#51 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 4:16:35 PM(UTC)
To Noobertson,

Thank you for replying.

Disable iGPU at device manager doesn't change msinfo32's result.
Only way to change msinfo32's output is disable at bios.

I think most people who can't download Forza Apex have same probrem about this "iGPU" mutter.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 11:23:12 AM(UTC)
can't download the game. error says 0x80240024. anybody can help me?
#53 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:27:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mightylieven Go to Quoted Post
can't download the game. error says 0x80240024. anybody can help me?

Same error code here. I had Apex installed but it wasn't updating to latest version so I uninstalled it - now Im getting the error above. (Tried all the online suggestions e.g WSreset)

#54 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:14:44 PM(UTC)
I was running the game a week ago and had given up on Wheel support ever coming so I uninstalled it. Now with the news of wheel support being added I went to download it again so I could test it out with my G27 and I get the error 0x80240024. I press start download and it says try that again error. I hope someone finds a fix for this and is kind enough o share it on here. Any help would be great.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:13:20 PM(UTC)
Go To Settings, Updates, "Looking for info on the latest updates?" Press on "Learn More." It'll Take You To https://support.microsof...update-history?ocid=1607 .
Download and Install The Latest Update Of Windows That They Have Posted, Which Should Be The Anniversary Mode, and After That, You Should Be Able To Install It!
#56 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:21:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACE7492 Go to Quoted Post
I was running the game a week ago and had given up on Wheel support ever coming so I uninstalled it. Now with the news of wheel support being added I went to download it again so I could test it out with my G27 and I get the error 0x80240024. I press start download and it says try that again error. I hope someone finds a fix for this and is kind enough o share it on here. Any help would be great.

Make sure you get the windows anniversary patch, I had to download manually before I could get the newest apex update. There is a link on the store page, hope this helps.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:05:31 AM(UTC)
Good afternoon if you are still having problems downloading forza 6 apex try this link and update to the anniversary edition of win 10

https://support.microsof...indows-10-update-history

I m in the process of testing it and will report back to let you know if successful
#58 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 4:46:28 AM(UTC)
I've upgraded to the Anniversary Edition and I still can't download. The Install button is grayed out and I'm going absolutely crazy trying everything to get it to work.

I think the people here saying disable the iGPU are onto something, but I can't figure out how to do it. My 2 standalone graphics cards show DX Feature 11 but it seems to be reading my onboard GPU and I can't figure out how to disable it. If anybody could be so kind as to help me fix this problem I'll paypal a small amount of money, seriously.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:44:09 PM(UTC)
Looks like a cool game. It is a shame that it forces you to you to use the Microsoft store which seems to be fatally flawed. I really hope they give up on this stupid system and move on to other distribution. I would love to try the game, but it's just not worth the effort and the pain in the ***. of trying to figure out why things wont even let you install the game. There are far too many, easier to use, more user friendly sources for other games out there.

Fix your system or distribute elsewhere. No one wants to use your stupid Windows store.
#60 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 9:44:35 AM(UTC)
Windows store told me I didn't have the requirements of 4 gigs of video memory and DX12. I have both so I knew windows store is not refreshed. I found the command to reset the windows store:

wsreset

ran it and it worked!!
#61 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 8:25:30 AM(UTC)
Anyone found a solution to this. My system is ok with the following info

ystem Information

Time of this report: 1/13/2017, 18:23:15
Machine name: DESKTOP-96CPJUR
Machine Id: {84FAA44C-89E8-4B46-B391-F91CA36AD3A8}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
System Model: H81MG
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/27/14 10:30:18 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
Page File: 2506MB used, 7553MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode
#62 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 6:41:35 PM(UTC)
Hello. Mine worked after i restarted the Store app.
#63 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2018 9:54:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wreked96 Go to Quoted Post
Ok so i went to the Windows Store but when i go to Forza 6 Apex the Download Button is greyed out, it says "To use this app, you´ll need a device with more features"

I Have a EVGA GTX 560 (Non Ti), an AMD Phenom II 940 at 3.4GHz, and 8GB RAM.
I Know i do not own a "Monster PC" But i´ve been able to run games like Project Cars with pretty much everything on high and ultra settings, it also can handle new games pretty well. i think i can run Forza AT LEAST in ultra low settings in worse case.. so i think this is pretty unfair that i can´t even get to try the game.

OK, so here is the problem, i am not being a smart@$$ but just giving you my 28 years of IT field experience, including 7 years working for a PC manufacture and 6 years working for a ISP. Your problem is that you spent to much money on a nVidia GPU (back in the day) and then didn't have enough for a good CPU, don't pair nVidia and AMD, it's not a good match, nVidia (GPU) and Intel (CPU), sure, AMD (GPU) and Intel (CPU) yes, but nVidia (GPU) and AMD (CPU) NOT A GOOD MATCH. ALWAYS spend the extra money for a Intel CPU (i know it sounds like one sided advice but with the exception of perhaps 1 AMD CPU based system i have never seen a AMD based system outperform an Intel based system ACCROSS the board, and as far as reliability, AMD is just sadly not there) SO for your situation i would say get a newer GPU from the AMD camp, something like a RX470, RX480, RX570 or RX580 or if you can afford it (although it wouldn't be worth it to put it in this older system) a Vega class AMD GPU. Ok, good luck with that, and as for the Forza game, don't feel bad, my Intel i7 4700k laptop with a nVidia 670 GTX 3GB GPU, 32GB of RAM, 512GB SSD and 3TB HDD running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit get's a similar message, i think its Microsofts way to try and get you to Windows 10 as my main PC (i7, 64GB RAM, RX480 8GB, 48TB HDD, and Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit) can run it no problem making me think its just a tactic to get you to try and switch to Win10 (DON'T DO IT) if you have a lower class system or a bleeding edge class system you will find all kinds of hang ups and bugs, but if you spend $1800 to $3000 on a solid mid class system then it works fine.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error