5 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 11:07:05 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Hire and Fire Your Friends
While Horizon Blueprint is set to quite literally change the game in Forza Horizon 3, it’s only part of the story. Remember, as boss of the Horizon Festival, your goal is to earn fans. That means attracting the best drivers available to join you and help bring more fans to the party. That’s where Drivatars come in. Drivatars have become a huge part of the Forza experience, and being able to drive with and against the Drivatars of your friends and acquaintances is a uniquely Forza experience. With Forza Horizon 3, we’re taking that one step further, giving you the opportunity to hire and fire your friends – or, more precisely, your friends’ Drivatars.

With the new Drivatar Lineup feature, you can hire a friend’s Drivatar just be finding them in the world and beating them in a race. Once you’ve got them onboard, you’ll earn rewards based on their performance in the Horizon Festival. With only a limited amount of slots available, you’ll only want to keep your highest-performing friends in your Festival – and you’ll be informed how things are progressing each time you log on to the game. If your friend isn’t getting the job done, let them go and look for another hot shoe to take their place.

http://www.forzamotorspo.../en-us/news/fh3_announce

Hire up to 4 Drivatars at anyone time. You can also get up to 4 Drivatars in a freeroam convoy by honking at them. http://www.ign.com/artic...on-3-developer-interview

"How do I interact with my Convoy?
You can communicate with your Convoy through ANNA. ANNA can start a race with your Convoy, or disband it. You can also disband your Convoy on the Pause Menu by pressing View."
https://dlassets-ssl.xbo...US/index.html#FAQArticle

Edited by user Saturday, September 24, 2016 1:29:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:38:50 AM(UTC)
Seems pretty cool. Not sure what kind of data will be given us, but I like the idea of somewhat caring about drivatar messages received.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:07:28 AM(UTC)
I don't know if this counts as a Drivatar feature, but in this video, the first character played as seems to have purple nails (visible starting at 1:49), which would seem to indicate some sort of character customization or at least a male/female option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VztGj90gRqk
More characters than sense.
#4 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 3:43:01 PM(UTC)
How will the hire/fire function work as to your car? Is it based how good you do? Kinda like how drivatars are trained as you first play the games. Or is it like Hire a driver in past forzas?

Would be interesting if they went by how you are doing in the game in a given day and your hired out drivatar either really killed it or had a horrible horrible day.
#5 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 10:13:12 PM(UTC)
I imagine this is an extension of drivatar capabilities so there are likely algorithms that come into play.

Sounds like it will work similar to how current drivatars earn money for you in other people's games. You login for the first time in the day and a message will be waiting for you to tell you what your reward is.

Something like that but probably broken down to each friend and possibly with extra categories.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#6 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 11:52:22 PM(UTC)
I'm interested to see more about this feature as I think it would be good if each of the drivatar's you hire has their own vehicle they favour for each class based on what that friend drives the most for their races.

For example, drivatar 1 uses an Astra VXR for class B, a tuned Toyota GT86 for class A and a Nissan GT-R for class S1, therefore, those are the vehicles they would use in races. In Horizon 2, the drivatars could only ever use the same vehicle class in races meaning there was very little variety.

Another option would be that each drivatar favoured one type of vehicle such as JDM, modern muscle, extreme offroad etc. meaning there were mutliple types represented in each race.
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:32:08 AM(UTC)
So I understand you hire and fire friends Drivatars, but what if I have no friends? Will it be like forza 4 where you can hire someone to drive for you but you don't have to?
I still get to do races myself right?
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:47:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: q1 6teen Go to Quoted Post
So I understand you hire and fire friends Drivatars, but what if I have no friends? Will it be like forza 4 where you can hire someone to drive for you but you don't have to?
I still get to do races myself right?

You still do races yourself. This drivatar feature is like supplemental income, but they gain you fans not money, but since they used the word "reward" it may mean both. Itd be similiar to how our own drivatars make us a supplemental income now when we arent playing.
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:58:27 PM(UTC)
You can also honk your horn at Drivatars to create a Drivatar convey to cruse around with you. :)
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:28:14 PM(UTC)
So... if a drivatar is suppose to match my style of how I drive on the open road and how I race, would those two situations be different?

I drift when I race. Fast. Will others see that on my drivatar? ;)
#11 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 7:15:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Emrickninja Go to Quoted Post
So... if a drivatar is suppose to match my style of how I drive on the open road and how I race, would those two situations be different?

I drift when I race. Fast. Will others see that on my drivatar? ;)

Ive never seen a drivatar drift, so no they dont match your style to a T. They seem to just copy if your a clean or dirty driver and possibly things like how you take certain types of turns ie hairpins, sweeping corners
#12 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 7:50:52 AM(UTC)
I assume they will be similar to Horizon 2 on Xbox One, but will change their cars according to event restrictions and which fitting car in those restrictions is most used by the player.
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 3:46:47 AM(UTC)
Looking at gameplay videos from FH3, it looks like there's a serious case of rubberbanding AI going on - with players being overtaken while they're going full speed, only to have the AI slow down and let them catch up, only to overtake again etc.. I get the argument for having this, you let casual/novice players feel like its a close race, but personally it ruins all the fun when I'm having a perfect lap and the AI just drives by like I'm not even trying. And it doesn't feel rewarding at all when you then catch up to it again either.

Can we please, pretty please, with suggar on top, have an option to turn that rubberbanding/"catch up" behaviour on the AI off?
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 4:03:45 AM(UTC)
Honestly, you can tell from the scant promo videos that it's proper racing that's going on during a promotional media showing video?

It's been my case when previewing such footage at media events, and where there's no real hands-on gameplay to lay ones hands on, is that the the footage is just the team playing with the various cars, environments and features etc in order to show it off.

Speeding past cars, then slowing down as if passing. And generally just goofing around showing off the features of the game.

It often amazes me that so many gamers that have been clambering all over the place for this game, start knocking it from just simply viewing some promo videos, and without even getting their hands on even a demo.

Give the game at least some credit. That'd be one of the main things that would have been addressed during the build.

Let's wait until you get your hands on some actual real gameplay before throwing stones or suggesting things that are almost impossible to assertain from just promo videos.

As while they might look like races, they are not usually made using real gameplay. They often use in-game footage,(which is clearly stated as a caveate on-screen) so you see the 'real thing' as it would appear in the game. But the actual gameplay is another matter.

OZ

Edited by user Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:01:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 6:26:36 AM(UTC)
I dont know how the ai will be when the game releases, but the one thing that stuck out to me when watching various people play is that the ai doesnt lose speed like the player does when going through that big puddle with the crocs in it. This is a problem in forza 6 as well, the ai arent affected by puddles where we lose speed and many times comtrol of the car. Im not gonna say its a big problem because if there arent many instances where we need to drive through water it wont matter, but if we do have to i hope it gets fixed.
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 4:48:56 PM(UTC)
Will the feature of one of the drivatars leading by a mile still be there?
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 9:00:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Male Tiger Go to Quoted Post
Will the feature of one of the drivatars leading by a mile still be there?

I've been playing FM5 to pad out my rewards points (and quite enjoying it too) and I realised that this happens even back in FM5 .... Only noticed it in FM6 previously.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:37:18 PM(UTC)
In this week's IGN Unlocked podcast Ralph Fulton gives a video interview and mentions that you can hire up to 4 Drivatars at any one time. You can also get up to 4 Drivatars in a freeroam convoy by honking at them. http://www.ign.com/artic...on-3-developer-interview

"How do I interact with my Convoy?
You can communicate with your Convoy through ANNA. ANNA can start a race with your Convoy, or disband it. You can also disband your Convoy on the Pause Menu by pressing View."
https://dlassets-ssl.xbo...US/index.html#FAQArticle
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:40:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vaariaal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ultimat3Burnout Go to Quoted Post
Something I've noticed in a few of the Gameplay videos is this strange Symbol above some of the Drivatars, I'm wondering if this is a symbol that is displayed on the Drivatars that you hire?

That sounds about right.

Yup. That "D" symbol appears on the map to signify all drivatars, and appears in the game HUD only for the Drivatars you've hired into your lineup.
#20 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 1:19:22 AM(UTC)
I know FH3 is a open world game but does this mean that you cross paths with human players or will it be just the usual AI?
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 6:07:26 AM(UTC)
The short answer is AI.

The longer answer is "drivatars", which is a way of saying AI that ostensibly mimics the driving styles of players. As such they will have the real gamer tags of the players they're supposed to mimic, and you may be more likely to encounter the drivatars of people from your friends list. For all the marketing-hype that accompanied the introduction of drivatars in FM5 & FH2, I don't find that it actually makes much difference, except that you end up seeing people's stupid gamertag names instead of normal-sounding human names like we had in earlier games.

There is also online free-roam with actual players, and of course all manner of online racing, but these are things you have to actively choose to do. The default state when you fire up the game places you into the open world populated by "drivatar" AIs.
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:55:44 AM(UTC)
I never got a notice but I saw on the map there was a yellow circle with the drivatar symbol which I know means I have a drivatar to go Challenge and if I beat him then I can hire him as one of my four people. However I spent about a half hour driving around in that yellow circle and never located the driver. Then after a period Of time the yellow circle disappeared. So I'm still stuck with just three hired drivatars.

Also at some point do I get to choose who I want as my hired drivatars, because it gave me some random friends that played the demo that I know will never play the game so they won't help generate any fan support for me. I would rather manually add some of my friends that have the game. Is this going to be available once I get all four drivers or do I have to just wait for the game to occasionally throw somebody at me?
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:37:11 PM(UTC)
What happened to hire your friends? I have yet to hire any of my actual friends. It keeps telling me to hire drivatars and they are all random.
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 1:25:27 PM(UTC)
The random four that the game picked for me are complete garbage. I would like to hire my friends that I actually play with and not some random people.
#25 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 1:40:17 PM(UTC)
I know how to get cars to join the convoy but how do you get the convoy cars back to normal Drivatar mode? I need to challenge a Drivatar but it is in the convoy and the game will not let me. Put simply, once you get a car to join the convoy how do you get it to unjoin......if that's a word.
Thanks,
Dale Burke
5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error