15 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:12:58 AM(UTC)
Yeah, they send them out to avoid delays, but Royal Mail are instructed to hold them until a certain date. But if they have too many they have to send them out to make room in the sorting depots, so sometimes you get them early. Which is nice. lol
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:28:43 AM(UTC)
Game in uk you can buy FH3 UE in disc or digital same price as xb store charging, I would say you get day before or on the day, then what ever time of day MS allows you to start it, servers prob crash when everyone trys to play the game at the same time.
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:46:34 AM(UTC)
In Norway hard copy seems to be around 11,91 US $$$ more expensive then xbox store. And then it's shipping on that as well. At least when i've looked at prices around the web from different stores. That's 9,02£ for you brits. Haven't been in a gamestop store yet and checked the difference there tho. Hardly ever use gamestop :p
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:56:47 AM(UTC)
When I pre-ordered at the Microsoft store they assured me it would arrive on the day of the early access. If you bought it at Gamestop they should have them available for pick up. I know they are doing it for Battlefield 1.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 12:48:01 AM(UTC)
Its not live or die with me if i dont get the 4 days early access anyway i was just curious. 3 more days wont kill me haha but itll be a pleasent surprise if it does arrive early. I was considering just getting the digital copy but its just not the same, still love me a disc and box 😂😂
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 10:34:47 AM(UTC)
The ONLY reason im getting the digital copy is due to pc as well. I want to be able to play on my computer. And the fact that you only get that through digital is kind of sad really :/
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 12:03:30 PM(UTC)
"You can pre-order Ultimate Edition at retail for early access too. We worked hard to make that happen."

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/755917952453455876
#33 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:16:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"You can pre-order Ultimate Edition at retail for early access too. We worked hard to make that happen."

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/755917952453455876

Thanks for sharing this Max, now I can rest easy at night while knowing my pre-order is almost paid off.

LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
#34 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 4:48:20 PM(UTC)
Some places have early hard copy, some dont

Subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/...UCe6ZvZX06zuFlFCVxJVSBdg
#35 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 3:53:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: superkollin7 Go to Quoted Post
Some places have early hard copy, some dont

Most major game suppliers here in Australia will supply the Ultimate Aedition, either as a Steelbook version, which comes in a thicker than normal case. Which 'could' mean extra visual content, such as an art development book which some game developers now include with Steelbook editions.

They will also supply Digital Code, which is no doubt for both PC and Xbox One and Xbox One Slim. And both versions can be picked up from the stores.

Or, if ordered online via the stores online shop fronts, they will be shipped the day before early access. Which will be Thursday 22nd September, and knowing Australia Posts usual one working day delivery, you should receive it on the Friday the 23rd. Or from the store if you purchased it from the store of course.

Not sure if some stores will have Midnight Release openings like they used to. They used to be 'The Norm' several years ago, but not these days of digital downloads.

You'd need to check with the managers of the EB Games that you purchased it from. The others, such as JB HiFi, and Harvey Norman Electrical, (only a few still stock games sadly) or minor games get outlets will still just offer the normal in-store and online purchasers early access for all pre-orders.

Hope that helps Aussie gamers a tad....

OZ

#36 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 2:55:01 PM(UTC)
Though I visit these forums from time to time, I rarely comment. But now I am really p*****d so I've come here to register a complaint. For months now (since E3) this game has been advertised as - if you purchase the ultimate edition you will get 4 days early access. Now on xbox live the small print lists that the Australian release will not be 23/09/16 (as advertised previously) - but will relased on 24/09/16 at 3am- a full day and nearly a quarter later.

This is only a small thing but its the principle that I find disturbing. Sorry but that's not what I am paying all this money for. In Australia the Ultimate edition cost $139.95. I'm sick of Australian gamers being ripped off and treated like second class citizens in the gaming world. I'm sure this time delay equates to when the ultimate edition is eventually is released in the US. Again sorry but why should the rest of the world have to wait to placate the American market. Most games now a days have a release tied into time zones - therefore starting with NZ. I'm sure for the standard game release of Horizons 3 that will be the case - releasing first in NZ then in Australia just after midnight on the 27/09/16. Not sure there should be any difference for the ultimate edition release.

I've been holding off prepurchasing the ultimate edition. I was planning on getting the ultimate digital version.

The interest in this game in Australia is huge, its even attracting the interest of non racer, which is saying a lot. Developing a racing game featuring Australia is a big deal here, but it is extremely disappointing that the early play of the ultimate edition, is delayed to coincide with the American release. Thats not just for us those thas for any country that has the misfortune of being ahead of the US time zone. Basically why should we have to wait. Our money is just as good as any other including Ameria, in fact its probably better because of the increased price we have to pay for gaming stuff.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I think Turn 10 and Microsoft have greatly erred, not giving people in Australia and worldwide their entitlement.... ie what they are paying for. I also question their dubious business practice of false advertising. I'm really glad I have not preorder this game yet, and I feel so strongly about this that even though this game was at the top of my wish list, I may not even purchase it now. Or if I do I may get the stand version later when the price has dropped. I was prepared to hand over lots of money, but now they'll be lucky to get a much lesser amount. Doesn't sound like good buisness to me. Way to go Turn 10 and Microsft, and to think, I really thought you were actually changing and moving away from your gready and grubby buisness practices.

Please continue to support your Australian and NZ fans and stop ripping us off.
#37 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 3:06:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: shaggiedo Go to Quoted Post
entitlement.....

So, your complaint is that you get to play the game at the same time as everyone else? How horrible for you.

Also, when you account for the exchange rate, the prices are pretty close to the same. Which you could've found out easily if you'd bothered. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=139.95+aud+to+usd

Edited by user Sunday, July 31, 2016 3:13:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 3:29:03 PM(UTC)
It's 12 AM EST (Eadtern Coast USA) for all countries. Stop whining. You don't see Japanese players complaining. And if you convert United States dollars to Australian dollars, it's the same price.
#39 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 4:05:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: flatdarkmars Go to Quoted Post
entitlement.....

So, your complaint is that you get to play the game at the same time as everyone else? How horrible for you.

Also, when you account for the exchange rate, the prices are pretty close to the same. Which you could've found out easily if you'd bothered. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=139.95+aud+to+usd

No you are missing my point, the game was previously advetised on xbox live that the ultimate edition grants early access of 4 days to everybody. For Australians that was advertised as 23/09/16 at midnight. What I am arguing is that it is false advertising. No where did it list that the early release was tied into US release. My complaint is that they advertised you could get early access according to your time zone. Thanks for the lesson on exchange rates that was such a large component of my post.

Again I state - placate US market.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 10:25:25 PM(UTC)
entitlement.....

No you are missing my point, the game was previously advetised on xbox live that the ultimate edition grants early access to everybody. For Australians that was advertised as 23/09/16 at midnight. What I am arguing is that it is false advertising. No where did it list that the early release was tied into US release. My complaint is that they advertised you could get early access according to your time zone. Thanks for the lesson on exchange rates that was such a large component of my post.

As of 2010, possibly 2011, all game release timelines were changed from the "Pevious" International Date Line.

That USED to be how it was run. We'd have Midnight Release lineups at GAME E.B Games and even Harvey Norman and JB HiFi in some of their larger stores.

This meant NZ got their game releases FIRST at Midnight (00:01) on the release date. Then, 2 hours later, the Eastern Coast of Australia (Sydney, Brisbaine, Melbourne etc) got theirs, then South Australia (Adelaide) then finally Western Australia (Perth) some 8 hours after Sydney.

And of course all other countries that the timeline passed through naturally before it hit the U.S.

Then, approx 16 hrs after that, the Eastern Coast of the States got theirs, then finally the West Coast, where the majority of the developers were, finally got their release date of 00:01 am on the release day. Around 18-21 (incl Hawaii) hours after Australia.

This caused issues with regards to the game being released on a STAGGERED timetable, so that if there were issues, hi ha there often is, the development team would be hard at it by the time the LARGEST number of games were released on the East Coast of The a United States.

Causing huge issues across the board. So the majority of the developers that were located on the Eastern and also the Western Seaboards made the descion to change the actual release date be the time that 00:01 fell on the Eastern Seaboard. So that the ENTIRE GLOBE got it at one specific time. Not such a huge staggered release.

While we might not like it, it's been that way for almost 6 years now, especially since they decided to release a title every 12 months on an overlap basis.

This applied to not only developers like Turn 10 and now Playground Games, but Activision, Ubisoft, Take Two ev etc.

This way, irrespective of the international timeline, we ALL get the game at the very same time based on the Eastern Coast of North America. Eastern Standard Mean Time, remembering that the West Coast is just hours away from the international time line. So they were once getting the game almost 2o+ odd hours later than those on the far western countries, meaning NZ. Now it's only a few hours.

If you haven't noticed this in the last 6 years, then perhaps ppl haven't been as attentive as they needed to be.

Not trying to make anyone out to be less-than. Just trying to point out the reasons b hind the choice.

We (our old Xbox website) had to write up our Reviews and NOT release/publish them online PRIOR to the American release timeline. If we did, we'd receive either a ban, be black flagged, or cop a restriction in receiving early coded or previewing in the future.

So all media outlets were advised of the change, and were obliged by NDAs that they MUST follow the West Coast release timeline, not THEIR timeline.

Make sense now.....?

OZ

Edited by user Sunday, July 31, 2016 11:55:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 11:04:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post
entitlement.....

No you are missing my point, the game was previously advetised on xbox live that the ultimate edition grants early access to everybody. For Australians that was advertised as 23/09/16 at midnight. What I am arguing is that it is false advertising. No where did it list that the early release was tied into US release. My complaint is that they advertised you could get early access according to your time zone. Thanks for the lesson on exchange rates that was such a large component of my post.

As of 2010, possibly 2011, all game release timelines were changed from the "Pevious" International Date Line.

That USED to be how it was run. We'd have Midnight Release lineups at GAME E.B Games and even Harvey Norman and JB HiFi in some of their larger stores.

The meant NZ got their game releases FIRST at Midnight (00:01) on the release date. Then, 2 hours later, the Eastern Coast of Australia (Sydney, Brisbaine, Melbourne etc) got theirs, then South Australia (Adelaide) then finally Western Australia (Perth) some 8 hours after Sydney.

And of course all other countries that the timeline passed through naturally before it hit the U.S.

Then, approx 16 hrs after that, the Eastern Coast of the States got theirs, then finally the West Coast, where the majority of the developers were, finally got their release date of 00:01 am on the release day. Around 18-21 (incl Hawaii) hours after Australia.

This caused issues with regards to the game being released on a STAGGERED timetable, so that if there were issues, hi ha there often is, the development team would be hard at it by the time the LARGEST number of games were released on the West Coast of The a United States.

Causing huge issues across the board. So the majority of the developers that were located on the Western Seaboard made the descion to change the actual release date be the time that 00:01 fell on the Western Seaboard. So that the ENTIRE GLOBE got it at one specific time. Not a staggered release.

While we might not like it, it's been that way for almost 6 years now, especially since they decided to release a title every 12 months on an overlap basis.

This applied to not only developers like Turn 10 and now Playground Games, but Activision, Ubisoft, Take Two ev etc.

This way, irrespective of the international timeline, we ALL get the game at the very same time based on the Western Coast of North America. Pacific Mean Time, remembering that is just hours away from the international time line. So they were once getting the game almost 2o+ odd hours later than those on the far western countries, meaning NZ

If you haven't noticed this in the last 6 years, then perhaps ppl haven't been as attentive as they needed to be.

Not trying to make anyone out to be less-than. Just trying to point out the reasons b hind the choice.

We (our old Xbox website) had to write up our Reviews and NOT release/publish them online PRIOR to the American release timeline. If we did, we'd receive either a ban, be black flagged, or cop a restriction in receiving early coded or previewing in the future.

So all media outlets were advised of the change, and were obliged by NDAs that they MUST follow the West Coast release timeline, not THEIR timeline.

Make sense now.....?

OZ

What exactly are you trying to say here. The standard edition is available for play at midnight on the 27th why not the ultimate edt on the 23rd. From memory major games like Halo 5 and Destiny were avaliable to play digitally at midnight on the day of release. from what I can tell your point is mute and irrelevant to this discussion. Sorry hope that helps.
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 11:24:38 PM(UTC)
The point the fellow before was making is, that he wanted to know WHY he couldn't get his game at midnight in Australia on the release day (or time) which IS NOT the same time as they ACTUALLY release date GLOBALLY.

The releas date for the game, irrespective of its type, Standard or Ultimate, IS 00:01 on the 27th September.

And, like all games previous, all,variants are available at the exact same time.

It's always been that way, especially with Turn 10 and Playground Games.

I wa simply pointing out WHY there's such a huge difference in many Australian gamers NOT getting the game until our actual 28th, not our 27th,,which is the point the chap was making.

Or 24thnwithnregrads to the Early Access. The time/date WE get it, is in fact THE EXACT SAME TIME as those in the States, and every other country. With the exception of Hawaii, as they get it 2hoirs after the W stern Coast does. As Hawaii is extremely close to the International Dateline.

And if you read the original post from the Australian gamer, you'll see WHY I explained it that way. So that both parties could understand WHY.

IN fact BOTH US gamers and Australian gamers get it at exactly the same time. It's not he timeline that confuses ppl.

Does that help clear up the matter regarding time differences...?

Quote:

#36 Posted : about 9 hours ago
Though I visit these forums from time to time, I rarely comment. But now I am really p*****d so I've come here to register a complaint. For months now (since E3) this game has been advertised as - if you purchase the ultimate edition you will get 4 days early access. Now on xbox live the small print lists that the Australian release will not be 23/09/16 (as advertised previously) - but will relased on 24/09/16 at 3am- a full day and nearly a quarter later.

This is only a small thing but its the principle that I find disturbing. Sorry but that's not what I am paying all this money for. In Australia the Ultimate edition cost $139.95. I'm sick of Australian gamers being ripped off and treated like second class citizens in the gaming world. I'm sure this time delay equates to when the ultimate edition is eventually is released in the US. Again sorry but why should the rest of the world have to wait to placate the American market. Most games now a days have a release tied into time zones - therefore starting with NZ. I'm sure for the standard game release of Horizons 3 that will be the case - releasing first in NZ then in Australia just after midnight on the 27/09/16. Not sure there should be any difference for the ultimate edition release.

I've been holding off prepurchasing the ultimate edition. I was planning on getting the ultimate digital version.

The interest in this game in Australia is huge, its even attracting the interest of non racer, which is saying a lot. Developing a racing game featuring Australia is a big deal here, but it is extremely disappointing that the early play of the ultimate edition, is delayed to coincide with the American release. Thats not just for us those thas for any country that has the misfortune of being ahead of the US time zone. Basically why should we have to wait. Our money is just as good as any other including Ameria, in fact its probably better because of the increased price we have to pay for gaming stuff.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I think Turn 10 and Microsoft have greatly erred, not giving people in Australia and worldwide their entitlement.... ie what they are paying for. I also question their dubious business practice of false advertising. I'm really glad I have not preorder this game yet, and I feel so strongly about this that even though this game was at the top of my wish list, I may not even purchase it now. Or if I do I may get the stand version later when the price has dropped. I was prepared to hand over lots of money, but now they'll be lucky to get a much lesser amount. Doesn't sound like good buisness to me. Way to go Turn 10 and Microsft, and to think, I really thought you were actually changing and moving away from your gready and grubby buisness practices.

Please continue to support your Australian and NZ fans and stop ripping us off.

OZ

Edited by user Sunday, July 31, 2016 11:33:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 11:37:37 PM(UTC)
I am the guy before. I am the one wanting to know. I distinctly remember playing the games I mentioned (Halo 5 and Destiny) at midnight my time while others in the US had to wait up to 15 hours. Pretty sure they were both in the last 6 years. I understand the variant thing you tried to explain. My point is it should have been clearly stated months ago that the ultimate version would not be playable untill that time in US. Not falsely advertised that you could 4 days early play in your time zone. I find that very underhanded. Thats the point Im trying to make.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 11:52:43 PM(UTC)
it states that you can play it on 00:01 CET on the realese date.. ''00:01 CET'' - isnt that the locale time for the country? if thats the case it is already explained when players will have acces arround the globe With 1 min of Google search on time zones... ore am i wrong?
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 12:04:27 AM(UTC)
I am the guy before. I am the one wanting to know. I distinctly remember playing the games I mentioned (Halo 5 and Destiny) at midnight my time while others in the US had to wait up to 15 hours. Pretty sure they were both in the last 6 years. I understand the variant thing you tried to explain. My point is it should have been clearly stated months ago that the ultimate version would not be playable untill that time in US. Not falsely advertised that you could 4 days early play in your time zone. I find that very underhanded. Thats the point Im trying to make.

As GamerBlade mentioned, it's clearly stated that the release date/time is based on Central Eastern Time zones.

So you're not being "ripped off" or "cheated", or even given "false advertising" or information.

It's more often the case of quickly reading something, and missing some of the details mentioned.

They have to look at the logistics of releasing a game at one time, and that no matter what time the majority of the globe was at, they would get the game at the same time.

Sadly that means those that run along the long international Dateline west of Centraln Eastern Coast, actually get the game at the latest, around 8-10 hours later (extreme point would be Hawaii)...I believe L.A. And San Fransico in approx 8 hrs after N.Y and Chicargo? And Hawaii is an extra 2 hours on top of that.

Would that be the case guys (US residence??)

You're not being hard done by, in fact, you're better off than those on the far West Coast and Hawaii. So let's consider ourselves lucky, ok.....

Just got not the game.... And play it for at least a full day, 24 hrs of gameplay, before spouting off bad comments about its performance. Let's make Aussie gamers great gamers, not whiners.... Please...

It's really odd feeling leaving Australia in the world vining of say the 20th and then landing in San Fransico 13 hrs later and it be the morning of the day we left...... Scratches head hard..... It can really throw your head into a spin. Arriving home, we arrive a full day later than the day we left. Something odd happens going back over the International Dateline. Throws your body clock right off.

As we go backwards in time going to the U.S. Across the Pacific Ocean. All over water for 13hrs... Scary mate?...

OZ

Edited by user Monday, August 1, 2016 12:13:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 12:24:17 AM(UTC)
thanks OZ. im not any good on local time zones, but Google allways helps :-)

We are all in the same boat. my country is 8 hours Ahead. i just need to wait a few hours (in my case a night's sleep and i have acces)

patients is a virtue!
#47 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 12:40:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GamerBlades Go to Quoted Post

We are all in the same boat. my country is 8 hours Ahead. i just need to wait a few hours (in my case a night's sleep and i have acces)

patients is a virtue!

No worries mate.

Sadly for some, Paitence is not a virtue, it's a pain in the rear. And often shows the inability of some to see things from other sides. We re all in the same boat eventually. But ultimately, we just have to learn that there's things in life we have no control over. And complaining about it, even after exolsinations are given, is not going to achieve anything.

I went through a huge numbers of "writers" (cough cough) when I was EIC of our website, as some just didn't get what a legally binding NDA meant. Even after having it fully explained to them fully thet THEIR word or honour was at stake, and that breaking it just didn't even mean they were being held accountable legally, but the entire site, myself especially.

I must sadly say that it was often from much younger writers or would-be writers. As they've grown up in a world where they believe they have the right to say and do exactly what they want when they want it.

In journalism, you don't have that luxury, irrespective of how some might see the media.

Yes, Google is an amazing little tool these days. Best thing since sliced bread and hot tubs lol.......

OZ

Edited by user Monday, August 1, 2016 12:44:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 12:54:07 AM(UTC)

patients is a virtue!

No worries mate.

Sadly for some, Paitence is not a virtue, it's a pain in the rear. And often shows the inability of some to see things from other sides. We re all in the same boat eventually. But ultimately, we just have to learn that there's things in life we have no control over. And complaining about it, even after exolsinations are given, is not going to achieve anything.

I went through a huge numbers of "writers" (cough cough) when I was EIC of our website, as some just didn't get what a legally binding NDA meant. Even after having it fully explained to them fully thet THEIR word or honour was at stake, and that breaking it just didn't even mean they were being held accountable legally, but the entire site, myself especially.

I must sadly say that it was often from much younger writers or would-be writers. As they've grown up in a world where they believe they have the right to say and do exactly what they want when they want it.

In journalism, you don't have that luxury, irrespective of how some might see the media.

Yes, Google is an amazing little tool these days. Best thing since sliced bread and hot tubs lol.......

OZ

Your right my friend. i Guess not everybody are so Lucky to be born right after the second world war.. those People are allot more patiance than other.. i Wonder why? (no i don't ;-) )

keep up the good spirit! Your one of few that acually thinks before they Write in here :-)
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 1:11:41 AM(UTC)

patients is a virtue!

No worries mate.

OZ

Your right my friend. i Guess not everybody are so Lucky to be born right after the second world war.. those People are allot more patiance than other.. i Wonder why? (no i don't ;-) )

keep up the good spirit! Your one of few that acually thinks before they Write in here :-)

Thanks mate, comments are most appreciated ...

I have friends of all ages, and you're on the money with regards to those born in an era that was not automatically "plugged in" from birth. We had to not only grow up without the ammenities that SO so many take for granted in modern countries, but we had to grow into it.

I love technology, love learning new stuff, building websites from ground up not knowing anything about it. But having to learn it rather than it sort of being taken up by osmosis.

So dealing with the various generations that tech is norm, and where tech is learnt, does give one a broader experience of things. It's been a great life experience. Gaming has helped me (and MANY others in Forza) learn ways of dealing with huge pain. And being at an age where others of similar age groups are enjoying sitting on the veranda, I prefer to take up,tasks yo learn more and ideally help,others where possible.

Sadly, we do live in a world where tech now rules, and is expected thet all others 'must' know.

This then crosses into, the gaming world. I'm sure we're going to learn to love how Horizon is delivered (digitaly or hard copy). And how the gameplay is delivered (Arcady or semi-realistically).

Ultimately it's about one main thing... Having fun... Nothing more really.

OZ

#50 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 1:45:27 AM(UTC)
@Gamer and Xboxer. Sorry you guys understanding on this release time stuff is just wrong. Please get your facts right before you spruke off. Xboxer please reframe from offering an opinion about my worthiness or representativeness of australia gamer it makes you look a bit small. I actually now dont care. I hope other people dont feel ripped of and mislead like I do, only time will tell. Enjoy the game guys just let other people express their opinion. End of conversation for me now.

15 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error