35 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 11:12:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TomS675 Go to Quoted Post
What are the benefits of an elite controller then?
I got the Forza 6 special edition console so I have a Forza 6 controller with grips on the handles.

I wouldn't do without it now.

I have the Forza controller, and the COD controller, plus the new Slim controller. But the elite leaves them in its dust.

Why... well, the weight is really substantial in your hands. The internals are more metal than plastic which can wear out under strong and heavy use. We've all experienced controller mechanics breaking due to such things.

With the Elite, they need to be metal, as both the thumbsticks and D-Pad etc are all metal as they were magnetically held in place do that you can swap them around to suit your hands quirkiness.

Hint,,stay with the middle sized thumbsticks, you get better control over the steering and visuals with them. The taller thumbsticks are far too touchy, while the smaller ones are just too small if you've got bigger hands.

The apaches can be mapped to whatever function you want, as can the entire trigger, button and D-Pad functions. Putting the functions you want in the right places.

So you have weight, longevity for parts built into it, and functionality and customisation at every function of the controller.

The rumble motors are bigger, and stronger. So nuances are more pronounced than the standard controllers. You feel every little bump or when you just rub the edge of the ripple strips and corner extensions. Do you know EXACTLY where you are on the track. Especially in cockpit mode, which I use exclusively.

You feel the car starting to slid, or the tyres starting to give, unlike a standard controller, which the Forza 6 controller is really, where you just slid or loose traction. With the Elite, YOU know when it's going to let go on those tight corners, and high powered cars where traction is a dirty word.

The magnets are so strong that I've yet to have anything come unstuck on the controller.

The grips are more rubberised than even the Forza 6 controllers. So your hands font sweat like they can on standard controllers.

Now, yo the better ride of he whole thing.

They are very customisable insofar as how you want each trigger to respond, how much throw you want on the thumbsticks, you can customise several settings to,suit either different racing styles, say NASCAR tracks are approached differently to circuit racingtracks..

You can have several set ups stored, but you can have two at your fingertips on the controller. By just sliding a Small switch, you can jump straight into the different set up.

The acceleration adjustments can be set by using the presets available on a straight angled "curve" by simply adjusting the points up or down. Or, you can choose the proper progressive true curve which can be adjusted very finely to suit 4ach side of the controller.

It comes in a beautiful hard asked case,,with the various accessory paddles, D-Pads and thumbsticks in them. So you can pack up your controller and take it along with your various bits n pi4ces with you when you go to your mates.

Performance wise, they are more preside than standard controllers, they have the weight to help you feel more in control, give you better track and car feedback, plus they look the treat.

I'd never ever go back to a standard controller. It's money well invested. Hope the small review meets with your approval mate ?

OZ

Congrats! You just got a sale! You got a big future here at xbox one elite controller sales department! :p Just bought one myself. For me the normal xone controller doesn't feel that great in my hand. Uses the ps4 instead on my computer when ever I can. So im hoping the elite will be better in my hand. And feel better. Like the right trigger button has this sharp edge that keeps scratching into my finger on my xone controller..
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:03:38 AM(UTC)
Bankes, here's a tip, as much as you'll try to enjoy the paddles, don't.

Yes, they are wonderful odeas, and they are a great innovation for controllers that are factory built. Not 9ncluding purpose built custom jobs.

The paddles are in such a position, that they fall within the resting points of your last two fingers on each hand. With each paddle only mm's from each other on each side.

You can map say the clutch to the left, but you'll have to spend s4veral hours mind mapping your brains circuitry to forget previous brake using the index, which,applying pressure to the "grip extensions of the controller. So your left two end finge5s will be trying to depress the clutch while your index is applying the brake, while the right thumb slides between AXpr A B for gear changes.

It's not impossible, but if you have anything other than small to medium hands, then it's going to be a little bit of a struggle, at first.

So much so, that many forgo using them in racing games for circuit racing. They could be invaluable in Drifting circles...?

But it's NOT. A bad thing, as you really just forget about the paddles in Forza, and just concentrate on those neat magnetic thumbsticks and fully adjustable triggers.

Oh, btw, don't use the switches under the triggers to shorted their throw.

You WANT as much throw in thrm as possible. So that you have much more precise control over acceleration and brake pressures. Being able yo JUST ride the brakes into the approach of a corner is much better than guessing how fare you have to depress the standard triggers.

Once you've used an Elite for a few weeks, switch back to the standard controller.

You'll just GET the whole thing, and understand why it 3as built the way it was.

It's also designed to work beautifully with all MS PC games, as well as Xbox games.

And I wonder why that is?

Hmmmm.

More on that later.

OZ
#78 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:16:44 AM(UTC)

Yes, they are wonderful odeas, and they are a great innovation for controllers that are factory built. Not 9ncluding purpose built custom jobs.

The paddles are in such a position, that they fall within the resting points of your last two fingers on each hand. With each paddle only mm's from each other on each side.

You can map say the clutch to the left, but you'll have to spend s4veral hours mind mapping your brains circuitry to forget previous brake using the index, which,applying pressure to the "grip extensions of the controller. So your left two end finge5s will be trying to depress the clutch while your index is applying the brake, while the right thumb slides between AXpr A B for gear changes.

It's not impossible, but if you have anything other than small to medium hands, then it's going to be a little bit of a struggle, at first.

So much so, that many forgo using them in racing games for circuit racing. They could be invaluable in Drifting circles...?

But it's NOT. A bad thing, as you really just forget about the paddles in Forza, and just concentrate on those neat magnetic thumbsticks and fully adjustable triggers.

You WANT as much throw in thrm as possible. So that you have much more precise control over acceleration and brake pressures. Being able yo JUST ride the brakes into the approach of a corner is much better than guessing how fare you have to depress the standard triggers.

Once you've used an Elite for a few weeks, switch back to the standard controller.

You'll just GET the whole thing, and understand why it 3as built the way it was.

It's also designed to work beautifully with all MS PC games, as well as Xbox games.

Hmmmm.

More on that later.

OZ

I don't use clutch really. It never hit with me. I know I can gain some speed by using it and just keeping the accelerator hard in. But it just sounds to wrong for me. And not worth it really. When it comes to gearchange I use lb-rb instead of x-b. So I think it would be easy to transact to using the pedals under for gearing. Since im not the x-b type of guy.

But time will tell how I map it. It got sent today. So im guessing I will get some practice with FH2 first. Just to see how I would map it. What sort of length on the analog sticks I will use etc.

What I dislike most about the normal xone controller is the way lb-rb feels. They tend to be hard to hold in. Cause they can get slippery. And there is a weird resistance that I can never quite figure out. It works well enough just to gear. But even there they tend to feel a bit to hard. Heard that the elite controller is way better there. And if I can use the pedals under, it might make gearing a whole lot easier for me.

Agree with the throw. Got to have all the feeling you can get really.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:38:55 AM(UTC)
I love how we started asking about a demo and now we are onto elite controllers which i really want now.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:40:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: forzainformer2 Go to Quoted Post
I love how we started asking about a demo and now we are onto elite controllers which i really want now.

Got to be ready for the demo you know mate :D Weird part is. I got wheels and everything. But I honestly think the game is more fun with a controller :p
#81 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:13:58 AM(UTC)
As is the wont, expect the demo about two weeks before release date ! Recall that T10 do things in a very cyclical manner, which I like!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#82 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:48:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post

Hmmmm.

More on that later.

OZ

I don't use clutch really. It never hit with me. I know I can gain some speed by using it and just keeping the accelerator hard in. But it just sounds to wrong for me. And not worth it really. When it comes to gearchange I use lb-rb instead of x-b. So I think it would be easy to transact to using the pedals under for gearing. Since im not the x-b type of guy.

But time will tell how I map it. It got sent today. So im guessing I will get some practice with FH2 first. Just to see how I would map it. What sort of length on the analog sticks I will use etc.

What I dislike most about the normal xone controller is the way lb-rb feels. They tend to be hard to hold in. Cause they can get slippery. And there is a weird resistance that I can never quite figure out. It works well enough just to gear. But even there they tend to feel a bit to hard. Heard that the elite controller is way better there. And if I can use the pedals under, it might make gearing a whole lot easier for me.

Mate, a BIG NO with trying it out on H2 or H3 first.... Please Stick to coming to grips with the tuning of the triggers, paddles, the sensitivity CURVE over the preset straight line adjustments, and mapping.

Otherwise, you'll bring all your "Bad Habit" back from the truely arcade Horizon title into Forza Motorsports.

You'll find the steering awckward and way too sensitive, and the previously mentioned items just unfamiliar.

If you break the ice inside either F5 and F6, you'll never regret it. Trust me on it.

Then, when you do transition to H3 etc, you'll not be bothered about the slippery effects that come with those titles.

If you need some pointers with the running of it, just hit me up via PM, more than happy to help where and if possible.

You'll find Simulation Steering much easier with the Elite than the normal controller. You can JUST apply the slightest of trigger brake to just keep the car from braking too hard if you just use the brake like one does with standard controllers.

I can get off the line faster with it than the normal ones. You can feather the acceleration easier, and it seems to be more responsive.

Learning those things you need Forza Motorsports, not Horizons. That game is about hitting the accel hard, braking late and slidding all over the place. If you mastered that, then came across, you'd not feel the controller giving you its best. Know what I mean?

Anyhow, it's your choice mate, just adding my thoughts.....

OZ

#83 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:52:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FORMULA ONE 44 Go to Quoted Post
As is the wont, expect the demo about two weeks before release date ! Recall that T10 do things in a very cyclical manner, which I like!

Yeah, it "should" land on the 13th, which is exactly two weeks prior, and on the correct day of the week that fits into their cyc;if system.

While Playground Games were once THE main development house, they have obviously teamed up for this one, prior to the reshaping of the whole Xbox gaming experience which is to drop in our laps next September.

OZ
#84 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:10:22 AM(UTC)

Hmmmm.

More on that later.

OZ

Mate, a BIG NO with trying it out on H2 or H3 first.... Please Stick to coming to grips with the tuning of the triggers, paddles, the sensitivity CURVE over the preset straight line adjustments, and mapping.

Otherwise, you'll bring all your "Bad Habit" back from the truely arcade Horizon title into Forza Motorsports.

You'll find the steering awckward and way too sensitive, and the previously mentioned items just unfamiliar.

If you break the ice inside either F5 and F6, you'll never regret it. Trust me on it.

Then, when you do transition to H3 etc, you'll not be bothered about the slippery effects that come with those titles.

If you need some pointers with the running of it, just hit me up via PM, more than happy to help where and if possible.

You'll find Simulation Steering much easier with the Elite than the normal controller. You can JUST apply the slightest of trigger brake to just keep the car from braking too hard if you just use the brake like one does with standard controllers.

I can get off the line faster with it than the normal ones. You can feather the acceleration easier, and it seems to be more responsive.

Learning those things you need Forza Motorsports, not Horizons. That game is about hitting the accel hard, braking late and slidding all over the place. If you mastered that, then came across, you'd not feel the controller giving you its best. Know what I mean?

OZ

Tried to pm you. just got a notice that your inbox is full. And that you won't get my pm until you release some space mate
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:42:02 AM(UTC)

Hmmmm.

More on that later.

OZ

OZ

Tried to pm you. just got a notice that your inbox is full. And that you won't get my pm until you release some space mate

Thanks mate, will remove some now, give mev20 mind from this post.

OZ

#86 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:24:37 PM(UTC)
I think the demo came out a few days before or when the game came not sure what they will do this time. BUT I NEED THE GAME
#87 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:12:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Retweiser Go to Quoted Post
I think the demo came out a few days before or when the game came not sure what they will do this time. BUT I NEED THE GAME
again, they've always released a demo 2 weeks prior to release of the game. Not the early access date, but the proper 27th.

So that'd make it Tuesday 13th. Which also fits in with their weekly finish and release cycle.,always being the Tuesday..

So IF they follow the normal release cycle, then you'll see it in the storefront come September 13th, all going well.

OZ

#88 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:10:05 AM(UTC)
September 13 is also the day xbox anywhere officially launches. Everything points to this date.
#89 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:18:47 AM(UTC)
Effing A September cant get here soon enough!
#90 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 12:59:20 AM(UTC)
So I was browsing on Twitter and a local game store had posted a tweet stating that they were holding an assetto corsa competition and showed the game on the tv ready to play, however more
interestingly in the background you can vaguely see the bottom of the forza horizon 3 front cover and on it, it says there'll be free demo available on the 12th of September. https://twitter.com/game...tatus/769085801460293632
#91 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 1:04:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ashrafgamer1 Go to Quoted Post
So I was browsing on Twitter and a local game store had posted a tweet stating that they were holding an assetto corsa competition and showed the game on the tv ready to play, however more
interestingly in the background you can vaguely see the bottom of the forza horizon 3 front cover and on it, it says there'll be free demo available on the 12th of September. https://twitter.com/game...tatus/769085801460293632

That would be right, as while it says the 12th, that can be determined by the location.

It'll be released on the 13th Pacific Time, but that would put some countries at the 12th, and some on the 14th, like Australia. So that'd be right on the money, great find mate.

OZ
#92 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 1:31:46 AM(UTC)

That would be right, as while it says the 12th, that can be determined by the location.

It'll be released on the 13th Pacific Time, but that would put some countries at the 12th, and some on the 14th, like Australia. So that'd be right on the money, great find mate.

OZ

OZ. Your inbox is full again. Just write to me there when you got space. Boy oh boy you most be one popular fellow. Will delete this when I know he's seen it.

Really looking forward to the demo tho. It's going to be a blast for sure to finally try it myself. Even tho it's just a demo and won't represent the final game. But it might just still answer a few questions
#93 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 2:52:45 AM(UTC)

OZ

OZ. Your inbox is full again. Just write to me there when you got space. Boy oh boy you most be one popular fellow. Will delete this when I know he's seen it.

Really looking forward to the demo tho. It's going to be a blast for sure to finally try it myself. Even tho it's just a demo and won't represent the final game. But it might just still answer a few questions

Cleared, again lol....

There'll probably only be 4-5 cars on offer in the demo, and restricted to one region for each car do they can showcase each different region, plus the variances of each of the car categories. Much like ForzaM6 was.

Looking forward to it.

OZ

#94 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:19:21 AM(UTC)
I think that instead of a demo we will get the announcement of the backwards compatibility of Forza Horion (the original)
#95 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:23:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreakierNut Go to Quoted Post
I think that instead of a demo we will get the announcement of the backwards compatibility of Forza Horion (the original)

That might well be ONE announcement, but you can put money on it that there'll be a demo. They can't afford not to have one.

OZ
 1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:19:52 AM(UTC)

That might well be ONE announcement, but you can put money on it that there'll be a demo. They can't afford not to have one.

OZ

Considering that FH1 will be out free for gold members next month. I really don't believe that there will be any announcement of it really. So im going with a demo
#97 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:16:02 PM(UTC)

OZ

Considering that FH1 will be out free for gold members next month. I really don't believe that there will be any announcement of it really. So im going with a demo

Wait FH1 is on XB1 now?

Subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/...UCe6ZvZX06zuFlFCVxJVSBdg
#98 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:24:36 PM(UTC)
Im hoping if there is a demo, it will be announced this Tuesday. Also, Im hoping the full map reveal happens around this time too.
#99 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:19:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: superkollin7 Go to Quoted Post

OZ

Wait FH1 is on XB1 now?

From the start of September, aye. All the 360 Games With Gold are added to the backwards compatibility.
#100 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 4:38:05 AM(UTC)
DEMO is coming and you will be able to play the DEMO September 12!

Was accidentally leaked on a presentation!

Edited by user Saturday, August 27, 2016 4:40:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

35 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error