This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages<<56789PrevNext
#151 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 5:49:54 AM(UTC)
Found snow mountains in the distance:

In the right of the background.
Snow mountains in the distance

In the background on the left.
Snow capped mountain in the background

These mountains would be in the southwest, but without knowing how much more road there is it's impossible to tell how close we'll be able to get to them. Thoughts?

Edited by user Sunday, August 21, 2016 5:50:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#152 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 6:16:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConverseFox Go to Quoted Post

In the right of the background.
Snow mountains in the distance

In the background on the left.
Snow capped mountain in the background

These mountains would be in the southwest, but without knowing how much more road there is it's impossible to tell how close we'll be able to get to them. Thoughts?

Hahaha yes, I thought I was the only one who noticed that! If they have Alpine roads where it snows then this game will just completely blow my mind. Can you imagine all the drift zones in the snowy mountains? Those mountains are clearly in the blacked out region of the unknown portion of the map.

Edited by user Sunday, August 21, 2016 6:17:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#153 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:23:44 AM(UTC)
doubt you can reach those mountains, also is there snow in Australia?
#154 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 11:42:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
doubt you can reach those mountains, also is there snow in Australia?

Of course, it's snows at Mt Bulla, Mt Hotham, Falls Creek we also get snow in King Lake when it's really cold.
#155 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 11:52:29 AM(UTC)
Those mountains in the distance sort of look like snow country in the south of NSW.

#156 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 2:43:56 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure how to post photos but when I was having a closer look at the map last night, I noticed a very windy and twisty road in the bottom left that we haven't seen entirely yet. There's a lake near the Kiewa Valley that this road is just under. It has a drift zone and also has a speed trap right at the start of it. Your need to zoom quite a bit to be able to see it. If this snowy area is actually drivable in the game, this windy road may be the road to get there.
#157 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 3:10:54 PM(UTC)
You mean this one:

To post a picture first you have to upload your pic to a server somewhere such as PhotoBucket. Then you put the URL to the photo (must be the literal path to the photo) between BB Code img tags.

#158 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 5:03:49 PM(UTC)
So far the only event we've seen other than the ones in the E3 demo is the Gorge Cross Country event. IGN showed us some 4K footage of it last week, but we've got some new information about this event during the recent livestream from Gamescom. They showed the event title card which shows us it is 4.7 miles long. This wouldn't be useful if we couldn't accurately map out the route of the event, so thankfully they also showed off the part of the map that we were missing last week which was preventing us from knowing where exactly the route went north of Coober Pedy. Now, we can figure out the scale of the map by drawing the event route on the map and measuring how long it is in pixels. This gives us a conversion rate of miles to pixels with only a small margin of error depending on how inaccurate the drawing is (I think I got it pretty darn close). Using this on this map I made earlier we get the race length of ~1990 pixels or a conversion rate of 1 mile = 423 pixels (after rounding). Note this rate will be different on maps stitched together at a different resolution. I used gimp, traced over the route with a path and used the 'measure active path' plugin to get it's length in pixels. We can then map out a grid to visualize how many miles the known map is with each box being 423 by 423 pixels or 1 square mile.

TL;DR: Here's the current known map with a 1 mile spaced grid. This scale measures the airstrip at exactly 1.5 miles long, and the whole known map at ~9.5 miles East to West and ~8.5 miles North to South.

FH3 current known map with 1 mile square grid.

Well down the road apiece from Byron's Bay should be Sydney somewhere along the eastern coast. I really hope that Sydney is included in this game! Anything other city can be included after that, but Sydney is a must for this game or it isn't Australia !!!

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#159 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 8:54:49 PM(UTC)
This vid shows a bit of exploration into the wilderness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHoIZwjlCf0
#160 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 5:39:44 AM(UTC)

I also doubt that we'll be able to reach them, I think they might just be a background/horizon image. I believe we've seen all of the release map excluding the top part of the city and we can see the blank area that will occupy.

But....it may be possible that the SW of the map becomes open to us in a future dlc and that it is a snowy mountainous region. Like Storm Island, they aren't going to give us everything in one go and there have been comments asking for snow now that the other environments and weather have been covered. At this point it's pure speculation but it's what I hope the dlc will be if/when they add to the map.
 2 users liked this post.
#161 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 6:33:10 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 2's map was released August 20th, 2014. Was it released or leaked? I can't remember. So will that mean that Forza Horizon 3's full map will be revealed? Also, I believe Forza Horizon 2's demo was officially announced at the end of August. So will we get the full map reveal and announcement of a Demo this week?
#162 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 6:39:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
Forza Horizon 2's map was released August 20th, 2014. Was it released or leaked? I can't remember. So will that mean that Forza Horizon 3's full map will be revealed? Also, I believe Forza Horizon 2's demo was officially announced at the end of August. So will we get the full map reveal and announcement of a Demo this week?

Heck yes this would be great!
#163 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:27:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post
You mean this one:

To post a picture first you have to upload your pic to a server somewhere such as PhotoBucket. Then you put the URL to the photo (must be the literal path to the photo) between BB Code img tags.

Yeah that is the road I was referring too, I use an iPad so that all sounds a bit tricky but ah well.

After doing some research I almost certain that those snow capped mountains are Falls Creek. After a quick Google search for the Kiewa Valley (I'm Australian and I can't say that I had even heard of the Kiewa Valley, how lousy of me haha), the third photo I looked at featured snow capped mountains in the background almost exact to ones seen in the gameplay. After reading, I found out that one of the major settlements of the Kiewa Valley is Falls Creek, one of Australia's most well known snow destinations. Whether or not it will be playable in the game is a whole other story, but imagine a snow park with maybe some jumps and half pipes as a 'playground' area, that would be a heck of a lot of fun.
 2 users liked this post.
#164 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:16:28 AM(UTC)
I hope they included cattle grids. It just won't feel right driving through the outback/rural areas without cattle grids on the road.

#165 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:42:13 AM(UTC)
Guys, do you know where White Haven and Ormiston Gorge are on the map? I can't find them anywhere.

Also, these are the other two locations that might be confirmed to be in the game. I've seen them on the back of a t-shirt. Link is at the bottom.

I've found the folowing 4:
Byron Bay
Kiewa Valley
Coober Pedy
Surfers Paradise

The missing 2 I can't find:
White Haven
Ormiston Gorge

https://ebgames.com.au/x...on3_australiantour_aug16

Edited by user Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:50:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#166 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:58:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FHB97 Go to Quoted Post
Guys, do you know where White Haven and Ormiston Gorge are on the map? I can't find them anywhere.

Also, these are the other two locations that might be confirmed to be in the game. I've seen them on the back of a t-shirt. Link is at the bottom.

Byron Bay
Kiewa Valley
Coober Pedy
Surfers Paradise

White Haven
Ormiston Gorge

Orimistom gorge is that giant gorge thing that they raced through in the 4K video that ign uploaded, I think also they did a race or two there in the gameplay at gamescom. And white heaven is up near Queensland so it'll be somewhere up around the Gold Coast on the map. I dunno why they're not labeled, I don't think it's anything but it could mean something since both those places are up the top of the map and we haven't seen all of the city yet. Fingers crossed.
Source: Am Australian.
#167 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:06:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LumpiestFish115 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post
You mean this one:

Yeah that is the road I was referring too, I use an iPad so that all sounds a bit tricky but ah well.

After doing some research I almost certain that those snow capped mountains are Falls Creek. After a quick Google search for the Kiewa Valley (I'm Australian and I can't say that I had even heard of the Kiewa Valley, how lousy of me haha), the third photo I looked at featured snow capped mountains in the background almost exact to ones seen in the gameplay. After reading, I found out that one of the major settlements of the Kiewa Valley is Falls Creek, one of Australia's most well known snow destinations. Whether or not it will be playable in the game is a whole other story, but imagine a snow park with maybe some jumps and half pipes as a 'playground' area, that would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Thats awesome! If the Horizon 3 season is set in the summer like Horizon 2 then we probably won't have snow. But, we should probably have an alpine like surroundings. If there is snow in the game than Forza will set that bar past the stars! Ill be happy either way!
 1 user liked this post.
#168 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:07:36 AM(UTC)

Byron Bay
Kiewa Valley
Coober Pedy
Surfers Paradise

White Haven
Ormiston Gorge

I think White Haven its close to Shipwrecks area, in the east of the map, and Ormiston Gorge looks like to be the north area of coober pedy, the route of IGN Gameplay video. I can be wrong.
#169 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:18:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boost3dEVO Go to Quoted Post

Byron Bay
Kiewa Valley
Coober Pedy
Surfers Paradise

White Haven
Ormiston Gorge

I think White Haven its close to Shipwrecks area, in the east of the map, and Ormiston Gorge looks like to be the north area of coober pedy, the route of IGN Gameplay video. I can be wrong.

Right, but I don't see White Haven or Ormiston Gorge marked on the map, so I think you are wrong, but I'm not so sure. I think we'll have to wait for the full map reveal.
 1 user liked this post.
#170 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:40:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boost3dEVO Go to Quoted Post

Byron Bay
Kiewa Valley
Coober Pedy
Surfers Paradise

White Haven
Ormiston Gorge

Right, but I don't see White Haven or Ormiston Gorge marked on the map, so I think you are wrong, but I'm not so sure. I think we'll have to wait for the full map reveal.

I can't be 100% sure, but im positive this are the areas, i think we already seen 95% of the map.

Look at the video of ign, at 7 sec. mark it said Exhibition Race Gorge Cross Country, here the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTfRw5WGtA

And when you look a this white haven photo it looks really close to the map area close to shipwrecks,
http://funnydonia.com/wp...itsundays-australia.jpg

#171 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:21:33 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Here is a taste of what we will be driving around in Horizon 3. https://www.facebook.com...153850850705098/?type=3

Hopefully the link works. If not search on facebook

Visit Queensland, Australia

Have a look at the 360 degree view of Surfers paradise.

Absolutely beautiful. Gets me even more amped up for this game.

Edited by user Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:21:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#172 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:23:06 PM(UTC)
Also it works better if you look at it on your phone so you can tilt the phone and see the whole panoramic photo.
#173 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 11:28:23 AM(UTC)
So far the only event we've seen other than the ones in the E3 demo is the Gorge Cross Country event. IGN showed us some 4K footage of it last week, but we've got some new information about this event during the recent livestream from Gamescom. They showed the event title card which shows us it is 4.7 miles long. This wouldn't be useful if we couldn't accurately map out the route of the event, so thankfully they also showed off the part of the map that we were missing last week which was preventing us from knowing where exactly the route went north of Coober Pedy. Now, we can figure out the scale of the map by drawing the event route on the map and measuring how long it is in pixels. This gives us a conversion rate of miles to pixels with only a small margin of error depending on how inaccurate the drawing is (I think I got it pretty darn close). Using this on this map I made earlier we get the race length of ~1990 pixels or a conversion rate of 1 mile = 423 pixels (after rounding). Note this rate will be different on maps stitched together at a different resolution. I used gimp, traced over the route with a path and used the 'measure active path' plugin to get it's length in pixels. We can then map out a grid to visualize how many miles the known map is with each box being 423 by 423 pixels or 1 square mile.

TL;DR: Here's the current known map with a 1 mile spaced grid. This scale measures the airstrip at exactly 1.5 miles long, and the whole known map at ~9.5 miles East to West and ~8.5 miles North to South.

FH3 current known map with 1 mile square grid.

Looking at the map we've got a size of about 64 squaremiles (what we've seen so far). That means the map is more than twice as large as GTA5s Map and even bigger than the one of The Witcher. Maybe it will get a final size about 20 sqmi bigger to be twice as large as FH2... (which was about 40sq...)
#174 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 6:54:30 AM(UTC)
The game already looks stunning when it comes to the Australian skies. What I am wondering is what type of weather effects will we see? Will it be something like drive club where we will see some cool storms roll through with actual Lightning bolt strikes flashing the sky instead of just hearing thunder like in Horizon 2? I think that would be awesome to see.
#175 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 1:19:25 AM(UTC)
So I found the source of the supposed leaked footage from E3 and the video is not nearly as compressed as any on YouTube. I used it to stitch together a less compressed version thanks to it. You can see a lot more little details now.

Horizon 3 Map Highly Detailed

I didn't bother taking as many icons out as possible like I had done with previous map stitches, but that's only because we're so close to release that it's not worth my time when we'll get even better detailed images when the game releases.
9 Pages<<56789PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error