5 Pages12345PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 8:57:25 AM(UTC)
Just an FYI when choosing to pre-order, this does not apply to physical copies:

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Are Xbox Play Anywhere games digital only or also disc games?

Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games. Xbox Play Anywhere games can be purchased in the Xbox Store, the Windows Store, or via a digital code at participating retailers.

How does Xbox Play Anywhere work?

When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game through the Xbox Store or the Windows Store, it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. To take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere, you will need to have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update on your PC, as well as the latest update on your Xbox One console. Then, simply log into your Xbox Live/Microsoft account and your Xbox Play Anywhere games will be available to download.
#52 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:37:40 AM(UTC)
Now that Forza Horizon 3 is coming to PC i was wondering if i can play it without owning a XBOX.
#53 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 7:06:40 AM(UTC)
Sure, as long as you've bought the digital version it's playable on pc without an xbox, I've done the exact same :)
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 7:53:41 AM(UTC)
No need for Xbox to play on PC, just meet the Requirements listed here:
http://forums.forzamotor...e---FAQ.aspx#post_543812

and make sure, you buy the digital Version!
Intel i7 5960X
Asus X99 Deluxe
16GB Avexir Platinum DDR4-2400 RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX1080 FTW Hybrid
Asus PG348Q Monitor
#55 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:08:07 AM(UTC)
Is it possible to play on the xbox and PC at the same time? Lets say I want to race my son or something. Or do I need to get two copies for that.
#56 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:10:59 AM(UTC)
You'd need a copy for each platform, I figure.
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#57 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:34:05 AM(UTC)
It's a play anywhere title so i'm pretty sure you buy once and can play across both platforms simultaneously
#58 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:34:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post
You'd need a copy for each platform, I figure.

Two copies and two Microsoft/Xbox accounts, to be precise.
I was raised on Gran Turismo, but hey, Polyphony doesn't want my money anymore.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:46:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crimsoneagle73 Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to play on the xbox and PC at the same time? Lets say I want to race my son or something. Or do I need to get two copies for that.

See the FAQ section at the end ...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#60 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:38:46 AM(UTC)
Nope you cant..or not on the same profile anyway
You could use the owners profile on the pc while using a different profile on the xbone using console game sharing

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:40:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 10:53:19 AM(UTC)
Xbox has released a brief video tutorial showing where to go on in the Windows Store and on the dashboard to download Play Anywhere games to your PC and console:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoW3vhCPOlM

http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-play-anywhere/

Everything You Need to Know About Xbox Play Anywhere
by Will Tuttle, Xbox Wire Editor in Chief Posted on September 15, 2016 at 2:00 pm

When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game through the Xbox Store or the Windows Store, it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. To take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere, you will need to have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update on your PC, as well as the latest update on your Xbox One console. Then, simply log into your Xbox Live/Microsoft account and your Xbox Play Anywhere games will be available to download.

How can I purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere Title?

With Xbox Play Anywhere, it doesn’t matter which platform you buy the game for. You can either pre-order or purchase digitally on Xbox One or Windows 10. As long as you are using the same Microsoft Account (specifically, the email address you use to sign into Windows and Xbox) on both platforms, you can purchase on either and play on both.

Where can I buy Xbox Play Anywhere titles?

Since Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games, there are multiple Store destinations that will offer Xbox Play Anywhere titles for purchase:
  • Your Xbox One console
  • The Xbox App (Windows 10, iOS, Android)
  • The Windows Store
  • Xbox.com
  • Microsoft.com
  • Digital Game Codes from participating retailers

Does Xbox Play Anywhere cost extra?

No. When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game, the ability to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC is included at no additional charge.

Can I be signed into the same game on Xbox One and my Windows 10 PC?

At any single point in time, you may only sign into the game on one Xbox One console or one Windows 10 PC. You cannot be signed into the same game on both platforms at the same time.

Can my game progress, downloadable content, Gamerscore and Achievements be accessed on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs?

Yes. When you play an Xbox Play Anywhere game, your game progress, DLC (including add-ons, Season Passes, consumables and in-game unlocks), Gamerscore and Achievements are all saved on Xbox Live, so you can pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC.

#62 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 9:20:35 PM(UTC)
So I am not sure if this has been addressed with "play anywhere" and cannot find an answer. If I have Forza installed on my Xbox and windows PC, can my son log in on his account on the home xbox, and I play my account on the PC so we can play together? Microsoft states that you cant be logged into the game at the same time, but I cant find if that is associated with the game, or the xbox live account. Any help in clearing this up would be great. Cheers
#63 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:35:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SoberDriver5050 Go to Quoted Post
So I am not sure if this has been addressed with "play anywhere" and cannot find an answer. If I have Forza installed on my Xbox and windows PC, can my son log in on his account on the home xbox, and I play my account on the PC so we can play together? Microsoft states that you cant be logged into the game at the same time, but I cant find if that is associated with the game, or the xbox live account. Any help in clearing this up would be great. Cheers

The answer I've seen given to this question is no you can't do that as the game is tied to the purchasers account. To play the game you need to be signed in to your account. If your son logs in on his account he won't get access to the game because it's on your account. And as MS says you can't be logged into the same account on both machines at the same time either. The only way around this is to buy two copies unfortunately, one on your account, one on his. It would have been nice for those that can use it to have some form of local play between PC and Xbox, even if it was offline.
#64 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:14:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Play Anywhere Q&A

Threads merged to assist on clarifying Xbox Play Anywhere features.
See the Cross-Play thread for discussion about Xbox vs. PC multiplayer.

Official page and FAQ: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game through the Xbox Store or the Windows Store [or via a digital code at participating retailers], it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. To take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere, you will need to have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update on your PC, as well as the latest update on your Xbox One console. Then, simply log into your Xbox Live/Microsoft account and your Xbox Play Anywhere games will be available to download.

Does Xbox Play Anywhere cost extra?
No, there is no additional cost for Xbox Play Anywhere. When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game, the ability to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC is included at no additional charge.

At any single point in time, you may only sign into the game on one Xbox One console or one Windows 10 PC. You cannot be signed into the same game on both an Xbox One console and a Windows 10 PC at the same time.

Will my game progress be saved on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs?
Yes. When you play an Xbox Play Anywhere game, your game progress is saved on Xbox Live. So, you can pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you.

Will downloadable content for Xbox Play Anywhere games also be playable on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC?
Yes. Downloadable content that you buy or earn for an Xbox Play Anywhere game that you own will also be playable on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. This includes game add-ons, Season Passes, consumables and in-game unlocks.

Will I earn Gamerscore and Achievements twice if I play the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC?
A single shared set of Gamerscore and Achievements will be earned and awarded for Xbox Play Anywhere games.

Are Xbox Play Anywhere games digital only or also disc games?
Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games. Xbox Play Anywhere games can be purchased in the Xbox Store, the Windows Store, or via a digital code at participating retailers.

Forum questions and additional info

Accounts: The official FAQ does not seem to address sharing across accounts, but it would appear that the free PC version with Play Anywhere is only available to the account that purchased the digital version.

Q: If you purchase a Windows Store version after having played a disc version on the console, will paid DLC connect between the two? Per the FAQ, previously purchased DLC should be available on both platforms since DLC is tied to your Microsoft account.

Q: Can I play on PC if I don't own an Xbox? Yes. To do this purchase the game through the Xbox App for Windows or Windows Store app (microsoft.com) or even a retailer that sells the digital code version of the game. To manage pre-order and installation in the Windows Store, and to play on PC, you will need to install the Windows Anniversary Update.

Edited by user Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:19:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: deleted reply because of the OP cleared things up.

#65 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:18:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WoolenRacer Go to Quoted Post
About the play anywhere can I play the game on Xbox one and at the same time can my brother play it on his laptop while the game is bought by one person?

Only playable at ONE time on Xbox OR on a PC
Intel i7 5960X
Asus X99 Deluxe
16GB Avexir Platinum DDR4-2400 RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX1080 FTW Hybrid
Asus PG348Q Monitor
#66 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:20:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Play Anywhere Q&A

At any single point in time, you may only sign into the game on one Xbox One console or one Windows 10 PC. You cannot be signed into the same game on both an Xbox One console and a Windows 10 PC at the same time.
User is suspended until 3/6/2044 4:22:35 AM(UTC)
#67 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 4:24:35 AM(UTC)
Hi,

Someone pls clarify my doubt on sharing this game with my friend. My friend have an Xbox One and i have a PC. Lets say i buy the Digital version "Play Anywhere" on PC. Is it possible for him to download the game on his console using my MS account, then signout from my account, login with his account and still play the game by Family Sharing or any other method there is? In this case can we both play online together with different progress level?

If this can be done, we need to buy only 1 copy and share the price.

Thanks

Edited by user Sunday, September 18, 2016 4:58:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 4:29:15 AM(UTC)
Pretty sure the family sharing scheme works only for Xbox to Xbox accounts, so I don't think it would work. I could be wrong.

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#69 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 6:51:32 AM(UTC)
could be a stupid question:
i got a live account i used with my old 360. i do not have a Xone.
can i buy the xone version (it is cheaper in my country), but then play it on pc only?
#70 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 8:51:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T0NAZ Go to Quoted Post
could be a stupid question:
i got a live account i used with my old 360. i do not have a Xone.
can i buy the xone version (it is cheaper in my country), but then play it on pc only?
you have to buy Play Anywhere version (Digital PC)

#71 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:18:54 PM(UTC)
Hi all you knowledgable Forza fans. This might be a silly question but I was wondering if I have to buy more than 1 copy of Forza H 3 as my brother wants to play the game with me on his PC and me on XBOX ONE. I was just wondering can we play together simultaniously on 1 purchase or is it just MY ACCOUNT that can be played on both formats separately????? PLEASE HELP??!!!!! Cant wait 5 days it seems like forever.
#72 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 1:06:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wideload1971 Go to Quoted Post

The answer I've seen given to this question is no you can't do that as the game is tied to the purchasers account. To play the game you need to be signed in to your account. If your son logs in on his account he won't get access to the game because it's on your account. And as MS says you can't be logged into the same account on both machines at the same time either. The only way around this is to buy two copies unfortunately, one on your account, one on his. It would have been nice for those that can use it to have some form of local play between PC and Xbox, even if it was offline.

Currently I can share games on my "home" xbox one, with members listed in my family on the xbox, and they share my gold subscription. Currently it means we can both play Forza Horizons 2 unrestricted, although not together. Does this mean all this will change in "Play Anywhere" games?
#73 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:12:47 PM(UTC)
Think you need to read between the lines since game sharing is not an official thing

You can't be signed into the SAME account and play the game at the same time
#74 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:12:15 PM(UTC)

Currently I can share games on my "home" xbox one, with members listed in my family on the xbox, and they share my gold subscription. Currently it means we can both play Forza Horizons 2 unrestricted, although not together. Does this mean all this will change in "Play Anywhere" games?

The Question is, since you added your son in "family sharing", he should be able to play the game when he signs even though you purchased it right? And at the same time, you can play in PC with you signed in, is that correct? Pls Clarify

#75 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 10:09:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Expendble Go to Quoted Post

The Question is, since you added your son in "family sharing", he should be able to play the game when he signs even though you purchased it right? And at the same time, you can play in PC with you signed in, is that correct? Pls Clarify

Yes that is exactly the question. ;)
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error