7 Pages1234>>PrevNext
Rank: Racing Permit
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:02:48 AM(UTC)
I hope it will use the GPU more. Apex is barely playable for me even though I have a GTX 970. Seems to rely too much on the CPU.
Rank: Driver's License
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:10:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlastThyName Go to Quoted Post
I would assume 16gb of RAM, any recent I7 and a 980 will do the job for 1080p/60fps using settings relatively close to the Xbox One.
For 4K this is going to be very difficult, I don't see a single 980ti cutting it for 60fps.

What makes you say that ? A 970 struggling should not surprise anyone, after all it has its limitations like any other piece of silicon.
There are many well optimized games where a 970 can't deliver a stable 60fps using the highest settings.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:46:38 AM(UTC)
No system requirements yet. I just hope the game actually uses all your rig! Forza 6 apex dosen't even let you use more than two cores as far as I know (or multiple Graphics cards) My PC should be running apex fine, but instead I get constant stutters.
Rank: Racing Permit
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 11:29:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrTUN3R Go to Quoted Post
I hope it will use the GPU more. Apex is barely playable for me even though I have a GTX 970. Seems to rely too much on the CPU.


That's interesting. What's your other specs? I got 970 too and i can run it maxed out with 8xMSAA at solid 60 fps. It's 900p though, hence my monitor.
And it's obviously gonna be much more CPU demanding game, since it's open world oposite to small Apex tracks.

Edited by user Sunday, June 19, 2016 11:30:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:08:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlastThyName Go to Quoted Post
I would assume 16gb of RAM, any recent I7 and a 980 will do the job for 1080p/60fps using settings relatively close to the Xbox One.
For 4K this is going to be very difficult, I don't see a single 980ti cutting it for 60fps.


980Ti can do 60fps in 4K just not stable and this maybe cause of the direct port from Xbox one, that's my assumption.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:10:27 PM(UTC)
I just hope horizon 3 won't eat up an unneeded amount of VRAM like apex.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#32 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:14:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WASIM05 Go to Quoted Post
No system requirements yet. I just hope the game actually uses all your rig! Forza 6 apex dosen't even let you use more than two cores as far as I know (or multiple Graphics cards) My PC should be running apex fine, but instead I get constant stutters.


This!!

Sucks cause some of us have decent 4K rigs and when we monitor our rigs forza does not use full GPU or CPU, especially CPU at least APEX doesn't.

Really hope playground games optimized horizon for SLi and for horizon to utilize more cores
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#33 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:18:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WASIM05 Go to Quoted Post
I just hope horizon 3 won't eat up an unneeded amount of VRAM like apex.


Most likely will. Killer instinct and quantum break are the same eating up ram.

Go look on newegg.com ram there is cheap especially DDR4 kits.

I got 32gb of DDR3 ram for $139, corsair too

Edited by user Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:18:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#34 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 2:56:25 PM(UTC)
Hopefully they further improve FM6 Apex and FH3 optimization. It is smooth 99% of the time, but once every couple races the game will just freeze for like 3 seconds before resuming. I used to get constant stuttering on every non-daylight track but that seems to be gone now. It also freezes on loading a race once in a while as well.

i5 3570k (no OC)
GTX 970
16GB RAM

Originally Posted by: EVIL VENOM Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WASIM05 Go to Quoted Post
I just hope horizon 3 won't eat up an unneeded amount of VRAM like apex.


Most likely will. Killer instinct and quantum break are the same eating up ram.

Go look on newegg.com ram there is cheap especially DDR4 kits.

I got 32gb of DDR3 ram for $139, corsair too


VRAM ≠ RAM. Also, PCPartpicker is the best place to find computer parts/components in the US.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#35 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:24:01 PM(UTC)
i'm sure with GTX 1080 SLI you can achieve 4k 60fps.
PARTYNEXTFLOOR all rights reserved©
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:16:58 PM(UTC)
Are there any informations about the system requirements?

Yesterday I've fixed my Windows store just to find out that my (i5 3570k) processor isn't powerful enough to install and run Forza Motorsport 6 Apex.

So will Core i7 be needed to play Forza Horizon 3?

Edited by user Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:19:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#37 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:48:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
Are there any informations about the system requirements?

Yesterday I've fixed my Windows store just to find out that my (i5 3570k) processor isn't powerful enough to install and run Forza Motorsport 6 Apex.

So will Core i7 be needed to play Forza Horizon 3?



what do you mean that i5 is not enough to install apex?
i have installed and played apex with i5 2500k oc ed @ 4.6
it has no prob with apex :)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 7:56:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nafon Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully they further improve FM6 Apex and FH3 optimization. It is smooth 99% of the time, but once every couple races the game will just freeze for like 3 seconds before resuming. I used to get constant stuttering on every non-daylight track but that seems to be gone now. It also freezes on loading a race once in a while as well.

i5 3570k (no OC)
GTX 970
16GB RAM

Originally Posted by: EVIL VENOM Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WASIM05 Go to Quoted Post
I just hope horizon 3 won't eat up an unneeded amount of VRAM like apex.


Most likely will. Killer instinct and quantum break are the same eating up ram.

Go look on newegg.com ram there is cheap especially DDR4 kits.

I got 32gb of DDR3 ram for $139, corsair too


VRAM ≠ RAM. Also, PCPartpicker is the best place to find computer parts/components in the US.


you should be more than fine doing 1080p. Your specs are good.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#39 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 7:58:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PARTYNEXTFLOOR Go to Quoted Post
i'm sure with GTX 1080 SLI you can achieve 4k 60fps.


I'm sure the 980Ti can too. its doesn't run bad just not stable cause of no sli support on APEX, and when you force sli it runs like doo-doo which is the total opposite of what its supposed to do. Just hope horizon 3 supports SLi

I can run 4K now @30FPS just fine, 60FPS is buggy though

Edited by user Monday, June 20, 2016 8:05:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#40 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:00:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
Are there any informations about the system requirements?

Yesterday I've fixed my Windows store just to find out that my (i5 3570k) processor isn't powerful enough to install and run Forza Motorsport 6 Apex.

So will Core i7 be needed to play Forza Horizon 3?


That's very odd! an i5 is more than capable. something is not right.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:03:13 PM(UTC)
error 505 (mistake post move along)

Edited by user Monday, June 20, 2016 8:04:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#42 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 3:41:02 AM(UTC)
I have laptop with GeForce GT840m 4GB, 8GB RAM and i5 2.4GHz.

FM6: Apex runs good on this on high and 30FPS. Do you guys think I can play FH3?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 5:30:20 AM(UTC)
if it only runs apex at 30fps then honestly I doubt it will run well, open world games are more graphics intensive.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#44 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 7:13:10 AM(UTC)
here is a little clip of a dev talking about the pc version framerate. and hints
https://youtu.be/QBREPYTavTI?t=6m43s

"for pc we are going to be supporting a unlocked framerate, so you can go up to whatever your rig supports, up to native resolution ."

it would be nice to know if the game supports sli/crossfire support as well.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#45 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 6:40:21 PM(UTC)
I've been wondering if Forza Horizon 3 will run on a gtx 960, on whatever settings, just wanna know.
Rank: Series Champion
#46 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 2:47:26 AM(UTC)
Of course it will run on a 960. Will it run well though?...
How about listing the rest of your specs. A graphics sitting on the table will run nothing. You'll need it plugged into a motherboard, with a CPU, Ram, storage drive, soundcard, etc etc.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#47 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 4:16:35 AM(UTC)
I am glad I don't do pc gaming anymore, don't think I could face all the problems trying to get it to run right at my age. Even though it be only 30 frames and pc look far better in graphics than console, at least with console you know it work besides the glitches.

I can see if you have problems with apex running, FH3 not going to be any different, prob be worse off unless you have a pc that can run it.

Think I'll stick with the consoles for now...
Rank: Series Champion
#48 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 5:41:55 AM(UTC)
Thing is, Turn 10 have only targeted Xbox fro development. With Playground there are many veterans of racing game development that have done multi-system games, so they are probably more used to targeting console and PC, which will give PC a bit more of an effort with Horizon 3, and then Forza 7 will take that experience on board. Why do you think Apex is a free to play beta? Because they know it falls short and they just wanted feedback, both from players and from their own data pulling. I think Horizon 3 will run better on more systems cos Microsoft really need to step up their game and with a team like playground that have that multi-platform experience hopefully this'll be the Windows 10 game that gives everyone faith in the system. Because right now it's tanking. One bodged release after another and problems with file permissions that i flagged during the win 10 beta. lol.
Come on Playground, do us proud!
I'll be getting a free PC code, so i'm happy to take the plunge and report back! lol
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#49 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 1:51:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Car king 7 Go to Quoted Post
If my computer cannot run Forza Apex, will it be able to run Forza Horizon 3?
That's an unanswerable question without specs, have you tried running Apex and getting the requirements error? or does your PC actually not meet requirements for Apex because there is a bypass you can use to get past the error. As far as FH3 it will likely and hopefully be optimized on release but likely similar requirements.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 19, 2016 1:53:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Drifting in Forza from the very start.


Rank: B-Class Racing License
#50 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 4:02:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EVIL VENOM Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
Are there any informations about the system requirements?

Yesterday I've fixed my Windows store just to find out that my (i5 3570k) processor isn't powerful enough to install and run Forza Motorsport 6 Apex.

So will Core i7 be needed to play Forza Horizon 3?


That's very odd! an i5 is more than capable. something is not right.


Problem solved. When I tried to install it first it said my computer wasn't good enough. After few days it worked. Think I didn't had enough free disc space.

Anyway, we have to keep in mind that Forza Motorsport Apex is a beta version and I hope they will release Horizon 3 as final version so we can expect slightly better performance. Well at least no strange stuttering and freezing.
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error