9 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 3:35:54 PM(UTC)
In this thread :
http://forums.forzamotor...ews-links-about-FH3.aspx

Manteomax has a post (post number 5) that says that 'every state will be included'. Does anyone have the geographical knowledge to indicate whether the (portion of the) map we have now already includes something from every australian state?
#52 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 3:44:14 PM(UTC)
Although I do hope there's more to it then what we've seen so far, I don't think there will be much more.
If you look at the image below of Forza Horizon's 2 map, the Forza Horizon 3 map from previous posts looks to be twice the size already ..

#53 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 3:51:53 PM(UTC)
Oh and here's a quote from the last interview from TechnoBuffalo ManteoMax posted in the 'News links about FH3' topic.

Quote:
The Forza team staff member driving the demo then put the game in fast forward, and we watched as clouds spawned and dissipated, rolling in, turning into a rainstorm, giving way finally to a sunset. It was definitely impressive, and it’s going to be something we have to stare at for quite a while. Attention to detail like this should help ensure the game stays interesting.

We already saw the soaked roads, but now there's confirmation there will be rain(storms) indeed.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 3:54:41 PM(UTC)
From the linked article:
Quote:
“We have a bunch of unique ecotypes in the game that are all representative of real locations in Australia. We have rainforests, we’ve for the Gold Coast’s Surfer’s Paradise as an urban city environment, we’ve got sections of Coober Pedy, some gorge areas including Ormiston gorge, and some general outback loveliness. So there’s lots of variety in terms of environment that we’ve crammed in this time and they’re all genuine Aussie locations.”

Red marker = Yarra Valley

#55 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:28:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Muzzley 17 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FORMULA ONE 44 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HOOKERno1 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen a single drop of rain....

I hope to see rain as opposed to just puddles of water. But then again, does it really rain that much in Australia?

There is Rain, it was shown in a shot at E3. I hope that second sentence is sarcasm, It rains plenty in Australia, especially in the rain forests! We even just had some major floods sweep down the eats coast and also hitting Tasmania pretty hard. All due to an insane amount of rain in such a short period of time.

Originally Posted by: WoodedRacer101 Go to Quoted Post
I have a question about the world in forza horizon 3 will the map of Australia will it be the whole country of Australia or will it be part of the country.

The map thus far has something from every state of Australia bar Tasmania and ACT. But the map itself will only be a small section of what Australia actually is. It is nowhere near a 1:1 scale of our country haha, We're the largest island in the world remember ;)

Good response mate - appreciate it ! And no, I was serious about the amount of rainfall in Australia, as all the moves I've seen about the place I've never seen it rain - oh well.

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#56 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:23:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Muzzley 17 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HOOKERno1 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen a single drop of rain....

I hope to see rain as opposed to just puddles of water. But then again, does it really rain that much in Australia?

There is Rain, it was shown in a shot at E3. I hope that second sentence is sarcasm, It rains plenty in Australia, especially in the rain forests! We even just had some major floods sweep down the eats coast and also hitting Tasmania pretty hard. All due to an insane amount of rain in such a short period of time.

Originally Posted by: WoodedRacer101 Go to Quoted Post
I have a question about the world in forza horizon 3 will the map of Australia will it be the whole country of Australia or will it be part of the country.

The map thus far has something from every state of Australia bar Tasmania and ACT. But the map itself will only be a small section of what Australia actually is. It is nowhere near a 1:1 scale of our country haha, We're the largest island in the world remember ;)

Good response mate - appreciate it ! And no, I was serious about the amount of rainfall in Australia, as all the moves I've seen about the place I've never seen it rain - oh well.

Sydney - well most of the Eastern seaboard, has had record breaking rainfalls and flooding over the last few weeks.

We do go through periods of drought followed by big rains - not too much in between.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 3 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:04:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
From the linked article:
Quote:
“We have a bunch of unique ecotypes in the game that are all representative of real locations in Australia. We have rainforests, we’ve for the Gold Coast’s Surfer’s Paradise as an urban city environment, we’ve got sections of Coober Pedy, some gorge areas including Ormiston gorge, and some general outback loveliness. So there’s lots of variety in terms of environment that we’ve crammed in this time and they’re all genuine Aussie locations.”

I saw something interesting with the shape of the map, presuming the leak is only half the map i made this up. ( dont take to seriously, just a rough guess?) locations in red are just the actual locations irl not ingame.
Quickly made up map
#58 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:48:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post

I saw something interesting with the shape of the map, presuming the leak is only half the map i made this up. ( dont take to seriously, just a rough guess?) locations in red are just the actual locations irl not ingame.
Quickly made up map

One could only hope we get that much playground. On the other hand, this map would not feature parts from Western Australia then. They did mention every state would be included.
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 6:26:24 AM(UTC)
I can't believe some people are expecting or are suprise that this is not a 1to1 rendition of Australia... common guys, Australia is huge ! this is a playground with Australia as a theme, so it's just a merdge of plenty good stuff found over there.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 6:28:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
From the linked article:
Quote:

Quickly made up map

That's a pretty cool mockup you did, I wish your guessing is correct.
#61 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:36:28 PM(UTC)
Super excited for FH3, but I have one concern. Seems like the trailer was more focused on the off-road aspect of this new game. Makes me wonder how much paved surface we will have in Australia?? Will be disappointed if it doesn't have balance between the two. Anyone have any info?
#62 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 6:28:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SummerPrism76 Go to Quoted Post
Super excited for FH3, but I have one concern. Seems like the trailer was more focused on the off-road aspect of this new game. Makes me wonder how much paved surface we will have in Australia?? Will be disappointed if it doesn't have balance between the two. Anyone have any info?

Agreed - I mainly stick to the roads in Horizon as well. I do enjoy trying to perfect lines on race tracks, but tackling winding mountain roads in my road car is one of my favourite things to do.

On another note about both precipitation and variety of environment in Australia - we could have snow all the way up to Queensland this weekend and more southern and elevated areas have severe weather warnings.

I'm driving down to Jindabyne tonight to spend the weekend snowboarding, but it looks like the snow might come up to meet me partway through the (600km) drive.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 5 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:08:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SummerPrism76 Go to Quoted Post

There are a TON of awesome paved roads, great road courses tuned for fun in road cars. Think you'll find it's a great balance. And there has been a lot of work to tune handling on road/off road in order to make road cars shine on paved surfaces, and make off-road cars shine on off-road surfaces.
#64 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 7:01:49 AM(UTC)
I love Forza Horizon 2 and have clock in many hours. However, I felt like the anticipation of Horizon 2 was better than the actual game. I always felt Horizon 2 was missing something. With the announcement of Horizon 3, could it be possible that Horizon 3 started back in 2011? If so then the map maybe even bigger than the leaked image of what we see right now.
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 1:19:09 PM(UTC)
Brian has already said the map is twice the size of the FH2 one.

The problem with the image we've seen so far is that there's no sense of scale - either to the real world or to previous Horizon maps, so you can't tell how big it is.

#66 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 9:19:10 PM(UTC)
Looks like a fun map, I'll likely be playing in the sand dunes for hours.

On the other hand, When PG said that FH2's map was twice the size of FH1's map. I then went back into FH and found that FH2's map seemed like it was twice the width, but the same height. Ergo, FH2's map seemed more like it was 50% bigger than FH1's map, not 100% bigger which would translate into the actual 2x bigger (100% MORE = original size plus original size).

I was disappointed that the golf course in FH2 didn't have the same playability that FH1's had, I was flipping in the FH1 sand traps for hours.

Can't wait for this game. Will be playing once my new Xbox Design Lab controller comes in; I designed it in Gulf colors, naturally.
#67 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 10:21:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post
Brian has already said the map is twice the size of the FH2 one.

The problem with the image we've seen so far is that there's no sense of scale - either to the real world or to previous Horizon maps, so you can't tell how big it is.

I'll line up the width of the roads and maybe we can get a rough idea, if anyone else wants to beet me too it go ahead.

#68 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 10:49:42 PM(UTC)
mock up

I tried my best to get the roads to the same width, but I can't tell how zoomed in the maps are so it may be way off.

Edited by user Friday, June 24, 2016 11:39:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: image not loading

1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 11:34:07 PM(UTC)
I would think the lengths of the airports would be a pretty good guide.
#70 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 11:48:55 PM(UTC)

That could work however, I don't think both runways will be the same: FH3 might be longer for example. Even going off of the roads is inaccurate because when you zoom in and out in-game the roads would stay the same thickness so you can see them from far away, like Google maps. But I could be completely wrong about all of it because i have never played a Horizon game.

But if you want to go draw something up in Photoshop or paint.net I encourage that you try going with the runways idea :)
#71 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 12:42:18 AM(UTC)

Test No.2

I went ahead with the idea anyway and this is what I came up with. The results are way different (it may be hard to tell because I accidentally snipped the sides and a little bit of the top off of the FH2 map, annoying paint.net issues) but it is definitely bigger.

If this is close to accurate then we can only see one half of the map in the leak.
Also my earlier post using the Google maps as a reference to try and figure out the shape of the map may be close as well. (But don't take that point too seriously I'm creating a conspiracy theory xD)
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 1:42:25 AM(UTC)
I just made up a rough size comparison of the Horizon maps based on what the devs have said (map is twice as large as FH2).

!The shape of FH3 is in no way related to anything, the size is all that matters!

Size Comparison
#73 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 3:53:03 AM(UTC)
Just watched a demo play through and they raced across the leaked map in under a minute (they are not a great player). This means that the leaked part of the map could be a tiny comer of it :D
 4 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 7:41:54 AM(UTC)

2 weeks ago i tried this idea and post it on reddit, however i think the FH3 scale look smaller trying to match the airports length.

Heres the image
FH2-3 Maps

I did some other calculations to try to get a better idea on the size of the map.

I use a gameplay video to calculate distance, i could be completely wrong on this.

The lambo traveled from the first pole to the last light pole of the water dam in about 3.55 seconds with starting speed of 176mph and past the last pole at 185mph.

Thats about .12g of acceleration. So I get the distance traveled was aprox. 953 feet.

Here's the map at that scale

FH3 Map in aprox miles

Edited by user Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:10:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#75 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:48:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boost3dEVO Go to Quoted Post

2 weeks ago i tried this idea and post it on reddit, however i think the FH3 scale look smaller trying to match the airports length.

Heres the image
FH2-3 Maps

I did some other calculations to try to get a better idea on the size of the map.

I use a gameplay video to calculate distance, i could be completely wrong on this.

The lambo traveled from the first pole to the last light pole of the water dam in about 3.55 seconds with starting speed of 176mph and past the last pole at 185mph.

Thats about .12g of acceleration. So I get the distance traveled was aprox. 953 feet.

Here's the map at that scale

FH3 Map in aprox miles

Awesome work! Thanks! I am still hoping there's more to the map. I am confident there is more to the map!
9 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error