35 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#626 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:03:00 PM(UTC)
Well done for not giving PC users a playable demo to test Forza Horizon 3 how it performs....
Well done in investing on our money asking for blind faith ...
Forza Horizon can be played at 4k resolution if am not mistaken ? Is there a console out there at the moment wich offers true 4k resolutions???
So why not give a damn demo to PC users ???....Am gonna remove my preorder just for that.
Why trust something without having a taste of it /......And dont even bother say about Apex...it's a horrible title conserning graphics optimisation
and i really dont want to think Horizon 3 will be based on how well Apex performs.....

So where is the PC DEMO VERSION ???....no 100$ for u guys for a product that i dont know if it works,thank you for investing on PC gaming with such low service
 1 user liked this post.
#627 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:12:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ImperiousStout Go to Quoted Post
It's a shame that the demo is coming later than the official release date given the issues past UWP releases have had on launch, and that the Xbox One demo is playable right now.

A small release of content like this demo running in the same engine could help them fix any glaring incompatibilities and issues on a wide range of system configs before release. Holding it back gives no confidence that the PC version will be competent, especially when pointing to Apex as a method of comparison with all the problems it had and the major differences in both types of game, but thanks for finally saying something!

Yeah, it's astonishing that they're, by not releasing a PC demo before release, pointing us to use Apex (which has been widely reported to be riddled with optimization problems) as the benchmark for running Forza games on PC.

I only want a demo to confirm that hey, FH3 wouldn't be as bad as people saying Apex is. Apparently that's too much of a request.
I was raised on Gran Turismo, but hey, Polyphony doesn't want my money anymore.
#628 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:23:41 PM(UTC)
After spending 2 hours on the demo i can say: WELL DONE (so far).
Feels like H2,looks like a new level of awesomeness and i'm curious of the co-op career and the other features of the full version.
I feel sorry for the PC users,but we old console freaks and forzaheads gonna have much fun on the X1.

Vandalism/Forza Artists/Forza Showrooms/APEX RACING GT/Digital Motorsports on facebook...

#629 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:41:42 PM(UTC)
Is this Demo the actual beginning of the game? The big thing is the part where we get to choose a BMW, Ute, Mustang or Nissan. I was planning on pre ordering the Deluxe Edition and drive around in the Ford GT race car, But if I get own a Mustang right off the bat, I'll drive in that over anything offered in the Deluxe Edition and I can save myself $20.
 1 user liked this post.
#630 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:55:30 PM(UTC)
Y'all knocked it out of the park. It doesn't feel like H2 -- it's SOOO much better. In H2, there was a hint of a difference in the driving characteristics from one terrain to the next. Now it's distinct and the graphics are there to boot. Well done, developers!!
 2 users liked this post.
#631 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 10:01:48 PM(UTC)
First things first, I'm seeing an insane amount of hatred going on here towards Playground and Turn10 for not releasing a PC demo along side the console. Why? The demo will be released so if your THAT apprehensive about buying the game, just wait and get your fingers away from your ergonomic keyboard.

On to the real part of the post. This demo. Oh my sweet tuxedo shirt wearing baby jesus. This game had me drooling all over my controller. The game feels amazing. Driving the cars was a ton of fun (in yet to play with the Moosetang and the Maloo). The way they feel is just incredible. A lot more sim-ish than Horizon 2 IMO. What got me though was the level of detail in eeeeeeverything. I could go to the beach, hop in drone or photo mode and count the grains of sand. COUNT GRAINS OF SAND! This is just incredible. I took some screenshots and sent them to friends of mine and the replies were "WHERE ARE YOU!?" And they were equally as shocked when I said it was a screencap from a video game. A CONSOLE video game! Drone mode was a blast and I'm going to spend some serious time working on mastering the controls of the drone before early release so I can get some great cinematic shots to put together for my YouTube channel. The fact that it's not just a silly feature but something that's suuuuper functional is just a huge plus for me. Helping me find barn finds AND helping me create some excellent Forza Horizon 3 videos, that's just a huge win!

1000000000/10 would recommend.
Forza Faithful Since May 3rd, 2005
Former technician
 1 user liked this post.
#632 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 10:16:12 PM(UTC)
Demo of Forza Horizon 3 is awesome. Firstly, there aren't any invisible walls, restricting playing area (I mean forests etc - you can do seriously offroad).
And secondly, developers introduced some improvements that was expected by Forza players for a long time - customizable license plates, avatar and e.g in full version - the auction hall.
Overall I didn't even expected It would be better than Horizon 2 (partly because of left side traffic), but it is.
The climate is thing, that you can't feel watching videos on youtube. I loved that moment, racing with La Ferrari on a straight, wide road with steps around.
I was wondering If order Ultimate Box Edition before, but now I think that's a good idea.
I am only thinking how the economics will be in that part of franchise, because in Horizon 2 it wasn't very good and only Forza Rewards were saving the situation (1600000 monthly).
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#633 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 10:17:57 PM(UTC)
To all PC players, believe me I have a lot of sympathy with the situation you are in and I expressed that in this thread a bunch of pages earlier too. But the situation is what it is and it's kinda take it or leave it. There are 3 options if you are interested in the game :

1) You already pre-ordered. Then you are probably confident enough your system can run the game at launch or early access.
2) You didn't preorder yet and you are confident your system can run the game. Then you can preorder already and join for launch or early access.
3) You didn't preorder yet and you have doubts your system can run the demo. I would suggest to wait until the demo is released before buying the game. And I do know this is not fun since a) that demo date is not set in stone yet and b) you miss out on early access (and even release date) and a pre-order car.

Still I know it's not fun to not being able to play the demo now while XBox players can and are so enthousiastic about the game. I would be sad as well if it was the other way around and only a PC demo was released yesterday with no news from the XBox.

I also hope Helios if you read this that situation 3 is a very unhappy situation to be in, as soon as you guys have a target date for that PC demo, please communicate it to the PC players! Communication is crucial and it is something Turn 10 has been lacking in big times in the past. I honestly ask: why? Why always this secrecy? Is it really that hard to announce a week earlier that yesterday at 7 PM CET the demo would be out for XBox and that Brian would play it on Twitch? And that the PC demo would be released later? Even if you can't hold a promised release date it's okay to delay it if the game isn't finished yet. Good news and bad news is still much better than no news at all. I would have hoped that with the new PC playerbase added and the possibility of loads of new Forza players that you guys would have matured in this aspect but it seems it's still the same old Turn 10 that doesn't communicate ahead to their fanbase. Really sad...
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#634 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 10:29:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
To all PC players, believe me I have a lot of sympathy with the situation you are in and I expressed that in this thread a bunch of pages earlier too. But the situation is what it is and it's kinda take it or leave it. There are 3 options if you are interested in the game :

1) You already pre-ordered. Then you are probably confident enough your system can run the game at launch or early access.
2) You didn't preorder yet and you are confident your system can run the game. Then you can preorder already and join for launch or early access.
3) You didn't preorder yet and you have doubts your system can run the demo. I would suggest to wait until the demo is released before buying the game. And I do know this is not fun since a) that demo date is not set in stone yet and b) you miss out on early access (and even release date) and a pre-order car.

Still I know it's not fun to not being able to play the demo now while XBox players can and are so enthousiastic about the game. I would be sad as well if it was the other way around and only a PC demo was released yesterday with no news from the XBox.

I also hope Helios if you read this that situation 3 is a very unhappy situation to be in, as soon as you guys have a target date for that PC demo, please communicate it to the PC players! Communication is crucial and it is something Turn 10 has been lacking in big times in the past. I honestly ask: why? Why always this secrecy? Is it really that hard to announce a week earlier that yesterday at 7 PM CET the demo would be out for XBox and that Brian would play it on Twitch? And that the PC demo would be released later? Even if you can't hold a promised release date it's okay to delay it if the game isn't finished yet. Good news and bad news is still much better than no news at all. I would have hoped that with the new PC playerbase added and the possibility of loads of new Forza players that you guys would have matured in this aspect but it seems it's still the same old Turn 10 that doesn't communicate ahead to their fanbase. Really sad...

I gotta say, there are many developers and studios that love to use the silent treatment, but probably Turn 10 is probably one of the worst ones I have seen. I may not have owned an Xbox console at all (I was close to owning one many years ago as a kid, though that doesn't matter), but that doesn't mean I didn't read about Forza games in the past. This kind of practice has to stop and I'm wondering nobody cared back then and only now when PC users are demanding the demo (just like me) we are being told to be quiet and respect longtime Xbox players. I doubtfully think that's fair in any way...
#635 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 11:37:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AlcatraxSVK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post

I gotta say, there are many developers and studios that love to use the silent treatment, but probably Turn 10 is probably one of the worst ones I have seen. I may not have owned an Xbox console at all (I was close to owning one many years ago as a kid, though that doesn't matter), but that doesn't mean I didn't read about Forza games in the past. This kind of practice has to stop and I'm wondering nobody cared back then and only now when PC users are demanding the demo (just like me) we are being told to be quiet and respect longtime Xbox players. I doubtfully think that's fair in any way...

Well, I am sure we will see better PC support in the future especially with cross-play on these systems. Just be happy the Forza franchise is coming to the pc. If you were a die hard forza fan or had any interest in the forza series, you would have bought a console by now, having it on the pc is just a bonus for us veterans. I will agree that the wheel support has been terrible and I think the forza series especially the motorsport section needs to understand that the pc has way more sim players and now will be competing with iracing and others in the genre which have nailed the steering wheel mechanics.

Edited by user Monday, September 12, 2016 11:38:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 3/7/2045 11:34:05 AM(UTC)
#636 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 11:41:44 PM(UTC)
EDIT --> Forum Mods, please remove this post as I've put it into the appropriate thread.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:29:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#637 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 11:58:22 PM(UTC)
Cannot believe people are complaining about the traffic direction!
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 3/7/2045 11:34:05 AM(UTC)
#638 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:30:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nakamuramartin Go to Quoted Post
Cannot believe people are complaining about the traffic direction!

Not complaining, need to get used to it that's all.

2 users liked this post.
#639 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:48:30 AM(UTC)
Cant believe there will be no demo until after the launch... what is the point of that! I thought this was a play anywhere title? not filling me with confidence that there is no demo on PC, bet that is because the 'play anywhere is broke' and we will find out the hard way on launch and be told 'please be patient while we work on a fix'. fantastic move not testing the stability of your game on a new platform that you haven't shipped to before!
#640 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:29:55 AM(UTC)
#641 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:10:49 AM(UTC)
Hey guys. Iam getting my xbox one s on 22 sept. So csn you plz answer me 2 questions

1::: hows the physics/handling compared to horizon 2? Is there still some snap oversteer or countersteer with weight shift while drifting or driving in curves over bumps.. can you still feel the loose rear over bumps. are the cars still taking some time to master? Because i like challenging card. I remember the hennessy in horizon 2. I hope in FH3 its not like that, that you could drive a 1000rwhp at full limit with tcs and smt off (normal steering) without any errors or the car not beeing twichty and scary.

2::: can somebody plz try something out for me. Take a car you want, drive offside the street (forrest or bumby terrain) shift in cockpit view and take the steering straight.... is there still the hand/steering wheel shaking effect? Because it would look unrealistic if they took it out. Its a nice little touch and immersion see the vibrations going through the driver .

Thank you all
#642 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:20:40 AM(UTC)
Not releasing a PC demo is a ridiculous move. The more ridiculous move is to release it after the launch. Who need it then? Those players who didn't pre-order? So until that time they will be able to see tons of videos of the PC version on different systems with tons of feedback.

PC players paid the same price for a game so they can demand for a demo as well. And if we are talking about a demo, then the platform that is definitely need a demo is a PC, not XB1. All the logic laws are telling that. It's simple to understand why.
#643 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:21:19 AM(UTC)
My guess for the PC demo situation is that the PC version of the game is not fully finished yet and they are still 100% busy working on it for launch day, with no time to make a demo until sometime after release.

Other theory is that they feel releasing a PC demo now would reflect badly on sales/preorders and the product. Because there *will* be issues given the unlimited combination of hardware/graphic drivers etc.
No AAA PC game launch these days without at least some users having issues, more or less severe. It is impossible. The day a PC game is released to the masses, is the day the real beta test begins. There is no way to fully test a game without having zillions of gamers hammer your game in every possible way. And that's where a beta demo would have been useful on PC. I suppose this was Forza Apex purpose, although that does not say much about how FH3 will perform and eventual bugs.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:24:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#644 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:25:33 AM(UTC)
Hello drivers, i need help with a question about demo (i am a pc user).
I like this kind of cockpit view you can see in this E3 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKeZ61I_zs

Forwarded seat, incresed FOV, no wheel, no hands. Just a bit of dashboard.
Is there ACTUALLY this view in the game? Or they tricked us at E3?

Thanks!
#645 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:46:10 AM(UTC)
Hey guys. Iam getting my xbox one s on 22 sept. So csn you plz answer me 2 questions

1::: hows the physics/handling compared to horizon 2? Is there still some snap oversteer or countersteer with weight shift while drifting or driving in curves over bumps.. can you still feel the loose rear over bumps. are the cars still taking some time to master? Because i like challenging card. I remember the hennessy in horizon 2. I hope in FH3 its not like that, that you could drive a 1000rwhp at full limit with tcs and smt off (normal steering) without any errors or the car not beeing twichty and scary.

2::: can somebody plz try something out for me. Take a car you want, drive offside the street (forrest or bumby terrain) shift in cockpit view and take the steering straight.... is there still the hand/steering wheel shaking effect? Because it would look unrealistic if they took it out. Its a nice little touch and immersion see the vibrations going through the driver .

Thanks
#646 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:50:34 AM(UTC)
Positive:
- Cars look beautiful, so does the environment while going fast, but .. (more on graphics in 'negative')

- Car handling feels nice for an aracde-ish racer

- Good implementation of driving through water physics

- Good new implementation of ANNA, more accessible and you can choose your own name!

- Festival looks and sounds awesome

Negative:
- AI feels clumsy and childish. Bumping into you (or each other) while racing as if they're lions in a cage fight. They also bump into you while standing still either on, half on/off or beside the road.

- Vegetation, especially some rock and leaves look terrible. Like I said above, while driving, it all looks astounding. It's hard to enjoy the scenery while standing still though as rocks have edged shapes and pixels from leaves float all over my screen.

- New clouds look very detailed, although in combination with my previous remark, it looks stupid. As if real clouds are pasted onto a 'fake' world (because of the pixels and draw distance).

- Wheel support is rubbish (already being discussed in another thread)

Will provide more feedback as I'm playing it again now.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:51:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#647 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:27:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T0NAZ Go to Quoted Post
Hello drivers, i need help with a question about demo (i am a pc user).
I like this kind of cockpit view you can see in this E3 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKeZ61I_zs

Forwarded seat, incresed FOV, no wheel, no hands. Just a bit of dashboard.
Is there ACTUALLY this view in the game? Or they tricked us at E3?

Thanks!

That view is not in the counsel version of the demo,wish it was. Who knows if it will be in pc, if it is I see no reason it can't be on xbox as well.
Thrustmaster TX on a homemade wooden frame on Xbox one

40" Samsung TV on a Slider to adjust for using dash view

#648 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:37:01 AM(UTC)
Actually there is a reason for consoles: framerates.
Higher fovs = bigger performance costs.
Costs a Xone can't afford.
But a PC do.
Will PC version have more settings? Who knows. Personally i am quite sure it wont.
The point here is that they showed at E3 something tricky.
#649 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:39:57 AM(UTC)
All you ignorant PC gamers that are complaining should just shut up and be grateful that your even getting the game in the first place.
#650 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:41:26 AM(UTC)
Is there any way to enable the HDR function in the Horizon 3 demo? My television is HDR enabled but there is no way to get it to work with the demo... Netflix etc is no worries, the demo however...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:13:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

35 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error