This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
#101 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 5:51:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spinxzl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Boost3dEVO Go to Quoted Post
[quote=ManteoMax;520282]I would think the lengths of the airports would be a pretty good guide.

2 weeks ago i tried this idea and post it on reddit, however i think the FH3 scale look smaller trying to match the airports length.

Heres the image
FH2-3 Maps

I did some other calculations to try to get a better idea on the size of the map.

I use a gameplay video to calculate distance, i could be completely wrong on this.

The lambo traveled from the first pole to the last light pole of the water dam in about 3.55 seconds with starting speed of 176mph and past the last pole at 185mph.

Thats about .12g of acceleration. So I get the distance traveled was aprox. 953 feet.

Here's the map at that scale

FH3 Map in aprox miles[/quote do you know the height and width of horizon 2?

To answer your question, I did the same method to calculate FH2 Map, and according my calculations, FH2 Maps is aprox 9.8-10 miles of width by 5 miles of heigh, but FH2 have some places that the map is aprox. 3 miles height. FH3 map from what we have is 8x7 miles, we need to see how much we are missing.

Also according my own calculations (can be wrong) the airports of both maps are close in lenght, aprox. 1.3 miles.

#102 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 7:55:54 AM(UTC)
[quote=ManteoMax;520282]I would think the lengths of the airports would be a pretty good guide.

2 weeks ago i tried this idea and post it on reddit, however i think the FH3 scale look smaller trying to match the airports length.

Heres the image
FH2-3 Maps

I did some other calculations to try to get a better idea on the size of the map.

I use a gameplay video to calculate distance, i could be completely wrong on this.

The lambo traveled from the first pole to the last light pole of the water dam in about 3.55 seconds with starting speed of 176mph and past the last pole at 185mph.

Thats about .12g of acceleration. So I get the distance traveled was aprox. 953 feet.

To answer your question, I did the same method to calculate FH2 Map, and according my calculations, FH2 Maps is aprox 9.8-10 miles of width by 5 miles of heigh, but FH2 have some places that the map is aprox. 3 miles height. FH3 map from what we have is 8x7 miles, we need to see how much we are missing.

Also according my own calculations (can be wrong) the airports of both maps are close in lenght, aprox. 1.3 miles.

Square area/world footprint is only part of the equation. The 2x world size comparison is accounting for the entire drivable area in the world. As open as FH2's world was compared to the original Horizon, there were still a lot of areas cordoned off.
#103 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 8:47:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Heres the image
FH2-3 Maps

Square area/world footprint is only part of the equation. The 2x world size comparison is accounting for the entire drivable area in the world. As open as FH2's world was compared to the original Horizon, there were still a lot of areas cordoned off.

I completely understand, there's a lot of places inside FH2 map that you can't drive. I'm more than happy with the new map and how much diversity it have.
#104 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 12:33:05 PM(UTC)
I believed I spotted the Radio Telescopes in the leaked map and compared it to the FH3 trailer where it shows the two buggies riding on a dirt road next to the Radio Telescopes. The Radio Telescopes are on top of the map west of the big city. This may rule out that there might not be much left of the map to go. I noticed in the trailer there is a big mountain that may act like a wall where the FH3 world ends. Or, maybe its just a mountain that we travel around and there is more to the map. What do you guys think? I hope there is more to the map going north.
#105 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 1:11:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Heres the image
FH2-3 Maps

Truly hope you guys used some of that extra space to put in a couple mountain roads! Forza Horizon is by far my favorite video game series but I know I speak for a lot of us when I say we just want to some mountains to conquer!
#106 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 4:58:57 PM(UTC)
I love how the clouds move around and the palm trees swing from side to side in the wind.

I also think FM6 hit te nail on the head with the visuals of raining, it looks perfect. But the physics were way over the top to be fair, they shouldn't ruin your experience like FM6 but cause a slight kiss of performance like FH2
#107 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:08:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UFknight Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I would think the lengths of the airports would be a pretty good guide.

Heres the image
FH2-3 Maps

FH3 Map in aprox miles

Awesome work! Thanks! I am still hoping there's more to the map. I am confident there is more to the map!

I am totally sure there will be. The way that the map cuts off at the edges just doesn't make sense. My video: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cKacqUwSLFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 users liked this post.
#108 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:04:45 AM(UTC)
Turn 10 released a video of FM6 with some footage of FH3, FH3 starts around 55 sec. of the video.

At 1:12, the car pass through what look likes a lot of solar panels, i'm trying to find that area on the leaked map, i can't find it. That means there's could be more places on the map... :-)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:31:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#109 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:07:35 PM(UTC)
You got a link for the vid mate?
#110 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 2:29:38 PM(UTC)
#111 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:17:22 PM(UTC)
HeliosT10 posted it several hours ago.

#112 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:35:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-66k8bRtndgc

thanks bud :)
#113 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:46:28 AM(UTC)
Something i would like to see in the game, is aurora australis (southern lights), that would be great for photos. Hope is there since they capture real sky..
 1 user liked this post.
#114 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:02:53 PM(UTC)
Something i would like to see in the game, is aurora australis (southern lights), that would be great for photos. Hope is there since they capture real sky..

We don't have them here in Australia..... XD
(try Antarctica or the north pole)
#115 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:12:39 PM(UTC)
I think there are places in Tasmania it is visible.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#116 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:56:59 PM(UTC)
They reckon you can see it from Tasmania sometimes but the odds are pretty low. Maybe there'll be a stormy Tasmania expansion with an aurora Easter egg sometimes visible .

#117 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 5:56:37 AM(UTC)
I thought the southern lights were seen on south Australia or Tasmania...
#118 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 6:04:08 AM(UTC)
At 1:12, the car pass through what look likes a lot of solar panels, i'm trying to find that area on the leaked map, i can't find it. That means there's could be more places on the map... :-)

I noticed that area too and I can't find it either. Of course it simply may not be shown on the map but it makes me think that if there really is more map that it will be to the north of what we know.
1) The solar panels ground seems to be dusty/dry so it would make sense to have it near the Outback.
2) The city does get rather abruptly cut off to the north with the map we have.

Pure speculation of course but fingers crossed.
#119 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 9:29:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wideload1971 Go to Quoted Post

I noticed that area too and I can't find it either. Of course it simply may not be shown on the map but it makes me think that if there really is more map that it will be to the north of what we know.
1) The solar panels ground seems to be dusty/dry so it would make sense to have it near the Outback.
2) The city does get rather abruptly cut off to the north with the map we have.

Pure speculation of course but fingers crossed.

I think were safe to say that there's more, even Manteomax confirmed on the news link topic.

Here's the quote
"New FH3 footage
FM6 Summer Car Pack trailer shows off new locations in FH3 and announces the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V sedan for FH3:"

http://forums.forzamotor...out-FH3.aspx#post_533625

Edited by user Thursday, August 4, 2016 9:40:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#120 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 6:14:27 PM(UTC)
Quote:
“As always, the roads have been designed to have an authentic feeling, so we sent our guys to photograph every square inch of the east half of the country,” he said.

This is from news.com.au

I think the north and the west may be where the FH3 map cuts off, like in FH2 where it was north, east and west.
#121 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 10:24:11 AM(UTC)
Turn 10 released a video of FM6 with some footage of FH3, FH3 starts around 55 sec. of the video.

I believe I've seen the solar panels next to the airport which, if correct, means they are on the map we know..
i chanced across this YT vid and they show some higher res closeups of the map. If you skip to 3:00 you can see them in the top left of the still. The way the light reflects off them is a giveaway. What do you think?

Edited by user Saturday, August 6, 2016 10:24:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#122 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 11:09:36 AM(UTC)
will there be any wild horses? id like to drive around FH3 seeing some wildlife and if any body remembers an old movie "The Man From Snowy River" there could be areas on the FH3 Map where we could se some wild horses (like how the cows roamed fields in the crew) id love to see alot of the australian wildlife
#123 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 12:47:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wideload1971 Go to Quoted Post

I believe I've seen the solar panels next to the airport which, if correct, means they are on the map we know..
i chanced across this YT vid and they show some higher res closeups of the map. If you skip to 3:00 you can see them in the top left of the still. The way the light reflects off them is a giveaway. What do you think?

You're right i founded the panels in the north of the airport after posted this.
 2 users liked this post.
#124 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 4:54:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: forzainformer2 Go to Quoted Post
will there be any wild horses? id like to drive around FH3 seeing some wildlife and if any body remembers an old movie "The Man From Snowy River" there could be areas on the FH3 Map where we could se some wild horses (like how the cows roamed fields in the crew) id love to see alot of the australian wildlife

Posting this about 1km away from a section of The Snowy River:

Most Australians encounter Australian wildlife as roadkill and the roads around here are littered with it at the moment. Makes overtaking very dangerous at night as there may be a massive roo or wombat dead in the middle of the road.

Though it's mostly roos, wombats, hares and foxes. I have seen deer though. Brumbies (wild horses) are all over this area but there is only a few places they are a danger to cars.

So the authentic Australian experience is a gory, splattery and hazardous one :D
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 2 users liked this post.
#125 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2016 9:40:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
So the authentic Australian experience is a gory, splattery and hazardous one :D

It should make a good backdrop for the *carnage* of Horizon 3.

As for wildlife - we've already seen a dingo, a crock and some kangaroos which should satisfy your appetite for nature.

9 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error