5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 4:10:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: steve30x Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
Suit yourself. I have to say that the CSL Elite is a phenomenal piece for the price, especially if you already have the pedals. The ffb is much smoother and much stronger than the tx (owned 3, but we wont get into those), runs quietly and cool and no ffb fade which is so common in the tx. They have really worked on reliability this go around as they didnt want to be known for having unreliable hardware. Look around the forums a little bit and you will see thrustmaster has issues of their own, like i said I owned 3 and not by choice.

My local Gamestop got a TX for in me this morning. I am very reluctant to buy another Fanatec wheel after the bad experience. I would like to buy that CSL base but I just don't trust them anymore.

Fanatec wheels have had issues in the past with their motors (cheap mabuchi DC motors that were punching above their weight) but the move to brushless motors means that the motor are much stronger and way more durable and have very little fade.

No hardware is immune to issues, but I wouldnt write fanatec of because of past experiences, they have gone to great lengths to improve reliability with the newer wheels. Like you said you've had your pedals for 4 years, im still using my original CSP that I've had for nearly 6 years and I've only had to replace 1 load cell, They do make good pruducts.
#52 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 3:13:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Fanatec wheels have had issues in the past with their motors (cheap mabuchi DC motors that were punching above their weight) but the move to brushless motors means that the motor are much stronger and way more durable and have very little fade.

No hardware is immune to issues, but I wouldnt write fanatec of because of past experiences, they have gone to great lengths to improve reliability with the newer wheels. Like you said you've had your pedals for 4 years, im still using my original CSP that I've had for nearly 6 years and I've only had to replace 1 load cell, They do make good pruducts.
Just because they change motor doesn't mean the rest won't break. As I said its not the motor is bad on my CSR (Non Elite) wheel its the USB is loose and the right button that the paddle shift activates is mushy and sometimes needs multiple pulls to activate the button. I did give them a fourth chance when I bought the CSR. After getting burned so many times do youy really blame me for being wary. Also They didn't go that far lengths to improve quality because John at Inside Sim Racing got a CSL Base and had a mounting bolt in the wheel brake on him the very day he got a wheel in for review.

Also as I said I have CSR Elite pedals here with four years that I've used a lot and I've never had them go wrong on me. The original load cell is still in the brake pedal too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWYjxOLRxnw

Edited by user Saturday, September 3, 2016 3:17:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Intel Core I5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
MSI GTX980 (1466Mhz core)
ASUS Z170-P D3
16GB DDR3 1866mhz
#53 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 9:04:28 PM(UTC)
Only had a TX base for about 20 minutes when the wheel went notchy and the motor burned up. After reading about people getting multiple bad bases one after the other or only having the base last a few months, I definitely think the CSL Elite base is the smarter choice. The quality of the rims, pedals and shifter which can be added make it well worth the extra money. It's a better base anyway and I doubt the reliability could be as bad as Thrustmaster. Actually, the whole Thrustmaster set is so cheap and toylike for the large sum of cash, I know Fanatec can't be that bad.

Edited by user Sunday, September 4, 2016 9:05:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 10:37:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Only had a TX base for about 20 minutes when the wheel went notchy and the motor burned up. After reading about people getting multiple bad bases one after the other or only having the base last a few months, I definitely think the CSL Elite base is the smarter choice. The quality of the rims, pedals and shifter which can be added make it well worth the extra money. It's a better base anyway and I doubt the reliability could be as bad as Thrustmaster. Actually, the whole Thrustmaster set is so cheap and toylike for the large sum of cash, I know Fanatec can't be that bad.
I've asked around with some reviewers who use the wheel a whole lot and none of them have problems with their wheel. One reviewer has their wheel with over a year and its still working perfectly. I highly doubt every single TX is bad. Just like Fanatec theres a few that have trouble but I've just had far too many problems with Fanatec wheels to consider giving them another chance.

Also my Fanatec CSR (Non elite) Is more toy like and cheap feeling than the G25 I had. That G25 is still working perfectly. I got that G25 ten years ago and when I changed wheel I gave the wheel to my brother who still uses the wheel. My Thrustmaster T150 feels a lot less toy like than my Fanatec CSR too and it feels far more solid with much much better FFB. The only problem I have with the T150 is the wheel is a bit thin , other than that I prefer my T150 over my Fanatec wheel.

Edited by user Sunday, September 4, 2016 10:41:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Intel Core I5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
MSI GTX980 (1466Mhz core)
ASUS Z170-P D3
16GB DDR3 1866mhz
 5 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 4:22:44 AM(UTC)
Full wheel list is being compiled atm and it hopefully won't be too long before we can release it. Can confirm it's not just Xbox branded wheels on the list though.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#56 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 4:40:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Full wheel list is being compiled atm and it hopefully won't be too long before we can release it. Can confirm it's not just Xbox branded wheels on the list though.

Thank you for answering Helios! Since you're saying 'not just Xbox branded wheels' I take there is wheel support on Xbox One as well? The article only stated ".. a lot of PC players who want to know more about using wheels ..".
#57 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 5:07:05 AM(UTC)

At least you can tell that this list will come out before the early access (23/09)?

I bought the ultimate version and would like to enjoy the game 100% on my G27, otherwise I do not see any sense in playing the keyboard or control.

Frankly I completely lose my expectations with Forza Horizon 3, if there is no support for the G27, which no doubt is still a great wheel.

Sorry for my english.

#58 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 5:50:40 AM(UTC)

Well that's extremely good news. Maybe I'll get a used G27 instead of a TX setup and use the rest of the money to get a better graphics card.
#59 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 1:16:39 PM(UTC)
I have a g27 on my pc.
That is obviously not supported on xb1.

Can I use my non supported xb1 wheel when I play fh3 on my pc?

Edited by user Monday, September 5, 2016 2:33:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 8:46:22 PM(UTC)
I hope you guys show also some love to us sim racing enthusiasts with OSW, Bodner and Accuforce Direct Drive wheels and HE Pedals. We need some rest after the hard Iracing work :)

Edited by user Monday, September 5, 2016 8:46:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:14:34 AM(UTC)
I hope that the G29 works since it's a PS4/PC wheel
#62 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:00:08 AM(UTC)
I am rocking back and forth waiting for that wheel list before jumping the gun of purchasing the legendary copy for pc :|
#63 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:05:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Weilando Go to Quoted Post
I hope you guys show also some love to us sim racing enthusiasts with OSW, Bodner and Accuforce Direct Drive wheels and HE Pedals. We need some rest after the hard Iracing work :)

LOL, not sure how you intend on doing that as they dont even really have mappable buttons.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#64 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:15:13 AM(UTC)
Wheel support for apex
Not officially the Horizon 3 list but if they can do it for Apex, i have high hopes for horizon :) Great news no matter what
#65 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:18:43 AM(UTC)
Quote:
With today’s [Apex] update, we’re bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex. In addition, H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:34:49 AM(UTC)
Ah, rats -- does that mean that the PC version of Horizon 3 might not support TH8A shifters at launch?
#67 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:28:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tjeudriftking Go to Quoted Post
I hope that the G29 works since it's a PS4/PC wheel

Looks like there isn't much reason to own a PS4 wheel anymore.. playing Driveclub(not really my taste don't hate, but is only racer I have on ps4 currently) with Fanatec v2 last night was just lovely, full fbb, h-shifter, and even rev lights are working ;)
#68 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:29:56 AM(UTC)

LOL, not sure how you intend on doing that as they dont even really have mappable buttons.

probably the same way I'm doing it in the above method
#69 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:58:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
With today’s [Apex] update, we’re bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3.

This is amazing. I'm so excited now!

#70 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:05:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
With today’s [Apex] update, we’re bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex. In addition, H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future.

Wow, awesome. I hadnt checked in months until yesterday and boom! today wheel support!! awesome!!!!!!!
#71 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:18:02 AM(UTC)
Am I blind or is there no option to adjust ffb in game??
#72 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:42:29 AM(UTC)

Of course they have. For example mine: http://www.ascher-racing...m/shop/buttonplate-c20m/

You can get any real racing rim and get a fitting button plate. I have the Sparco P300 for example.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 4:06:22 PM(UTC)
I didnt mean your wheel i meant forza unless that came in this update.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#74 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 4:09:32 PM(UTC)
Is there support for multiple controllers, how many max?
#75 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 4:58:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kenmaster2399 Go to Quoted Post
Am I blind or is there no option to adjust ffb in game??

there is, , you select your Wheel and there is a button to activate the sub menu (which allow to modify angles/dead zone and FFB ) ;)

At the moment, i have to say that i like the gameplay with a steering Wheel in Apex and hope it's gonna be as good (hopefully TH8a will be supported at Horizon release as i really prefer H shifter).

5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error