6 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:24:11 AM(UTC)
The extra space for saving fov setting should be really not the problem. To implement such a option should be possible. But I fear it's not high on priority list for fh3. I expect that more in the next fm. I'm happy if they add free FOV. But I will buy the game anywhere.
#27 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 10:31:53 AM(UTC)
Would love adjustable FOV, I remember in FM3 and 4 you could change the FOV via split screen option.
PC/PS4/Xbox Sim Racer: Assetto Corsa, Dirt, GRID Autosport, rFactor, NFS Shift/Shift2U, Race 07, GTR2, Project CARS, Forza, Gran Turismo, DriveClub
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:17:17 AM(UTC)
In the latest gameplay video from PC this can be found:
https://youtu.be/YNTfRw5WGtA?t=156
Even though it´s from a PC, this wheel is visible, so either this can be changed in the game or they changed it to what we saw in the E3 videos.

I really like the way Project Cars handles this problem. For me, to be honest, I think I´d love the FOV with motion cockpit setup to be available on the XO, too
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:46:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: banthon Go to Quoted Post
In the latest gameplay video from PC this can be found:
https://youtu.be/YNTfRw5WGtA?t=156
Even though it´s from a PC, this wheel is visible, so either this can be changed in the game or they changed it to what we saw in the E3 videos.

I really like the way Project Cars handles this problem. For me, to be honest, I think I´d love the FOV with motion cockpit setup to be available on the XO, too

E3 was a custom setup requested by the maker of the rig that was used. It was said by playground games that it wasnt going to be in the final copy of the game but they would think about it or something. Its possible that a fov change could effect framerates so if it ends up making it unstable on the xbox one its not gonna happen even though i cant see it making much difference. The pc version wouldnt have this problem and it really should be implemented.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:20:44 AM(UTC)
demo came out, can anyone confirm from the demo that there is this kind of view like in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKeZ61I_zs

1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:35:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T0NAZ Go to Quoted Post
demo came out, can anyone confirm from the demo that there is this kind of view like in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKeZ61I_zs

nope, its not there. honestly i didnt know it was just a viewpoint used for the show, i thought it was pc specific. ive been asking about a view like this for a while now, for us wheel users. shame if it doesnt make the game, the wheel delete close up view is what i use on all racers if available, pcars, dirt rally, its just so much better. technically i cant see why it cant be on xbox one, less on screen as theres no wheel, or hand animation, fov is the same too.

it looks damn superb in that view, thought us wheel users were finally going to get something for us for a change. shame
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:48:44 AM(UTC)
I strongly dubt that the PC version will be different from the XOne.
So, if the cockpit view is only the crappy-arcaddy-joypaddy one like APEX and other Forza... I am sorry but i pass this FH3.
Oh and yeah, congratulations Turn10 and MS, this way looked like you tricked people at E3... Well done!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:06:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:53:59 AM(UTC)
I strongly dubt that the PC version will be different from the XOne.
So, if the cockpit view is only the crappy-arcaddy-joypaddy one like APEX and other Forza... I am sorry but i pass this FH3.
Oh and yeah, congratulations Turn10 and MS , you tricked people at E3... Well done!

the pc version will have 60 fps and f.o.v settings, so it will be slightly different, thats without all the graphical options and so on. if they do not provide the ability to move the seat in cockpit view someone will most likely just mod the game. obviously we do not have that option on console so were stuck with the same, basic viewpoints that simply do not work well with the wheel.

they did not trick anyone at E3, i wasnt aware of this myself but the viewpoint was requested for the rig used at the show as far as i can see
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:03:33 AM(UTC)
It is no meaning to adjust FOV without possibility to adjusting POS as well. They go go hand in hand.
Take the default view in the ACTUAL game: if you increase the FOV what would you obtain? An even more distant and stupid view.
So then, if you can adjust POS, the view will be ok.

"and f.o.v settings".
Did you read this from Turn10 or Microsoft?

"will most likely just mod the game".
They do not allow to mod games, it is not legal for Microsoft games.

"so were stuck with the same, basic viewpoints that simply do not work well with the wheel.",
I got a PC but hey, a lot of console players have wheels...

"they did not trick anyone at E3"
So there at E3 they should have said that that was a modification only for that rig.

P.S.: They locked my thread here...
http://forums.forzamotor...icrosoft-tricked-us.aspx
And without any reason. Wow, nice!.......... -.-''' I am in good faith. And them?...
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:08:20 AM(UTC)
P.S.: They locked my thread here...
http://forums.forzamotor...icrosoft-tricked-us.aspx
And without any reason. Wow, nice!.......... -.-''' I am in good faith. And them?...

Locked because you also posted here: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm551272_Demo-available-now---dashboard-store--10am-Pacific-Sept--12.aspx#post_551272

#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:10:40 AM(UTC)
just wanted to make a more specific thread, because i think this is a serious thing.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:14:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:15:12 AM(UTC)
just wanted to make a more specific thread.

I noticed.

The E3 FH3 demo setup features were special for that event only.

#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:31:48 AM(UTC)
So maybe it was better if they specified in a better way during E3, don't you think?
First they force us to play it with XOne only compatible wheels... Then they do not even give us the opportunity to use it in a proper way.
Sweet......

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:33:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:39:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FordGTGuy Go to Quoted Post
For a while now in Forza titles we have had a set cockpit view that sits us unrealistically far back in the back

Disagree. FH series has the best cockpit cam's positions ever. In cockpit you should be able to see all the gauges and the dash properly so you can feel that you driving exactly this car, not the other one. "Grandmother's" cockpit views when you sitting too close to the steering wheel like The Crew has are terrible.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:43:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smolniygd Go to Quoted Post
For a while now in Forza titles we have had a set cockpit view that sits us unrealistically far back in the back

Disagree. FH series has the best cockpit cam's positions ever. In cockpit you should be able to see all the gauges and the dash properly so you can feel that you driving exactly this car, not the other one. "Grandmother's" cockpit views when you sitting too close to the steering wheel like The Crew has are terrible.

I bet you are a gamepadder.
It is out of this world to play with a wheel and see the driver's hands and the wheel...
And this is valid for PC and consoles as well.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:49:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:58:47 AM(UTC)
So maybe it was better if they specified in a better way during E3, don't you think?

They did. Google is your friend.

#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:20:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dragnet Go to Quoted Post

They did. Google is your friend.

Not via official channels.
Not here:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm3_e3demo

Here neither:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FH3_Announce

So where can i find an official news to deny me?
Searched around the whole web, no specific news about the E3 configuration.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:21:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:29:51 AM(UTC)

i actually agree with you on this. when driving a car in real life, you can see everything, even your legs, both side mirrors, all the windscreen in your peripheral vision, if you ask me the camera should be even further back again! this is all well with a controller, and it drives great.

however, with a wheel, well my wheel anyway, i have the screen right behind the wheel, its perfect, such an amazing experience, but, the wheel base, and everything up to the tv is like the dash of the car if you like. this is what (tonza i believe) is trying to say, the close up cam, with no wheel is perfect as it completes the cockpit view, and makes it look genuine. you dont need a far back cam, as you can see your own arms and wheel, does that make sense?

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:55:01 AM(UTC)
Thanks Battfink!
but, wasn't i enough clear? I meant that exactly.
FH cockpit view is ok playing with gamepad.
FH cockpit view is ridiculous playing with a wheel.

The cockpit view i saw at E3 was perfect for playing with a wheel. But apparently it was modded only for the E3................. Fair? Not fair? You choose.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:56:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:12:12 AM(UTC)

I bet you are a gamepadder.
It is out of this world to play with a wheel and see the driver's hands and the wheel...
And this is valid for PC and consoles as well.

Don't make your personal standards to global world standards. For those who don't want to see in-car-game steering wheel there is a hood view. But cockpt view should show a cockpit and we can taste the car in a full way.

Maybe in games like Assetto Corsa etc it is OK to hide driver arms and steering wheel, but not in game like FH where you not just race but also cruising and take relax. But even in AC I'm always play with the wheel and arms shown.

BTW, I never use gamepad, I'm a wheel user since I've started to play driving games in 2005, since TDU.
You lose your bet.

The cockpit view i saw at E3 was perfect for playing with a wheel. But apparently it was modded only for the E3................. Fair? Not fair? You choose.

Cockpit views that you saw at E3 are the same in this demo. Nothing was changed. You can check it easily. Just pick old video and compare.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:17:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:45:55 AM(UTC)
Ok i lost the bet about the gamepad. 0 - 1

Cockpit views that you saw at E3 are the same in this demo. Nothing was changed. You can check it easily. Just pick old video and compare.

???

The cockpit view at E3:
https://youtu.be/Ktdo_XNYpws?t=5m38s

The cockpit view of the demo:
https://youtu.be/oQV-sjdCLiY?t=2m22s

Same?
It is a draw 1 - 1

FH3

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:52:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 11:46:55 AM(UTC)
to be honest neither is very good from what i can tell but the one in the demo is almost better than the one from e3. The one at e3 the seating position is way high. Look at where his steering wheel is according to the windscreen. His wheel is like dead center and not in line with the actual dash. FOV needs to be adjustable as there is only 1 correct fov for your seating position and unless you sit perfectly to how it is on the screen with the exact right screen size it will not be right.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:15:34 PM(UTC)
smolniygd, no one is trying to take away your full interior view, you can have them if you like, as a mater of fact you do. All we went is some adjustment for FOV and POS. Most SIMS and driving games support these adjustments for years (PC and Console). Why are you so insistent the option not be there? The slider/setting go both ways... "Don't make your personal standards to global world standards"

smolniygd, the cockpit views we all saw at E3 are not the same as clearly illustrated. Did you even read T0NAZ posts or look at his YouTube links? I guess you are just baiting us or trolling.
 3 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:00:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: racerg46 Go to Quoted Post
smolniygd, no one is trying to take away your full interior view, you can have them if you like, as a mater of fact you do. All we went is some adjustment for FOV and POS. Most SIMS and driving games support these adjustments for years (PC and Console). Why are you so insistent the option not be there? The slider/setting go both ways... "Don't make your personal standards to global world standards"

smolniygd, the cockpit views we all saw at E3 are not the same as clearly illustrated. Did you even read T0NAZ posts or look at his YouTube links? I guess you are just baiting us or trolling.

Right. We just want the adjustability. People act like they have to give up their cockpit view so we can have our more favorable view. Their is no correct FOV. It's all dependent on TV/monitor size and the distance of the display from your eyes. That's why it's needs to be adjustable and it's the only way to make it as immersive as possible.
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:06:21 PM(UTC)
Will be interesting to see how fov is handled in 21:9 resolutions. That's yet another reason I really would have wanted a demo before release. Some games really get the fov wrong and need adjustments with ultrawide ratios.

Even if the fov is locked, seat positioning is massively beneficial for finding the best cockpit view positioning for your display and setup. I never knew how much that sort of thing would help until playing games like PCARS and Dirt Rally, but those also have fov adjustments as well. Very customizable. Forza has never offered that sort of customization unfortunately, and likely never will. It would be a nice addition to the PC version later down the line. Same with experimental VR support if they ever start to toy with that stuff.
6 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error