3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 1:46:40 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,

will we be able to choose suits for the player model?

Because I can't imagine some hipster driving the warthog.
#52 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 2:15:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
FH3 FAQ: Character Personalization

Can I choose or customize my driver?
In this E3 video interview Ralph Fulton mentions 14 different avatar types who are diverse in terms of ethnicity and gender. There is no customization such as clothing or appearance.

User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#53 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 4:01:18 PM(UTC)
https://youtu.be/idaXpy7oO10?t=2m40s

At 2:40 is the character select screen.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#54 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 9:33:58 PM(UTC)
FH3 FAQ: Character Personalization

Can I choose or customize my driver?
In this E3 video interview Ralph Fulton mentions 14 different avatar types who are diverse in terms of ethnicity and gender. There is no customization such as clothing or appearance.

That sucks. Would like some fancy gloves.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:40:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SolarVeloce Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Red R0tor Go to Quoted Post
Any character customization is highly appreciated. It helps immerse me into the game even more, thus making it more fun. I love the idea of seeing someone that somewhat resembles me. Thanks Turn 10 and Playground for doing this. Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.

I couldn't agree more.

Why stop there, add the option to get out of the car and run around Australia. Also ragdoll physics just in case you get hit by a car.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:42:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 5:40:41 AM(UTC)
Every day that passes, I am more eager to play the final version of the game, but as this day comes, I'm playing the demo.

My question is this: We will have more choices of characters in the final game? And will the future we will have new characters by DLC's or as prizes in Forzathon? After all, I found the male characters with very little variety.

P.S: Sorry my bad English.

Edited by user Friday, September 16, 2016 9:01:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#57 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 10:01:38 AM(UTC)
I know we can customize the name of our person in FH3 but I have a name that is not in the game (Utah) and I would like to see if we can get the nickname "Sargent" in the game before the official realise, because I have seen "General" but Sargeant is a very popular name too. So I would like to see the name "Sarge" or "Sargeant" in the nicknames but if it's not possible at this point then so be it. Great game either way!!!
#58 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 4:21:59 PM(UTC)
I think it would be cool to have some basic customization options for your driver and the possibility to exit your car in the future installments of the Horizon series. Looking at all the demo gameplay videos in Youtube at the moment have these crews of players hanging out, parked somewhere while one player flies around with the drone... And it looks a little bit weird that all these people attending a festival just sit around in their cars, looking forward, both hand on the wheel :D

It's not something that would take away too much resources from the development, as I'm sure Microsoft has some assets in their possession to have individual avatars with a walking/running/emote animations to get the devs started, but it would to A LOT for the immersion in the game. Imagine walking around a car meet, being able to open other people's car doors, to look at engine bays etc. Or having a clubhouse/garage for your crew to hang out in, with all your cars on display.

I'm not talking about a pseudo-sims trainwreck like TDU2 was, which forced players to do this. This system should be completely optional, so that people who just wan't to drive around can do that without even menu prompts telling them to customize their character etc.

I genuinely think a player character with basic customization options and possibility to exit the car is the logical next step for the series and to be honest, I'm quite sure we will also see it in the future.
Inertia creeps
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error