This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages123>>Next
Rank: Moderator
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:41:10 AM(UTC)
Q: Is FH3's cockpit camera the same as FM6 release, or like the FM6 demo? Is FOV adjustable?
A: Stay tuned.

Edited by user Friday, July 8, 2016 8:06:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 4:47:24 PM(UTC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su2dN10Gi6g

I would like to see this view added to the final game. It's a great idea for wheel users, incorporating the dial cluster (instead of cutting it off as most dash views do) would blend nicely with a wheel, it would be a shame to see it go to waste. Also the FOV gives a much greater sense of speed, and you can appreciate the scenery a bit more.

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 7:05:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 5 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 12:46:43 PM(UTC)
For a while now in Forza titles we have had a set cockpit view that sits us unrealistically far back in the back. I know this view is so we can properly use the mirrors in the cars while in interior view but it also restricts our ability to see outside of the car and even the instrument panel on the car. On top of this for wheel users and even for non-wheel users the steering wheel in the game can either be an annoyance or legitimately get in the way of see the instrument panels while driving.

Recently at E3 2016 where they announced and showed off Forza Horizon 3 for the first time the company that did the motion setups requested the exact features we are requesting and Playground Games was met with a lot of positive feedback from people that used the setup. Media outlets like Inside Sim Racing and Youtubers like BlackPanthaa asked Playground Games if the feature is part of the game and were met with a "maybe". That's why I started this petition to show Playground Games that there is a demand for these kind of features to be implemented into Forza Horizon 3.

Same Car:
Current interior FoV in Forza 6.
(Currently the only FoV available in Forza titles)

FoV and steering wheel delete at E3 2016.
(FoV used at E3 2016 on motion cockpit setups)

Note how much more useful the instrument gauges are in the above view and how much more you can see outside of the car.

Videos that mention that the new FoV is just for E3 2016 motion setups and only a maybe for the full game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-X18nzTSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktdo_XNYpws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAM1Uivl64

Petition link:
[Mod Edit - use the Features Wish List thread - MM]

Edited by user Saturday, June 18, 2016 1:03:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 12:50:50 PM(UTC)
That could be quite interesting but it would have to be added as an extra camera view because gamers who play on controller (like me) wouldnt like the wheel delete as it would feel quite unnatural
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 1:28:52 PM(UTC)
Frame rate on the Xbox one could be affected but considering they have a little time to sort things out you never know. I'm hoping thetrs a fov adjuster because I'd actually like to sit further back... that's just me but it'd make everyone happy.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:25:26 PM(UTC)
Adjusting FOV would be nice. It would also be great if the camera would move with the steering wheel (like you can set in Live for Speed) instead of constantly looking ahead. It's not as annoying when racing on track, but when you're drifting you kind of need to be looking into the drift and not just dead on. It doesn't have to be a drastic movement. Just a slight adjustment (like no more than 10 degrees) would suffice.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:41:22 PM(UTC)
Ok I have a pet peve here, every one seems to refer to the seat position (POV) as FOV. If you look at the picture from the E3 VRX setup it actually has a very high FOV (higher than FM6) but the POV is set much further foreward. So this begs the question, what is more important, adjustable FOV or POV?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 1:21:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Ok I have a pet peve here, every one seems to refer to the seat position (POV) as FOV. If you look at the picture from the E3 VRX setup it actually has a very high FOV (higher than FM6) but the POV is set much further foreward. So this begs the question, what is more important, adjustable FOV or POV?


Both are important but id say fov would have more of an effect expecially since it correlates with screen size. I'd take what they have shown at e3 even if its not adjustable. I cant see frame rates suffering considering the fact that the steering wheel and hand animations would be gone, nevermind they arent that good to begin with only turning the wheel 90 degrees and the shift lever never actually moving, it should save some processing power.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 2:05:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Ok I have a pet peve here, every one seems to refer to the seat position (POV) as FOV. If you look at the picture from the E3 VRX setup it actually has a very high FOV (higher than FM6) but the POV is set much further foreward. So this begs the question, what is more important, adjustable FOV or POV?


With stuff like Project CARS and Dirt Rally, you can adjust both the seat position as well as field of view. Both are important because every car is different and needs some adjustment one way or another. Having a default setup that's consistent across the board is fine, but it doesn't always work out well for everyone's own screen and peripheral setup. Usually fov is something you have to adjust once to your preference and be done with it. But seat position is really dependent on each vehicle and cockpit / interior.

So if I had to choose one or the other for Forza Horizon, it would definitely be customizable seat or camera position (POV as you say) in the cockpit view, up / down / forward / back, and maybe even left and right to get the best possible view in every single car. The problem then becomes saving that custom view for each car, or if it resets every time. There's a lot of cars in the game and it's probably not a lot of data to track the custom position, but it's extra work they'd have to do to implement for sure.

Perhaps that near-dash view we've seen linked above would be a good enough compromise? As well as letting the user toggle stuff like the car's steering wheel+driver arms on or off themselves. I don't know. Customization is king but you don't want to overwhelm casual players, either. Seat adjustments would require more buttons to tweak in real time, while fov is generally just fine as a simple menu option. Seat position controls work great on PC driving games because there's so many extra keys on a keyboard for binding optional things like that. It could work in an optional menu with adjustable sliders as long as you could still see the cockpit camera being moved in real time in the background and the game wasn't completely paused and hidden from view.

Edited by user Monday, June 20, 2016 2:34:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:39:03 AM(UTC)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:31:07 AM(UTC)
I love how the fov and pov is still wrong in their e3 display. When setting up fov, you should be setting up as close to a 1:1 as possible. The way this is set up it appears that the wheel is almost centered with the screen, not in line with the bottom of the screen as it should be. Fov needs to be adjustable, and pov does not as long as the pov is accurate to what it would be in the car. Not everyone plays on the exact same setup. People have different size monitors and sit different distances from their monitors. There is only one correct fov. As blue is saying pov can be whatever you want as that is preference. In both those demo videos it appears as if the drivers head is banging off of the ceiling (which to me is incorrect pov.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:12:31 AM(UTC)
Ideally in a perfect world we would have both. IMO I prefered the cockpit veiw in forza 3, it worked very well for me. One thing I hate about the cockpit veiw on 5/6 is the camera pitch, rather than the camera pointing to the horizon (or 0 degrees) it's angles down quite aggressively. One thing I liked about GT5 was you had a couple different POV options in the cockpit veiw, close and far IIRC. If we can't adjust the FOV or POV in FH2 I would settle for the dash cam angle
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 8:49:55 AM(UTC)
This would amazing if they would implement the "No Wheel" FOV+ view.
Rank: Racing Permit
#14 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 4:45:55 PM(UTC)
Any chance someone could tell me if it'll be allowed to be adjusted on zoom?

Or will it be fixed position like FH2 or FM6? I personally prefer FM6 probably as you can see more detail, and can see the mirrors, but it would be nice to edit the view.

Any chance of a Sat Nav being mounted on the dashboard too - that shows the mini map, or a dash cam on the windscreen just for effect lol.

Thanks as always guys, please don't move this to wish list. These are wishes but also questions that'll never be answered if you move it. So best to let me have a couple replies and then lock it or just let it die haha
Rank: Driver's Permit
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:55:42 AM(UTC)
Field of view is standard in racing games on PC. So is "look to apex". It would be nice to be able to turn off the wheel in the cars. I and we need atleast a FOV of 120 for the cockpit view. Do it! You will make a huge audience very happy.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:28:17 PM(UTC)
I really hope that the ability to adjust the FOV/POV in cockpit view (and turn the wheel on/off) to your own preference in FH3 is actually A Thing. I'm all in favor of anything that allows players to "tweak" their gaming experience and make it more personalized. Not only that, if it works out well in FH3 and has a lot of positive response, chances are very good that it'll end up in FM7 (and subsequent Forza games) as well.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:45:08 PM(UTC)
adjustable FOV would be a really cool feature to play with
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:28:50 PM(UTC)
If they do implement adjustable POV & FOV I hope it come out for console too.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 2:40:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
If they do implement adjustable POV & FOV I hope it come out for console too.


I don't see why it wouldn't. After all, that's the whole point of XBox Play Anywhere -- you're playing the same game, regardless of whether you're on a PC or a console.



Rank: C-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 11:05:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FordGTGuy Go to Quoted Post


Same Car:
Current interior FoV in Forza 6.
(Currently the only FoV available in Forza titles)

FoV and steering wheel delete at E3 2016.
(FoV used at E3 2016 on motion cockpit setups)

Note how much more useful the instrument gauges are in the above view and how much more you can see outside of the car.



You are comparing FM6 to FH3. A better comparison would be FH2 which offers a closer POV.

Edited by user Sunday, July 17, 2016 11:10:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 6:18:35 AM(UTC)
Also, it was a special request fov that the motion company requested and is not something available in the real game (at least not at the time, however they were contemplating it)

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:49:08 AM(UTC)
About time they would add adjustable FOV (AKA seat positioning) in a future title, I mean the other race game devs already have it in their games right now...
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
Rank: Driver's Permit
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:51:51 PM(UTC)
This extra view really needs to be in the game.
I havent seen this since SEGA's Ferrari 355 which IMO had the best in car view.

I'm guessing it could be a lot of work to implement in 300+ cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hYkDxptYKU

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d...g8fdk/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/x...-LBQQ/maxresdefault.jpg



Sorry I do not know how to post images here





Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:48:38 PM(UTC)
Dirt rally has this view as an option along with adjustable seat and steering wheel removal. There really is no reason at this point to not have either these options or at least this type of view available in a modern racing game.

I know they spend alot of time and money recreating the interiors of the cars in the game, but the ratio of inside the car to seeing outside which is the important part is way off. Im sure it has to do with seeing the two mirrors, but thats what an option for rear view mirror is for like the one added in the bumper cam view.

The other problem with these kind of options is that the only people that really want these are wheel users and the even smaller percentage of controller users who use the cockpit view. Although id love to see it happen I doubt we'll be seeing these changes made to the game.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:50:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:01:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Dirt rally has this view as an option along with adjustable seat and steering wheel removal. There really is no reason at this point to not have either these options or at least this type of view available in a modern racing game.

I know they spend alot of time and money recreating the interiors of the cars in the game, but the ratio of inside the car to seeing outside which is the important part is way off. Im sure it has to do with seeing the two mirrors, but thats what an option for rear view mirror is for like the one added in the bumper cam view.

The other problem with these kind of options is that the only people that really want these are wheel users and the even smaller percentage of controller users who use the cockpit view. Although id love to see it happen I doubt we'll be seeing these changes made to the game.


Agreed, it all depends how much Turn 10 / Playground is interested in making a quality title they can be proud of instead of just selling copies for $$$.

I've been a software programmer for 17 years, sometimes you write code that is vital for a good functionality, sometimes you write code that is very profitable, sometimes you write code just for this 0.0001% chance something might happen, but it needs to be written as well to make everything complete and a quality product.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error