#101 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:56:15 PM(UTC)
anyone tried gradually increasing settings? seems like the 2-3 second stutters have disappeared for me and am able to do several races in a row with only 8gb ram/2gbvram (90% ran utilization). maybe it was a coincidence i wasnt havent memory problems because i was alt tabbing out after every race to log my afterburner graphs. see my post in other thread

http://forums.forzamotor...68p-wow.aspx#post_537058

8gb
7870 2gb
ssd
#102 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 2:09:57 AM(UTC)
The game have a brutal frame drop in night races

Config:
i5 4460 3.4GHz (max turbo)
GTX970 4GB
8GB RAM
PC Specs: Gigabyte GTX970 / i5 4460 / 8GB RAM (2x4GB Kingston/G.Skill) / Asus B85M-G / CX500 / Seagate 1TB
#103 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:18:59 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to adjust graphics. The problem is that CPU is working more than GPU (74ºC vs 50ºC). This is because game is not fully optimized yet? G-Sync?

Thanks.

Settings:
-Dynamic renderization quality: Medium
-Dynamic optimization: Yes
-Force resolution: Yes
-Resolution: 1680x1050

My laptop:
-i7 6700HQ 2.6ghz 3.5ghz (turbo)
-16gb ram ddr4 (2100mhz)
-Nvidia Geforce GTX 960m (2gb ddr5)
#104 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:23:20 AM(UTC)
It is lagging also on my new System:
FPS Drops at Night and heavy Suttering during Races.

I have the newest drivers installed from CPU (Chipset) and GPU:

i7 6700K 4.0 GhZ
32GB DDR4 2666MhZ
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW edition
ASUS Formula VIII Mainboard

I Set overall Quality to Low (Advanced Mode),
Also on ULTRA (Everything Maxxed out) and I got the same Problems on Ultralow.
For ex: Racing at Day in Rio -> Came into the tunnel -> Frame Drop to 15FPS. It also Sutter very heavy during every Race, whenever Rain / Sun / Night -> Doesnt mather.

Thanks
#105 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:02:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Markobmwm Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to adjust graphics. The problem is that CPU is working more than GPU (74ºC vs 50ºC). This is because game is not fully optimized yet? G-Sync?

Thanks.

Settings:
-Dynamic renderization quality: Medium
-Dynamic optimization: Yes
-Force resolution: Yes
-Resolution: 1680x1050

My laptop:
-i7 6700HQ 2.6ghz 3.5ghz (turbo)
-16gb ram ddr4 (2100mhz)
-Nvidia Geforce GTX 960m (2gb ddr5)

The Temperature doesn't actually indicate anything about how much they are being used.
#106 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:25:21 AM(UTC)
So I did a few things as tests and got quite a bit less stuttering.
I did my "gamebooster" on my ASUS GPU tweak (basically gets rid of programs that are running that the computer doesn't need to run)
I made sure that the Nvidia control panel has Maximum Performance selected.
The largest thing to help (and I know it sounds weird): I shut down Steam. I kid you not, that helped me out personally.
Maybe try it out, it may work for you.
#107 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 12:38:08 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I seem to have tracked the problem down to Dropbox in my case (after trying everything including a clean reinstall of Windows- at the end of that process the only thing I had running in the background was Dropbox, and when I killed that it seems to work OK- although perhaps not quite as well as it should considering I have an i5 4690k, a GTX980 ti and 16GB of RAM as I am still getting occasional slowdown at 1440p/Ultra dynamic settings- seems like 2 CPU cores are almost constantly maxed out and 2 are basically not doing anything. Neither my GPU nor RAM seem to come anywhere near maximum utilisation).

Basically it seems to my inexpert eye like the game doesn't take priority over background applications like Steam or Dropbox properly which is the cause of the stuttering.
#108 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:50:59 PM(UTC)
Micro-stutter still present and G-Sync not working properly with official release. Come on T10, this needs to be optimized. It is pretty sad that my XB1 can run this game smoother than my PC, even though I am getting twice the frame rate on PC.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:23:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#109 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 5:37:04 PM(UTC)
Still having stutter after 2 or 3 races. The game doesn't use more than 8 GB of RAM and destroy the page files.

i5 4670K @ 4,5GHz
16 GB DDR3 1866MHz.
GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB
#110 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:12:27 AM(UTC)
Open game, open task manager, go to details tab, right click on forzamotorsportapex.exe, change priority to low, go back to game.

This worked perfectly for me with no stutters . Tested all tracks with all conditions and day/night and 16 cars. Settings were dynamic high and then ultra.

i7 2600k 4.4
16 g ram
gtx 1070
#111 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:56:51 AM(UTC)
Performance is still terrible. This is the super, hyper, ultimate unoptimized game I have ever seen in my life...
#112 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:41:10 PM(UTC)
Micro stutter here too.
running at 4k (downscaled to 1440p) everything maxed apart from anti aliasing which is at x2.

Frame rate is between 90 and 140 fps
Got the frame rate showing in game, no big dips just an annoying stutter.

I7 6700k o/c 4.6 GHz (water cooled)
gtx980 Ti with a modest O/C
16 gig DDR4 @3ghz
27" predator with g-sync.

game looks amazing apart from this stutter.

have no issue with other games.
wondering if it's a memory leak, o/c issue or g-sync issue? Or something else I've not thought of.

Edited by user Friday, September 9, 2016 12:25:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#113 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 6:47:37 PM(UTC)
Tried this game out with my arguably lower quality hardware(Alienware Alpha i3). At medium dynamic video all looked fantastic, smooth albeit at 30 fps. After a while it begins stuttering and nothing fixes it. You can lower video quality, etc, no help. I monitored when the stuttering kicked in by checking the task manager. It was always as the memory for Apex crossed the 6G mark. As soon as it hits ~6G the stuttering begins. I have 8GB of RAM in my system and so I decided RAM is cheap so let's kick this up to 12G. The stuttering problem must be due to hitting RAM ceiling and hashing kicking in. Added the extra 4GB to bring me to 12GB. Sad to say this didn't change the stuttering issue at all, as others have discovered. But it still appears to be a 6GB barrier issue....stay under 6G, no stutter, cross that barrier and the stuttering begins.

Also, rather than a memory leak this has the feel of a graphics resource leak. I say this because after quitting Apex my system is very, very sluggish and stays sluggish until you reboot. With a memory leak you expect to see memory growing and growing. With Apex you tend to see it level off, albeit at a very high number. The Crew takes up perhaps 2.5G of RAM. This beast eats 6-7G like it's nothing. Granted it's gorgeous compared to The Crew. But still, the devs have to get this issue under control. If they don't I won't have any confidence in the upcoming Forza release for the PC.
#114 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 2:19:26 AM(UTC)
After one or two race later still I have to reboot game to fix poor performance and stutter. While I am playing first race after boot the game is very smooth. Its not going below 52FPS in rainy races at 1920*1200 res / Rendering: HIGH / Dynamic Optimization: Custom / and all sets ULTRA /MSAA: 4x with 60FPS(V-Sync). Also if I turn on game recording Windows Game DVR or Shadowplay its comes up very laggy.

MSI GTX 960 4G (4GB)
i7-2600k @4825mhz
16gb (4x4) g-skill ddr3 1600 @ 1640mhz
250X2GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 RAID 0
ASUS MAXIMUS V FORMULA

Edited by user Friday, September 9, 2016 2:34:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#115 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 7:06:35 AM(UTC)
I still get some stutter when I try to crank my settings up, but I managed to get rid of most of it by forcing the resolution to 1080p and unlocking the frame rate. I also run medium/high settings for shadows, textures & car/track geometry, while the rest are on dynamic. The game looks fantastic & is totally playable, although it still gets a few microstutters here & there.

I find that running a practice lap or two makes the problem go away until I go to the next track, the same thing fixes it. It goes away after a lap or two if I just jump straight into the race too. The game runs at anywhere between 120fps and 200+fps with very little to no tearing visible on the screen - with a 60Hz monitor too, surprisingly.

I have my keyboard (MS Sidewinder X4), a XB360 controller connected to the PC and I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX wheel. My PC specs are below.

i7-950 @ 3.86GHz
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 mobo
6GB 1333 RAM (Corsair XMS3, 3x2GB)
Sapphire R9 390 Nitro Tri-X (8GB VRAM)
2GB Seagate SSHD
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor (1080p, 60Hz)
#116 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2016 3:16:08 PM(UTC)
I know why theirs so much stuttering. I have the same problem. It looks like a source code problem or some problem when they tried to design this game. when the stuttering happens I look at my performance tab at the control panel, and its spiking 100%. my core i5 2400 is 3.1GHZ and its going 3.1 to 3.2 Ghz (over its ghz). I have a gtx 1060 asus oc edition at 1800mhz. if minecraft sildures shaders extreme can run 60fps smoothly than I should have no stuttering here. So I don't think its our pc, Its just that they need to get there buts going and fix this issue. The stuttering only happens when theirs other cars. This have to be a program problem.

Edited by user Saturday, December 3, 2016 3:51:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#117 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 5:24:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Insanity598 Go to Quoted Post
It has memory leak, so as soon as it eats all the RAM it starts to stutter.

I hope that they will fix it soon, I really like it but cant enjoy it since i have to quit game after every race.

Well, here it is 8 months later and the memory leak still plagues this game. After I've run one race, where frame rates stay around 60 FPS, I quit the game and restart it before trying to advance to the next race in career mode. If I try to run two different races back to back, Forza Apex becomes a stammering slide show.

#118 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 8:42:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SCOOBY COLLINS Go to Quoted Post
Agreed with all above.
P.S
Handling characteristics using a Microsoft 360 Controller are just appaling

SCOOBY

is there any fix planned for those of us on 360 controllers? I can't oversteer and stick deadzone is too big.
#119 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:26:09 PM(UTC)
When I first started playing this game about two weeks ago the game was running perfect. Not a lag in sight. Then out of nowhere a week later it started lagging so bad it was pausing for about five seconds every second. The circle when I was loading the main menu kept stopping and starting. The game got utterly unplayable. I phoned HP that made my laptop encase my laptop was the cause and they suggested I update NVIDIA and I told them I did that and still no joy. Then they suggested I back-up all my data and do a full system format using my Recovery to reset my laptop back to the original factory settings because I could have an infection in my laptop. After I used the Recovery and when I tried Forza Motorsports 6 Apex the game was still lagging the same. I have no idea what to do now. Typical, all the other Forza Motorsports games are console games only on the Xbox and this game so many of us are having problems with is PC only and we're getting all the lag that has brought the game down to it's knees where nobody can play it or so many can't play it. If it was on the Xbox One as well we could at least get the Xbox One version. Another thing that is typical, a brilliant-looking game that is free and we can't play it. I hope this game isn't causing PC problems for any of us..
#120 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 4:39:47 PM(UTC)
Not sure if this will help anybody, but it made all the difference in my case. I'd tried every tweak under the sun, new OS install, pagefile every which way. I was able to run 3 races or so (16GB DDR3 @2400MHz) before big drops and stutters while using the .exe low priority trick, but then would have to exit and reload to race smoothly again. I figured I would try the same trick in the opposite direction, as in setting the game .exe to realtime priority, and it made a pronounced difference. I did 6 races in a row last night with only a single slight hitch to around 58.7 FPS from a locked 60 otherwise. Might as well give it a try since it only takes a few seconds.
#121 Posted : Saturday, April 1, 2017 5:31:53 AM(UTC)
I have identified what causes issue. For some reason after 4 races, when game uses more than 5500MB RAM, process of NT Kernel & System starts using 20% of CPU, causing game to have massive stutter. Reducing resolution works however only until few next races. This is blatant issue with game coding, because game runs at 1080p/60FPS all the time, then suddenly starts to stutter when bigger map is loaded (AKA Rio or Yas Marina)

i3-6100
16GB RAM
GTX1050Ti 4GB OC
Windows 10 x64

Edited by user Saturday, April 1, 2017 5:33:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#122 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:16:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jokabaku Go to Quoted Post
I have identified what causes issue. For some reason after 4 races, when game uses more than 5500MB RAM, process of NT Kernel & System starts using 20% of CPU, causing game to have massive stutter. Reducing resolution works however only until few next races. This is blatant issue with game coding, because game runs at 1080p/60FPS all the time, then suddenly starts to stutter when bigger map is loaded (AKA Rio or Yas Marina)

i3-6100
16GB RAM
GTX1050Ti 4GB OC
Windows 10 x64

Update on this issue:

All stutter and issues with loading between races and all issues of this NT Kernel & System wrecking my CPU have been partially resolved with installing Windows 10 Creator's Update. Now instead of 5,5GB limit of RAM, there's 6,5 GB limit and after that issue occur again. I saw game use whooping 7GB of RAM once.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:52:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#123 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:22:29 AM(UTC)

i3-6100
16GB RAM
GTX1050Ti 4GB OC
Windows 10 x64

Update on this issue:

All stutter and issues with loading between races and all issues of this NT Kernel & System wrecking my CPU have been partially resolved with installing Windows 10 Creator's Update. Now instead of 5,5GB limit of RAM, there's 6,5 GB limit and after that issue occur again. I saw game use whooping 7GB of RAM once.

Do you think this might be because the Creator's Update is supposed to auto enable Game Mode for all UWP games? I'm not upgrading to the CU until things have calmed down and I can guarantee more of my current games will run without issue. Could you turn game mode off (or on if it is off already) and test the game some more?
#124 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:52:53 PM(UTC)
I'm on CU here and with Game Mode I get constant stuttering, while turning it off I can drive with just some occasional stuttering here and there. It seems that GM is still far from being properly optimized for Apex (or viceversa).
#125 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:35:05 AM(UTC)
I still have stuttering issues with this game! I think it's a memory leak! I've currently uninstalled that unoptimized game! Fix that!
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error