4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:32:25 PM(UTC)
What I really liked in FH2 (compared to FM6) is that you can play the entire singleplayer game without ever upgrading a car. Just pop into a car and the drivatars adjust to YOU. FM6 is annoying in this aspect that you need to adjust to the drivatars (PI level). is there any info on that yet?

BTW can we have a feature wishlist sticky thread for stuff like this?
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:40:05 PM(UTC)
Look on page of 2 this discussion and look for that blueprint thread, looks like you'll be able to set up career events however you like.

Edit: http://forums.forzamotorsport.n...ustomize-each-event.aspx

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:10:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:00:55 AM(UTC)
That would be cool. I loved the fact that you can drive the final in FH2 even in a slow car
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:30:04 PM(UTC)
I assume the PI system will be a necessary evil in FH3 again since it's a Forza game after all. So I wonder if this will be like FH2 or FM6 :

- In FH2 you could just jump into any car, completely stock with no upgrades or tuning. The AI opponents adapted to you.
- In FM6 AI opponents had a specific PI value and you were forced to upgrade your car towards them.

Any info yet what we will get in FH3?

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:22:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ssrdemo Go to Quoted Post
Look on page of 2 this discussion and look for that blueprint thread, looks like you'll be able to set up career events however you like.

Edit: http://forums.forzamotorsport.n...ustomize-each-event.aspx

Well what is summed up there (choosing the event type, car class, circuit route etc) still doesn't mention anything about PI. If anything, I would even be more scared that PI is in fact forced upon us. If I'm supposed to blueprint an event I would assume PI is a necessary requirement for it...

That blueprint thing is nice for those that want to do something with it, I just prefer the easy lazy mode driving of FH2 where the only thing you need to worry about is which car you jump in at the start of an event, and that car can be any PI and the AI drivers adjust to that. I hope this will still be possible in FH3.
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:29:37 PM(UTC)
I wrote about this in a critique of FM6. FM6 was about matching a car to a race series in campaign and Free Play is just a mess now.

Horizon 2 really allowed you to drive the car you wanted with whatever level of upgrade you wanted. You didn't need to build or tune to some arbitrary level because someone decided that was how you were going to play (Turn 10 will spin that as being a "curated" experience).
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:56:50 PM(UTC)
I agree. If there's a PI between 601-700 and I decide to take a car with the PI 605 to the race, all the other cars should be around the same PI as well, not like FM6 where you pick your car with a PI of 605 but all the other cars are 697, 700 etc. I personally love to drive cars stock.
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 3:42:43 PM(UTC)
I kinda hate this idea.

It's supposed to be competitive racing, and unless it's a spec race with all of the same kind of car, it makes no sense to have the opponent cars match the PI of any one car in the competition rather than have set upper limits. Makes it harder to suspend disbelief.

I understand some people like driving cars that are stock, and you get to do that regardless. But if you show up to what's billed as a gunfight with a spoon, you shouldn't expect to win. If you showed up at any real competition with class limits and said, "my car is below the limits, but because I want to still be able to win, nobody else can be in a car that outclasses mine" ... you'd get looked at like you were crazy.

This idea is anti-competition. It's an open world game so you can drive around with stock cars to your hearts content, but don't mess with the competitive parts, especially when the Forza franchise has had so many games where competition was negatively affected by opponent cars not being upgraded unless an online game was setup. Then you had situations where you couldn't race all 700 PI cars even if you wanted to. And here you're asking for that situation so that you can drive an inferior car and still win? Uh ... the idea of competition isn't to do whatever you want to do and still be able to win, even if that choice makes the idea of winning ridiculous. It's do what you have to do to win, if winning is your goal. If you're in a 601 PI car and you're racing in a 700 PI class, you shouldn't win. Ever.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 5:21:33 PM(UTC)
I like how it is right now, with the classes. If i want to smoke tires or feel the turbo sound, i took the 1400hp supra for a ride, turn off tcs and have fun, but if I want to win races, go online, i have at least 3 cars tuned for each class.

Notification

Icon
Error