35 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 4:03:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Veneno LP750 Go to Quoted Post
Hi I hope there will be a demo for fh3

I trust you read the beginning of the thread.? Or at least this page. Because if you had, you'd have read thet there's a high likelihood that it'll arrive on the 13, which is 14 days prior to release on the 27th. Not sure if yo were just being funny, or just not bothered to read the thread. Or simply just making a statement.

Sometimes it's best to be a little more specific when making posts. Im sure you'll be happy once the game is released on the 27th and you'll be able to explore the great Australian outback. Well, sort of. Lol.

Cheers.... OZ

OZ. Maybe it will come a few days before that? Considering ultimate edition have early release. So the demo might come even earlier than the 13th

Doubtful mate, as they release demos based on the actual OFFICIAL release date, not a pre-release date that's only designated for a smaller number of individuals.

They work on a very restrictive and specific time table. The date for a games release was selected over 2 yrs ago, and almost all demos have always come out 2 weeks before official release. The game must go Gold prior to it being released to the public. Allowing them to do any final polishing etc.

The whole franchise, Motorsports and Horizon work on a strict 1 year rolling release timetable. Allowing a 2 year gap between releases. Which has been working in that fashion for the last 6 years, and is now their basic game release timetable. Rotated each year by each game coming out every two years.

So the demo will be 14 days prior to the games release. Just like Forza Motorsports 6 did,

Then in September 2017, Forza Motorsport 7, or what they end up calling it, as there is a suggestion that it is rumoured that a name change is supposedly going to happen, and will also now land primarily in digital form on our HDDs.

I predict it will be called, Forza Motorsports: Apex. Not FM7.... Just a thought, but it makes a great deal of sense when one looks at their current colaboration and the fact they are beta testing a game that ideally has no future..?

Anyhow, whatever it is, it will be released in September 2017, or November at the very latest. As November was once their ideal release window, so that it fitted in with the U.S. Holiday buying period.

6 yrs ago, well, it's technically 7, they used to release games on the start of the day on the international dateLine.mwhich is just west of NZ.

Meaning the NZ got the game's first, then followed by Australia 2 hrs later, which is on our East Coast, and worked across the country finishing in Perth Western Australia 8 hrs later.

Then finally hitting the Eastern Coast of the State 16-18hrs after Australia. Meaning that the rest of the Asia Pacific Region got all games first.

The American based developers didn't like this, and moved it to be the West Coast timetable. Making the Western Coast as THE start of the day. Which seems to cause all the issues around timed releases etc.

But anyhow, I digress.....

However, does all that make some sort of sense mate .......?

OZ

Edited by user Sunday, July 31, 2016 4:05:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 4:56:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Veneno LP750 Go to Quoted Post
Hi I hope there will be a demo for fh3

I trust you read the beginning of the thread.? Or at least this page. Because if you had, you'd have read thet there's a high likelihood that it'll arrive on the 13, which is 14 days prior to release on the 27th. Not sure if yo were just being funny, or just not bothered to read the thread. Or simply just making a statement.

Sometimes it's best to be a little more specific when making posts. Im sure you'll be happy once the game is released on the 27th and you'll be able to explore the great Australian outback. Well, sort of. Lol.

Cheers.... OZ

OZ. Maybe it will come a few days before that? Considering ultimate edition have early release. So the demo might come even earlier than the 13th

Doubtful mate, as they release demos based on the actual OFFICIAL release date, not a pre-release date that's only designated for a smaller number of individuals.

They work on a very restrictive and specific time table. The date for a games release was selected over 2 yrs ago, and almost all demos have always come out 2 weeks before official release. The game must go Gold prior to it being released to the public. Allowing them to do any final polishing etc.

The whole franchise, Motorsports and Horizon work on a strict 1 year rolling release timetable. Allowing a 2 year gap between releases. Which has been working in that fashion for the last 6 years, and is now their basic game release timetable. Rotated each year by each game coming out every two years.

So the demo will be 14 days prior to the games release. Just like Forza Motorsports 6 did,

Then in September 2017, Forza Motorsport 7, or what they end up calling it, as there is a suggestion that it is rumoured that a name change is supposedly going to happen, and will also now land primarily in digital form on our HDDs.

I predict it will be called, Forza Motorsports: Apex. Not FM7.... Just a thought, but it makes a great deal of sense when one looks at their current colaboration and the fact they are beta testing a game that ideally has no future..?

Anyhow, whatever it is, it will be released in September 2017, or November at the very latest. As November was once their ideal release window, so that it fitted in with the U.S. Holiday buying period.

6 yrs ago, well, it's technically 7, they used to release games on the start of the day on the international dateLine.mwhich is just west of NZ.

Meaning the NZ got the game's first, then followed by Australia 2 hrs later, which is on our East Coast, and worked across the country finishing in Perth Western Australia 8 hrs later.

Then finally hitting the Eastern Coast of the State 16-18hrs after Australia. Meaning that the rest of the Asia Pacific Region got all games first.

The American based developers didn't like this, and moved it to be the West Coast timetable. Making the Western Coast as THE start of the day. Which seems to cause all the issues around timed releases etc.

But anyhow, I digress.....

However, does all that make some sort of sense mate .......?

OZ

I like you mate. Mature, factual, and know what you're talking about. Yeah it makes a lot of sense really. I can see the logic behind it all. So thank you kindly for your time and reply :)

But yFM7 will most likely have a name change, considering the beta testing and everything. Would be weird if apex died at just the beta stage. If it's not just a purely beta game just to test how it would run and work on pc. And that's the whole idea behind apex. And then the next game gets a different name. But I find that most unlikely
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 5:42:25 AM(UTC)
My belief is that Apex was designed to test their OS on Win10 PC only devices. And to workout what tech requirements are required by gamers, and what players need to do in order to play at their optimum Frame Rates and streaming abilities etc. not a PC guy, so I'm just putting thoughts out there.

But that seems to be what ppl are giving the most feedback around.

These data dumps are being gathered to work on Scorpio, so that when it hits the shelves in September (20 something) in 2017, Forza Motorsports: Apex will most likely be released as a hardware's 1st Party title, alongside the new Scorpio, along with probably the next Halo iteration, and perhaps even a GEARS release.

As you may have noticed, they have announced a special Gears 4 Xbox One Slim (2 terabyte unit). So the next iteration could be a great title to launch alongside the new Scorpio, which will get a new name of course,,as S orpio is simply the devices I house code definition. As well as Forza Motorsport: Apex and Halo 6 of course......

They need the current Apex to work out the optimum settings for both the normal Xbox One, the new Slim and Win 10 platforms. See if there's issues with Forza Hub and the having of their combined OSs etc.

Just think of it in realality terms. We are seeing many of the items that we are putting into our Forza 6 Wishlists some of which are being implemented in both Horizon and Apex. Plus the fact they are including other new aspects that are being tested.

By now, FM7 is well underway. They usually start as the current iteration is released, actually, when the game goes Gold. Teams usually take a well earned break, then dive back into the next iteration. A smaller team continues to work on the current iteration, ironing out bugs, passing serious issues up the line for fixes.

As it hits the last of the Free DLCs, more of the teams shifts to the next iteration, while a smaller team deals with bugs and the final,6 DLCs. Which have been finished a long time ago, bar some certain aspects and fixes. So that by end of year one, all gameplay, vehicles etc have been given to players.

A huge amount if attention can then be diverted to the next iteration. This is done do that there's roughly a full 2.5yrs development time gone into the game by the next release time. Many gamers don't quite grasp this concept, and believe the developer will continue to change major aspects of the game. Which can not be done now.

It's always been that way, except earlier, the turn around was 3-4 yrs at best, sometimes even more. Gamers were more patient back then and understood that there was a longer turn around. But, like all things good, and evil, ppl end up changing things due to peer pressure.

Peer pressure here is the gaming public. So as demand became stronger, and louder. Developers went into shorter turnaround cycles. I've had many a discussion with various developers on this subject. Such as Ubisoft, Turn 10, Rockstar Games, Activision etc etc. and they have explained in detail their various schedules, their basic 'game plan' for releasing titles. No secretes given out of course, but a rough idea was given.

Now gamers expect a new game every year from a developer. Be it COD, Black Ops, Battlefield, Halo, Gears etc.

So the developers now have two or even three development teams working on similar titles so that here's an annual release, thus keeping joe-gamer happy. But even now, gamers are demanding even more from developers.

One only needs to look at the forums in here to see the Demands that many make. Developers listen to those, and read the forums and Wishlists. But the information they glean from them is funnelled into the next title.

It just makes logical and financial sense in the long run.

Otherwise he developers would not get the returns they do. Shareholders wouldn't reinvest in the next iteration, and the game would fold.

Does all that make sense ....?

OZ

Edited by user Sunday, July 31, 2016 5:59:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 1:51:18 PM(UTC)
man i know the demo for FH2 came out 2 weeks before the launch[img]nul

[img]null[/img]
l[/img]
#55 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 12:33:37 AM(UTC)
Shouldn't it be out by now?
#56 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 12:45:40 AM(UTC)
I'm pretty sure it comes out 14 days before the actual release of the game but I could be wrong
 3 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 4:51:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrTUN3R Go to Quoted Post
Shouldn't it be out by now?

Hint to new posters, most of the answer to your question is in the first or second page.

It's always advisable to read those to get the gist of the thread.

But, to answer your question, itll be released on the 13th September, which is 14 days prior to the OFFICIAL RELEASE date, (27th September) NOT the Early Access date, (23rd September) which is just 4 days prior to the official release date.

But again, it's a great idea to read earlier pages. Ideally the first two. By then, the answer of the threads heading has been answered. Just a polite hint to help you. not having a go at you.

OZ
#58 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 12:42:38 PM(UTC)
Is there a demo
#59 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 1:29:16 PM(UTC)
There will be a demo but they aren't going to tell you when as usual. When it's out you will know.

Edited by user Monday, August 15, 2016 1:29:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 4:34:45 PM(UTC)
I''ll say we wont know about a demo until the launch trailer. Because isnt that what they did with the demo for forza horizon 2?
#61 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 12:07:58 PM(UTC)
it would be nice to have a demo cause forza horizon 2 had one

Edited by user Friday, August 19, 2016 12:09:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 5:40:38 PM(UTC)
demos are sure not a given these days, but Forza always seems to have a pretty good demo. They didn't say no, but they didn't say yes either. I think there will still be one purely go by the past. Kinda miss the days where every game had a demo pretty much, now it's like a gift heh
 2 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 6:03:23 PM(UTC)
I just want a new demo so I can watch the cool hipster intro video and drink my Kumbucha.
#64 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 6:30:07 PM(UTC)
Ok two things i want to add

Turn 10 is a part of the Horizon series
and E3demos are just races take a look at H2's E3 demo it was a race whereas the downloadable demo(for x1 users) had races and freeroam for us to get a taste of the game.

hope those were helpful! ;D
#65 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:27:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: forzainformer2 Go to Quoted Post
E3demos are just races take a look at H2's E3 demo it was a race whereas the downloadable demo(for x1 users) had races and freeroam for us to get a taste of the game.

Yeah, I didn't get to play FH2 (not counting X360 as they didn't demo that - I wonder why?) but for FH1 they gave you access to a small open area and closed off the outer roads and some of the interior roads. I expect the same for FH3 if they do a demo.
I hope it also comes to Windows so that we can see how well it plays. I might be hoping for a bit too much there but we'll see.

Edited by user Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:28:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:15:07 PM(UTC)
I wonder what the car choice for the demo will be like. Whether it will just be the Lamborghini Centenario, BMW M4 and Ford Stang' I don't know.
I like fiestas
#67 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 2:55:55 AM(UTC)
They released a demo for the other Forza games so I think they will. Also if we don't have a demo,how will we know if the game is good. (Yes I know we can just watch gameplay footage but i want to play it from my view)
#68 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:11:07 AM(UTC)
My prediction? Next week. Because Forza 6 released it with the last batch of cars.
[img][/img]Playing since 2013
Fujimi drifter.
NEXT UP: DLC PACKS!
#69 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 1:11:09 PM(UTC)
Well, you have to look at the patterns between several forza games. The most recent demos have been released 14 days before the actual games.
I like fiestas
#70 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 11:04:06 PM(UTC)
I'm really hoping it is soon, I'm having troubles with my thrustmaster tx with forza horizon 2 so I'm hoping that I can download the demo before its release and see if I will have the same problems and if not I'm pre ordering it
#71 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 1:41:09 AM(UTC)
I am happy just using a normal controller for Forza games but I probably would be better off with a wheel... Why have Microsoft stoped making the motion controlled wheel that they did for the 360?
I like fiestas
#72 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 4:33:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomS675 Go to Quoted Post
I am happy just using a normal controller for Forza games but I probably would be better off with a wheel... Why have Microsoft stoped making the motion controlled wheel that they did for the 360?

Actually, way too many ppl have a heap of issues with their wheels in Forza titles. The game is optimised for the controller over the wheel.

If anything, I'd suggest getting the Elite Controler, as it is by far the barest unit yo use out of any of the controlers.

The NEW Slim controllers are almost the same, with the exception of the depth, making the triggers closer to the palm than normal controllers.

OZ

#73 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:24:23 AM(UTC)
What are the benefits of an elite controller then?
I got the Forza 6 special edition console so I have a Forza 6 controller with grips on the handles.

Edited by user Monday, August 22, 2016 8:26:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I like fiestas
#74 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 1:25:36 PM(UTC)
I got the Forza 6 special edition console so I have a Forza 6 controller with grips on the handles.

Trigger stops, paddles on the back, and customisable pieces, such as longer analogues sticks.
#75 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 1:27:43 PM(UTC)

I wouldn't do without it now.

I have the Forza controller, and the COD controller, plus the new Slim controller. But the elite leaves them in its dust.

Why... well, the weight is really substantial in your hands. The internals are more metal than plastic which can wear out under strong and heavy use. We've all experienced controller mechanics breaking due to such things.

With the Elite, they need to be metal, as both the thumbsticks and D-Pad etc are all metal as they were magnetically held in place do that you can swap them around to suit your hands quirkiness.

Hint,,stay with the middle sized thumbsticks, you get better control over the steering and visuals with them. The taller thumbsticks are far too touchy, while the smaller ones are just too small if you've got bigger hands.

The apaches can be mapped to whatever function you want, as can the entire trigger, button and D-Pad functions. Putting the functions you want in the right places.

So you have weight, longevity for parts built into it, and functionality and customisation at every function of the controller.

The rumble motors are bigger, and stronger. So nuances are more pronounced than the standard controllers. You feel every little bump or when you just rub the edge of the ripple strips and corner extensions. Do you know EXACTLY where you are on the track. Especially in cockpit mode, which I use exclusively.

You feel the car starting to slid, or the tyres starting to give, unlike a standard controller, which the Forza 6 controller is really, where you just slid or loose traction. With the Elite, YOU know when it's going to let go on those tight corners, and high powered cars where traction is a dirty word.

The magnets are so strong that I've yet to have anything come unstuck on the controller.

The grips are more rubberised than even the Forza 6 controllers. So your hands font sweat like they can on standard controllers.

Now, yo the better ride of he whole thing.

They are very customisable insofar as how you want each trigger to respond, how much throw you want on the thumbsticks, you can customise several settings to,suit either different racing styles, say NASCAR tracks are approached differently to circuit racingtracks..

You can have several set ups stored, but you can have two at your fingertips on the controller. By just sliding a Small switch, you can jump straight into the different set up.

The acceleration adjustments can be set by using the presets available on a straight angled "curve" by simply adjusting the points up or down. Or, you can choose the proper progressive true curve which can be adjusted very finely to suit 4ach side of the controller.

It comes in a beautiful hard asked case,,with the various accessory paddles, D-Pads and thumbsticks in them. So you can pack up your controller and take it along with your various bits n pi4ces with you when you go to your mates.

Performance wise, they are more preside than standard controllers, they have the weight to help you feel more in control, give you better track and car feedback, plus they look the treat.

I'd never ever go back to a standard controller. It's money well invested. Hope the small review meets with your approval mate ?

OZ
35 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error