5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 9:12:36 PM(UTC)
Unfortunately I have no reply to your question but am bumping this as I'm curious too.
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 9:21:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IJSTKKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post
I never got a notice but I saw on the map there was a yellow circle with the drivatar symbol which I know means I have a drivatar to go Challenge and if I beat him then I can hire him as one of my four people. However I spent about a half hour driving around in that yellow circle and never located the driver. Then after a period Of time the yellow circle disappeared. So I'm still stuck with just three hired drivatars.

Also at some point do I get to choose who I want as my hired drivatars, because it gave me some random friends that played the demo that I know will never play the game so they won't help generate any fan support for me. I would rather manually add some of my friends that have the game. Is this going to be available once I get all four drivers or do I have to just wait for the game to occasionally throw somebody at me?

i was having the same issue today, i went into the circle and it would not spawn the drivatar.

to answer your second question, i got all 4, and it seems that it will just keep giving you random ones to go challenge and if you beat them, you can replace one of your 4 with that one, or decline it if its worse than all of them. if there is a way to manually pick some, i havent found it yet.
#28 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 12:10:29 AM(UTC)
Once you have completed your initial drivatar line-up, FH3 will still offer you to beat new drivatar in head to head (some of them were my friends but they were worst than my initial line-up)
Concerning convoy breakup to start drivatar "head to head", you should be able to dismiss your running convoy using ANNA
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:06:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
In this week's IGN Unlocked podcast Ralph Fulton gives a video interview and mentions that you can hire up to 4 Drivatars at any one time. You can also get up to 4 Drivatars in a freeroam convoy by honking at them. http://www.ign.com/artic...on-3-developer-interview

"How do I interact with my Convoy?
You can communicate with your Convoy through ANNA. ANNA can start a race with your Convoy, or disband it. You can also disband your Convoy on the Pause Menu by pressing View."
https://dlassets-ssl.xbo...US/index.html#FAQArticle

How can you honk at them if the honk function cannot be mapped with those of us using a wheel? Thrustmaster TX for example?

#30 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:49:17 AM(UTC)
Hmm, I think you first have to disband the whole convoy by pressing the menu button.
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:03:58 AM(UTC)
How do you fire drivers to replace them with someone else?

I have beaten one twice now and it says to hire it I have to fire someone but can't figure out how to fire.
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:10:35 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know if you fire a drivatar will they ever pop back up to be challenged again to replace them back into your lineup? Also, I know when you go to hire a new drivatar it shows on there stat card their credits, XP and the number of fans they have, but it does not describe how those earnings affect your stats. Is there somewhere in the menu system where you can see how your hired drivatars are doing for you?
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:37:21 PM(UTC)
Im interested in knowing this as well
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:01:17 PM(UTC)
I've been trying to figure that out too. I haven't noticed any changes after switching them out.
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:13:06 PM(UTC)
My first complaint about the ones you hire: Why aren't they all my friends?

I have my regular group of Forza friends who all have Horizon 3 already, all are above level 50, etc. They're established for the time being. Why am I getting recommended people who are level 1, aren't on my friends list, and probably won't buy Horizon at all?

My second complaint (this ties in with OP): Why aren't the hirable drivatars on some sort of list we can go back and check on?

Maybe someone on our current roster stops playing and we can replace them with someone better. Every person you beat should go onto a roster to scroll through from time to time.
#36 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:19:55 PM(UTC)
This is my first ever horizon game I have ever played, But not the first forza game, I've played FM 5 and I believe 4? Not quite sure though.
I don't really understand how the lineup drivatar things work...
They have lifetime earnings... What do these mean and how does it effect you?
Any help is appreciated... thanks
#37 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:34:47 PM(UTC)
This is new feature and I can't say with certainty that I totally understand but having got to the point of having a full driver lineup and have fired and rejected new drivers.

You get better line up bonus for drivers that have higher stats. Fans stats help fans rewards etc. when you get 5th driver and have to pick the stats show which one is better (red/green) similar to comparing handling stats.

Hope that helps a bit. Blind leading the blind. Sorry
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:54:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZerotheWanderer Go to Quoted Post
My first complaint about the ones you hire: Why aren't they all my friends?
I have my regular group of Forza friends who all have Horizon 3 already, all are above level 50, etc. They're established for the time being. Why am I getting recommended people who are level 1, aren't on my friends list, and probably won't buy Horizon at all?

I think your initial drivatar team may all be level 1( it was the case for me with 3 level 1 player) but later, FH3 should offer you to beat your friends/others players that have a higher drivel level. I think PG did that so you continue to do head to head races (you need them to unlock more street races)
It was the case for me (now my lineup is 2 friends that played FH3 already and 2 unknown FH3 player). For info, I just reached level 25

Edited by user Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:55:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 5:14:39 AM(UTC)
Pause the game and you will see on the screen to the left the option to dis-band the convoy.
To fire some one, when you are on the comparison screen, highlight the one you want to fire and press A.
I have fired a friend and then re-hired him a couple of days later when his stats improved. Not sure why he improved as he doesn't have the game.
#40 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 5:23:18 AM(UTC)
Shouldn't we be able to hire friends of our choosing in order to help them get more money and xp? I'm constantly hiring random drivatars. If this is a design decision it's weird to say the least.
#41 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 5:57:58 AM(UTC)
What is the point of convoy? If the game explained why I should care about it I must have missed it.
#42 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 6:14:29 AM(UTC)
Lately, I've only been getting drivatar recruits of friends that haven't even played, nor will probably ever play the game. I don't think I've hired anyone in about 6 or 7 attempts.

Edited by user Monday, September 26, 2016 6:19:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1939 Mercedes-Benz T80 (Cancelled via WWII) - 3000hp 44.5L V12 - 470mph (Projected)
#43 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 11:13:41 PM(UTC)
Obviously when they were saying "hire your friend's drivatars", it was a misleading feature expo. What they meant was: Play with a bunch of random drivatars and hope the friend who plays is one of them. Brilliant.

Hopefully they put in something to give us a degree of control. So far, I've gotten lucky (if you cant call it that) and hired 1 of my friends who actually plays the game, and 2 of the other 3 hires are players who have been ranking slowly but steadily. My problem is the same as everyone here, I keep getting options to hire friends who never plan to play this game and thus I do their meaningless "hiring match" just to get it out of the way. I have to decline hiring them because everyone else in my list is better. I do know of one friend who plays this game religiously, and he plans to get this game tonight. I was very excited at the prospect of hiring his drivatar. It is sad that I cannot hire him at will because it keeps giving me everyone else on my friend's list. Now I might have to wait forever for him to show up. It's a missed opportunity by Turn 10/Playground Games.
#44 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 11:22:00 PM(UTC)
It's odd they sometimes get it and sometimes don't, but the theme in general is to give players choice.

Blueprint is a very positive direction but there are still many places where things can be improved.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#45 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:09:28 AM(UTC)
I think I read somewhere that drivatars in your convoy can help you with discovering items such as travel and XP boards. Does anyone have some info on how exactly that works? If they are all driving near me on the same road sure they don't unlock much more than what I already do myself. Or is it more for off-roading?

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:22:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
I think I read somewhere that drivatars in your convoy can help you with discovering items such as travel and XP boards. Does anyone have some info on how exactly that works? If they are all driving near me on the same road sure they don't unlock much more than what I already do myself. Or is it more for off-roading?

A perk is needed for that. I think it's a 1 Skill Point one, listed under the same set of perks that you can get the Bentley in.

How it works? Don't know. I'm assuming if you drive around a bunch and a convoy member is close enough to a board/barn find to get it to register, it'll show up on your map.

Edit: Found it in the Skills and Perks list thread.

ManteoMax wrote:
1 | Seek and Destroy | Drivatars will look for secrets and help you discover collectables while in a Convoy.

Misspoke above, It's listed under the Skills category, the one where you can get the Gallardo.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:29:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

One of "The 50"
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:11:50 AM(UTC)
Yes thanks I'm level 150 so I already have all perks. Was just not sure how it would all work out.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#48 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 7:33:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post

A perk is needed for that. I think it's a 1 Skill Point one, listed under the same set of perks that you can get the Bentley in.

How it works? Don't know. I'm assuming if you drive around a bunch and a convoy member is close enough to a board/barn find to get it to register, it'll show up on your map.

Edit: Found it in the Skills and Perks list thread.

ManteoMax wrote:
1 | Seek and Destroy | Drivatars will look for secrets and help you discover collectables while in a Convoy.

Misspoke above, It's listed under the Skills category, the one where you can get the Gallardo.

I'm wondering the same thing, since the convoy follows me everywhere I go then they aren't much help in finding secrets for me.
So far this seems like a worthless perk, i drive in convoys all the time and i've never had one find a secret for me.

#49 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 12:01:17 PM(UTC)
What's the point of convey? It's fun but what is the point?

Edited by user Monday, October 3, 2016 4:12:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 12:36:11 PM(UTC)
So now that we have the game, how do the drivatar's stats affect your game if they are in your lineup? Others have asked, but no one knows for sure?

When you beat a new drivatar, it shows a nice little comparison vs your hired guys (xp, fans, and earnings) but what is important?
Every man is unwaveringly convinced he is both of two things: a sensational lover, and an unbeatable driver. No evidence to the contrary will ever convince him otherwise.
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error