10 Pages<<78910PrevNext
#201 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 9:45:19 AM(UTC)
I was able to use Groove Music without the subscription and have it play my OneDrive playlist. So you don't have to sign up for a 14 day trial to use Groove Music, I think I just hit No thanks or Cancel and then it let me in to play my own music. Your music does have to be in a Playlist and then you set the Playlist in the Settings.

Of course you couldn't do any of this until you beat the Race the Train PR Stunt, which is a pretty dumb design decision (just like not being able to join or make a Club until you have 250k+ fans).

Then once I had the Groove Music Station, I realized you can't shuffle play the songs, no Skill Songs, no DJ. So it's pretty useless and now I just stream Spotify or use iTunes shuffle play in the background with the Forza radio set to Off.

Edited by user Monday, September 26, 2016 9:46:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#202 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 11:27:41 AM(UTC)
I was disappointed by the Groove radio station in this game, the tracks either crash or skip like crazy at least every other song. Just use the Xbox One's Background Music feature with Groove instead, works far better than the in-game Groove radio station.
#203 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 11:52:08 AM(UTC)
Everyone, the Turn 10 team have noticed the problem that Groove Music has in Horizon 3, so they're getting it fixed now to stop the songs from crashing and skipping! :)
#204 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:28:21 PM(UTC)
Why can't we use groove music online? I mean as in like online freeroam.
 1 user liked this post.
#205 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:17:24 AM(UTC)
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere already, but the forum search doesnt seem to work currently, getting an error every time i try to search

Still confused about streaming own music stored on OneDrive. I managed to get it working on first day, by creating a playlist containing music stored on my one drive. However, a few days later it now tell me that this playlist can only be played with a groove subscription, even though its exactly the same playlist that was working before. I tested the playlist on a few other platforms (incl Xbox app) and it was working fine.

There are quite a few contradicting statements on the internet, some claim it requires a Groove subscription, others say its not required as long as the playlist only contains music stored on OneDrive.

The official MS groove music FAQ (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/groove/onedrive) says this:

Quote:

Do I need a Groove Music Pass subscription to play music from OneDrive?
No. You don’t need a Groove Music Pass subscription to play your music from OneDrive, it’s free!

Can someone please shed some light on this mystery?

And please dont tell me that, apart from paying 100 USD for the UE edition, and paying for Xbox Live Gold, AND paying for my OneDrive via Office 365, i also have to pay for a Groove music subscription to play my OWN music i already paid for. Please dont....

1 user liked this post.
#206 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:03:32 AM(UTC)
Well i've been playing FH3 while having my own music playlist (uploaded to the music folder on my onedrive) playing in the background, and I don't have a groove music subscription. When it asks you to subscribe, just back out and change the playlist setting in your pause menu> settings> audio and you should be good to go :)

So the simply answer to your question is no, you shouldn't need a subscription to play your own uploaded music in FH3.
#207 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:24:33 AM(UTC)
Thanks for confirming mate, so its a bug and not a "feature". Strange thing is it worked for a day and now i'm getting the subscription needed message.
I already tried to change the playlist setting in audio options, but that didnt work. Guess Groove somehow thinks that some tracks in my playlist are from the groove cloud and not my oneDrive. i'll rebuild my playlist and see if that fixes the issue.

cheers

Edited by user Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:25:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#208 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:31:06 PM(UTC)
So I've been testing it out today when I unlocked the radio station. I first added Groove Music's own songs to a Playlist. I selected the Playlist in FH3 and listened to several songs and there were zero issues. Songs played fine, no skips and no weird stuff. So then I made another Playlist and added my own songs from my own music collection to it. At first it seemed fine but then when I started a race my music wasn't playing. Switching to another station and going back didn't help at all. So I went to the game's audio settings and I selected the Playlist that consisted of Groove's own music.

It played instantly without any issues. I then selected the other Playlist of my own music and nothing played. I really hope they fix this soon because creating a Playlist is easy as can be and selecting it in the game too and it's great stuff. And it's cool to have a 15 day trial for Groove Music but I am not planning on getting a subscription for it. So after this trial I will be using mostly my own music on Onedrive. Man what a let down, i was so happy when they announced this feature.

Do you guys have this too? Either way, Playground, please please fix these issues. I can live with no shuffle option, although i would love one, but at least get this working please. So for me it's not even that songs are skipped, they barely play at all. Yet as soon as i switch to the other playlist that has Groove's own music it all works. Right now i wish they would let your own songs simply play via Onedrive without the whole Groove Music thing. Some 360 games had that, custom radio stations. Why does it have to be a hassle now? Is there also no way to just add separate songs to a playlist in Groove Music? I really dont necessarily need full albums in it.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:13:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#209 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:40:55 PM(UTC)
Same issue, get part way through a song and it just starts skipping, plays fine using background music feature...
#210 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:28:15 PM(UTC)
I can't even select the Groove Music Playlist from audio options because it's greyed out.

#211 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:48:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Premoz Go to Quoted Post
Same issue, get part way through a song and it just starts skipping, plays fine using background music feature...

For me i hear the first two seconds of a song, it then skips back to the beginning, and then skips right back to where it left and plays fine from there. But that is IF a song plays at all.

It sucks because just now i thought i had found what the reason was. Earlier this evening i had my making playlists in the Groove App on Xbox One while the game was on. Someone on Reddit said i should quit the game, then make/add playlists and then start the game again. So i did that, and it was playing songs fine, hell...even songs that i had added from my Surface that weren't even on my Onedrive and then just for no reason it stopped playing any other track.

I seriously hope they fix this soon.
#212 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:15:09 PM(UTC)
The Groove station is a great idea, but it does have some bugs. It skips through a song just like other people reported, and there is no shuffle feature, which makes the station kinda useless.
#213 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:21:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tommy Ferrari Go to Quoted Post
I was disappointed by the Groove radio station in this game, the tracks either crash or skip like crazy at least every other song. Just use the Xbox One's Background Music feature with Groove instead, works far better than the in-game Groove radio station.

I am gonna try that. I assume that gives you shuffle as well. I am sick of starting the game at the start of my playlist all the time.
I blame the ants.
#214 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:08:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Devias Go to Quoted Post
Then once I had the Groove Music Station, I realized you can't shuffle play the songs, no Skill Songs, no DJ. So it's pretty useless and now I just stream Spotify or use iTunes shuffle play in the background with the Forza radio set to Off.

None of this bothers me, really. If you were a little more creative you might consider uploading commercials and talkshows and the like if you have any; so it's not just song after song after song with nothing inbetween.
You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
#215 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:08:28 PM(UTC)
Can I get some help please. I was able to get my Playlist to play from the songs I have installed on my One drive, however, it's only playing 3 of the 50+ songs I have in there. Is this a glitch? Does it need a patch or is there a workaround I don't know about...
#216 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:28:59 PM(UTC)
what is the background music feature called is it on groove?
#217 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:58:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PoetiC SkillZ Go to Quoted Post
Can I get some help please. I was able to get my Playlist to play from the songs I have installed on my One drive, however, it's only playing 3 of the 50+ songs I have in there. Is this a glitch? Does it need a patch or is there a workaround I don't know about...

Oh it severely needs a patch because it really is barely working now when it comes to your own music. The really weird thing is, just now it fully played a whole album, not without issues though. It messed up the beginning of every single track and then it played properly. Then another song came on and it just didn't play at all. I really don't get this issue but i seriously hope the developer is looking at these posts, because such an awesome feature should not have these problems. I find it ridiculous that there are exactly zero issues when you use Groove's own material. It's so incredibly easy to make a playlist and it shows up in the game right away, you don't even need to launch Groove Music on the Xbox One for it....but right now it's just broken. :(

Oh now i even get the previous song just completely barging through a new song for no reason at all. Was listening to a new song and the previous one just took over...come on now.

Edited by user Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:35:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#218 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:21:29 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Monday, October 3, 2016 8:01:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#219 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:10:13 AM(UTC)
Why wasn't the dev team PowerPoint slide that had bullet-ed "Product Synergy - FH3 & Groove Music!" identified as not actually being synergistic... and how long until that "ah ha" moment actually does click?
#220 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:34:01 AM(UTC)
Yeah it's really bizarre. I've now been able to listen to two full albums without any problems, but these were all Groove Music's own songs. They really have quite a few issues to fix for it though. I just hope it will actually happen because that Ultimate Edition has been out for a week now.
#221 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 4:31:08 AM(UTC)
I've got all the 8 standard radio stations signed but how do I get groove radio signed so I can play my own music? I've done all the showcases
#222 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2016 10:31:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Devias Go to Quoted Post
I was able to use Groove Music without the subscription and have it play my OneDrive playlist. So you don't have to sign up for a 14 day trial to use Groove Music, I think I just hit No thanks or Cancel and then it let me in to play my own music. Your music does have to be in a Playlist and then you set the Playlist in the Settings.

Isn't working, so apparently, Microsoft wants us to pay 10 rubees a month, just to use an ingame-station. I am really disappointed that you can't even use a free "Light"-version of Groove Music after the trial.

And really, who wants to do that if they won't use Groove Music outside Horizon 3 anyway?

Looks like we have to play our own music over XBOX Music and stuff then.

Edited by user Saturday, October 1, 2016 10:37:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#223 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2016 3:18:04 PM(UTC)
Hi guys, I have watched youtube videos on the subject and done everything as necessary - I have One Drive installed on my PC, with all my songs on it, I have Groove music, with a playlist created, and I have beaten the train race. So why do I still not have the option to choose a groove music playlist in my audio options? Please help me out here.
#224 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:54:39 PM(UTC)
So there was a new update for the game..yet nothing about this BS has been fixed. It's quite sad really.
#225 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:56:28 PM(UTC)
Groove Radio still not fixed on Xbox One, come on Turn 10, the PC version of the station works fine but not the one on Xbox, what gives?
10 Pages<<78910PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error