This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 7:51:06 PM(UTC)
Hello, I wanted to find a customer tab to ask directly but I will open a topic instead.

Will it be available to pre-order on the windows store ?

If I pre-order it on the xbox store to play it on the PC, will we also get the early access on PC ?

Amazing looking game, my single disapointement is the locked 90° steering angle... we should get full lock.

Best regards.

[Mod Edit:

http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/15/everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-play-anywhere/
Where can I buy Xbox Play Anywhere titles?
Since Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games, there are multiple Store destinations that will offer Xbox Play Anywhere titles for purchase:
-Your Xbox One console
-The Xbox App (Windows 10, iOS, Android)
-The Windows Store
-Xbox.com
-Microsoft.com
-Digital Game Codes from participating retailers
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere MM]

Edited by user Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:38:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 8:23:29 PM(UTC)
I'm pretty sure if you get it on Xbox then everything crosses over with PC aswell
#3 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 8:41:39 PM(UTC)
1) Will it be available to pre-order on the windows store ?

You can buy it on the Microsoft Store, but I suspect it will be an Xbox download which you can then also download onto Windows 10. I doubt you could do it the other way round.

Brian Ekberg wrote:
That starts with Forza Horizon 3 being the first Xbox Play Anywhere game in Forza history. When you buy the digital version of Forza Horizon 3, you’ll be able to play the game on both Xbox One and on Windows 10. You can play, save your progress at any time, and pick up on the other platform.

2) If I pre-order it on the xbox store to play it on the PC, will we also get the early access on PC ?

It hasn't been said so far, but it's implicit. Seems like a Windows/Xbox crossover will be the future vision for Microsoft.

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 10:25:17 PM(UTC)
What if I don't have an Xbox in my possession to buy it on? As of right now, I don't see any way to just buy it on PC. Will I have to get someone I know to sign in for me and download it on his Xbox? The Xbox One with my account on it is with my brother 1,000km away.
#5 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 10:34:19 PM(UTC)
Yeah, seems like buying it on Windows isn't going to work - so far anyhow.

It's risky getting it in someone else's name - they'll be the owner of it and get all the benefits. You'll want to really trust your brother.

Edit: Wait a minute, if you have an account on your brother's box it could work. You'll still have to trust him with your credentials.

Edited by user Monday, June 13, 2016 10:36:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 11:45:51 PM(UTC)
Thanks everyone for some of the input.

I guess we have to wait for some official confirmation.

Talking for myself, I want to buy the windows 10 version and I want to get the ultimate edition. Now for the moment the W10 version isn't on pre-order... so I hope that's coming.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:00:22 AM(UTC)
To get the Ultimate Edition on PC will I need to buy the Ultimate Edition from Xbox market place for the Xbox one then I will get it on my Windows 10 Xbox app for free or will I be able to Preorder Ultimate Edition through the Windows store at a later date anyone know?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:03:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:01:51 AM(UTC)
all we know, is they said "buy it once and play it on both XB1 and Windows 10"...
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:30:18 AM(UTC)
Buy once, play on both is the word so far and it is being offered on both the store and the Xbox dashboard, with different car bonus. It does have to be the digital version not the physical copy in order to play on both platforms.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:45:54 AM(UTC)
"Talking for myself, I want to buy the windows 10 version and I want to get the ultimate edition. Now for the moment the W10 version isn't on pre-order... so I hope that's coming."

There is no Windows 10 version versus Xbox version. If you buy the digital download it will work on both platforms automatically. The difference is if you get it on the Windows store or the Xbox dashboard the bonus car is different.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 1:56:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Dinklewood Go to Quoted Post
"Talking for myself, I want to buy the windows 10 version and I want to get the ultimate edition. Now for the moment the W10 version isn't on pre-order... so I hope that's coming."

There is no Windows 10 version versus Xbox version. If you buy the digital download it will work on both platforms automatically. The difference is if you get it on the Windows store or the Xbox dashboard the bonus car is different.

I don't have xbox one, but if i buy forza horizon 3 DVD or Digital version, can i play it on windows 10 ? and do i need xbox live to play online on windows 10 ? and will microsoft annouce that forza horizon 3 coming to windows 10 with DVD version ?
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:06:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Dinklewood Go to Quoted Post

So you're telling me I can just go on xbox.com and buy the digital ultimate version on it and then I just wait for it to be available on the windows store to download the game ?

If yes than it begs for two question to be answered:

- will we be able to get also the early access on PC
- there is a fine print that says "this offer is only available for customers who pre-purchase the digital version of forza horizon 3 via xbox" (talking about the rockstar energy pack and the meguiars car pack). So even if purchased on xbox.com will it also be on PC ? and by xbox they mean xbox.com or directly on the console...

There is way too much confusion going on...
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:15:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FORZATR3VORR Go to Quoted Post

I think this is all we can be sure of at this stage.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:16:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:49:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FORZATR3VORR Go to Quoted Post

I think this is all we can be sure of at this stage.

Yeah...:/ I have a bad feeling that these two packs won't be available on the PC. You can download them only if you play the xbox version.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:12:36 PM(UTC)
Um.. Did you:
Brian Ekberg wrote:
Note that players who purchase any digital bundle of Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox will also receive two car packs available immediately for use in previous Forza games – the Rockstar Energy Car Pack from Forza Horizon 2 and the Meguiar’s Car Pack from Forza Motorsport 6.

If you've already bought the two packs then it's no great loss. Both packs were part of the Car Pass - the last of their respective series released in March of '15 and '16.

They're not FH3 car packs!

1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:16:54 PM(UTC)

You can buy it on the Microsoft Store, but I suspect it will be an Xbox download which you can then also download onto Windows 10. I doubt you could do it the other way round.

The only sensible way to handle this, in my opinion, is the game just being tied to your account. You basically get the license tied to your account and are then able to download the game onto your Windows 10 device or your Xbox.

A solution that requires you to have access to an Xbox seems iffy, I'd say, with how the game's being advertised now. Requiring an Xbox One when that's not outright stated to be the case ought to create some huge backlash (and a lot of traffic at Ganestop and the like, so People can use their consoles to circumvent actually buying an Xbox), I guess.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:26:22 PM(UTC)
Um.. Did you:
Brian Ekberg wrote:
Note that players who purchase any digital bundle of Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox will also receive two car packs available immediately for use in previous Forza games – the Rockstar Energy Car Pack from Forza Horizon 2 and the Meguiar’s Car Pack from Forza Motorsport 6.

If you've already bought the two packs then it's no great loss. Both packs were part of the Car Pass - the last of their respective series released in March of '15 and '16.

They're not FH3 car packs!

Interesting, I did not see that, the way it was presented made me think it was for FH3. Ok ok so that's one confusion off the list. Much appreciated thank you.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:46:34 AM(UTC)
I am just going to wait for it to be available to buy on win10 store since I don't want to take any risks buying it for xbox since I don't have an xbox one.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:46:31 AM(UTC)
So, I do not own an xbox one because i wasn't happy with the poor performance and have switched to pc. I was just wondering if i can buy this game through xbox store app on my pc and not need an Xbox one. Also i was wondering if I'll need gold to play co-op on pc.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 12:01:03 PM(UTC)
I believe the answer to both your questions is yes.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 12:40:48 PM(UTC)
The truth is that so far all we have to go on is what was said at the E3 Press Briefing a couple of days ago which was very little indeed. I think you're going to have to wait for a reliable answer to these questions.

Edit: Looks like you just have to buy it on your Xbox Live account and download it onto your Windows machine.

Phil Spencer wrote:
We want you to be able to buy one copy of the game that works through your Xbox Live account on both Windows 10 and Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnNF50bUCU

Edited by user Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:16:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:53:22 PM(UTC)
So i used to play every forza game on xbox 360 up until horizon 2 and forza 4. around that time, i got into PC gaming and abandoned console gaming. Allways wanted to play forza, but 400 dollars for forza wasn't justifiable for me.

So at E3 this year, forza horizon was announced for XB1 and Windows 10. Im very excited about it coming to windows finally. I have a couple questions on how the Muliplatform thing works (Just to clarify if you didnt get it, i dont own an xbox one) though. I believe the game would be launched through the xbox app, no? Do i have to own an xbox one to be able to play it on PC, or can i play the game with just windows? How does the whole thing work? Do you need xbox live gold to play forza online on PC, or is it like all other PC platforms where multiplayer is free?

Thanks in advance.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:27:40 AM(UTC)
I suppose you`ll launch it as it`s own app, just like Forza Apex.
Pretty sure you don`t need to own a xbox one, but you`ll likely need a Live account (which you can set up on PC). Make sure to be logged in with the right account if you buy it.
Xbox Live Gold ... no clue tbh., but I guess it will be the same for both versions, if you need gold on xbox for something it will be required on PC too. Just my guess.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:20:02 PM(UTC)
Hi,

First I would like to thank you guys for making my dream come true, I have been waiting 11 years for forza to come to pc and it finally here.

The reason I am writing this post is because I would like to know when the PC pre-order will be available in the windows store, only after the anniversary update? As all I can see are pre order for the xbox and even in the threads here nobody has actually asked that hence me making a new thread.

I know it is part of the play anywhere initiative, but just like the other post I do not own an xbox one nor am I in a region where I can use the xbox store (I am in Namibia), there for buying it from there is not an option.

If it is not available in the windows store like quantum break currently is, will there be physical copies for pc?
#25 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 5:39:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Googlefluff857 Go to Quoted Post
What if I don't have an Xbox in my possession to buy it on? As of right now, I don't see any way to just buy it on PC. Will I have to get someone I know to sign in for me and download it on his Xbox? The Xbox One with my account on it is with my brother 1,000km away.

Buy it on Xbox store it will pop up on the App Store then you can download it from there.

Note you need an account if your going to do it this way that way it knows you bought it on the Xbox store
9 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error