35 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
#101 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 4:51:40 AM(UTC)
Can't recall if I read this or not. But will we be able to try the demo on pc as well? Or is it xone only?
#102 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 5:01:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post
Can't recall if I read this or not. But will we be able to try the demo on pc as well? Or is it xone only?

Im not sure but im assuming you will be able too with PC. Would be a great way to tap into that market.
#103 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 5:17:56 AM(UTC)
Now that the Demo drops September 12th, I wonder what time? I hope I can start downloading it at midnight that way I can wake up early Monday Morning and play it before work.
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 5:56:10 AM(UTC)

If there is going to be an xbox one demo, then there definetely must be a demo for PC as well.
I'm sure there will be, but if im wrong, then whoever from MS, Turn10 and PG games reads it, must know that as a PC player, i'm not preordering something unless i can try it on my PC first or look up performance tests online. xD
#105 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:01:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
DEMO is coming and you will be able to play the DEMO September 12!

Was accidentally leaked on a presentation!

Got a source/link handy?
#106 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:11:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

Got a source/link handy?

Try reading the last page, there is a source love no I. There where it's mentioned ....

I think it's in the previous page.

And that 12th is most likely a country that's behind Pacific Standard Time where the releases are sheduled. Means that it'll be actually the Tuesday 13th Pacific Standard Time, which is the same day that backward comparability is announced for the first Horizon title.

Tuesday's are usually the developers realease window that they shoot for. It allows some countries to have it fall slightly before, or after, all simply due to the international date line issues.

Here in Australia, we get the demo or game on the 14th (demo) and Early Access on the 24th (our time) and the 28th for the actual standard release date (our time).

There are all released at the same time, it's dimply that the Date Kine places countries dates either prior or after the AuS time.

OZ

Edited by user Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:21:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#107 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:39:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post

Got a source/link handy?

Try reading the last page, there is a source love no I. There where it's mentioned ....

And that 12th is most likely a country that's behind Pacific Standard Time where the releases are sheduled. Means that it'll be actually the Tuesday 13th Pacific Standard Time, which is the same day that backward comparability is announced for the first Horizon title.

Tuesday's are usually the developers realease window that they shoot for. It allows some countries to have it fall slightly before, or after, all simply due to the international date line issues.

Here in Australia, we get the demo or game on the 14th (demo) and Early Access on the 24th (our time) and the 28th for the actual standard release date (our time).

There are all released at the same time, it's dimply that the Date Kine places countries dates either prior or after the AuS time.

OZ

How is it for countries ahead? Like in Norway we tend to be around 6 hours before America. So we do often have to wait for games to come out. Even tho it says 27th Sep for example. Do you know how microsoft is there? Will the game come out on our date? Or the date and time that's set in America?
#108 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 3:59:00 PM(UTC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQV-sjdCLiY
This guy has a vid about it also. Personally can't wait! 3 is here in little over 2 weeks now! Hope they give a bonus for playing the demo like they did for 6

#109 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:28:48 AM(UTC)

Got a source/link handy?

OZ

How is it for countries ahead? Like in Norway we tend to be around 6 hours before America. So we do often have to wait for games to come out. Even tho it says 27th Sep for example. Do you know how microsoft is there? Will the game come out on our date? Or the date and time that's set in America?

It used to be set by the International Date Line, moving west across the globe..

First starting in NZ first, then the East Coast of Australia, Asia etc etc, finishing off on the West a Coast of Nth America where the developers were with some games, and on in the East Coast of Nth America if the dev/publisher was there, then continue to move across the country finishing off in Hawaii. The last main Island before the international date line.

So we'd get it often up,tom19+ hours BEFORE West CoastbAmericans.

It was like that for years. But after approx 2010 (give or take), it reverted to amass head office based in Redmond.'

So now ALL countries get it at the same time, but that time is PacificcStandard Time.

So as an example, Australia is around 15-17hrs ahead, so our release time is the following day (Australia's time) at around 3 am in the morning. So their Tuesdaynis in effect our Wednesday...

Does all that make some sort of sense?

We ALL get it when MS release it, remembering THEY are the publishers, not Turn 10.

SO, 9F THEIR am is your Pm, then that's when you get it, at the exact time they release it.

Hope that Helps?

OZ

Edited by user Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:53:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#110 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:42:55 AM(UTC)

Got a source/link handy?

OZ

we in Norway are 8 hours Ahead of the local timezone T10 uses..

that means when you Wake up 23, the game is allready ready to be played ;-)

Lykke til med hoderegninga..

#111 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:51:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GamerBlades Go to Quoted Post

Got a source/link handy?

OZ

Kjæm jo litt an på kor i Amerika man e da :P E forskjellige tidssona rundt om kring dær. Svært land veit du :p Aldri tænkt over ka slags tidszone ms e i tho. Men yeah. Det burde være klart til jeg står opp. Vis ikke så blir jeg skuffa :p

But just to share some of the reply so the rest as well could understand. The weird part is. We in Norway tend to be around 6-8 hours ahead depending on where in the states where talking about. But sometimes we get the game around 18 hours later for example. So instead of having it around 6-8 in the morning. We get it around 6 pm instead or later. So I never really understood how different publisher decides when its' the right time to give away the game :p Just hoping this one would be ready in the morning
#112 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:12:05 AM(UTC)

Got a source/link handy?

OZ

Kjæm jo litt an på kor i Amerika man e da :P E forskjellige tidssona rundt om kring dær. Svært land veit du :p Aldri tænkt over ka slags tidszone ms e i tho. Men yeah. Det burde være klart til jeg står opp. Vis ikke så blir jeg skuffa :p

But just to share some of the reply so the rest as well could understand. The weird part is. We in Norway tend to be around 6-8 hours ahead depending on where in the states where talking about. But sometimes we get the game around 18 hours later for example. So instead of having it around 6-8 in the morning. We get it around 6 pm instead or later. So I never really understood how different publisher decides when its' the right time to give away the game :p Just hoping this one would be ready in the morning

It used to be a universal thing based on the ever moving ITZ (International Time Zone). But due to ppl, (gamers taking advantage of that, hacking various games, publishing the things developers/publishers DIDN"T want published early, as we all know how fast the blogosphere works.

Someone sneezes in NZ, and everyone knows about it before the sneeze ends u-min someone's hankie lol.

So, GAMERS have again shot themselves in their collective feet. Like they enevidably do in just about every game known to man. We've collectively pushed developers to make games faster, make games bigger, -it more technology in the games, supply them (the gamer) with every conceivable asset they can humanly think of..... All within 12 months or 24 at the latest.

So, do we blame the developer?

Do we blame the publisher?

Do we DARE blame ourselves (heavens no, not every will a gamer take responsibility for anything they have caused).

And before you go shouting that I'm picking on YOU, or that this is aimed at YOU, whomever YOU are. I'm including ME in that, as I'm a gamer as well. So collectively we are all to blame.

But name me one gamer who'll take responsibility for any changes that the industry has had to make. Nit one.

So, to answer your question about why the time is so varied.

In actuality, we ALL get the game at the EXACT SAME TIME. Unlike previously, where ppl in NZ had the advantage, then us here in Australia and the Asia Pacific Region etc.

So in effect, NO ONE MISSES OUT, or gets it before anyone else, or after anyone else. The game is available at the exact same time GLOBALLY.

OZ

#113 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:30:42 AM(UTC)

Got a source/link handy?

OZ

It used to be a universal thing based on the ever moving ITZ (International Time Zone). But due to ppl, (gamers taking advantage of that, hacking various games, publishing the things developers/publishers DIDN"T want published early, as we all know how fast the blogosphere works.

Someone sneezes in NZ, and everyone knows about it before the sneeze ends u-min someone's hankie lol.

So, GAMERS have again shot themselves in their collective feet. Like they enevidably do in just about every game known to man. We've collectively pushed developers to make games faster, make games bigger, -it more technology in the games, supply them (the gamer) with every conceivable asset they can humanly think of..... All within 12 months or 24 at the latest.

So, do we blame the developer?

Do we blame the publisher?

Do we DARE blame ourselves (heavens no, not every will a gamer take responsibility for anything they have caused).

And before you go shouting that I'm picking on YOU, or that this is aimed at YOU, whomever YOU are. I'm including ME in that, as I'm a gamer as well. So collectively we are all to blame.

But name me one gamer who'll take responsibility for any changes that the industry has had to make. Nit one.

So, to answer your question about why the time is so varied.

In actuality, we ALL get the game at the EXACT SAME TIME. Unlike previously, where ppl in NZ had the advantage, then us here in Australia and the Asia Pacific Region etc.

So in effect, NO ONE MISSES OUT, or gets it before anyone else, or after anyone else. The game is available at the exact same time GLOBALLY.

OZ

Yeah I get that. It's more than once we shot ourself in the food and then blamed the ones making the gun. But that's just how the world is

I get that we get the game at the same time. It's more just about how unstable it is. Sometimes the time would have to be around 10-11pm in the states where the game time is set. And it's just weird when it doesn't come lets say 00.01 am the day it's released. And instead on a weird time like 2 pm or something like that.

That gives lets say Norway a really weird time to get the game. Considering that it should have been out early in the mourning really. So instead of the gaming coming out at 00.01pm pacific time. It comes out at strange times etc. And this really affects all of the world's release really. Giving some really odd times to the rest of the world.

Wrote to you on pm btw OZ
 1 user liked this post.
#114 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:31:30 AM(UTC)
Like with everything, release time will be what ever is convienant for Californians. Rest of the East coast and world gets skrewed. Lol

Edited by user Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:33:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#115 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 7:36:12 AM(UTC)
Demo release date is believed to be 12th September.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCJiZHe8t2o
#116 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:37:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheOutdriver97 Go to Quoted Post

It really amazes me how all these youtubers take information from these forums, then someone comes up in here posting links to these videos.
Maybe someday we'll see a video confirming that there are people sharing yt links on these forums just so this circle gets complete. :D

Edited by user Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:38:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#117 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 8:15:57 PM(UTC)
So does anyone know if/when a demo is coming out...?
(I'm kidding - I've read every post. But I'm sure I won't be the last one to ask...)

On a serious note, September is looking to be a great month - expect Forza related titles and DLCs to be on sale at some point throughout Sept. We've already confirmed FH1 is free next month for Gold members. FM6 was free this weekend (which solved an installation from disc issue for me), and I suspect the other titles being discounted over the coming weeks.

Given I only took up FH2 six weeks ago in prep for FH3, I'm hoping for Storm Island and the Porsche expansion to go on sale, as well as the Nascar DLC for FM6 - I picked up FM6 Porsche expansion a month or so ago when it was on sale.
#118 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:36:46 PM(UTC)

The demo usually drops ABOUT 2 weeks before release, so this would be in the ball park.
#119 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 12:40:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: funky dunk 1977 Go to Quoted Post

The demo usually drops ABOUT 2 weeks before release, so this would be in the ball park.

It'll be the 13th set on Pacific Standard Time released by MS (they ARE the publishers), not Turn 10!!.

It's not released on the Pac9fic Standard Time +6 hours, which has been mentioned by Tirn 10 and MS in the past.

Many seem to gorge tamas is the publisher, not Turn 10. It's the publishers job to compile the game for release, do all promotional videos, produce the Demo, which is why it's not a full representation of the finished game. There's usually a caveats hidden in various press releases and user agreements that ppl hit the Agree Button without reading.

Sadly, many countries times are either just the day prior or the day after. But that does NOT mean any country or gamer gets it later or earlier then the ppl on the Pacific Standard Time Zone. It's not that hard to grasp. MS release the game at 00:01 am or 06:00am PST ACROSS THE GLOBE.'

So we in Australia and NZ get it at the exact same time as my friend in England, and a friend in Louisiana. It just means that that time, might well be at a different time in our part of the world. No real Biggie in my books. Just means I either have to get up early, or be human, and get it when I wake up.

And yes, I agree with you mate with regards to ppl regurgitating info that's not validated but garnered from this forum. Wieired isn't it hehehe..lol

OZ

#120 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 6:58:00 AM(UTC)
Start downloading Forza Preorders tomorrow. Demo could out as early as the 9th?
#121 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 2:40:20 PM(UTC)
Start downloading Forza Preorders tomorrow. Demo could out as early as the 9th?

Some sources please, that helps with validity mate.....

Seeing that the game still hasn't been totally finished yet.... Or so I believe.

But tomorrow is still in August...

Remembering, that the demo is NOT THE GAME or even a shortened down version. It's built by the publishing team from earlier assets and is just a showcase of what to expect. And NOT BUILT BY Turn 10. They supply all the assets. Turn 10 are working on de;I earring the game, not a demo.

Just something to keep in mind. Plus another thing to remember when it does arrive. The Demo will have assets that Turn 10 supplied months ago so the demo could be made. It's not just dragged from the actual game and handed out. So that's why there's often slight differences in some areas,,when compared to the actual game when that is released.

It's why it's a seperate set of files on your HDD on the Xbox1, and is not added as a pre-game set of files. When the Early Access arrives, it will download a complete set of different files.

OZ

Edited by user Monday, August 29, 2016 2:42:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#122 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 5:01:16 PM(UTC)
Remembering, that the demo is NOT THE GAME or even a shortened down version. It's built by the publishing team from earlier assets and is just a showcase of what to expect. And NOT BUILT BY Turn 10. They supply all the assets. Turn 10 are working on de;I earring the game, not a demo.

I would hope the demo isn't built by Turn 10 since Forza Horizon 3 is developed by Playground Games. :P
#123 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 9:34:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lasher67 Go to Quoted Post
September is looking to be a great month - expect Forza related titles and DLCs to be on sale at some point throughout Sept. We've already confirmed FH1 is free next month for Gold members. FM6 was free this weekend (which solved an installation from disc issue for me), and I suspect the other titles being discounted over the coming weeks.

Given I only took up FH2 six weeks ago in prep for FH3, I'm hoping for Storm Island and the Porsche expansion to go on sale, as well as the Nascar DLC for FM6 - I picked up FM6 Porsche expansion a month or so ago when it was on sale.

My dream came true:

Forza DLCs up to 75% off

#124 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 10:30:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConverseFox Go to Quoted Post

I would hope the demo isn't built by Turn 10 since Forza Horizon 3 is developed by Playground Games. :P

If you check ALL media promotional materials, you'll find that this game is a joint effort between both Turn 10 and Playground Games this iteration.

Turn 10 are also devoting their efforts into the next iteration of the Motorsports title, which could well see a name change of the title to stop confusion between the two titles. Seeing the huge push for online eSports, the push for contests to use 'Official Forza logos" in both their ongoing comps, a name change that would include "Forza Racing" - "Forza Racing Championships" could be in the running?

Read almost any material, or the various forum threads created by Turn 10 on the title, ((Horizon), and you'll notice the words "we" ' "our" etc etc... Not terms used from a developer unless they have an investment in the title at hand.

Additionally. They are now sharing all of the Motorsports assets with the other teams, and also helping supply the laser assets they gathered while they (Turn 10) spent some months here doing the rounds of our motorsports circuits Lansing the areas, as well as the various circuits. Getting in all of Victoria's and South Australia's great roads, beaches. The entire Gold Coast areas, and no doubt the Surfer a paradise road cicuit, the Phillip (sland cicuit, and Ipswitch and Townsville.

All areas TURN 10 went to, NOT playground Games. So,,would a developer do all that if they were invested in the title...? Doubt it.

It's why the enormous number of cars that were in FM6 are now in Horizon 3. Without any changes. So, full Motorsports assets are being used in Horizon 3.

The Publishing house of any title usually subcontracts their own internal house development team, or a 3rd party developer to create the demo of most games.

Reason being. It's the publishers/promotors job is to SELL THE GAME, not the developers. That's what a publishers job is, as well as help in the building of the social media aspects of several games. They even enrol ardent fans to be community managers ( usually unpaid) that go to events and help promot the game through various media outlets.

Turn 10 and Playground Games job is simple. Develop the game, build the assets and put it all together. It not their job to sell it. Although most would think it is. It's of course in their best interest to produce a great game that sells well, but a developers job is to deal with the nuts-n-bolts of a game.

Remember that great logo that flashes across the start up screen.... MS Games Studio !, they're the -I listers/promotors.

OZ

Edited by user Wednesday, August 31, 2016 10:44:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#125 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 10:25:49 AM(UTC)
It does annoy me how some people say that the horizon series is better because turn 10 isn't involved because as you say, turn 10 do help to make the game and it even says turn 10 studios on start up, so I am not entirely sure where the confusion comes from. As well as that, if turn 10 were not involved, the game wouldn't even branded as a Forza title and it would probably not be exclusive to Xbox/PC.
I like fiestas
35 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error