This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages<<789Prev
#201 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:14:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to be honest, seeing the entire bottom left portion of the map is deadzone is disappointing, and kind of confusing. The map suddenly seems a lot smaller when put in perspective of non-drivable area.

I suspect they've got some secret plans for that empty section in the south west. Ha ha.

#202 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:08:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to be honest, seeing the entire bottom left portion of the map is deadzone is disappointing, and kind of confusing. The map suddenly seems a lot smaller when put in perspective of non-drivable area.

I suspect they've got some secret plans for that empty section in the south west. Ha ha.

Or the canyon to the north
#203 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 4:52:13 PM(UTC)
If I buy the game, looks like I'll be driving slow off-road vehicles. If there's a map expansion DLC, I'd buy it right away.
#204 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 10:01:38 PM(UTC)
I've stitched together the full map as seen in the demo. I've also included a version with all of the bonus boards I could find.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo Full Map

Forza Horizon 3 Demo Full Map With Bonus Boards
#205 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 3:44:17 AM(UTC)
The massive Leak of the map back in June is what got me excited and sold me on the Ultimate Edition. Looking back. Was it a leak or a designed leak?
#206 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 6:17:09 AM(UTC)
If so it was very well designed because it got people very excited that there would be more to the map than this...
 1 user liked this post.
#207 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 6:21:22 AM(UTC)
The more I look at the southwest corner of the map, the more I realize it is suspiciously empty :)

Storm Island used an entirely different map though. I wouldn't expect different from any and all expansions to FH3. Then again, FH2s map didn't really have any large open spots.
One of "The 50"
#208 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:52:20 PM(UTC)
I hope they do New Zealand as an expansion. That would be cool.. ( Just my 2 cents)
Gentleman Racer. Keep it clean and classy!

**Bring back the 1970 Buick GSX for FH3!!!**
 3 users liked this post.
#209 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 3:23:38 PM(UTC)
Having an expansion that opens another part of the same contiguous map would be much better than teleporting to separated tracks or a smaller map as in past efforts.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 2 users liked this post.
#210 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 3:59:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Having an expansion that opens another part of the same contiguous map would be much better than teleporting to separated tracks or a smaller map as in past efforts.

Agreed. If the theories about the shaded lower-left map area are right (expansion area), they could show off some of Australia's South and West (Perth/Albany for example).

If an expansion IS set offshore, there's no shortage of beautiful locales in the region, like NZ or Indonesia. The possibilities abound.
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#211 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 10:25:04 AM(UTC)
So does the map really end at Omriston Gorge in north?
THAT´s all?
i mean look at The Crew .... the world is 2 or 3 times of that size.
i really thought it would be more. that map is tiny .......
you can drive from one end to the other in like 10 minutes or so. thats ridiculus.
i am only level 31 and got 4 festival locations. please tell me there is more.........
#212 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 7:02:49 PM(UTC)
10 minutes? can anyone respond to this being "twice the size of FH2" or did T10 lie about the map size?
#213 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 7:40:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WHITE HOT SPEED Go to Quoted Post
10 minutes? can anyone respond to this being "twice the size of FH2" or did T10 lie about the map size?

They lied. I posted a comparison a few pages back comparing it to FH2 it looks even smaller tbh.
#214 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:27:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Westman7777 Go to Quoted Post
THAT´s all?
you can drive from one end to the other in like 10 minutes or so. thats ridiculus.
i am only level 31 and got 4 festival locations. please tell me there is more.........

No more like 10-20 times bigger. Plus the crew has water no barriers AT ALL unlike FH3, animals that aren't linear and more of them, larger cities, more enviroments etc etc etc.
 1 user liked this post.
#215 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:51:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bosozokus Go to Quoted Post

They lied. I posted a comparison a few pages back comparing it to FH2 it looks even smaller tbh.

They didn't lie, you misunderstood They never meant that the map dimensions were twice the size, it's the driveable area which is twice the size.

THAT´s all?

No more like 10-20 times bigger. Plus the crew has water no barriers AT ALL unlike FH3, animals that aren't linear and more of them, larger cities, more enviroments etc etc etc.

The Crew's map may be bigger but it is nowhere near as detailed and is kinda bland looking IMO, far less interestng. The objects have less detail (polygons) with lower-res textures all over, even after the upgrade. It's not as colourful either.
All the rest is blah blah blah. They may be a nice detail but you don't play a racing game for the animals. There may also be less water barriers in The Crew but it still has a ton of barriers, given the same size area. And what water barriers are you referring to in FH3 - the deep lakes, the ocean? You can't even get to the ocean in The Crew, never mind any lake/river/pond equals a car reset. And of course it has more/larger cities and environments, it's a much bigger map, that kind of goes with it. You've basically just said the equivalent to "This country is a better country because it's bigger". Try harder. :-)

Edited by user Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:06:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#216 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:02:30 AM(UTC)
On the subject of map features, have a look at this post I made earlier which discusses an interesting point.

http://forums.forzamotor...-Banana--or-similar.aspx

Signature
#217 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:11:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheSkidKid16 Go to Quoted Post
On the subject of map features, have a look at this post I made earlier which discusses an interesting point.

http://forums.forzamotor...-Banana--or-similar.aspx

I remember hearing that. Can't say that I've seen it but I wasn't looking for it either. It may depend on what they class as 'giant' compared to a normal banana. It may not be anywhere near the size of the photo you posted, as a couple of feet long would still be called a giant banana.
Or it could be in an expansion. Or it may not be there at all. But I'm going to look out for it from now on.
#218 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 1:00:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wideload1971 Go to Quoted Post

They didn't lie, you misunderstood They never meant that the map dimensions were twice the size, it's the driveable area which is twice the size.

THAT´s all?

The Crew's map may be bigger but it is nowhere near as detailed and is kinda bland looking IMO, far less interestng. The objects have less detail (polygons) with lower-res textures all over, even after the upgrade. It's not as colourful either.
All the rest is blah blah blah. They may be a nice detail but you don't play a racing game for the animals. There may also be less water barriers in The Crew but it still has a ton of barriers, given the same size area. And what water barriers are you referring to in FH3 - the deep lakes, the ocean? You can't even get to the ocean in The Crew, never mind any lake/river/pond equals a car reset. And of course it has more/larger cities and environments, it's a much bigger map, that kind of goes with it. You've basically just said the equivalent to "This country is a better country because it's bigger". Try harder. :-)

The crews map is way more detailed.. You just went full fanboy. Seriously you must not have played The Crew as you can play for hundreds of hours and still have 1/4 of the map to explore. The FH3 map could be fully explored in an hour. The Crew has enormous snowy mountains. super highways, dunes, desert, MANY sprawling cities, jungles, etc. The Crew has way way more detail. Everything you see looks freshly modeled, every city and every road feels different, you cant put Las Vegas buildings in New York it just wouldn't work. The crew also has hundreds of unique landmarks to visit such as actual airports with planes taking off and landing, Mount Rushmore, the Vegas strip, a giant meteor crater, salt flats... FH3 reused houses, ground textures, and tress everywhere. Not to even mention that the phrase "if you can see it you can go there" is true in The Crew, 10 minutes into the FH3 demo if found a beach and hill i wanted to go on but they were both blocked off with invisible walls and barriers... LIES

There is no debate look at the facts the crew is bigger, better coded, more detailed, and most importantly has actual map design instead of a flat small map with no elevation changes and all the mountains 'basically hills compared to the crew' blocked off with barriers which were said to not be in the game. I am not a Crew fanboy, i hate the physics and customization. But arguing the FH3 map is better is just stupid and a fight you won't win.
 2 users liked this post.
#219 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 3:14:21 PM(UTC)
The crews map is way more detailed.

Now who's going full fanboy. ;-)
It has more in it, largely because of it's size but those things aren't very detailed.

Quote:
Seriously you must not have played The Crew....

I played it for several months until I got fed up of the bad handling. It filled a gap left by the misery of FH2 on X360. I tried it again once the gfx and handling update appear but it was too little too late by then. That's how it should have been from that launch.

Quote:
....as you can play for hundreds of hours and still have 1/4 of the map to explore. The FH3 map could be fully explored in an hour. The Crew has enormous snowy mountains. super highways, dunes, desert, MANY sprawling cities, jungles, etc.

Which is all to do with the size of the map, not the detail. It's a very simple distinction.

Quote:
Everything you see looks freshly modeled, every city and every road feels different....

In your opinion. I disagree, especially in the countryside. There are plenty of re-used buildings and trees all over the place. All rocks looked the same, the ground has varying shades of bland faded colours, excluding the big changes like sand, gravel and snow etc. The update did make it a little more colourful though.

Quote:
....you cant put Las Vegas buildings in New York it just wouldn't work.

What are you talking about? I agree it wouldn't work but that has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation, The Crew or FH3. Nobody is suggesting something like that should or has happened.

Quote:
The crew also has hundreds of unique landmarks to visit such as actual airports with planes taking off and landing, Mount Rushmore, the Vegas strip, a giant meteor crater, salt flats...

Again, this is all to do with the map size, not the detail of those actual places. They had to put something in to fill it for people to go look at. But those sights weren't overly detailed, I was very disappointed with Mt. Rushmore as it was one of the first places I checked out once free roaming.

Quote:
FH3 reused houses, ground textures, and tress everywhere.

Do you have any proof of that claim? I call BS.

Quote:
Not to even mention that the phrase "if you can see it you can go there" is true in The Crew

No it's not. Yes you can get to a lot of places but i saw Miami beach - I couldn't get there. I saw a mountain in the snowy region - it blocked me from getting there. I saw countless fences surrounding houses in cities and towns - I couldn't go through them to the other side. There were many more like that.

Quote:
10 minutes into the FH3 demo if found a beach and hill i wanted to go on but they were both blocked off with invisible walls and barriers... LIES

And you have proof of this invisible wall? There are barriers of course, there has to be just like in the real world, The Crew has more than it's fair share of them too. If you took their comments to mean literally no barriers then more fool you.

Quote:
There is no debate

Yes there is, you don't get to decide anything for anyone but yourself and certainly not me.

Quote:
look at the facts the crew is bigger, better coded, more detailed

Bigger is a fact, never denied that but bigger isn't always better. Better coded - nope, FH3's handling is leagues ahead of The Crew at launch and after the update. The Crew also had a very buggy launch with serious online issues. More detailed - I disagree and that's opinion not fact.

Quote:
instead of a flat small map with no elevation changes and all the mountains 'basically hills compared to the crew' blocked off with barriers which were said to not be in the game.

I don't consider it small, only smaller than The Crew. If you were expecting something closer to The Crew then this is the wrong game for you. When did they ever claim there were mountains in this game? Again, some areas are blocked off because they would be in real life too. It's called adding realism.

Quote:
I am not a Crew fanboy

You sound like one, or an FH hater.

Quote:
But arguing the FH3 map is better is just stupid and a fight you won't win.

I won't lose either, seeing as this is a matter of opinion, something you can't seem to grasp with your 'facts'. IMO FH3's map is much better than The Crew's.

Oh and if you want to continually suggest that bigger is better, I'll give you these words - the car list. Nuff said. :-)

Edited by user Sunday, September 25, 2016 3:17:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#220 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:17:42 PM(UTC)
I completely agree that The Crew is terrible, particularly by comparison to Horizon. But you cannot deny that the map is painfully small in this instalment. At eight or so miles on the longest route it's two thirds of the size of FH2, which in itself was smaller than the first game.

Yes, quality is more important than quantity, but an eight mile wide map is just not enough for an open world game solely focused on driving in 2016. The Crew was like 70-80 miles across which was pretty silly given the trade off on detail necessitated by that on current hardware. But 20 miles would have been very achievable for this game and just about the right size in my opinion.
Scottish Downunder
#221 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:08:06 PM(UTC)

Yeah, it's not twice the size. It's about 2/3rds of the size. The second game was 14 miles or so on the longest route, this map is a little over 8.
Scottish Downunder
#222 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:38:04 PM(UTC)
This game lacks a legend to explain the symbols on the map.
Will someone please explain the symbols here?
I can't figure out what the gold circle with the D in the middle means, it's rather frustrating. Yes, I know the game told me at some point, but I didn't care to listen, I was probably mashing the A button through the explanation of it to get back to racing.
#223 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:30:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
The massive Leak of the map back in June is what got me excited and sold me on the Ultimate Edition. Looking back. Was it a leak or a designed leak?

It wasn't a leak at all. It was B-roll footage for news sites and the like to "incorporate within video interviews/features that include editorial commentary." It can be found here: http://news.xbox.com/med...2%80%93+Forza+Horizon+3 and it's called "Forza Horizon 3 B-roll Part Two" uploaded on June 13th
#224 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 5:18:19 PM(UTC)
Hello everyone. I've wrote down all of the locations in the game that I've found below. Am I missing any?

Byron Bay Festival
Surfer's Paradise Festival
Yarra Valley Festival
Outback Festival
Byron Lighthouse
Cape Byron
Twelve Apostles
Wombeeyang Cave
Great Ocean Road
CoalCliff
Sea Cliff Bridge
Silver Sands