3 Pages123Next
 4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:39:51 AM(UTC)
In this video interview at E3 Playground Games director Ralph Fulton reveals "Drone Mode" in both solo and multiplayer which flies around your car and films your action at real speed.

www.motorworldhype.com/2016/06/e3-2016-we-interview-forza-horizon-3-director-ralph-fulton-video/
https://twitter.com/Moto...tatus/743473652134383619
YouTube

This gamescom gameplay video shows Drone Mode in action (at 23 minute mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ONGh15csk8

Edited by user Sunday, September 4, 2016 9:40:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:46:34 AM(UTC)
This sounds like a really cool feature and I cant wait to see how it works.
FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:34:14 AM(UTC)
Can't wait to see what I (and other Forzatographers) can do with this!

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:11:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:53:51 PM(UTC)
How would that be any different than photo mode? I like pausing at just the right moment rather than during play.
Battling for more 50's big-finned,chrome beauties in Forza! Also bring back the '84 Mugen! Removing it from FM6 was lame T10 ;^(
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:58:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Azhurel Pigeon Go to Quoted Post
How would that be any different than photo mode? I like pausing at just the right moment rather than during play.

I initially had the same thought. The camera mode that has been around since at least GT4 days has pretty much functioned as a drone does for still photos.

But it sounds like you can do this in real-time now and take video in this mode and use it in multiplayer.

Also photo mode does have a limit on how far away from the car you can travel, but it sounds like drone mode either increases this limit or does away with it entirely.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:16:41 PM(UTC)
I hope photos taken in Photo Mode will look the same on Xbox One and PC. I mean photos taken on Xbox One should be rendered in 4k and have the same graphical advances the PC Version has!
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:59:46 PM(UTC)
Every day some new interest thing in the game . I can not wait to get out :D
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:38:56 AM(UTC)
That bit at the end with Dan G suggests another addition to the franchise. Maybe a third game to spread out the dev time, Forza Trucks, or Forza Bikes? Or the fabled mythical Forza Watersports! lol

I'll be playing with drone mode a lot. filing my own car crashing from a 100ft up probably. lol
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:56:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
That bit at the end with Dan G suggests another addition to the franchise. Maybe a third game to spread out the dev time, Forza Trucks, or Forza Bikes? Or the fabled mythical Forza Watersports! lol

I'll be playing with drone mode a lot. filing my own car crashing from a 100ft up probably. lol

I'll be using my drone to film me firing Mitchy's drivatar over and over and over again.

✔ Verified Moderator

#10 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:08:50 AM(UTC)
Hieronymus, when are you gonna get over this? It was a summer fling, and now we've both moved on, well I have... lol
I'll be using my drone to film Hieronymus stalking me just like i did with the "record that" feature on Horizon 2. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ44iXe623A
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:54:49 AM(UTC)
Actually this is one of the most informative videos I've seen since the E3 footage concluded last week. Really cool is that there are 14 different avatars to choose from representing a cross section of ethnicity. Also mentioned, at least form the demo version which this build represents, are two cities: Surfers Paradise and Gold Coast. These are cities in proximity of each other and represents the expansive skylines of the Gold Coast and the suburbs of Surfers Paradise. I'm sure Sydney and Melbourne will be included in the full game as well. I guess we'll have to wait for the full rewards schedule to see what destination credits can be earned to confirm this.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#12 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 12:34:47 AM(UTC)
For a game like this having multiple avatars strikes me as a waste to be honest. A few maybe but 14?!?!? That time could have made something else be less developed. I mean it's a racing game, most of your time will be looking at other cars and scenery fly by! lol
In a third person game like GTA your character is on screen most of the time, so it's worthwhile. Forza though, give me more wheels or bodykits or add extra photo filters or something. I don't like things when they're done just to tick a box. I get people want it, but it seems a very little detail to worry about when it's based around cars not people. If there's a walking mode where you go off on foot exploring then i'll see the point, otherwise, not so much. But each to their own and all that. Just my own opinion.
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:15:29 PM(UTC)
Has anyone spotted the quadcopter drone in the Forza Horizon 3 Demo?
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:29:31 PM(UTC)
What drone?
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:53:02 PM(UTC)
The one in the thread title...
#16 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 12:55:19 AM(UTC)
The one in the thread title...

My comment and the one above it were in a different thread before.... and apart from that I think there won't be a drone, it will be an invisible camera.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 3:07:45 AM(UTC)
Yeah i think it won't have a physical representation in game as it would be distracting an idiots would use it online to troll people in races. It'll be a virtual camera like we've always had. But with the ability to take helicopter style shots like we've been asking for forever! lol
#18 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 3:09:19 AM(UTC)
Here is the drone

At 22 seconds in you will see the quadcopter drone that we may use to fly and film.
https://youtu.be/5VZiS1Bzpe4
#19 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 4:43:46 AM(UTC)
It's high enough up not to be a nuisance though hopefully. But yes, it's definitely a quadrocopter! :-)
#20 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 4:49:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
Here is the drone

At 22 seconds in you will see the quadcopter drone that we may use to fly and film.
https://youtu.be/5VZiS1Bzpe4

Very good spot, certainly looks like what we may use to fly around.
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

#21 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 5:10:54 AM(UTC)
So a drone might be a nuisance. But a jeep under a helicopter ain't? :p Jokes aside. Really looking forward to using the drone feature. Gives so much possibility for great content. Both in video and photo. I know im sure as bip is going to play around with it a lot trying to create good images etc :D
#22 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 5:34:24 AM(UTC)
I meant online where morons will buzz your windshield with it and ruin your race.
#23 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 5:39:59 AM(UTC)
I meant online where morons will buzz your windshield with it and ruin your race.

Sounds quite funny actually. Cars could get their own back by using a ramp to take them out in the air. Would also be great if a bunch of drones could team up and pick a car up into the air!
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

#24 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 7:02:28 AM(UTC)
I didn't think it would actually be a drone you could fly around. That's awesome.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 9:57:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Novacat Go to Quoted Post

Sounds quite funny actually. Cars could get their own back by using a ramp to take them out in the air. Would also be great if a bunch of drones could team up and pick a car up into the air!

I would think the drones only be able to go a short distance from your car like the standard camera mode.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error