35 Pages<<3132333435PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#801 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:41:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: bosozokus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mechanic87 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
You should cancel your order/not buy the game.

I didn't and won't preorder, to many red flags.

Well now I'm curious, what, to you, are these 'red flags'?

Game felt old 30 minutes into it. No new major gameplay mechanics 'gas stations, player customization, houses, actual car meets, mountain roads, snow, fog, thunderstorms, basically everything we've asked for for 5 years'. No new customization besides widebodies and a few wheels, of which most are only for mainstream cars. Map feels small and empty. Worst carlist since Forza 5, which is kinda funny how that's the case when you'd expect more to be in the game than previous versions since all the models are already done. Heavy emphasis on paid DLC. Overall game feels like a DLC for Horizon 2. Paint system is still the same, tuning system is still the same. I could go on for hours.

I'll wait for reviews.

Yer gonna buy this game if the reviews are good, even though you didn't like the game (because it doesn't meet your wildly, TDU2 copycat ideas) ? You're a bit of an idiot mate. Aaaand a sheep

What is wrong with me asking for an improved game each year? I never said i'm going to buy the game or not, i said i'll wait until it's reviewed so i can be informed on my purchase in fact i probably won't buy it even though it'll be a decent game purely for protest.

You blindly support each year even though deep in your mind you are disappointed each time. Who is the sheep?

But hey this is the internet where people will call you names for having different opinions and likes. Have fun playing the same games every year, i like to show game developers what i want so they can incorporate it, if they don't listen i don't buy simple as that. Why would i give my money to a company to doesnt listen and cater to their fans? Get TRIGGERED
#802 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:57:17 AM(UTC)
I guess I'm not playing the demo enough to unlock the Autoshow / Horizon Hub / Festival site. I've driven every road (131) found almost all XP boards (48), and done every event that I can find on the map (beauty spots included). What else do I need to do to be able to buy cars?
#803 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:59:28 AM(UTC)
The Festival site is not available to enter in the Demo version of the game.

Follow my Instagram, @mistahhdj
#804 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:59:31 AM(UTC)

Game felt old 30 minutes into it. No new major gameplay mechanics 'gas stations, player customization, houses, actual car meets, mountain roads, snow, fog, thunderstorms, basically everything we've asked for for 5 years'. No new customization besides widebodies and a few wheels, of which most are only for mainstream cars. Map feels small and empty. Worst carlist since Forza 5, which is kinda funny how that's the case when you'd expect more to be in the game than previous versions since all the models are already done. Heavy emphasis on paid DLC. Overall game feels like a DLC for Horizon 2. Paint system is still the same, tuning system is still the same. I could go on for hours.

I'll wait for reviews.

There is new customisation, check the various threads on it, look at my thread on the unique customisation options with Jonk's response in it. Map is small because it was the demo, with only a third (possibly less) of the entire map.There is a proper car meet, that'll be in the full game up at the airfield. I do agree on the DLC front though, Forza seems like Microsoft's big cash cow at times.

As for the same painting and tuning system, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by user Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:29:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo fix

1 user liked this post.
#805 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:16:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

I'll wait for reviews.

There is new customisation, check the various threads on it, look at my thread on the unique customisation options with Jonk's response in it. Map is small because it was the demo, with only a thrid (possibly less) of the entire map.There is a proper car meet, that'll be in the full game up at the airfield. I do agree on the DLC front though, Forza seems like Microsoft's big cash cow at times.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it? How about nothing is perfect so always strive to be better? I feel what you wrote is the mindset of the Devs which is the problem this series has. I've seen thousands of people asking for simple simple things like more camber, wheel spacers, raised suspension etc. Things like that are super easy to code and would completely reinvigorate car customization yet 10 years later we still don't have them. And the painting system is broke! We have wanted the ability to have matte decals on shiny cars and vice versa for ever! As well as window decals. So yes it is "broke".

Yes i get i'm being very cynical but i just don't get how 2 years, 100+ staff members, and millions of dollars create only 30 new cars, 30 new wheels, and an average map. Perhaps they should have spent the months they spent taking pictures of the sky to just add in the 3 things i mentioned and have weeks left over to actually read some feedback.. Hmm just a thought.
#806 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:36:33 AM(UTC)

I'll wait for reviews.

There is new customisation, check the various threads on it, look at my thread on the unique customisation options with Jonk's response in it. Map is small because it was the demo, with only a thrid (possibly less) of the entire map.There is a proper car meet, that'll be in the full game up at the airfield. I do agree on the DLC front though, Forza seems like Microsoft's big cash cow at times.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it? How about nothing is perfect so always strive to be better? I feel what you wrote is the mindset of the Devs which is the problem this series has. I've seen thousands of people asking for simple simple things like more camber, wheel spacers, raised suspension etc. Things like that are super easy to code and would completely reinvigorate car customization yet 10 years later we still don't have them. And the painting system is broke! We have wanted the ability to have matte decals on shiny cars and vice versa for ever! As well as window decals. So yes it is "broke".

Yes i get i'm being very cynical but i just don't get how 2 years, 100+ staff members, and millions of dollars create only 30 new cars, 30 new wheels, and an average map. Perhaps they should have spent the months they spent taking pictures of the sky to just add in the 3 things i mentioned and have weeks left over to actually read some feedback.. Hmm just a thought.

Each car takes something like 6 months to add into the game, so it's no surprise that it isn't a huge amount of new cars. I'd hardly call the map average, though that's a personal opinion.

I also think you fail to realise how difficult it is to code new things. You make it sound like it's a 5 minute job. All I'll say to that is you need to get some coding experience behind you before you start dictating how easy or hard something is to add.
#807 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:46:53 AM(UTC)

I'll wait for reviews.

Each car takes something like 6 months to add into the game, so it's no surprise that it isn't a huge amount of new cars. I'd hardly call the map average, though that's a personal opinion.

I also think you fail to realise how difficult it is to code new things. You make it sound like it's a 5 minute job. All I'll say to that is you need to get some coding experience behind you before you start dictating how easy or hard something is to add.

I do have a little video game coding experience, enough to know how coding is layed out. Cars don't take 6 months to add in that's nonsense. If so those 30 new cars would have taken 15 years, what??? Not sure where you heard that at. Depending on how their coding is set up yes it could take as little as 5 minutes. 'The changing of the code, not the mapping for the cars' You really don't think modders spend months on mods like that do you? As i said if it were my code you'd be able to just change the number designating the maxim angle for camber on one line of code.
#808 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:50:27 AM(UTC)

I'll wait for reviews.

I do have a little video game coding experience, enough to know how coding is layed out. Cars don't take 6 months to add in that's nonsense. If so those 30 new cars would have taken 15 years, what??? Not sure where you heard that at. Depending on how their coding is set up yes it could take as little as 5 minutes. 'The changing of the code, not the mapping for the cars' You really don't think modders spend months on mods like that do you? As i said if it were my code you'd be able to just change the number designating the maxim angle for camber on one line of code.

You've also got to think about the art side of things, to be able to match the angle and whatnot visually.

It was in a thread, with a reply posted by a T10 person that said each car takes 6 months to scan, and add to the game. Of course they'll have multiple teams working on them, so it wouldn't be as silly as 15 years.
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#809 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:52:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GDane42 Go to Quoted Post
What else do I need to do to be able to buy cars?

Buy the full game.

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#810 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 9:36:35 AM(UTC)

I'll wait for reviews.

They may seem like simple changes from the outside, I doubt they really are. There's also the art team to take into consideration, who'd need to change various bits on each and every car to be able to incorporate these changes.

As for the 30 new cars, I read in a reply posted by a T10 staff person that each car takes 6 months to scan, model, and add to the game. So going by that, it comes as no surprise that it isn't wall to wall new cars in this game.
#811 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:40:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post

Buy the full game.

Sure. I already pre-ordered the Ultimate the day it was announced.

Anyway, I thought I have seen other people talk about going to the autoshow, tuning, etc. in the demo. Were they lying? Did they have even earlier access to the full game?
#812 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:44:56 AM(UTC)
Is it unlockable in the demo? Do I need a certain level before I can get in? What all is "unlockable"/achievable/explorable in the demo?
#813 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:45:50 AM(UTC)
Is it unlockable in the demo? Do I need a certain level before I can get in? What all is "unlockable"/achievable/explorable in the demo?

No.

Edited by user Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:46:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#814 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:47:32 AM(UTC)

Buy the full game.

Anyway, I thought I have seen other people talk about going to the autoshow, tuning, etc. in the demo. Were they lying? Did they have even earlier access to the full game?

Those YouTube videos are from a preview event where they had access to either a finished copy, or an almost finished copy.

This demo doesn't have that in it, being purely a demo.
#815 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:20:13 PM(UTC)
[quote=GDane42;553705]What else do I need to do to be able to buy cars?

Buy the full game.

GDane, Breyzipp is 100% correct but I want to also add that buying the game will not open up the possibility to drive them in the demo but it will when the game comes out officially.
The demo as far as I know does not have an option to buy any cars

#816 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:22:59 PM(UTC)
No it is not :(
#817 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:25:36 PM(UTC)

Buy the full game.

Hey again GDane42,
I do believe there are a selected few who have been given early access to the full game. If I remember correctly John Schommer said in the week in Review article from 9-16-16 that he got to play the game early and that that was a fringe Benifit of his job.

Edited by user Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:28:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#818 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:26:38 PM(UTC)
The festival is unbelievable in the demo sadly.
#819 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:31:55 PM(UTC)
TransAmConner,
Everything you mentioned was correct and don't mean to step on your toes, I'm just giving more info along with your correct answers.😉
#820 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:37:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
TransAmConner,
Everything you mentioned was correct and don't mean to step on your toes, I'm just giving more info along with your correct answers.😉

Aye, I get that! But ouch my toes! ;)
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#821 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:08:29 PM(UTC)

Buy the full game.

GDane, Breyzipp is 100% correct but I want to also add that buying the game will not open up the possibility to drive them in the demo but it will when the game comes out officially.

Indeed of course, my line could be a bit misleading thanks for clearing that up. :)
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#822 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:29:51 PM(UTC)
Thanks! I was going a bit crazy, thinking I was missing out on something... :)
#823 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:36:06 PM(UTC)

Buy the full game.

Indeed of course, my line could be a bit misleading thanks for clearing that up. :)

You bet Breyzipp, didn't want someone buying the game to open up the cars to drive in the demo and be mad at you because you told them it would unlock the cars. I fully understood what you meant but was afraid others could take it wrong. What you said was totally correct though👍
#824 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 3:08:05 PM(UTC)
Can you change your existing car from the one you started the demo in? I really want the Maloo, but don't know how to change it.
#825 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 3:16:09 PM(UTC)
No. The only way to change your car is to start the demo from the beginning - i.e. quit the demo and restart it.

35 Pages<<3132333435PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error