10 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#126 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:12:01 AM(UTC)
When we use Groove music station, will there be also a radio DJ talking between the songs? That would be great. :)
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#127 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 4:03:17 PM(UTC)
How do I do this? (As in how do i use the Groove Music?)

Subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/...UCe6ZvZX06zuFlFCVxJVSBdg
#128 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 4:14:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
When we use Groove music station, will there be also a radio DJ talking between the songs? That would be great. :)

Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Yes and NO: Yes there is VO for the main characters and your onboard assistant letting you know about important stuff like new events, barn finds, friends online, etc. - but there is no DJ voice for the Groove music station, it's just your music.

#129 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 4:31:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: superkollin7 Go to Quoted Post
How do I do this? (As in how do i use the Groove Music?)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080138

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/groove-and-onedrive

Edited by user Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:11:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#130 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:52:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JoystickChick95 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to everyone that replied to me, don't want to multi quote so many people, going to look into the subscription to Groove.

To the people with a subscription is it good? Worth the money? I've seen you can get a 30 day trial but I don't want to activate that until closer to release so I can try it out paired with the game longer than I'd get by starting the trial now.

I can tell you from having Groove for 2 weeks that it is really nice so far. I hear it has had many improvements over the past year or so since it became Groove, before it used to be Xbox Music.
It is simple and very easy to find and search for new music to add to your collection. If you have a phone that has Windows, iOS, or Android you can use the Groove Music app to listen to music using your subscription online or offline at will, wi-fi or using your data connection. The main thing I love the most is I can form playlists from albums and songs I like within a split button press, type the name you want for the playlist, bam, start throwing in albums and songs you see right there on the spot, unlimited music all for $10 a month, no boundaries. My review so far, the GUI, music playback, finding music and the stuff I enjoy, this app gets a solid 10 so far. I am very pleased with Groove Music. I say give it a shot. I think you may like it depending on how much you listen to music. :D
#131 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 4:17:34 AM(UTC)
Will I need to get a subscription on Groove Music to use this or can I just add my music to OneDrive and then stream it in the game?
#132 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:53:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lankfisher Go to Quoted Post
Will I need to get a subscription on Groove Music to use this or can I just add my music to OneDrive and then stream it in the game?

No you don't need to purchase a subscription to use OneDrive for your music. You should be able to just upload your music to OneDrive and then the game would stream it right there. If you want to take music from the Groove Music app, then yes you would need a subscription.
#133 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:00:24 AM(UTC)
Some good voiceactors could create dj talking and advertising for real life cars / tuning companys. Just add them as mp3s in your list. It will boost the immersion.
#134 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:01:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nirvanic Ascent Go to Quoted Post

No you don't need to purchase a subscription to use OneDrive for your music. You should be able to just upload your music to OneDrive and then the game would stream it right there. If you want to take music from the Groove Music app, then yes you would need a subscription.

Actually you do not need a subscription for Groove Music, you use the OneDrive to port music over to Groove Music and then proceed to make a playlist and then add the songs in the playlist and then in-game it should let you play the playlist from your Groove Music account which is free, the subscription on the other hand just allows you to access their huge library of music if you're too lazy to use MP3's lol
#135 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:18:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nirvanic Ascent Go to Quoted Post

Actually you do not need a subscription for Groove Music, you use the OneDrive to port music over to Groove Music and then proceed to make a playlist and then add the songs in the playlist and then in-game it should let you play the playlist from your Groove Music account which is free, the subscription on the other hand just allows you to access their huge library of music if you're too lazy to use MP3's lol

We don't need a subscription to use Groove itself of course, but in the game from what Ralph Fulton said himself we are able to stream music using OneDrive or a Groove Music subscription. It would be great for people to be able to just use Groove naturally without the subscription and play their music that is on their hard drive through the Groove app. I'm sure he may not have been as specific as we all wanted him to be on that topic, so I'm sure he left some things out for us to discover for ourselves, but you never know. I mean if you're on PC it's not a problem either way since you can just alt-tab your way out the game and play whatever music you like regardless of what source it's from, it would play in the background. Xbox users it's a tad more complicated for them to just play whatever without native music playing support in Forza Horizon 3 for Xbox One. The only people who really know how it works are the developers right now, or the lucky ones who got to play the full game at the press event. I'm curious to see how it will play out, I plan on playing the game on PC, but I actually recently got a Groove Music subscription a few weeks back, I love it so far. I'm really happy with it for the devices I use daily.
User is suspended until 10/20/2044 11:21:33 AM(UTC)
#136 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:55:53 PM(UTC)
If I want to use OneDrive to put my own music in FH3, under what folder should the music files go in? What should be the folder's name?

Mod Edit - Petition link removed. Do not repost - D
#137 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 4:54:09 PM(UTC)
Ive done the groove app and the one drive, works on my computer but wont play on my xbox 1. Went threw xbox support like four times and spent six hours on the phone with no resolve.

Edited by user Thursday, September 8, 2016 4:57:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#138 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 5:23:21 PM(UTC)
Although this has been discussed numerous times already, and you people need to learn to be patient, read previous posts in a thread and search, I'm taking the time to once more explain this.

In OneDrive, go to your music folder. It's already there, so do NOT create a new folder. I'm note sure if this URL works, but it should redirect you to the music folder. Just put your music in there, and you're done on the OneDrive part.
On your Xbox One, download the Groove Music App, login if necessary and give it a minute to load your music. You should be able to find it in your 'songs' tab (not sure what it's called) and can then create playlists with your songs as well. you do NOT need a subscription for this at all, and I don't think you will need one to play music through Groove Music Station in game either. I bet it will work the same as the background music function, which works perfectly fine without subscription.

For more information visit the official Xbox FAQ here. (which you could have found yourself as well had you taken the time to simply search on google, feels like people can't do anything themselves anymore these days).

Edited by user Thursday, September 8, 2016 5:26:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#139 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 5:27:43 PM(UTC)
groove is actually quite good. Coming from a guy that has countless albums and hundreds of gigs of music stuffed in itunes for years. Things seem pretty streamlined and i liked the playlists they set up for the most part.
#140 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 2:54:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: superkollin7 Go to Quoted Post
How do I make my own playlist? I have never used Groove

I've actually made a tutorial on my channel if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJRZiBwxVdw

#141 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 4:34:22 PM(UTC)
I really do hope that I'll be able to use my personal library of music that is on my hard drive instead of some subscription based service which is not even supported in my country and 5GB's of storage on OneDrive is simply laughable and just pitiful. We are in freaking 2016 and they decided to simply downgrade the storage option instead of leaving it or raising it.

Gotta give Google credit for giving me about 150GB's of free storage for the next 2 years. Back to what I wanted to say... big hopes for using personal storage as an option for music because trying to fit about 80GB worth of music into a 5GB OneDrive storage is NOT an option for me and it never will be.

I don't use streaming based services for music that much anyways and paying for them is a bigger no, no for me. Most of them don't even work here anyways... Oh well, it's not like these big companies care about small countries like us either. Sigh...

Edited by user Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:42:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#142 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:21:27 AM(UTC)
If I got Xbox One, but i don't have any Win10 PC's I can forgot about this feature? It would be very kind from MS If they share similar tool for Mac OSX or other OS.
Gz
#143 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:35:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZiomekPL98 Go to Quoted Post
If I got Xbox One, but i don't have any Win10 PC's I can forgot about this feature? It would be very kind from MS If they share similar tool for Mac OSX or other OS.
Gz

You don't need a Windows 10 System, just a Microsoft account.

You can upload your music into your Music folder on http://onedrive.live.com (with drag and drop, its pretty easy) and listen to it from your Xbox with Groove or any device that supports Onedrive/Groove music (even your internet browser).

Edited by user Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:41:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#144 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 4:17:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: McLarenP1 Boy Go to Quoted Post
If I want to use OneDrive to put my own music in FH3, under what folder should the music files go in? What should be the folder's name?

They should go in the music folder.
#145 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 12:04:34 PM(UTC)
If I use Groove Music than will I still need to pay for a subscription or can i play the music through the game?
#146 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 12:46:31 PM(UTC)
Thanks @Steven o Bird,
Now I can order BOX ultimate edition without any hesitations :) I hope we will able to switch songs forward and backward.
#147 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:04:53 PM(UTC)
I'm looking forward to this game, but I'm not familiar with the one drive. I think I understand what it does. What I'm curious about is if I'll be able to load my songs from my iPhone to my XB1.
#148 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 6:01:51 PM(UTC)
How is our music going to be displayed in-game? Will the system use the "Title - Artist.mp3" format or will it use file's metadata?
#149 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:45:54 AM(UTC)
(Before I continue, I would like to note that I post this topic after I had no success with the MS Answer Desk, the OneDrive Support, searching for an online solution on the Internet and of course reading the troubleshooting OneDrive - Groove - Xbox pages. However if any moderator find this irrelevant to this forum, please excuse me and delete this topic. I also apologize beforehand for the -probably big- length of this. Thank you! :D )

I am having some issues with Groove Music, which I started using recently only because of the upcoming Groove Radio in FH3.

So here it is: I upload my music to the Music folder in OneDrive. Afterwards, I go to the Groove app in my Windows 10 laptop. Everything is there as it should be. So I create a playlist to prepare for FH3. However, there is an issue. I go to the Groove app on XONE, but there is nothing over there. The playlist has synced, so I go to that, but I can not play any songs from there (you will see the message I get latter :) ). I go over to my Windows 10 mobile device (a Lumia 930) and I get the exact same issue as on the console.

Has anyone encountered this problem? I would like to note that I live in a country (Greece) where Groove is not supported (I knew it before all this, I just thought it was only about playing the service's music with Music Pass). This means when I go over to my OneDrive (on the web) and I click to play a song from there, it redirects me to -what I believe is- the Groove Web Player. There I get the unsupported region thing. Can anyone who lives in a non-Groove country verify/confirm/try if they get this issue or if it works for them?

Here are two SS from my smartphone (I get the exact error messages on the XONE):

(left: when I press play on a song, right: when I press "play all")

If you have made it this far, thank you for your time and I once more apologize for this wall of text :D
#150 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:55:54 AM(UTC)
To the mods: please add a function to the forum where our messages are saved while we're typing in a topic that's being closed. Now I have to start over again and this happened several times already! Just make it so the message box stays, but we receive an error saying it's gone.

To above: I was going to tell you this was going to be moved, but as you can see that already happend.
I'm not sure if I'm in a country that's supported (it does work), but I'll try and help anyway.
Did you upload your music into the existing music folder on OneDrive, or did you create a new folder yourself and named it 'music'?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:56:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

10 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error