10 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
#151 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:06:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steve Rcgers Go to Quoted Post
To the mods: please add a function to the forum where our messages are saved while we're typing in a topic that's being closed. Now I have to start over again and this happened several times already! Just make it so the message box stays, but we receive an error saying it's gone.

To above: I was going to tell you this was going to be moved, but as you can see that already happend.
I'm not sure if I'm in a country that's supported (it does work), but I'll try and help anyway.
Did you upload your music into the existing music folder on OneDrive, or did you create a new folder yourself and named it 'music'?

Yeah, I noticed it (btw thank you mods for moving it to a more proper thread)! :D

As to your question, I have not created that folder. It was there by default (on the web version of OneDrive, when it is empty, it gives a message on the background talking about placing my music there in order to play it anywhere with Groove).

It works for me too, but only on the Windows 10 PC app version (I can create playlists, I can play any song which I upload on OneDrive on them), but that may be because they are also stored locally on the OneDrive folders.
#152 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:12:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deadsh0tGG Go to Quoted Post
To the mods: please add a function to the forum where our messages are saved while we're typing in a topic that's being closed. Now I have to start over again and this happened several times already! Just make it so the message box stays, but we receive an error saying it's gone.

To above: I was going to tell you this was going to be moved, but as you can see that already happend.
I'm not sure if I'm in a country that's supported (it does work), but I'll try and help anyway.
Did you upload your music into the existing music folder on OneDrive, or did you create a new folder yourself and named it 'music'?

Yeah, I noticed it (btw thank you mods for moving it to a more proper thread)! :D

As to your question, I have not created that folder. It was there by default (on the web version of OneDrive, when it is empty, it gives a message on the background talking about placing my music there in order to play it anywhere with Groove).

It works for me too, but only on the Windows 10 PC app version (I can create playlists, I can play any song which I upload on OneDrive on them), but that may be because they are also stored locally on the OneDrive folders.

Could you maybe try and test this with a USB? Take a song, move it to your USB so it's not on your computer anymore and upload it to OneDrive. See if it still works on Windows 10.
Have you also checked the songlist instead of your playlists on the Groove Music App?
#153 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:52:26 AM(UTC)

Could you maybe try and test this with a USB? Take a song, move it to your USB so it's not on your computer anymore and upload it to OneDrive. See if it still works on Windows 10.
Have you also checked the songlist instead of your playlists on the Groove Music App?

I just tried this (I had to pause syncing in the OneDrive client, since whatever I upload on the "web" OneDrive, it automatically gets downloaded to the local OneDrive folders). The result is the same as in the other two devices. No songs. So the problem exists also on the PC app.

Yes I have, nothing on the songlist / albums on either (now all 3) app versions.

#154 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:11:58 AM(UTC)

I just tried this (I had to pause syncing in the OneDrive client, since whatever I upload on the "web" OneDrive, it automatically gets downloaded to the local OneDrive folders). The result is the same as in the other two devices. No songs. So the problem exists also on the PC app.

Yes I have, nothing on the songlist / albums on either (now all 3) app versions.

I'm afraid this has to do with it not being available in your country then. I don't see why it wouldn't work otherwise. I was thinking of an older Groove Music App version, since it has been updated tied in with Background Music support, but I take that would not be the case on all of your devices.
I'm out of ideas for now, I'm sorry man.
#155 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:36:16 AM(UTC)

I'm afraid this has to do with it not being available in your country then. I don't see why it wouldn't work otherwise. I was thinking of an older Groove Music App version, since it has been updated tied in with Background Music support, but I take that would not be the case on all of your devices.
I'm out of ideas for now, I'm sorry man.

No problem mate, thank you for taking the time to help me out, really!!! :D

Guess I will have to stick with Background Music feature (though obviously Groove is out of the question, Pandora is also not available, so my only options are other apps who offer this).

Kinda feels bad though. I was really looking forward to this feature of FH3, but I guess Greece is still not an important market for MS to offer the majority of their services/apps.
#156 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:38:15 AM(UTC)
Funny thing is yesterday I downloaded the groove app again and it worked. I'm guessing they updated it since the demo was being released. Now I have to see what other songs I wanna add but gotta check out the app more to see what I can find. Since I have the free month to check it out.
#157 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:44:47 AM(UTC)

Guess I will have to stick with Background Music feature (though obviously Groove is out of the question, Pandora is also not available, so my only options are other apps who offer this).

Kinda feels bad though. I was really looking forward to this feature of FH3, but I guess Greece is still not an important market for MS to offer the majority of their services/apps.

I don't know if you use the Xbox Store often, or any of its services, but another thing you could try is simply set your region to UK or US. I've played like that for months before we had the option to change region and language independently because I didn't want everything to be in Dutch. I think I even got the same updates as everyone else while I had it like that. Just take note you don't buy anything in that store, and if updates don't automatically pop up for you, change it once a week, update and change back to UK.
Try it and see if it works.
#158 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:52:32 AM(UTC)

I don't know if you use the Xbox Store often, or any of its services, but another thing you could try is simply set your region to UK or US. I've played like that for months before we had the option to change region and language independently because I didn't want everything to be in Dutch. I think I even got the same updates as everyone else while I had it like that. Just take note you don't buy anything in that store, and if updates don't automatically pop up for you, change it once a week, update and change back to UK.
Try it and see if it works.

I am in the same boat with you (I am more comfortable with having every setting / menu / etc in English rather than my native Greek) that's why I have already set every region setting to US (even before I discovered this "issue")

I guess that changing the region on the devices doesn't work (in case someone reads these posts and has the same issue).
#159 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:58:43 AM(UTC)

I am in the same boat with you (I am more comfortable with having every setting / menu / etc in English rather than my native Greek) that's why I have already set every region setting to US (even before I discovered this "issue")

I guess that changing the region on the devices doesn't work (in case someone reads these posts and has the same issue).

Well that is strange. Are you sure it's still on US? Maybe it changed automatically according to your location when the update happened.
If it is, maybe give UK a shot? Who knows .. Also try deleting the app and reinstalling it as said above.

#160 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:05:46 AM(UTC)

Well that is strange. Are you sure it's still on US? Maybe it changed automatically according to your location when the update happened.
If it is, maybe give UK a shot? Who knows .. Also try deleting the app and reinstalling it as said above.

Believe me, uninstalling - reinstalling the Groove app in all 3 of my devices was one the first things to do! :D Didn't work eventually.

I will give changing to UK region a shot though.

EDIT: Changing the region to UK did not work in any of my devices.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:14:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Update the post

#161 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:32:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully the 'music off' option will continue as well.

Nice, going for that awkward silent drive, me too.
#162 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:14:59 AM(UTC)
Going by the Demo it looks like Groove has to be unlocked? or is it just for the demo? If it has to be unlocked have they said how far into the game it is?
#163 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 4:24:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: evanswolves82 Go to Quoted Post
Going by the Demo it looks like Groove has to be unlocked? or is it just for the demo? If it has to be unlocked have they said how far into the game it is?

Yes it does have to be unlocked. I think someone somewhere said/wrote you'll unlock them early on in the game.
#164 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:32:29 AM(UTC)

Yes it does have to be unlocked. I think someone somewhere said/wrote you'll unlock them early on in the game.

Or, if you have already created a playlist in Groove, can the station be unlocked after you pick your starter car at the start of the game?
#165 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:39:00 AM(UTC)
I'm already getting myself a playlist all set up for Forza Horizon 3, I've got 72 tracks of "I don't have a reason to listen to the in game music anymore!"
You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
#166 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:04:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FHB97 Go to Quoted Post

Or, if you have already created a playlist in Groove, can the station be unlocked after you pick your starter car at the start of the game?

Don't get your hopes up. Every press preview video showed the first 30 minutes of the full game, which lets you choose between the 4 exact same cars, as well as the same music stations after. Groove Music Station will be unlocked later through campaign, but still early on.
#167 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:57:59 PM(UTC)
This is great. One more piece in the puzzle.

1. Torana
2. Choose the character wearing a flannel
3. AC/DC on the radio through Groove channel
4. Slow laps of Surfers at night.

All that's missing is a bottle of Jack and a pack of Winnie reds to complete Bogan Simulator 1986.
#168 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 5:33:38 PM(UTC)
I am really amazed for Groove Music to be included in a game like this, nothing is better than to cruise to your favorite songs and playlists (although I will be just running Spotify on background ;D), instead of hearing the same songs over and over again like in FH1 which was the last Forza game I played actively.
Inertia creeps
#169 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 4:35:43 AM(UTC)
Will Groove music stations be specific to players/account holders or will it be possible for friends to hear my Groove music?

Example: My friend co-ops with me during my Horizon Festival races. If he should switch to the Groove Music station will "MY" Groove Music stream on his end, or will he hear his own specific Groove music?
1st Place Designs
#170 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:54:57 AM(UTC)
Looking forward to this. Going to get some ambient synth pop blasting as the sun rises over a crest I'm doing 200mph over ;)

https://youtu.be/3B7-mKohEcc
#171 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:25:53 PM(UTC)
I am not sure how groove radio will work. Will you need an active paid membership to use it,

Or will it be like the Xbox One custom music where you don't need a paid membership to use your own onedrive music?
Auction house sniper and car flipper.
#172 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:50:26 PM(UTC)
Wow.. I never realized people actually use and PAY for Groove. I thought we'd all use Apple Music guys.
// PC // i5 6600 // GTX 1070FE // 64GB // M.2 1024GB // 34" Dell UltraWide 21:9 // 3440x1440p //
#173 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:01:10 PM(UTC)
Anyone unlocked groove music yet I've unlocked 4 stations but Groove Music still seems to be locked?
#174 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:06:52 PM(UTC)
Just unlocked it after signing 6 stations. 😄
#175 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:07:44 PM(UTC)
Keep playing, it may unlock after the second Showcase event.
10 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error