5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:35:17 AM(UTC)
Also, if you dont think iracings ffb system is complicated i think you are mistaken. They just provided good defaults for a wheel, whereas project cars made the consumers do all of the work and provided poor base settings.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:12:28 AM(UTC)
Well, we are talking about actual Forza engine, which has kind of Simcade physics even in simulation mode. Compared to physic based FFB calculation in iR or AC, the FFB in Forza, R3E and PCars are on top Candy FFB.

I agree to the point that the Candy FFB could feel way better compared to the other Candy FFB Titles, (like PTG mentioned before, candy FFB could feel really good too under some circumstances) BUT at least for FH3 keep the FFB options as simple as possible.

For FM7 on PC and XBox i wish a new driving type "really real". ;)
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:35:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
Also, if you dont think iracings ffb system is complicated i think you are mistaken. They just provided good defaults for a wheel, whereas project cars made the consumers do all of the work and provided poor base settings.

I think iRit is high complex, but simple for the user. AC the same.
R3E and PCars are in my opinion (to) complicated for the user. (And probably less complex because of the lack of physics, but this is not bulletproof.)

#29 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:37:17 AM(UTC)
This is a forza issue not microsofts. Pcars ffb has translated fine to the consoles, dirt rally is the same on the pc as it is on consoles and im sure assettos will translate fine as well when it launches in august.

The only hoops turn 10 has to jump through are the ones created by themselves. Nevermind that im pretty sure every car in forza no doubt runs through their physics model, but are then tweaked manually to fix things if they dont match up to how the real cars feel or tweaked to raise or lower their pi to get them to where they want them to be.

Its artificial, which is why the ffb feels artificial. Im sure instead of just tying it in to the physics model, each car has to be individually tweaked to make it feel however the person who was in charge of that car thought it should feel. This is why some cars do feel fine and others dont.

The problem is ffb is not a one size fits all, there are other forces that are added to aid us in knowing what the car is doing becauae obviously we're missing a few things when driving a car in a video game compared to real life.

Another thing that i think is a problem is that the wheel ffb is based on the controller and its haptic feedback with some added canned effects. When forza 6 released they reccomended everyone to set the dor to 540, why would that be the ideal dor for a steering wheel across the board. The answer is its not but im sure it is for the controller.

The game is designed around the controller not the wheel and will most likely continue to be the way it is unless some substantial changes are made which is highly unlikely to happen. Many of us will continue to buy the games hoping for change, find out theres none, come to the forums post complaints and suggestions, never get any official response, say theyll never buy forza again, hear a new forzas coming out, come to the forums, post topics like this etc etc etc. A never ending cycle, ill see you guys in september when the inevitable poor ffb thread is started. ; )
#30 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:35:58 AM(UTC)
I think you are giving them too much credit, no way do they go through every individual car and give them a specific feel. its just how the physics model works, which also explains why pretty much every leaderboard tune feels the same and all cars with a few tweaks can be made to feel almost identicle whether its a e class elan or an r class gt car.

I think you are also correct, all its doing is basically running a controller emulator on the wheel with some canned effects for bump jostles etc.

And i will not be seeing anyone in september unless i have trusted sources saying that the ffb system was completely revamped from start and that its actually good. I havent played forza seriously since pcars was released and i found out what ffb can/should feel like. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, i wont be fooled a 3rd time. Regardless of if greenwalt says the FFB system is updated, like he claimed for forza 6.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#31 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 4:35:30 PM(UTC)
FFB discussions aside I think it's time we get some info on at least what wheels are going to be supported on the PC. The only thing I have seen is speculation that only wheels compatible with the XB1 will work with Horizon 3 on PC.
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:03:01 PM(UTC)
I think we will find out what wheels are suppprted at gamscom or soon after.

As for the FFB I don't see why it's so hard for them to understand what forces are applied at the steering wheel. The core of the FFB should be based of very basic info, lateral load, mechanical trail and pneumatic trail... THAT'S IT! then the canned (candy) effects can be layered on top to provide extra detail.

#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:05:02 AM(UTC)
Hi.

i want to know that is there any possibility that forza 6 apex and forza horizon 3 can support osw(open sim wheel) ioni or osw argon.

actually now i am making plan to buy wheel sets. so if forza 6 and forza horizon 3 can support osw wheel, i will buy osw. if not, i will buy fanatec wheel set.

the reason that i ask this is that i see a lot of issue of fanatec v2 base in youtube.

thank you.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:38:48 AM(UTC)
I have a Fanatec V2 since the release and just Love it with no problems, just saying.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:31:55 PM(UTC)
I think you are giving them too much credit, no way do they go through every individual car and give them a specific feel. its just how the physics model works, which also explains why pretty much every leaderboard tune feels the same and all cars with a few tweaks can be made to feel almost identicle whether its a e class elan or an r class gt car.

Yeah this is so true and it has been this way in Forza forever and even in the other title that started all of this. I found out pretty early that it was easy enough to tune all of the personality out of a car, which is why I stay close to stock unless I have a reason to build and tune.

I even feel it is somewhat even worse now that there are cross manufacturer engine swaps. I like the cross manufacturer thing but the pool of available engine swaps is now somewhat reduced, so things are a lot more homogenous and cars feel the same because they are all running the same engines now.

I think the reason some cars feel right and some don't is the nature of any physics engine. Within set parameters, you'll get things that seem to behave just as you would expect them, but there will be oddities here and there that are difficult to account for.

So now you combine this with a controller emulator sending instructions to a FFB wheel and you can end up with a very inconsistent experience. It could be that all native Xbox One titles have to use a controller emulator for steering wheels too.

Hopefully Win10 can make things a bit better for the wheel, but it sounds like it might not for FH3 if only Xbox One compatible wheels will be supported on PC. It potentially could be patched in future of course, but I would hedge my bets on FM7 before things get substantially better.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:31:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post

It could be that all native Xbox One titles have to use a controller emulator for steering wheels too.

That is just not the case. The XBOX one has the most sophisticated FFB comunication known to man (aparantly, a cording to Xbox/Microsoft) they re-invented the way ffb was done because aparantly the way everyone else does it is **** because it's been the same for over a decade.
#37 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 10:36:49 AM(UTC)
It really makes me worried that Forza 6 Apex still to this day dont support wheels, this is something most games support so its probably something technical about it.
Remember the Forza series has been available to Xbox users until now, so you guys have a HUUUGE opportunity to make it big on PC as the games are amazing. But the online needs to be there and wheel support needs love, both old and new.

I beg i beg i beg....dont mess this up :)
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 1:39:37 PM(UTC)
It's unlikely I'll even buy the game if it doesn't support my T300 (like every other game on the PC does)
#39 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:00:15 PM(UTC)
Being a PC only user for potential Forza games on PC, I surely hope that they support all the popular wheels for PC. I have enough invested in to my G27 with some mods (real wheel, mini plate, TH8A add on for sequential) that buying a new wheel for really one game is not a wise financial decision. That being said, Apex is a fun game and all, but lacks any ambition for me to play with only a controller. If they can support my wheel, I will be more than happy to drop $100 on the ultimate edition, if they won't, then I will likely forget the series until they do.

I have played Forza 3 on Xbox 360, and I had an utter blast, but have grown very accustomed to having my wheel since GT6 came out.

Thanks,

Nuke.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:03:13 PM(UTC)
List of wheels now supported on UWP here:
http://graphicdna.blogspot.com....upport-in-forza.html?m=1

Hopefully all on this list get supported ingame
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#41 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:36:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Ak1504 x Go to Quoted Post
Which wheels will be supported on PC ?

I have an Fanatec CSR and it was a shame that i could not use it with the One so i hope it will be supported in the PC versions of the upcoming Forza games... Every PC racing game or simulation i own supports it...

I think Forza Apex is the reference here. List of supported wheels there currently :

<empty list>

Just keep an eye out on how Forza Apex evolves.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:56:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
List of wheels now supported on UWP here:
http://graphicdna.blogspot.com....upport-in-forza.html?m=1

Hopefully all on this list get supported ingame

This is amazingly good news. Guess Forza will be updated soon
#43 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 2:53:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CapnFlappyJaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WASIM05 Go to Quoted Post
Pretty sure I saw one of the guys playing with a Logitech G920 at the stage demo. Probably supported.

He was most likely using the G920, as it looked like a Logitech wheel. That being said, the G920 was made specifically for the PC/XBone, so of course that's going to be supported.

What I want to know is if I can use my G27. I'm getting the game regardless (I'm going to upgrade to the G920 at some point) but it'd save me a [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] ton of money if I can use my G27. Turn 10 and Playground Games, if you're reading this, make the list of compatible wheels a good one.

I'd avoid the new logitech wheels frankly, been hearing horror stories of dead wheels and a total lack of support from logitech when they do go wrong...
Add to that the only difference is the button layout and the change from optical to hall sensors (magnetic sensors) it's barely an upgrade imo. That and the removal of the logitech profiler was a massive shot in the foot....

Thats why I went for the T300RS. MUCH better wheel than my old G27 and DFGT before that, Direct dual belt drive, better FFB effects, smoother, more precise, quieter, Yeah the stock pedals on the T300 aren't great but Amazon sell an adapter to use the G27 pedals on the T series bases :)

Edited by user Monday, August 8, 2016 2:54:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:54:06 PM(UTC)
I'm both XBOX ONE and PC owner, but I wanna play FH3 on my PC!

Does Logitech G29 supported on Forza Horizon 3 PC version? YES or NO?

What's the story means? Is it FFB related? or use keyboard key mapping issues?

I's just 3 weeks left, can't you tell the story NOW?

Here in Taiwan, we can't never buy G920 on the market, the only wheel for PC we can buy is G29

please tell us what's the story is, so I can make decision which wheel to purchase asap, thank you!
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 12:54:16 AM(UTC)
I just need to know which wheels will be supported. I don't care about all this other speculation or FFB talk that ive been looking at here in this thread. I am getting a new wheel very soon and I just would like microsoft to give us a list of wheels supported. I want to get either a Thrustmaster T300 or a Thrustmaster TX. It all depends on wether they make us use Xbox wheels or not.
Intel Core I5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
MSI GTX980 (1466Mhz core)
ASUS Z170-P D3
16GB DDR3 1866mhz
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:51:12 AM(UTC)
Put a little extra aside and go with the Fanatec CSL Elite, better wheel imo.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 5:04:32 AM(UTC)
It is obvious that the Turn10 or Microsoft not reveal now that the game will not support certain wheels before the release, for surely would impact sales in PC.

I'll be extremely disappointed if at launch the game does not have support for my G27. I can not see myself playing this game of that level and that both waited, on keyboard or joystick.

Anyway just for Forza Apex does not have support wheels, I do not believe that such support will be present at the launch.

Please Turn10 at least be clear with PC gamers, we really will apreciated such an attitude.
#48 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 5:24:03 AM(UTC)
Put a little extra aside and go with the Fanatec CSL Elite, better wheel imo.
Nope! No! My first Fanatec wheel was a GT3RS V2 which broke within six weeks which I got Replaced. Then a few weeks later the power adaptor for the replacement wheel broke. They replaced that with a used adaptor. Then a few months later the replacement wheel died. So I sold the second replacement wheel because I was fed up of the wheel getting broken even though I was not being rough with the wheel and I was coering the vents when it cooled down so that dust wouldn't go into it. Two years later I bought a CSR (Non Elite) which is less than two years old and the usb is lose in it and the button that the right paddle activates is gone mushy , no longer clicks and sometimes I have to pull the paddle more than once to change gear.

I replaced my fanatec wheel with a Thrustmaster T150 eight months ago and I couldn't be happier. The FFB is much better. The wheel itself feels better. I also have Fanatec CSR Elite pedals which still work perfectly after four years of use and I am using a Basherboards CPX to connect the pedals to the wheel but I am very very wary of buying another Fanatec wheel.

ASUS Z170-P D3
16GB DDR3 1866mhz
#49 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 6:41:40 AM(UTC)
Suit yourself. I have to say that the CSL Elite is a phenomenal piece for the price, especially if you already have the pedals. The ffb is much smoother and much stronger than the tx (owned 3, but we wont get into those), runs quietly and cool and no ffb fade which is so common in the tx. They have really worked on reliability this go around as they didnt want to be known for having unreliable hardware. Look around the forums a little bit and you will see thrustmaster has issues of their own, like i said I owned 3 and not by choice.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#50 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 7:24:50 AM(UTC)
Suit yourself. I have to say that the CSL Elite is a phenomenal piece for the price, especially if you already have the pedals. The ffb is much smoother and much stronger than the tx (owned 3, but we wont get into those), runs quietly and cool and no ffb fade which is so common in the tx. They have really worked on reliability this go around as they didnt want to be known for having unreliable hardware. Look around the forums a little bit and you will see thrustmaster has issues of their own, like i said I owned 3 and not by choice.
My local Gamestop got a TX for in me this morning. I am very reluctant to buy another Fanatec wheel after the bad experience. I would like to buy that CSL base but I just don't trust them anymore.

ASUS Z170-P D3
16GB DDR3 1866mhz
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error