system will be cross-compatible with Xbox One. So it looks like we could be moving towards a PC / mobile type upgrade system where software works across multiple consoles but with better performance at the more expensive end of the spectrum. Also would leave MS free to release new consoles more frequently for those that can afford it. Just my musings on the matter.

Developers only have to add higher resolution textures, and tweak the color and lighting within the game, so when the game is projected on larger TV's that support 4K resolution, they will look more vibrant and more defined when running at 2160P.

In saying that, if you were to buy a 100 inch UHD TV that is only a 200 Hz UHD TV instead of a 600 Hz UHD TV, then you will notice a significant difference with fast moving objects in games such as racing games. Just like a PC monitor, the lower the refresh rate, the more ghosting and blurry moving objects will look on a UHD TV that hasn't got a decent quad core processor and doesn't support a refresh rate of 600 Hz.

I've been looking at a lot of the UHD TV's, and many of the new ones on the market look absolutely amazing when viewing 4K scenery like landscapes, but as soon as there is footage of a movie with a fast action scene, I've noticed a lot of the TV's still get ghosting because they only have dual processors and are running between 200 to 400Hz.

In Australia, if you're prepared to spend almost $8000, then the most expensive 80 inch UHD TV's running quad processors at a refresh rate of 600Hz will give you a awesome picture without any ghosting or blurriness.

Now if you are going to play the game on a 4K PC monitor, keep in mind most 4K PC monitor will only give you a refresh rate of 60Hz using the mini display port port connection which they all come with standard now.

I can only think of two PC 4K 27 and 29 inch displays on the market that produce 120Hz at a 4K resolution, which is definitely a must if you are into racing Sims or fast action first shooters.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2016 7:54:05 AM(UTC)
The amount of misinformation in this thread. lol

The 4K "capable" Scorpio and PS4K will ONLY run on 4K TV's? No, that's not how it works. They can run at up to 4K, but they will work just fine on 1080p and even 720p TV's. Why would they deliberately exclude 95% of their customers in this way? Also the HDMI standard means that all TV's will accept the signals from the consoles and display them appropriately. What a ridiculous thing to say. No seriously. My PC is "capable" of 8K and outputs to my 1080p TV just fine. It also outputs to my 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 monitors just fine in hundreds of different resolution settings. The wonders of HDMI. Please check your facts before spouting outlandish claims from a single source. It only makes things worse for those trying to get the facts they need.
#43 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 9:55:12 AM(UTC)
I don't own a 4k because there very little in 4k to watch, netflix might have a few stuff in 4k but if your speed is poor that's not going to happen.

I don't think there be that many games in 4k been made, prob because not many folk have a 4k tv, to me it's not worth spending all the money on a 4k tv just to watch corrie in HD.

I read somewhere Microsoft said to the game makers its upto them to make games in 4k or not.

As for the Xb S it have same power to the xb1 but it supports HDR for better picture, but only if your tv supports it, if it doesn't its going be same as xb1 graphics.

If the new xbox 4k comes out and prices drop on 4k tv then I might get one.

Edited by user Friday, July 8, 2016 9:57:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling mistake

#44 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 1:42:29 PM(UTC)
"the new Forza Horizon 3 was created for the new Xbox One version. This game can be played with 4k resolution with 60 FPS"

Source: Microsoft support

No other info was posted by either microsoft or T10...
#45 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 3:25:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IveAlwaysMissed Go to Quoted Post
"the new Forza Horizon 3 was created for the new Xbox One version. This game can be played with 4k resolution with 60 FPS"

"the new Forza Horizon 3 was created for the new Xbox One version.

Yes. Because it has HDR support, which only the XB1s is capable of.

This game can be played with 4k resolution with 60 FPS"

Yes. On PC

xD ...

4k @ 60 FPS with 1.31 teraflops GPU power ...

How about ... NO! xD

The developer is Playground Games.

"Forza Horizon 3 will run at 30 frames per second on Xbox One upon its release, with the Windows 10 version offering an unlocked frame rate as well as allowing for 4K resolution gameplay.

The specifications come from the game’s art director, Benjamin Penrose, who shared them during a showing we had with the game at this year’s E3."
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#46 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 7:27:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Noobertson Go to Quoted Post

"the new Forza Horizon 3 was created for the new Xbox One version.

Yes. Because it has HDR support, which only the XB1s is capable of.

This game can be played with 4k resolution with 60 FPS"

Yes. On PC

xD ...

4k @ 60 FPS with 1.31 teraflops GPU power ...

How about ... NO! xD

The developer is Playground Games.

"Forza Horizon 3 will run at 30 frames per second on Xbox One upon its release, with the Windows 10 version offering an unlocked frame rate as well as allowing for 4K resolution gameplay.

The specifications come from the game’s art director, Benjamin Penrose, who shared them during a showing we had with the game at this year’s E3."

Forgot to add PG. Couldn't find those details on their site either... I only saw the e3 clip from Ralph Fulton, who i dont remember saying much more than it would be for XBO and PC...
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error