35 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 2:00:21 PM(UTC)
Man i wish they would just release the E3 demo :(
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 2:51:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post

They won't.

We'll get something much better, with access to the open world and online integration.

At least if their past demos are any example. =)
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:31:57 PM(UTC)

tbh i'd rather wait for a different demo than play something i have already seen other people play over and over again
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 10:44:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Turboteg90 Go to Quoted Post
Stay tuned.

AR12

#30 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:43:45 PM(UTC)
So excited. Too bad we have to wait until then
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 2:15:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Dinklewood Go to Quoted Post
Just a point to make note of. Turn 10 does not do the Horizon games, they only do the Motorsport titles. Horizon is done by Playground Games.
As far as "I didn't mean i want to get it for both X1 and PC. I'm going to get it for PC", they are one in the same.
The physical copies are Xbox only, the digital downloads are Xbox Anywhere and can be played on either platform, there is not an Xbox or PC choice in any meaningful sense.

In actuality, it's a joint development for Horizon 3. That's very obvious from Turn 10s development team posting answers to questions stating that THEY ARE WORKING on such-n-such feature.

Turn 10 are sharing their extensive list of cars that are already built, and also sharing their knowledge with regards to The Beta Apex so that the game can operate seamlessly with bot console and Win-10 PCs.

Plus it's obvious that many of the Turn 10 guys n gals are working side by sides with Playground a Games, which is great for all concerned.,and I believe it's a great thing, as we all know that collaboration often brings out the best where a good game is concerned.

Yes, Playground Games IS the major developer, but you'll find for a great game tomgrow, you need to move x the two talent pools to get the best out of both.

Plus, it makes complete sense that they both work together. When the next Motorsports title hits the shelves (or in the new digital world, HDDs), Turn 10 will be using splay grounds tech around weather and other areas we want in FM7, which are now being implemented in H3.

Both working to give us all a better game, irrespective of the title.

OZ

#32 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 2:27:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TropicalBxrd Go to Quoted Post

tbh i'd rather wait for a different demo than play something i have already seen other people play over and over again

I believe the 'demo' was in fact a compiled E3 mini-game, which is what's usually how media gets their hands on experience.

The demo will most likely hit as previously mentioned early in September, around 14 days prior to the games official release, not the a Early Access release.

More than likely on September the 13th which is a Tuesday, which is the day that they usually release content. And is exactly 14 days before release date. Plus it's the second Tuesday of the month, which is of course the same window they usually release content.

Do,that whole window works with both evgsmes release, the usual time frame the team works with both Early Access and the full game release date.

Perhaps we'll get a special edition of the Lamborghini like we did with Forza 6 and the Cover Car Ford GT..?

Which could be how we get a special edition ? That would be great.

OZ
#33 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:03:08 AM(UTC)
When is forza horizon 3 demo comming out for us to try and see if we really want it
 2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:10:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zaccharles Go to Quoted Post
When is forza horizon 3 demo comming out for us to try and see if we really want it

Mate, if you 'read' the previous posts, not just the thread title, you'll see that almost everyone has commented that it'll most likely be on the 13th which is 14 days prior to its release officially, not the Early Access.

Taking your time to read all the posts usually gives you the answers to your questions. Then you have something to work from, then pass your thoughts onto the r st of the community.

Read -write is the best way mate... Expect it 2 weeks prior to official release.

And mate, I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, just passing on some forum functionalities etc.....

OZ

Edited by user Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:12:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#35 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:28:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post

Mate, if you 'read' the previous posts, not just the thread title, you'll see that almost everyone has commented that it'll most likely be on the 13th which is 14 days prior to its release officially, not the Early Access.

Taking your time to read all the posts usually gives you the answers to your questions. Then you have something to work from, then pass your thoughts onto the r st of the community.

Read -write is the best way mate... Expect it 2 weeks prior to official release.

And mate, I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, just passing on some forum functionalities etc.....

OZ

Of course this will depend on the size of the thread as well. This tells it fairly fast, so it's easy to find :P All tho im really looking forward to trying out the demo. And not to mention the full game. Med and a mate plans on playing together with the map off. So we really get to learn the area well

Edited by user Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:40:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Thought about another thread, not fully awake yet

#36 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:59:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: taakebanke Go to Quoted Post

OZ

Of course this will depend on the size of the thread as well. This tells it fairly fast, so it's easy to find :P All tho im really looking forward to trying out the demo. And not to mention the full game. Med and a mate plans on playing together with the map off. So we really get to learn the area well

Not really, one only needs to check a few in the first pages as that's usually where the answer is. The rest is discussion on it - usually.

Not sure how you're going to turn the map off. Is that possible. How would you play it. Just drive around in circles in a fixed area.?

You're need a map to travel around wouldn't you...right.

Not sure what you mean about turning the map off mate?

OS

Edited by user Saturday, July 30, 2016 2:01:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 2:14:37 AM(UTC)
Turn off the mini map. Hardly ever uses it on. We know the area really well thanks to it. And making up different challenges. Like try to find a specific place in the world. But you can't look at the map. And can't drive on the road (beside crossing it). It's just more fun to explore and try and learn the area without the mini map on. Makes you try and learn the world another way :D Does the same thing in GTA V for example. We used the map a lot in the start. But wanted just to turn it off for a challenge. And we found the world to almost change. Instead of using the map to navigate as im sure most people would. We would have to learn to look for different signs, landmarks etc. And it just gave fun different way to play the game. But th is might not be for everyone tho :p
#38 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 2:31:52 AM(UTC)
Turn off the mini map. Hardly ever uses it on. We know the area really well thanks to it. And making up different challenges.

Like try to find a specific place in the world. But you can't look at the map. And can't drive on the road (beside crossing it). It's just more fun to explore and try and learn the area without the mini map on.

Makes you try and learn the world another way :D Does the same thing in GTA V for example. We used the map a lot in the start. But wanted just to turn it off for a challenge.

And we found the world to almost change. Instead of using the map to navigate as im sure most people would. We would have to learn to look for different signs, landmarks etc.

It just gave fun different way to play the game. But th is might not be for everyone tho :p

Ahh, that makes sense then.. Best to explain it better in your initial posts mate. So that everyone that might not know what you're meaning can understand... If that makes sense.

So you'll initially use it to know the basics, then once you and your friends have got the hang of the terrain, road rules, signage etc, you turn it off then explore the various areas.

How would you know if there's any hidden barns and stuff. Do the indicators show up for you that you're in a barn find area etc.

Plus, notice how I spaced your post above.

Thet helps PPP that have reading difficulties to read the post properly. As if anyone does have reading issues, the brain has difficulty in reading more than 3-5 lines before it starts having difficulty in mapping the lines.

They begin to merge into one. Words get kissed, complete lines get lost. Do the post is often misread.

Which is often a huge issue on these forums.

Again, not trying to be smart, just trying to point out reading issues some ppl have online.

Cheers....OZ.
#39 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 2:49:02 AM(UTC)
Turn off the mini map. Hardly ever uses it on. We know the area really well thanks to it. And making up different challenges.

Like try to find a specific place in the world. But you can't look at the map. And can't drive on the road (beside crossing it). It's just more fun to explore and try and learn the area without the mini map on.

Makes you try and learn the world another way :D Does the same thing in GTA V for example. We used the map a lot in the start. But wanted just to turn it off for a challenge.

And we found the world to almost change. Instead of using the map to navigate as im sure most people would. We would have to learn to look for different signs, landmarks etc.

It just gave fun different way to play the game. But th is might not be for everyone tho :p

Ahh, that makes sense then.. Best to explain it better in your initial posts mate. So that everyone that might not know what you're meaning can understand... If that makes sense.

So you'll initially use it to know the basics, then once you and your friends have got the hang of the terrain, road rules, signage etc, you turn it off then explore the various areas.

How would you know if there's any hidden barns and stuff. Do the indicators show up for you that you're in a barn find area etc.

Plus, notice how I spaced your post above.

Thet helps PPP that have reading difficulties to read the post properly. As if anyone does have reading issues, the brain has difficulty in reading more than 3-5 lines before it starts having difficulty in mapping the lines.

They begin to merge into one. Words get kissed, complete lines get lost. Do the post is often misread.

Which is often a huge issue on these forums.

Again, not trying to be smart, just trying to point out reading issues some ppl have online.

Cheers....OZ.

How I use the spacing really depends. Like if it's a flow with the same subject I might pull it a bit longer. Just normal for me. But if I change subjects etc I tend to space it out some more. Didn't think it would end up as clustered as it did. So I'll take the blame on that one :) No harm done

We didn't really turn the map off before. We just thought it might gives a challenge and gave it a shot. And we find it rather surprising. How depended we where on the map to find the way etc. How we would look almost more on the map to guide ourself than the environment. It just gave us a whole new way of finding our way.

When it comes to barn find etc we would often stumble over them. Even before we could unlock that specific barfind. It's due to the different challenges etc we create to keep the game interesting. Making our own top gear challenges etc.

When it comes to FH3 we will try and start the game without the mini map on from the start. Just drive around exploring. Lets say we start at the bottom right. Then we set our self a challenge to find the airport up left. And first one there is the winner. Stuff like that just to get to know the area, learn how to guide ourself through the world.

The funny part is. The world tend to feel bigger when you don't guide yourself by a map. Noticed that both with GTA and FH2. It just felt smaller with the mini map on.

So that's one of the reasons im really looking forward to the demo. It might just be a small part. But it would give a great impression on the world is :D
#40 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 3:43:01 AM(UTC)
Something to remember is, that there's more map ABOVE the demarcation line that runs slightly above Syrpers a Paradise. The upper top righthand side of the 'current' map.

As they intend dropping in areas from all 7 Australian a States, NSW (Byron Bay), Victoria, South Aistralia,,ACT, Western Australi, Tasmainia, Queensland.

Do you already have several areas of 3 States thus far. And remembering that Tasmainia is a Island, and of course will probably only use the centre and down to the lower end of Tassie, as the Western coast of Tassie is just undrivable. Too mountainous.

We have 3 areas of Victoria so far, some of NSW and two main areas of Queensland that I can see so far.

Just a reminder though, especially to ppl new to Australia. The map has areas from different states merged into each other, and it's in no way representable of what Australia is really like. It's a geographical mis-mash of regions and states.

Just a forewarning to those expecting the whole of Australia heheheh..,.

But I see where you're going with the idea, not bad actually. You'd have to map it off in your heads or even jot things down to remember later.

Aldo remembering, that this map is two times as large as the full Horizon 2 map.

OZ

#41 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 3:55:32 AM(UTC)
Something to remember is, that there's more map ABOVE the demarcation line that runs slightly above Syrpers a Paradise. The upper top righthand side of the 'current' map.

As they intend dropping in areas from all 7 Australian a States, NSW (Byron Bay), Victoria, South Aistralia,,ACT, Western Australi, Tasmainia, Queensland.

Do you already have several areas of 3 States thus far. And remembering that Tasmainia is a Island, and of course will probably only use the centre and down to the lower end of Tassie, as the Western coast of Tassie is just undrivable. Too mountainous.

We have 3 areas of Victoria so far, some of NSW and two main areas of Queensland that I can see so far.

Just a reminder though, especially to ppl new to Australia. The map has areas from different states merged into each other, and it's in no way representable of what Australia is really like. It's a geographical mis-mash of regions and states.

Just a forewarning to those expecting the whole of Australia heheheh..,.

But I see where you're going with the idea, not bad actually. You'd have to map it off in your heads or even jot things down to remember later.

Aldo remembering, that this map is two times as large as the full Horizon 2 map.

OZ

Yeah I know. Australia alone would be to big to have the whole ordeal. Beside. I really think the game would gain more by taking the best and making it a bit more compact. Than something like The Crew did. Not full map of course. But still really big. And the handling psychic suffered from it.

Just as long as it's not as fenced in a 2 was. Finding weird fences way out in the bush etc took away some of the fun. So that's why im happy it's two times larger. It might not be to times bigger in physical size. But the area to drive is two times bigger. So im really looking forward to this^^

Beside. I really do think that the outback in Australia would be a bit to huge and big really. A bit to much empty space with one really long, straight road (would be great for high speed runs tho) Hopefully the demo will show the full map. Im fairly curious to how it would end up being.

#42 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:18:08 AM(UTC)
If previous Forza titles are a guide, then the Demo will most likely supply 4 different cars, in different Classes, on 4 different terrains.

Probably street circuit will be a Surfers Paradise, the local suburb will be Byron Bay, the off road sand areas would be the 12 Apposiles and the outback would be out in the Yarra Valley areas??

That covers all 4 different car types, location, classes, and they'll probably do one with a night time selection, and possibly a rain one in any of those areas mention.

Again, giving ppl a tast of what the game will be like.

Demos are meant to encourage ppl to buy, to satisfy current gamers into upgrading. As current users are going to do that even without a demo, but new ppl to the franchise due to advertising, especially here in Australia will need a demo.

That make sense...?

OZ
#43 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:32:36 AM(UTC)
If previous Forza titles are a guide, then the Demo will most likely supply 4 different cars, in different Classes, on 4 different terrains.

Probably street circuit will be a Surfers Paradise, the local suburb will be Byron Bay, the off road sand areas would be the 12 Apposiles and the outback would be out in the Yarra Valley areas??

That covers all 4 different car types, location, classes, and they'll probably do one with a night time selection, and possibly a rain one in any of those areas mention.

Demos are meant to encourage ppl to buy, to satisfy current gamers into upgrading. As current users are going to do that even without a demo, but new ppl to the franchise due to advertising, especially here in Australia will need a demo.

That make sense...?

OZ

Yeah I get what you mean. For me personally a demo sould be like you say. A stage format with different type of cars and terrain. Or just a small area with walls around. So you have lets say 1/8 of the map to play with for example. Just to feel it out and the car etc. A demo shouldn't be much more than that.

I have the ultimate edition anyways. So not much for me to upgrade. I know I will buy the vip package, and season pass anyways. So that package suit me well.

I am however wondering how the driving physic is. Considering that some people describe it as a bit harder compared to FH2. So just to get some small questions like that answered with a demo is really great. Both for me who will get the game. And newcommers who never tried FH game in their life. The feel of cars is really important in a game like that
#44 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 5:18:29 AM(UTC)

That make sense...?

OZ

Yeah I get what you mean. For me personally a demo sould be like you say. A stage format with different type of cars and terrain. Or just a small area with walls around. So you have lets say 1/8 of the map to play with for example. Just to feel it out and the car etc. A demo shouldn't be much more than that.

I have the ultimate edition anyways. So not much for me to upgrade. I know I will buy the vip package, and season pass anyways. So that package suit me well.

I am however wondering how the driving physic is. Considering that some people describe it as a bit harder compared to FH2. So just to get some small questions like that answered with a demo is really great. Both for me who will get the game. And newcommers who never tried FH game in their life. The feel of cars is really important in a game like that

With regards to your comment about "others" saying that the driving physics are harder than H2... Are these ppl that have actually played the game in true form, not a media release item.

Media release testing demos are actually seperate micro-games designed to show off functions of the games, but they ARE NOT THE GAME.

Some developers assign a complete team to build the media demo, and it's usually started alongside the actual game, which is usually nstarted just prior to the release of upcoming title.

Some will say, "hey, how come you say that etc etc...."

Well, easily actually. I reported on games from 2005 - 2012 for my Xbox centric site, that then turned into a full Multiplatform gaming site.

And when at places like E3, we'd be told that the demo were were playing was a special mini-game showing off certain aspects, but to be mindful that a lot of things are far from finished. And that by the time the game hits shelves, many aspects of it might well play differently, so please be mindful of that when writing your previews etc etc etc.....

So have these ppl claiming that the game has harder physics, have they actually played either the proper game demo that will be released to the public. Or have they played a media release 'Preview demo'.

Just something to take into consideration when lose img to others claiming to have played the game/s..

OZ

Edited by user Saturday, July 30, 2016 5:22:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 5:31:05 AM(UTC)

That make sense...?

OZ

With regards to your comment about "others" saying that the driving physics are harder than H2... Are these ppl that have actually played the game in true form, not a media release item.

Media release testing demos are actually seperate micro-games designed to show off functions of the games, but they ARE NOT THE GAME.

Some developers assign a complete team to build the media demo, and it's usually started alongside the actual game, which is usually nstarted just prior to the release of upcoming title.

Some will say, "hey, how come you say that etc etc...."

Well, easily actually. I reported on games from 2005 - 2012 for my Xbox centric site, that then turned into a full Multiplatform gaming site.

And when at places like E3, we'd be told that the demo were were playing was a special mini-game showing off certain aspects, but to be mindful that a lot of things are far from finished. And that by the time the game hits shelves,mastectomy of it might wel play differently.

So have these ppl,claiming the game is harder physics actually played either the proper game demo that will be released to the public. Or have they played a media release 'Preview demo'.

Just something to take into consideration when lose img to others claiming to have played the game/s..
OZ

I know. And that's why I want to try it out for my self. I know the demo isn't final. But it would at least give an indicator. Im more of a need to make my own opinion type of guy. What others say can make me curious of course. But I still feel like I would need to try it out myself to make a final decision.

And demos that comes just before release tend to be a bit more accurate, than the E3 demos etc. Remember I tried FM5 on a gaming convention here in Norway. It felt so slippery. Almost like FM4. And I used the P1. I don't think I tried the demo that came before the launch sadly. But it felt so much different compared to the full game.

Just hopes that the final demo before release would be fairly close to how the final product will feel. All tho I doubt it. But still. Would be fun to make my own opinion. Both on the demo and final game. Just get some clues to how the game will be would be great :D
#46 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 5:50:51 AM(UTC)
Very wise and a very mature way of looking at things. Sadly many gamers want perfection, even from a demo. Or take remarks made about a game that's come from a media demo as being gospel.

Or they rant and rave about how the demo is rubbish or similar wording that's more explicit (hehehe)... And are not open to discussion that it's not representing the final game.

Game demos are often completed before their release date, and often well before the 'Crunch team' has polished the game. So there's often a decent overlap between when the demo lands, and when it was actually finished, and the difference time wise regarding the game actually 'Going Gold'....

Your approach is how many should approach a demo. Knowing that it's NOT a true representation of the game, as the game is still bring polished before being presented to,the censors for approval and reviewing the Golden Stamp of approval.

That's when the games finished. Provided of course that they don't have areas they need to add extra polish to, or alter in order to attain that approval.

Each lodgement of a game for certification cost around $10k I believe. And that price has no doubt risen since I used to do write-ups. And someimes each country's censorship rules require certain things,,so the game is often cutting it close to the wire with regards to release.

But once that Gold award is given, it's all over, and ready to go into the wild.

OZ
#47 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 11:45:26 PM(UTC)
Hi I hope there will be a demo for fh3
#48 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 1:19:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Veneno LP750 Go to Quoted Post

I trust you read the beginning of the thread.? Or at least this page. Because if you had, you'd have read thet there's a high likelihood that it'll arrive on the 13, which is 14 days prior to release on the 27th. Not sure if yo were just being funny, or just not bothered to read the thread. Or simply just making a statement.

Sometimes it's best to be a little more specific when making posts. Im sure you'll be happy once the game is released on the 27th and you'll be able to explore the great Australian outback. Well, sort of. Lol.

Cheers.... OZ
#49 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 3:23:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Veneno LP750 Go to Quoted Post

I trust you read the beginning of the thread.? Or at least this page. Because if you had, you'd have read thet there's a high likelihood that it'll arrive on the 13, which is 14 days prior to release on the 27th. Not sure if yo were just being funny, or just not bothered to read the thread. Or simply just making a statement.

Sometimes it's best to be a little more specific when making posts. Im sure you'll be happy once the game is released on the 27th and you'll be able to explore the great Australian outback. Well, sort of. Lol.

Cheers.... OZ

OZ. Maybe it will come a few days before that? Considering ultimate edition have early release. So the demo might come even earlier than the 13th
#50 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 3:56:13 AM(UTC)
Or maybe they will change up the whole demo release date and make it even earlier :)

(I can dream)
35 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error