#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:14:48 AM(UTC)
Reading about the car clubs, I was wondering if that means club members can share cars again like you could in Horizon 1? It was nice to be able to set up races where everyone has the same upgrades/tune. And will we be able to gift cars that we build and tune to our friends?

Will the Win 10 functionality mean that designers might be able to use standard PC graphics tools to design liveries? Now don't get me wrong... the in-game editor has been utilized amazingly by artists for a long time now. I've had some fun with it. I'm also an artist who would like the option of using Photoshop as I feel I've paid my dues using a controller and primitive shapes.

And will there be more than approximately 12-15 seconds to choose a car when you're setting up custom events? I can understand wanting to set a reasonable time limit, but how about more like 30-45 seconds? Sometimes there are a lot of cars to sort through.
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:46:54 AM(UTC)
"No car sharing amongst clubs" but campaign co-op allows the team members to share cars. - Ralph Fulton

Edited by user Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:43:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:55:48 PM(UTC)
I don't want photoshop in, thats cheating in my book, I've been a real car painter, been painting since F3, I've put in god knows how many hrs in paint room, I enjoy painting in the editor even though its taken me years to make my paint I make now, nothing wrong with the shapes if you know how to use them.
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:25:12 PM(UTC)
+1 for more than the 20 seconds it gives you to choose a car. I personally think it should be how Motorsport is set up. Where you can choose your car and change your difficulty (this was mainly only a problem with the first Horizon, where you couldn't change your difficulty) and see what others are bringing to the table. Having 60-90 seconds with those options would be plenty of time, with the option to ready up so you don't have to wait that long if everyone is already in their desired vehicle.
Plus, photoshop would be cool, because I hate trying to use the predetermined shapes when trying to make a livery, but I also enjoy that challenge.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 5:28:36 PM(UTC)
Hi! Will gifting cars, liveries, vinyl groups, etc. return?
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:00:49 AM(UTC)
Cars can only be shared in the 4 player co-op mode from what Ralph Fulton said. Also no photoshop etc. They want parity between games and the Xbox has no access to that stuff. Also it wouldn't be allowed under fair use rules as people would just rip copyrighted material and put it straight on cars. That's why we have the vector shape based designer, as it requires you to actually recreate designs which then comes under fair use and doesn't infringe copyright as it stands.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:20:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Cars can only be shared in the 4 player co-op mode from what Ralph Fulton said. Also no photoshop etc. They want parity between games and the Xbox has no access to that stuff. Also it wouldn't be allowed under fair use rules as people would just rip copyrighted material and put it straight on cars. That's why we have the vector shape based designer, as it requires you to actually recreate designs which then comes under fair use and doesn't infringe copyright as it stands.

Could not have put it any better myself.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:53:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PilotViper112 Go to Quoted Post
I don't want photoshop in, thats cheating in my book, I've been a real car painter, been painting since F3, I've put in god knows how many hrs in paint room, I enjoy painting in the editor even though its taken me years to make my paint I make now, nothing wrong with the shapes if you know how to use them.

I completely understand the way you see things, and I really admire Forza painters, what you guys can achieve with those tools is stunning, but I don't think adding an import option in pc is cheating, yes i now there's copyright stuff (at the end people recreate brands logos on the game), but I don't like to spend all that time in a game like FH3 that have so much things to enjoy in painting cars. I work full time a week and have a kids, so the time I have to play forza is like 2 hours a day max 3-4 days a week.

A simple logo for my gamertag that a can do in 5 minutes in illustrator, took me a lot more in Forza editor. At least give us a pen tool.

Again, you guys do amazing things, keep up the good work.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:56:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:42:24 AM(UTC)
I get where you're coming from but trust me, use the paint editor. A LOT. I used to be like you, wanted a way to import stuff from photoshop and illustrator. But then I started using the paint editor for 8 hour sessions over months. You start to see the world in Forza shapes, how things can fit together and you get quick. What took me 3 weeks in the early days i could now do in a couple of days. I'm still nowhere near the levels of talent like nightstalker or memonkey8me or greenz etc. But I can do the things I want to and i've placed in some Turn 10 comps with my paints so I must be doing something right. The level of pride and accomplishment you feel when you lay that last shape on your design and click "share" is amazing. Leaves you all warm and fuzzy.
I'll tell you what else too, the painters community on Forza has been one of the most generous, friendly and helpful communities I've ever been a part of on the 'net. Yeah it means you can't race all the time, but it's very addictive once you get going.

This design only took a few hours, like 3 or 4.

This design took me about 6 days of painting to get right, when i redid it for Forza 5 it took a few hours and I used only around a third of the layer count! That's how much you can improve with just some practice.

This next design is one that placed in a turn 10 comp, sadly the design was stolen by someone and the dragon was all over the storefront being sold as "original design" claiming to be made by them. So be careful with your paints on Horizon if there's a sharing feature.

If you look at these paints you don't have to go all fancy life-like paints to make standout designs. Even a simple design like the x-ray is really effective. Think about something you want to paint and do it. No excuses, don't switch to another design, don't go and play something else. Think of a design and don't stop until it's finished. That's how i finished my first paint for somebody else, and then we kept doing them. lol. Once you get into it's very addictive and the more you practice the better you'll become.

Going from simple hockey stripes on a Camaro to this feels really good.

Like I said, i'm not gonna be any competition for the top painters, but I can paint the things I want on a car, and some of the top painters are always happy to throw in and do a paint if it's beyond your ability and you ask them politely...

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:44:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Speeling mistoooks.

#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:14:34 AM(UTC)
I completely agree BBTD MitchyK7, that is rewarding and you get faster once you do it more, and I understand when you put that time on an stunning airbrush look paint. I tried the Forza editor and did some basic livery and decals on FH2, but i don't really have that much time to do full paints and i'm sure my talent doesn't go that far.

On the sharing stuff, i think a good idea would be if there's an option to let you decide if your design could be reused before sharing or locked. For example, if I do a logo of GO PRO, and I want to share it but I want that people can use it without locking their design. On the other side, if I do a paint and i share it, i want it to lock others designs so it can't be stolen.

Here's some simple livery's/decals i did trying to learn. Some of them can't be shared because i didn't recreate all the logos. I want to share them, but I didn't have the time to create all the logos.

http://imgur.com/a/OOaMp

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:39:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 7:30:34 AM(UTC)
Hi all, I haven't played Forza for a long time, and am just getting back into the swing of things with FH3. I remember on F2 you could gift cars to people, can that still be accomplished in FH3? My brother-in-law is getting the game tomorrow and I was gonna help him out with a car or two, like we used to do. Any idea on if I can still do this?
#12 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 7:32:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cr0w Magn0n Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, I haven't played Forza for a long time, and am just getting back into the swing of things with FH3. I remember on F2 you could gift cars to people, can that still be accomplished in FH3? My brother-in-law is getting the game tomorrow and I was gonna help him out with a car or two, like we used to do. Any idea on if I can still do this?

Only way is to set up a Auction with the Lowest Buy it Now and have him buy it, But thats Risky!

#13 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 4:04:10 PM(UTC)
Can you not gift cars to friends anymore? Im trying to give my friend warren's Rally truck but there isnt an option to do so.

Notification

Icon
Error