4 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 11:05:32 AM(UTC)
Quote:
You’re in Charge
In previous Forza Horizon games, you’ve been a participant in the world’s biggest cars and music festival. In Forza Horizon 3, you’re the boss. That means you’ll be making the big decisions that affect the festival. From choosing when and where to expand the festival sites, all the way down to the music that is played and the events that take place – the decisions are up to you. Your goal is to win fans until your festival is the most popular in the world.

Now, simply casting you in the role of the “head of the Horizon Festival” is one thing. The real fun is found in the power that you will have in Forza Horizon 3, which sets this apart from any previous game in the series. Simply put, you have the power to tailor every experience in the game to your own tastes. That’s done through a brand new feature we call Horizon Blueprint, which lets players create their own gameplay and instantly share it with friends.

Horizon Blueprint
With Blueprint, you can take any of the hundreds of pre-created events in Forza Horizon 3 and customize them to your exact specifications. That can include things like changing the route for a particular event, the time of day and weather conditions, the eligible cars, event restrictions, and more. You can even give an event its own name, which is important because you’ll be able to share your event and see the events that all your friends have created automatically populated in your world. Those events will even have custom posters automatically generated based on the event type.

Should you choose to play any of your friends’ Blueprint events, you’ll earn the same rewards and the same fans that you’d earn for doing the “preset” event built into the game. Between prebuilt events, your own customized events, and those events that your friends dream up, Blueprint provides a virtually limitless stream of events and fun. But it doesn’t stop there.

Remember Bucket Lists – those lists of special challenges that every player should try before leaving the Horizon Festival? Blueprint works with them too. Players can use the Bucket List Blueprint to create brand new challenges, using the same tools that the game designers use. Choose a challenge type, the car you wish to use (including its livery and tuning setup), set the conditions, choose the music, give it a name, and set the difficulty by completing the event yourself. Then you can send that Bucket List Challenge to your friends as a direct challenge to see if they can top your score.

http://www.forzamotorspo.../en-us/news/fh3_announce
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 4:40:07 PM(UTC)
I really hope this is in no way required. I want to PLAY games, not MAKE them.
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:44:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mietha CAG Go to Quoted Post

The article clearly stats that there are preset events. You just have the option of sprucing it up to fit your play style.

I actually really like this. The gripe I had with Horizon is that it got boring quick and the events were dull. Not sure if it'll be an amazing single player but it sure does sound better than the other Horizons.
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:19:34 AM(UTC)
^ Agreed, rather than having the same cars and routes as in previous Horizons at least we can make it fun.

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:33:48 AM(UTC)
Actually I really see potential here! (Yay)

So a guy like me who like to do longer races might be able to edit a lot of races to a much longer route in cars I want to race with.
It somehow seems to be what we wanted to have in FM6...
But please make the devisions clear and good! And formost add the DLC cars, that are coming, to those in a logical way. Not as in FM6.....
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:18:24 AM(UTC)
Cool idea, but of all the GTA:O I've played, I've played user-created events maybe once. I'm level 120, fyi. Not huge, but enough to show how much I play.

What I'd like to see, though, is the ability for us to customize the pre-loaded events a little; even if that means little more than selecting your starting grid placement, I'd be happy.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:19:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:00:56 AM(UTC)
I want to make the Horizon festival Classical music themed. :D
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:58:39 AM(UTC)
So it sounds like from the wording there won't be any kind of route creator, just the option to choose from any of the routes and set a bunch of parameters, but it's not entirely clear. I'd quite like to see this demoed to get a better picture of what options there actually are.
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 12:52:37 PM(UTC)
Three words: Quick Race Mode.

This was once a standard feature in almost every racing game. I'm very happy it's being introduced into Forza Horizon 3 :) Making custom events is what I like the most in racing games, it's what keeps me playing them even after finishing the career mode.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:44:54 PM(UTC)
I seriously hope you can select the following 2 items :

allow upgrades YES/NO
allow tuning YES/NO

That would seriously make my day as I'm tired of being forced to upgrade my cars in FM6.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:11:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Poison Muffin Go to Quoted Post
So it sounds like from the wording there won't be any kind of route creator, just the option to choose from any of the routes and set a bunch of parameters, but it's not entirely clear. I'd quite like to see this demoed to get a better picture of what options there actually are.

That's the way I read it as well.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:55:50 PM(UTC)
Really cool idea for multiplayer, custom games and coop, but career mode should be career mode.
Hope where will be different and big amount of pre created events.
They need to make more variety, random conditions for every event. I miss this thing in previous games.
Hope career will be good.
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 3:28:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AngryManticore Go to Quoted Post
Three words: Quick Race Mode.

This was once a standard feature in almost every racing game. I'm very happy it's being introduced into Forza Horizon 3 :) Making custom events is what I like the most in racing games, it's what keeps me playing them even after finishing the career mode.

YES! We need Quick Race (sometimes known as Custom Race or Single Race). Pick a track, set the AI, traffic, day/weather conditions, go. All racing games used to have this.

We also need to be able to choose what car class and what event type (street, rally, King/Infected, etc) when we go online. Horizon 2 gives no choice and you are not allowed to ever use your D-C-B cars because everybody votes for S1/S2 every single time.
 3 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:03:10 PM(UTC)
So true about votes for S1/S2.
I hate this.
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:13:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ssrdemo Go to Quoted Post

That's the way I read it as well.

I have been listening to interviews on Twitch and during the black panthaa interview, the dev says "change the route".

So maybe we can?

Edit: it is around the 10:30 mark he starts talking about Blueprint.

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:16:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:50:32 PM(UTC)
maybe im thinking too much into being in control of EVERYTHING but they seem to stress that, and what i've heard, seen, I think you can do quite a bit with the races. If you can full blown create your own races this game will be endless, there will always be races... it's actually insane thinking about it. And if the campaign is 100 hours that's before you even touch all the side stuff, created races and such... it's nuts
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 12:32:52 AM(UTC)
Had another listen and he says you can "edit the event to change the route, change the number of routes and publish your version of the event".

I'm cautiously optimistic.

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#18 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 4:13:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
Had another listen and he says you can "edit the event to change the route, change the number of routes and publish your version of the event".

https://youtu.be/X5lJRWLFCVE

Listen closely after 1:50 :"change what route it takes place on"

Sounds like preset routes you can choose. Sadly no free route editor :(
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 8:36:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SchneeKobra9233 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post

https://youtu.be/X5lJRWLFCVE

Listen closely after 1:50 :"change what route it takes place on"

Sounds like preset routes you can choose. Sadly no free route editor :(

Not the same interview I listened to.

Find the Black Panthaa stream on Twitch.

They again, it could have just been a poor choice of words by the interviewee. So I guess we have to wait and see.

I would love to hear the question asked and answered directly.

PC & XB1
#20 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 10:56:07 AM(UTC)
Hope there are some big hills so i can build some soap box derby events. They used to be very popular in Forza 4 on Fujimi Kaido. Getting a car and coasting down a set route trying to keep your momentum up is quite nerve wracking at times. lol
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 12:18:49 PM(UTC)
So it sounds like from the wording there won't be any kind of route creator...

If you could change just one aspect of a route then presumably you could change the entire route. Sounds like a route creator to me.

Brian Ekberg wrote:
That can include things like changing the route for a particular event...

Brian Ekberg wrote:
...using the same tools that the game designers use.

http://www.forzamotorspo.../en-us/news/fh3_announce

#22 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 10:17:50 PM(UTC)
I wonder though if "changing the route" means selecting from routes that are predefined?

Also we could be given the same tools but not the same level of access as the devs .

Hope I am just being cynical though.

PC & XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 11:11:53 PM(UTC)
I would like to know if it'd be possible to change the length of the race/event. Longer races would be awesome
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:16:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mietha CAG Go to Quoted Post

Please do your homework before posting this sort of thing? The game is there for you to play..you will probably never complete everything the game has to offer..all theyre saying is if you want to be creative you can be
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:20:56 AM(UTC)
I would also like to know if you can CREATE a route..or just pick a preset? Better to create it really!
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error