2 Pages12Next
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/5/2043 2:35:48 AM(UTC)
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 4:48:10 PM(UTC)
I was wondering if we can use the blinkers to turn left or right or turn off the lights in day-time and night-time and use the horn? And finally will there be a beta like horizon 2?
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 1:14:37 AM(UTC)
That would be too much to ask. Horn is confirmed but rest its imho impossible to expect. To switch off the light is nice for skilled however FH2 main audience sadly doesnt consist of mature players which understand real life laws and importance of using lights which will results in nothing but rage. Kids driving around with no headlights give bad message out. I wanted to say that developers generally listen to majority (which we enjoying role-play definitely arent) but then one have to assume first they actually listen... which is straight up lie. They dont care neither need to care, making each Forza with minimal effort and game will sell itself anyway. Few improvements, (mirrors!) new map and thats it. Rest is ported from last forza.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:09:24 AM(UTC)
The horn is confirmed (according to the above). Would be a nice touch to use the indicators/blinkers, but I doubt it. :)

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:23:59 AM(UTC)
Highly doubt we'll be able to turn the headlights on / off as the wreckers / griefers would only use it to cause more havoc.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:32:38 AM(UTC)
Guys but will lights actually turn off in daylight? FM6 did not turn off the lights during sunny races, which drove me mad. So can someone confirm that FH3 will follow FH2 in terms of when the lights turn on or not?
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:55:47 AM(UTC)
There's gameplay going around that shows when you go through one on the tunnels the lights automatically go on and I'm pretty sure once your out they turn off automatically.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VztGj90gRqk

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:57:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:02:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ultimat3Burnout Go to Quoted Post
There's gameplay going around that shows when you go through one on the tunnels the lights automatically go on and I'm pretty sure once your out they turn off automatically.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VztGj90gRqk

Thanks! Actually a very nice catch. Most of the vehicles i seen during day had lights on. (probably the DRL Daytime Running Lamp)
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:18:40 AM(UTC)
^ Yea its just DRLs, shame FM6 doesnt have that option as full on headlights constantly is annoying.

#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:19:39 AM(UTC)
Horn was confirmed. Nothing about lights and indicators.
Writer for AR12Gaming.com
#10 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 1:43:35 AM(UTC)
Headlights on Forza Horizon 3. This may seem a small thing, but my question is not whether we can turn it on or off manually (though that would be cool). My question is that will the headlights be actually be OFF during daytime. Forza 6 did this and seriously bothered me. Why are lights on during daytime races in FM6?? But in a game like Horizon where there is a day-night cycle, i would seriously be more annoyed if it is still on during daytime. So can any of you confirm that it will be turn off when daylight occurs in FH3? And if it isnt, can we get the devs to fix this? Hopefully FH3 just follows FH2 in the headlights department.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Friday, June 17, 2016 7:30:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 3:16:20 AM(UTC)
I'm not entirely sure about the headlights being off during the day but as of right now the devs have said in some of the streams with youtubers that you can't turn them off manually. (as of right now) I hope they add in the feature to control the headlights manually, because I remember having that feature in NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 and it was a pretty cool feat.
FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 3:29:38 AM(UTC)
In daylight you only have the DRL's on like in FH2 and like that game the headlights will automatically come on when its dark. Agreed about FM6 though it was a **** decision, doesnt look good and worse when you have cars like the charger '69 with its grill constantly up and not even any light coming out (popup lights cars included).

#13 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:53:38 AM(UTC)
I really hope that they release turn signals in this game as I like to go on realistic cruises and roadtrips with my friends and it would be a really cool feature to add for those who free-roam a lot.

[Mod Edit - "Is there any hope for turn signals (indicators)?" thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:34:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:13:32 AM(UTC)
No.
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:22:34 AM(UTC)
I can see your point if you like to cruise but I don't think it will happen. Who knows though?
This is primarily a racing game, not a driving simulator, and turn signals don't play a part in racing.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 10:01:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ersd123fastman Go to Quoted Post
I really hope that they release turn signals in this game as I like to go on realistic cruises and roadtrips with my friends and it would be a really cool feature to add for those who free-roam a lot.

[Mod Edit - "Is there any hope for turn signals (indicators)?" thread merged - MM]

And what 2 controller functions would you like to lose to get your turn signals? They would have to be mapped to buttons which already have functions assigned to them.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 12:34:30 AM(UTC)
You wouldn't necessarily have to lose functions. You could have a button as a modifier. Let's say LB for sake of example. Then you'd press and hold LB, then press d-pad left right for indicators/blinkers, D-Pad up/down for radio station. Something like that has been done in many games. It's not like Horizon is pushing the limits of control scheme ergonomics. Accelerate, (hand) brake, steer, gears, clutch, radio, map. That's about all you need with the rest being fluff.
I just don't see much need for it myself, but others obviously do so if they can implement it, it'd be silly not to. I just don't think it's a priority for them to be honest.
#18 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 1:20:40 AM(UTC)
It's not a priority and it's not really needed. I mean don't get me wrong it'd be nice to have but it's not a necessity. That time spent implementing indicators and an on/off headlight function could be spent on something like adjustable FOV or POV or maybe more customization or something like that.
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 2:08:13 AM(UTC)
I'd rather see an auto cut out (like start stop) if you sit and idle for a minute (turns off engine, lights etc), then can crunch the gas at the car fire up again

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#20 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 2:45:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post
I'd rather see an auto cut out (like start stop) if you sit and idle for a minute (turns off engine, lights etc), then can crunch the gas at the car fire up again

That would actually be amazing maybe you could use down or up buttons on the D-pad instead (idk if they are already used up). Or possibly set left and right indicators to left and right buttons on D-pad and have the radio stations as up and down buttons?

This would actually be an amazing feature :D
#21 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 7:57:40 AM(UTC)
This would be a fantastic feature, although I think rammers would turn off their lights at night to hit people or turn on high beams to annoy people. Turn signals would be a welcome feature for cruisers too. Horns are already confirmed.

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2016 7:58:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 8:03:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
You wouldn't necessarily have to lose functions. You could have a button as a modifier. Let's say LB for sake of example. Then you'd press and hold LB, then press d-pad left right for indicators/blinkers, D-Pad up/down for radio station. Something like that has been done in many games. It's not like Horizon is pushing the limits of control scheme ergonomics. Accelerate, (hand) brake, steer, gears, clutch, radio, map. That's about all you need with the rest being fluff.
I just don't see much need for it myself, but others obviously do so if they can implement it, it'd be silly not to. I just don't think it's a priority for them to be honest.

Of all the complaints TDU2 gets....they at least had that. D-Pad left, and from there:
D-Pad up: Convertible top up (If convertible)
D-Pad down: Convertible top down (If convertible)
D-Pad left (again): Left-turn signal
D-Pad right: Right-turn signal

They even had a radio too. Kind of forgot how that functioned though. D-Pad right I believe.

It's not the most needed feature in the game, but I can see reason for it being requested. I wouldn't mind it to be honest, but I wouldn't use it unless I was in some "simulation cruise" mindset.
One of "The 50"
#23 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 11:45:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
And what 2 controller functions would you like to lose to get your turn signals? They would have to be mapped to buttons which already have functions assigned to them.

Horizon 2 had a few unmapped buttons (up/down on the D-pad and both analog stick buttons if I recall) and adding a horn would only use one of those buttons. New features would be easy to incorporate using a button modifier. They could do it the same way TDU2 did it: left on the D-pad pulls up a small menu in the corner of your screen, then press left/right for turn signals, up to toggle windows up or down, and down to toggle convertible tops up or down. Then map the radio to right on the D-pad that pulls up a different menu and from there right changes the station, up/down changes to volume, and left closes the menu. Turning off the engine could be done by holding down the right analog stick and then you could start the engine again by holding down the gas. That's several new features while only using two additional buttons.
#24 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 11:54:27 AM(UTC)
I hope, FH3 includes Indicators. Also you can start and stop your Engine, for example on Car Meetings, really cool!. Or Hazard warning lights would be very cool if you build an accident. That would be very realistic!

//Snake
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 5:52:35 PM(UTC)
Yeah, the buttons on the sticks could be used for blinkers, and have Down on Dpad as Convertible roofs, then up can be for your engine :D

I hope Devs see this thread, there are a lot of amazing ideas here!
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error