5 Pages12345PrevNext
 9 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 7:20:55 AM(UTC)
Why hasn't Max been hired by Turn 10 yet? ;)
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 7:33:41 AM(UTC)
WOW ... very impressive !!!
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#53 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 7:52:17 AM(UTC)
Man this must've taken a ridiculous amount of effort. Great job.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 8:06:30 AM(UTC)
A very cool post indeed there ManteoMax - great job.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 8:11:54 AM(UTC)
Max, you've totally outdone yourself, thanks for the info!
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 8:17:14 AM(UTC)
Excellent work, Max!

It's strange looking at the most requested cars list, and seeing something like the Pagani Zonda R only requested 100 times. Well, only, but still, I thought for sure that would've been somewhere in the 300 range!

Three things I have to ask you.

One: Was going back to your personal list (your as in the user, not specifically you) and editing in terms of adding and/or deleting requests messing with your data? Admittedly, I erase any request in my wishlist that gets fulfilled (I recently erased the Subaru SVX from it, for example).

Two: As the wishlist gets updated, will you be updating this information? I'm sorry if I missed this in one of your first posts.

And three:

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I'm open to polite arguments about why a model should be renamed or split or combined. Also let me know about model names I missed completely. A list of this size is bound to have some errors and omissions; your considerate patience is appreciated!

Abarth 1000 1961-1970

Ironically, my argument is about the very first car in the list. By Abarth 1000, what do you mean? I feel obligated to ask, as I did request the Abarth 1000 TCR, seen below:

BUT, there's also the Abarth 1000 Bialbero:

An Abarth 1000 OTR:

AND, there's an Abarth 1000 SP:

And they're all from 1961-1970. Now, because I'm not evil, I'm not going to ask you to look back and change as needed. Especially considering if someone did simply say "Abarth 1000", it could refer to any of these, maybe even more than what I know.

So, when you say Abarth 1000, does that incorporate/combine all of these? Or was there a specific one like mine that every request was, simply? My money's on the former, but I'd prefer an answer over a guess.

Again, excellent work Max, and thank you for this. It's greatly appreciated!
One of "The 50"
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#57 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 8:19:17 AM(UTC)
Hats off to Mr ManteoMax! :)

Now that I see this great request summary I am actually very happy that Turn 10 doesn't follow the wish list too strict but rather occasionally pluck a car out of it. Why? Because otherwise we would have a very monotome car list in the game and would have missed out on gems like the Alfa Romeo P3, the Sunbeam Tiger, the Opel Kadett C GT/E, the Ferrari 250 LM, the #31 Lancia Corse Beta Montecarlo Turbo or the Volvo 123GT (yes I picked one from each of the 6 car packs as an example). All those cars are great rides but they are nowhere near the top of the request charts. And I love each of them more than the popular requests like the 488 GTB, the One:1 or the Hypersport. Ooh wait, those are in the game too, I guess Turn 10 does pay attention to the requests as well. ;)
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 11:06:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
One: Was going back to your personal list (your as in the user, not specifically you) and editing in terms of adding and/or deleting requests messing with your data? Admittedly, I erase any request in my wishlist that gets fulfilled (I recently erased the Subaru SVX from it, for example).

I'm pretty sure I recognized your lists and didn't double count them. I'd say it's probably best to find your previous list and put it into a quote box (removing any fulfilled cars from it) and add new requests below. That way you can see your full list in one post and I can just skip the quoted part. Tinkering with older posts won't affect my count now but might make it challenging to confirm questions like the one below.

Two: As the wishlist gets updated, will you be updating this information? I'm sorry if I missed this in one of your first posts.

I'm planning to update it, just thinking about how often and when to cut off and move to the next game wishlist.

And three:
Abarth 1000 1961-1970

Ironically, my argument is about the very first car in the list. By Abarth 1000, what do you mean? I feel obligated to ask, as I did request the Abarth 1000 TCR, seen below:
BUT, there's also the Abarth 1000 Bialbero:
An Abarth 1000 OTR:
AND, there's an Abarth 1000 SP:
So, when you say Abarth 1000, does that incorporate/combine all of these? Or was there a specific one like mine that every request was, simply? My money's on the former, but I'd prefer an answer over a guess.

This is a good catch since I had put all 8 under the same model and clearly they should be split due to the significant body style and performance differences.

There were votes for:
Abarth 1000
Abarth 1000 TCR
1970 Abarth 1000TC
Abarth 1000TCR (Fiat 600)
Fiat Abarth 1000TCR Berlina Corsa
Abarth 1000TCR
1966 Abarth 1000 TC Corsa
Fiat Abarth 1000 GT Bialbero (1961 race car)

The "Abarth 1000" could even be the 1958 Abarth 1000 GT. This is the kind of variation in listing that made the project tricky and subject to my judgement. Since there was no clear Wikipedia page on them (and I couldn't afford to spend much time researching each model to exact definition) I just put them all under the same name. I think I'll split the group into "Fiat Abarth 1000 TCR 1966-1970" (6 votes) and "Fiat Abarth 1000 GT 1958-1965" (2 votes).

For a model with a dozen votes or less it doesn't matter too much (in my mind; I'll bet it matters plenty to others!); the point should be that there was some interest in a model with this name which prompts the car-pickers in Turn 10 or the forum users to delve into the research themselves and discover all the variations that were made, and which ones or one might make an interesting addition to the game.

Edited by user Friday, March 18, 2016 11:06:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 11:10:21 AM(UTC)
Max...this is...incredible. The dedication you've shown in this regard is unparalleled by anything I've seen in gaming, and possibly in my most frequented online areas in general. The work you've done is so interesting and informative; I'm going to have to dedicate a day just to reading this thread!

This is fantastic work, sir, and please do PM me here if you ever need help with anything, or have questions you need cleared up or opinions you're interested in. Again: fantastic work, sir; I'd imagine that T10 work offer is rolling into your inbox right about now...

Edited by user Friday, March 18, 2016 11:10:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 11:15:49 AM(UTC)
Lots of hard work represented here. Thanks, ManteoMax, it is greatly appreciated.

9 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 11:37:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Why hasn't Max been hired by Turn 10 yet? ;)

Then they wouldn't get all this for free.

2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 11:43:17 AM(UTC)

I'm pretty sure I recognized your lists and didn't double count them. I'd say it's probably best to find your previous list and put it into a quote box (removing any fulfilled cars from it) and add new requests below. That way you can see your full list in one post and I can just skip the quoted part. Tinkering with older posts won't affect my count now but might make it challenging to confirm questions like the one below.

Alright! Will do from now on, thanks!

I'm planning to update it, just thinking about how often and when to cut off and move to the next game wishlist.

Good point. I'd personally say once the DLC for the current game stops (or at least seems too). Perhaps even get a head start once the wishlist is posted in its forum.

-snipped mine for ease-

This is a good catch since I had put all 8 under the same model and clearly they should be split due to the significant body style and performance differences.

There were votes for:
Abarth 1000
Abarth 1000 TCR
1970 Abarth 1000TC
Abarth 1000TCR (Fiat 600)
Fiat Abarth 1000TCR Berlina Corsa
Abarth 1000TCR
1966 Abarth 1000 TC Corsa
Fiat Abarth 1000 GT Bialbero (1961 race car)

The "Abarth 1000" could even be the 1958 Abarth 1000 GT. This is the kind of variation in listing that made the project tricky and subject to my judgement. Since there was no clear Wikipedia page on them (and I couldn't afford to spend much time researching each model to exact definition) I just put them all under the same name. I think I'll split the group into "Fiat Abarth 1000 TCR 1966-1970" (6 votes) and "Fiat Abarth 1000 GT 1958-1965" (2 votes).

For a model with a dozen votes or less it doesn't matter too much (in my mind; I'll bet it matters plenty to others!); the point should be that there was some interest in a model with this name which prompts the car-pickers in Turn 10 or the forum users to delve into the research themselves and discover all the variations that were made, and which ones or one might make an interesting addition to the game.

My emphasis, I would agree. It was sort of a nitpick, and the point you made about it makes good sense. Thanks for listening to my feedback. :)
One of "The 50"
 3 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 12:44:34 PM(UTC)
Wow, ManteoMax! KILLER job. This must have taken weeks, and couldn't have been easy. Even if it's not 100% accurate - incredible. Simply incredible. Extremely interesting to view these statistics.

I wonder if the people who have continually said "Turn 10 doesn't listen to their customers" will now be inserting their metaphorical foot into their metaphorical mouth? :P

There's no way Turn 10 could possibly deliver all of these, but this is clear proof that they're paying attention to us. Furthermore, thanks to ManteoMax, they now have some quantified data to help them with their decisions down the road rather than having to sift through a 100+ page thread filled with poor grammar, endless complaints, and duplicate requests.

Kudos to ManteoMax and Turn 10.

Edited by user Friday, March 18, 2016 12:50:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#64 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 12:45:15 PM(UTC)
Ultimately epic work on this!
#65 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 12:57:35 PM(UTC)
Get a life, Max.

Just kidding. Great job and great dedication! :)

You were also highlighted in today's WiR.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
 5 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 5:30:39 PM(UTC)
#ManteoMaxForPresident

🇨🇦
#67 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 6:02:13 PM(UTC)
We got a problem, Toyota Tacoma X-Runner should be its own thing, just like the Ford F-150 Lighting. They are both specific limited production cars from an engineering point of view.
#68 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 6:30:57 PM(UTC)
FM6 Car Wish List Thread counting project

Summary:
  • Roughly 2,800 unique users posted lists ranging from 1 to 650 cars each
  • Over 2,300 production models adding up to over 14,000 requested cars
  • Over 480 race spec models mentioned totalling over 1,700 requests
  • A tie between the two most requested production car models
  • Most requested production cars: Nissan S14 and BMW i8
  • Most requested race spec cars: Porsche 919, Porsche 917 and Sauber C9
  • Most requested general types: Tuning house customs, concept cars, DTM series
  • The most requested car model is mentioned at a rate of roughly 1 out of every 20 lists and 1 out of every 100 cars (1%. All cars are in the minority.)

Patterns
A user's wish list provides some interesting insight into both the individual and the community as a whole, much like a person's taste in music. It's probably true that users basically want three cars first: the one they first drove in real life, the one they drive now, and the one they wish to drive in the future. Some lists focus on a particular manufacturer or country. Some favor performance while others favor design. Some are interested in cars that are hot in popular culture, while others clearly want to experience rare or obscure models. Car requests ranged from the dawn of the automobile to brand new releases, city cars to offroad behemoths to landspeed record holders. I took each request seriously because everyone has a reason for requesting a particular model. From the most requested cars, here are some similarities among models:
  • Previously in Forza: Nissan S14, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Mazda RX-7, Gumpert
  • New and new to Forza: BMW i8, Ferrari 488, Acura NSX, Porsche 918 and 991
  • The fastest: Koenigsegg One: 1, Dodge Challenger/Charger Hellcats, SSC Tuatara
  • Inspired by the movies: W Motors Lykan Hypersport, Aston Martin DB10 and Jaguar C-X75
  • Trucks and SUVs: Ford SVT Lightning, Ram, Silverado, Colorado, Mercedes G63 6x6
  • Track models: Ferrari FXX-K, McLaren P1 GTR, Pagani Zonda Revolucion, Aston Martin Vulcan
  • Updated models: Aventador SV, Ford Focus RS 2016, new Cadillac ATS-V and CTS-V
  • Oddballs: Reliant Robin and Peel 3-wheelers, pre-1930s, commercial trucks, Thrust SSR

Disclaimer: This information is one of many sources of feedback Turn 10 considers for selecting cars to feature in the Forza series, which is affected by licensing, logistics, legal, financial, time, and game design concerns. Rankings shown here should not be construed as an indication of what we'll see next. Moderators have extra pull though so we'll probably see the Dymaxion and Mercedes 300SEL first.

So does this mean these are the most requested and what we should get first
#69 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 6:44:51 PM(UTC)
Quote:
56 DMC DeLorean DMC-12 1982

Do it! This car was fun to drive in FM3 / FM4
Forza-Achievements: 922 / 923 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 8:50:16 PM(UTC)
Jeebuz, Max, when do you find time to eat and sleep? Yer a machine!
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 9:54:57 PM(UTC)
Just a quick question. Did you by any chance do the track list? It would have taken the same amount of time or more, but just out of curiosity as it would be interesting to see similar stats for the tracks that the community would like to see in the game

Conjur-D | Youtube
#72 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 2:47:47 AM(UTC)
Holy smokes, that is some impressive work!
#73 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 2:53:58 AM(UTC)
Awesome work here Max, as always. I can only imagine the time and effort this took having undertaken similar tasks in the past - we as a community, and T10 as well, are EXTREMELY lucky to have you working on these things (like your car lists an the like on ManteoMax.com).

Hopefully people will rethink their posts in the wishlists to make things a little easier (and as a result more useful). Wishful thinking probably.
#74 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 3:41:15 AM(UTC)
Very well done Max!
#75 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:31:30 AM(UTC)
Damn Max! You're committed!

A really interesting read too - thanks :)

Will you he updating this regularly?

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error