This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:12:59 PM(UTC)
Hi,

I am new to the aforza games and want to play through them all as they seemed to be loved by everybody that plays them.

I am a huge completionist, especially with achievements, and want to know from the commuinities opinion whether you think the Auction House will every be enabled again? This makes the Car Broker achievement unobtainable which makes me not want to start the game.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Also does the Forza team regularly check these forums?

#2 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 4:39:10 AM(UTC)
I would seriously doubt it will be available again.

And they say they do but don't expect much interaction.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:53:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiscuitCookie Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I am new to the aforza games and want to play through them all as they seemed to be loved by everybody that plays them.

I am a huge completionist, especially with achievements, and want to know from the commuinities opinion whether you think the Auction House will every be enabled again? This makes the Car Broker achievement unobtainable which makes me not want to start the game.

Hi they do but they ain't going too bring back 3 servers for people too do such tasks unless someone is paying for all them servers too stay on then i ain't seeing it coming back on.
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:07:34 AM(UTC)
I'm in the same boat - I'd love to go back and work on this game for the Forza Rewards points, but since the full 500 points is contingent on getting 1000g, seems a waste to start unless they turn the servers back on for the auction house achievement.
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 10:07:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiscuitCookie Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I wish to return FM2 Action House. I play a lot Forza 2, Now I am Level 49 :D :D

I think that developers do not care players who play Xbox 360. Nothing. See Forza Horizon 2 360 edition, no Forza rewards for this game. Injustice 100%
(Please excuse my poor english)
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 1:18:29 PM(UTC)
Achievements should never require that servers be maintained. Some of us don't discover these games until years after, then we aren't able to finish achievements.
People's misconceptions on adjustable suspensions usually come from a lack of knowledge.
#7 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 4:08:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SlammedNiss Go to Quoted Post
Achievements should never require that servers be maintained. Some of us don't discover these games until years after, then we aren't able to finish achievements.

I agree, or at least unlock the ones that will be unachievable after the servers shut down.

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 4:54:09 PM(UTC)

I second this. I'd love to be able to complete this game.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 12:17:03 AM(UTC)

Years after? we ain't talking about 2 or 3 that would be understandable the game is 9 years old now
#10 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 9:45:06 AM(UTC)
I am also skipping FM2 entirely because of the achievement.

Shame on achievements design choices they made.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 1:55:34 PM(UTC)
In the past there were several petitions to reopen the servers, but it doesnt seem like any of those petition was successful.

Cant they just release a patch which unlocks the achievement for everybody?
This way they dont have to reopen the servers.

Im trying to complete my Forza-Score and working on completing FM2.
It is just sad that you cant get a full Forza-Score because of this one achievement.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 16, 2016 1:58:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza-Achievements: 914 / 915 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:25:19 PM(UTC)
I wonder how much it would cost to make Forza 2 servers available. I would be glad to spend some money to make this happen. I have seen so many posts about this over the last few years that there may be lots of people willing to contribute. I won't mind to pay another $25 to complete the Horizon 3 expansions when they come out. I would easily pay $25 for access to Forza 2 servers again.

Maybe if a bunch of us say we'll pay for this then T10 would listen. All of the posts I have seen so far are putting the cost on them.

Forza 2 is still a great game. It is amazing what you can do with a well tuned car there. I also need to complete the 1,000,000 points online but you can never find anyone to race with. I am sad that I will never have a perfect Forza score.

T10 could offer a Forza 2 "second chance" where for $25 you could buy a year membership to play Forza 2 online with all of it's functions intact. How many buyers are there? Make some noise!
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 12:14:52 PM(UTC)
Paying money to get one achievement sounds weird in the first moment, but I'm sure that a lot of people would do it.

But at this point there wasn't even any kind of statement from T10 on this issue... It's kind of sad...

I'm at 18,975 points atm and I'm still working on "1,000,000 online credits", too. It is hard but still doable.
Check out TrueAchievements for boosting sessions, it is the only way to gather enough people.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:22:09 AM(UTC)
Poor design choices everywhere in Forza.

The token reward points thing in Forza 4 also is a bit disturbing, but not so much like an unobtainable achievement.

They'll not release a patch. A patch needs to be tested and money and time are spent. And FM2's licenses are obviously expired already, just like FM3, FM4 and FH.

Best thing to do is hurry towards FH2 and Forza 5. A shame for such a nice franchise.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 1:40:11 PM(UTC)
What licenses you are talking about?

Even if it isn't possible for them, they could at least give us a statement.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 7:56:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SWYD1 Go to Quoted Post
What licenses you are talking about?

Even if it isn't possible for them, they could at least give us a statement.

There are a lot of licenses, like car manufacturers, parts, music, etc. (Intellectual property obviously)

Of course we don't know the details of specific license deals they have, but the "delisting" means a game cannot be sold anymore until a new deal is done.

I don't know if you remember or even care about other games, but here are some examples:
* Sega can't sell After Burner Climax, Outrun Online Arcade, Castle of Illusion because of the airplanes, Ferraris and Mickey Mouse respectively.
* Capcom can't sell Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 because the Marvel characters licenses.
* Microsoft can't sell FM2, FM3, FM4, and FH because some licensing expiration.

Just a guess, but the music should be the worst licenses for Forza. I don't believe a parts manufacturer would be greedy to ask too much %. The game is an advertisement for them after all.

There was a little comotion this year because of the expiration of Castle of Illusion. It was a 3 year license. Disney is the worst regarding licenses. So if you care about Marvel, Star Wars and anything Disney owns, I sugest you to play the games sooner than later.

Edited by user Thursday, December 8, 2016 7:57:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 8:58:01 AM(UTC)
Well this could be an explanation because the game is 9 years old already...

//edit: Somebody created a new petition in case anybody is interested: FM2 Petition on change.org

Edited by user Friday, December 16, 2016 8:57:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 9:02:08 PM(UTC)
I would start up my old 360 just to get Forza 2 completed. But the servers that would need to be run in order to accomplish what y'all are suggesting would run costs up crazy. Because as soon as word gets out "Forza 2 servers are back up", then a whole bunch of other people will rush into it to get the extra points for their Forza Score (assuming there is a decent mass of people that care about their Forza Score to begin with).

I started on Forza 2 and I miss all of the old supercars that were either replaced with a newer version in a later game or completely deprecated for reasons I don't know. Same thing with the original Horizon. The Joss JT1, Ascari, etc. I'm glad to see the R390 in Horizon 3, but I hardly see any of the old supercars present in Forza 2 make it to anything past Forza 3. The Koenigsegg CCGT and CC8S were my favorite hypercars from Forza 2 (iirc they were both in it). Now all we have is the Agera, One:1, and Regera. Not even a CCX-R anymore.

Although we did get Porsche as well as NASCAR in Forza 6, most of the more abstract and less-known supercars have not made their way into later releases. Licensing is a big issue, indeed. Which is what most everyone thought was the reason for Horizon's delayed release for Xbox One backwards compatibility.

All in all, it's not logical to open up servers for just one achievement. Yes, I am somewhat of a perfectionist, but 19990 is high compared to the majority of casual Forza racers. That 10G will get you to 20k, but would it be worth the time and effort for the dev team to set up servers with the (possibly) outdated technology to run the servers? I think not. I will donate if the petition gets a decent turnout, though.
#19 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 12:43:14 PM(UTC)
Easiest for them would be to change the Forza rewards requirement to 900/900 instead of 1000/1000 (or whatever the gamerscore total is for the unobtainable achievements), but still give the full 500/500 Forza points.
#20 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 7:11:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: InitialCommand Go to Quoted Post
Easiest for them would be to change the Forza rewards requirement to 900/900 instead of 1000/1000 (or whatever the gamerscore total is for the unobtainable achievements), but still give the full 500/500 Forza points.

Seems about right in the "easiest for them".

But statistically? You have the people interested in 100% the achievements which is already low, and the players interested in forzamotorsport.net are even lower. Check your Friends Compare in the Rewards tab and you'll see a lot who don't bother at all with rewards.

So I say the "easier" becomes even more unlikely to be honest. And I don't consider it fair for the people who came first too. It's complicated. The easiest is to turn on that auction house!
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:53:25 PM(UTC)

//edit: Somebody created a new petition in case anybody is interested: FM2 Petition on change.org

Thank you! I signed the petition.

#22 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:27:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jotavier Go to Quoted Post

Thank you! I signed the petition.

Sorry do not like to connect to sites I am not familiar with, but count me in on the petition. It would be great if FM2 auction house was turned on even for a weekend!

OzzyGeoff
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 1:29:39 AM(UTC)
I don't think it would cost very much at all to run the FM2 AH server. There would be some traffic initially to meet the demands of folks picking up their AH achievement, then it would be hits now and then from a small community of players trading cars in what is still a great game.

1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 2:05:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: InitialCommand Go to Quoted Post

I could go for this solution or something similar.

There is precedent now.

With the release of FM7, they went back and gave people points for buying tokens, who never bought tokens.

So why not go back and give people credit who are now unable to complete the game due to no more servers?

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:39:46 AM(UTC)
In the past there were several petitions to reopen the servers, but it doesnt seem like any of those petition was successful.

Cant they just release a patch which unlocks the achievement for everybody?
This way they dont have to reopen the servers.

Im trying to complete my Forza-Score and working on completing FM2.
It is just sad that you cant get a full Forza-Score because of this one achievement.

i am pretty sure that this could be done but they dont care like most say this will be the only one i will not be able to get full score also other that the forza 6 apex as i didnt buy a gaming pc yet lets hope they dont do that with it also but i dont think thers any online ones with that game

Notification

Icon
Error