This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 11:55:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CoupledGem163 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jasonr71 Go to Quoted Post
I've only seen a couple of screenshots of the city, and there was one shot with a monorail! The only city that has a monorail in Australia is Broadbeach on the Gold Coast (Surefers Paradise) in Queensland!

However, the Victorian Government are proposing to build a monorail network through Melbourne's CBD in the near future.

Now I might sound bias because I'm from Sydney Australia, but it would've been spectacular if Turn 10 had added Sydney's harbour waterfront around Circular Quay, the Rocks and the Opera House, where Sydney's spectacular New Year's Eve fireworks take centre stage in a beautiful harbour city! Imagine racing around Sydney's waterfront at night with fireworks lighting up Sydney harbour.

Yeah, it's very hard for me to imagine them setting the game in Australia and leaving the opera house out!

Hey at least it was in Need for Speed 2 back in 1997
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:01:53 AM(UTC)
I think Melbourne and Sydney are cut for the same reason Rome and Paris weren't in Horizon 2. They're just too large to accurately portray in the game.

I mean the urban Melbourne city area alone stretches across 100km. Even a 1/10th representation of that would be massive in the game.
 4 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:03:27 AM(UTC)
Man, doesn't the original Horizon feel empty now compared to FH2 and FH3? lol
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:35:01 AM(UTC)
I hope you guys add some kind of long highway this time so we can test our tunes and highspeed on.

The runway on the airport in FH2 was to short and the highway too curvy.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:27:42 AM(UTC)
So very, very excited for this game!!

As an Aussie who lives basically on the Great Ocean Road and remember a time when there were more than 8 of the twelve apostles still standing.. I can't wait to drive it with my mates in the hottest cars imaginable!!

In the excitement I saw a sneaky map put together by some Forza devotees and love the idea of Australia's many Landscapes being melded to one delicious playground that I can't wait to sink my teeth into.

If I could offer that the rainforest be called 'The Otways', which is the name of the rainforest that backs onto the great Ocean road. Known for its rich history and winding roads, I feel the character of this rainforest in particular (the Otway national park) needs to be called by name before it's tamed by the sexy 4x4s and the like that Forza has to offer.

As a keen bean it would make the Immersion complete and Forza 3 every Aussie can relate to.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:16:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
I hope you guys add some kind of long highway this time so we can test our tunes and highspeed on.

The runway on the airport in FH2 was to short and the highway too curvy.

Have you SEEN how straight some Outback roads are? They don't call them Road Trains for nothing, and I think there ma even be some deristricted zones, autobahn-style.

BOT: there's lots I'd like to see, but if I have to choose one thing, it would be, unequivocally, the ability to qualify or at least select where you start. This mid-pack standing-start amateur hour garbage has to GO. Far as I'm concerned, it's a way for devs to "cheat", eg. adding a challenge because they worry that players are just going to be too good at qualifying, thereby always starting at the top of the grid, and moving through the game too quickly.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:30:28 PM(UTC)
Do we know what cities will be included in the game?
Sydney (and the famed Opera House)
Melbourne (I think I see that in the release video, but not sure)
Adelaide
New Castle
Brisbane
Perth

--- all cities located on the coastline of Australia.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 1:27:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HOOKERno1 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen a single drop of rain....

Yes, I was wondering about that as well. I hope it's not because the way the sky is made in this version, from a series of stitched together photos as opposed to a working version of the earth's athosphere with all the atmospheric physics that rendered phenomenon such as the rainbow that was in FH2. I hope to see rain as opposed to just puddles of water. But then again, does it really rain that much in Australia?
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:05:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Unnamed city (Melbourne?) skyline:

Definitely Surfers Paradise, as Wise 84 pointed out:

Originally Posted by: Wise 84 Go to Quoted Post
The city is Surfers Paradise. You can identify buildings like "Circle on Cavill" and "Q1" in the screenshots.

#35 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:45:48 PM(UTC)
I have a question about the world in forza horizon 3 will the map of Australia will it be the whole country of Australia or will it be part of the country.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 2:35:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FORMULA ONE 44 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HOOKERno1 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen a single drop of rain....

I hope to see rain as opposed to just puddles of water. But then again, does it really rain that much in Australia?

There is Rain, it was shown in a shot at E3. I hope that second sentence is sarcasm, It rains plenty in Australia, especially in the rain forests! We even just had some major floods sweep down the eats coast and also hitting Tasmania pretty hard. All due to an insane amount of rain in such a short period of time.

Originally Posted by: WoodedRacer101 Go to Quoted Post
I have a question about the world in forza horizon 3 will the map of Australia will it be the whole country of Australia or will it be part of the country.

The map thus far has something from every state of Australia bar Tasmania and ACT. But the map itself will only be a small section of what Australia actually is. It is nowhere near a 1:1 scale of our country haha, We're the largest island in the world remember ;)

Edited by user Wednesday, June 15, 2016 2:37:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:30:04 PM(UTC)
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but look at all of the straight roads in the Outback section, including that massive runway. Now I'm sure many people agree and feel the same when I say I cant wait to tune up some top speed cars and see how fast I can get them going. Also to take some off roaders through those jungle sections! I really think they hit it spot on with this Forza and If they say their customization is as good as it is this game is going to be PERFECT, and to think that that isn't even the full map.

(lol sorry I know i got a bit off topic i'm just so excited!)

Edited by user Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:31:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...atalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:00:25 PM(UTC)
I just thought of a rather large burden to a huge map: discovering all those roads.

That achievement better be 50+ Gamerscore ;)

I'm still very excited to see the full thing though. That pic Max linked looks like a very fun map, and there's more to it that couldn't fit on the screen.
One of "The 50"
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 8:44:50 PM(UTC)
Hopefuly they incorporate some sort of replica of the 90 mile straight across the nulabour for top speed runs. Much more exited for this game than I have been for the past 2 motorsport games combined, can't wait
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:09:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
... the 90 mile straight across the nulabour ...

A very difficult drive too without cruise control. Hours of tedium without a bend in the road.

#41 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:00:48 PM(UTC)
I wonder if the Outback section will have Road Trains (Massive Truck convoys for you non Aussies).

Looking forward to testing some of the hypercars on that straight. Looks like it's going to be the longest continual straight in any Forza game so far.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 1:09:52 AM(UTC)
So I've watched a few livestreams and the Aussie accent being put on when the 800hp truck jumps in is grating on my nerves already.

If you can't get an Australian to listen to or god forbid do the actual voice recording, please don't try to put the accent on.

Anyway, this is the most positive I have felt about a Forza in a very long time.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#43 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 4:09:26 AM(UTC)
I really hope there's more than one big city in the game so you can travel from A to B. As much as I'm excited to explore all the new terrains, I'm more of a city guy.
#44 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 4:49:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Anyway, this is the most positive I have felt about a Forza in a very long time.

This. Most certainly this.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:07:55 AM(UTC)
Based on what we've seen so far of the map of FH3 where only one city is indicated, are we too assume that when the game is released there will only be one major city to drive to, not 4-5 as in road-tripping FH2??
- Gilles Villeneuve

#46 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:30:42 PM(UTC)
Byron Bay doesn't look built up like a city but it seems to have plenty of streets like Sisteron or San Giovanni. So far Surfers Paradise seems to be the only built up city. There may be one tucked away in the bottom left corner which we haven't seen yet.

We'll have to wait until that section is revealed but so far it does seem a little bare compared with previous Horizons.

#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:00:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wise 84 Go to Quoted Post
I'll be disappointed if Gold Coast is the only city included.

Hope Melbourne is in there but it might be a bit too large to represent properly.

Yeah, I would too. It's not like Playground game to reveal the entire map at the first showing of the game the likes of which will most likely be turned into the demo version sometime soon. But yeah, I hoping that at least Sydney is included with the iconic opera house to drive past at night and take some stunning photos. Don't know if there are strictures with the Australian tourist board preventing these and other landmarks from bring present in the final version. All in all I hope there at least two other Australian cities in the game to include Sydney and Melbourne!

- Gilles Villeneuve

#48 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:35:01 PM(UTC)
We could be seeing just a fraction of the entire map here. Certainly Surfers Paradise has been chopped in half so the north section of the map could be much bigger. From what we've seen so far there just doesn't seem to be as much going on compared with what FH2 had, and with the FH3 map said to be twice the size of the FH2 one then it's possible that this is just a small fraction of it:

#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:17:22 PM(UTC)
FH2 only really had one city as such in Nice.

All the other locations were more like towns.

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:19:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post
We could be seeing just a fraction of the entire map here. Certainly Surfers Paradise has been chopped in half so the north section of the map could be much bigger. From what we've seen so far there just doesn't seem to be as much going on compared with what FH2 had, and with the FH3 map said to be twice the size of the FH2 one then it's possible that this is just a small fraction of it:

Interesting to look at which areas are not filled in on that map, particularly out in the water .... an island then? Phillip? King?

PC & XB1
9 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error