6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
#76 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 5:29:27 AM(UTC)
I hear you, and honestly I have been working on that with the help of some friends. Admittedly, I only follow NASCAR religiously so I'm not very familiar with the rules and regulations of every series out there and there are so many it's amazingly difficult to keep them all straight. The Koni Challenge series is the first attempt to be a little more "real world" with my paints and I think that one turned out alright. I know I have a ways to go, but I'm trying my best to get there. But, thank you for your input and I'll try harder to get things right in the future.
#77 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 7:59:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: D **** 007 Go to Quoted Post
I hear you, and honestly I have been working on that with the help of some friends. Admittedly, I only follow NASCAR religiously so I'm not very familiar with the rules and regulations of every series out there and there are so many it's amazingly difficult to keep them all straight. The Koni Challenge series is the first attempt to be a little more "real world" with my paints and I think that one turned out alright. I know I have a ways to go, but I'm trying my best to get there. But, thank you for your input and I'll try harder to get things right in the future.

Send me a FR and I'll send you a couple of numberboards. Google will help you see which cars run in these series.
#78 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 8:50:49 AM(UTC)
I wanted to post up some additional pictures of the prize cars I made for the King of the Track Rivals Challenge so everyone could see the designs in a little more detail. But, I really didn't have a good spot in my actual gallery to squeeze them in where it would make sense. So, I figured a simple post would work. So here they are:

JULY PRIZE CARS FOR THE "LEDERHOSEN SMACK DOWN"

Alpha Brain / Onnit.com 2008 Lamborghini Reventón

Black Widow Racing 2010 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Forch Racing 2010 M6 Coupe

Edited by user Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:20:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#79 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:20:32 AM(UTC)
I have added the Forch Racing BMW King of the track prize car.

A little back story on these designs. Since the Mercedes and the BMW were chosen for the King of the Track Rivals Competition I decided that I would create my prize car designs based on a rivals concept. So, as much as I could...all of the logos on the cars are from "rival" companies thus adding to the overall concept that these two cars are going head to head against each other. I also decided to number them 07 and 14 to signify the month and year that this contest is going on in.

Edited by user Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:27:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#80 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 2:18:49 AM(UTC)
I wanted to post up some additional pictures of the prize cars I made for the King of the Track Rivals Challenge so everyone could see the designs in a little more detail. But, I really didn't have a good spot in my actual gallery to squeeze them in where it would make sense. So, I figured a simple post would work. So here they are:

JULY PRIZE CARS FOR THE "LEDERHOSEN SMACK DOWN"

Alpha Brain / Onnit.com 2008 Lamborghini Reventón

Black Widow Racing 2010 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Forch Racing 2010 M6 Coupe

I hate to seem like I'm always being picky, but a BMW M6 and a Merc C-Class are not (and never will be) FIA GT1 cars...

#81 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 7:11:01 AM(UTC)
it's not being picky if it's true...to be honest I assumed they had different classes of cars and that these cars would fit into one of them somewhere and it really sucks that they don't because I really like the way those number plates look on the cars within my overall design.
#82 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 7:27:27 AM(UTC)
it's not being picky if it's true...to be honest I assumed they had different classes of cars and that these cars would fit into one of them somewhere and it really sucks that they don't because I really like the way those number plates look on the cars within my overall design.

No. They will never be FIA GT1 / GT3 (I can't read what it says on the bottom of the numberboard, but my point still stands) cars. Without being rude, do some research on the series you want to paint before painting anything. It isn't hard. We've all made mistakes, and we all learn from them (my first paints were awful), but seriously, your paints would look a lot better if they had the correct sponsors (in the right places) on the right cars.

If you want to use the FIA GT1 numberboards or whatever, look up the cars that raced in the series. Heck, the vinyl even has a guideline for what years it should be used between and for what class it covers!

If you can't do that, stick to what you know. For instance, I know nothing about NASCRAP, so will stay well away from painting anyway to do with Nascar cars.

Edited by user Friday, July 4, 2014 7:29:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:54:05 PM(UTC)
I appreciate your feedback and ideas...I am trying my best to research things better. In my last bit of defense, I was presented the task of creating these cars with very little notice and as such I did not get an abundance of time to come up with a design concept for the cars. So, I'm sorry that mistakes we made but I will continue my efforts to improve that area of weakness in my designs by researching more.

That said...my latest design was put together trying to take all of that into consideration. I did do some research on this one so hopefully it shows. I tried to go "real world" with this original design as much as I could. It's a combination of Koni Challenge standard decals with the Onnit.com related decals to round out the overall design. Viru Tech is an immune system boosting supplement so I tried to give the car design a little DNA strand feel and incorporated the logos within that frame to give the car a unique look. I hope it translates well to everyone else like it did in my own head. So without further adieu...the Viru Tech / Onnit.com 2010 Audi TT:

#84 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 11:53:19 AM(UTC)
I finally figured out a way to get around the fact that my gamertag now pegs the language filter when it did not back in Forza2.

So, now you can find all of my currently available storefront designs by searching for the descriptions provided under each designs name in my gallery.

Sorry it took so long to get this squared away but hopefully this will make everything easier.

Happy Downloading and thank in advance.
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 4:50:28 AM(UTC)
So, it seems like it's been a while since I posted anything new...but I have been quite busy making a fresh batch of prize cars for the August King of the Track Rivals Competition...more on them later :)

But, now that those cars are finished; I was able to work a new design. I decided to try my hand at painting an actual race car and I'm a fan of Toyota cars in real life, so it seemed only right that my first real race car be a Toyota. I took the 2005 #6 Exxon Superflo Toyota Supra and repainted it with a freash take on my favorite design...the Make-a-Wish theme. The overall flow and basic color scheme of this car was inspired by the Scion Version. I have some personal touches thrown in to expand on the idea I started with the Scion since that car was more or less a tribute to the strength of my son. This car has my son and daughters names on it, G. Moore and M. Moore as she was just as much a part of the struggle as we all were. The #58 is a combo of their ages, my son is currently 5 and she is 8. Overall, I had just as much fun making this one as I did the first one...I hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for looking and happy downloading.

#86 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 5:34:42 AM(UTC)
Great job D. The new paints look great!

-k
#87 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 9:58:01 AM(UTC)
cool man :)
thank you very much...I'm glad you like them.
#88 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:44:18 PM(UTC)
I finished the first of two cars planned based on an idea/request made by my daughter. She wanted a GoDaddy.com car to race since she's a Danica Patrick fan…so I put this one together. The GoDaddy.com / GoDaddy Cares 350Z - Super GT race Car. She had a blast throwing this one around the track and really loved her first car. I hope you all like it as much as she did. The car is now available on my storefront for free unlimited downloads…thanks for looking and happy downloading.

#89 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:29:37 AM(UTC)
07/31/2014, It's official...my Viru Tech / Onnit.com 2010 Audi TT has been selected as a winner/finalist for the July Livery Contest. Thank you Turn10, it's an honor to have received my first win in the livery contest for Forza4. See you next month to take another shot at the title.

For anyone interested in owning a copy of this car, the design will be a permanent fixture on my storefront for unlimited downloading absolutely for free...thank you and enjoy.
#90 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:06:55 PM(UTC)
Now that the August King of the track contest is officially up and running, I can finally post the picture of the prize cars I created for this month's event.  

King of the Track Skyline Participation Award: 
(search DSP KOTT Skyline)
** This car will be available for the entire time the August King of the Track contest is going on, it will be posted for free for unlimited downloading...feel free to pick up a copy and while you're at it, head over to the racer's lounge and get in on the King of the Track rivals competition.  

Die Hard Batteries Toyota Supra:

Excide Batteries Nissan Skyline:

Optima Batteries Mazda RX-8:

Limited Edition Black Version of the ViruTech / Onnit.com Audi TT:

Alpha Brain / Onnit.com Lamborghini Reventon:

#91 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 4:27:01 PM(UTC)
Really like that Exide Batteries Nissan Skyline. They all look really good.
#92 Posted : Monday, August 4, 2014 7:15:38 AM(UTC)
Thank you very much. If you make a run at the King of the Track contest...you've got a shot to win them.
#93 Posted : Monday, August 4, 2014 12:54:23 PM(UTC)
This may be a dumb question, but what is King of the Track?

Edit - Nevermind went and looked it up in the racer lounge.

Edited by user Monday, August 4, 2014 3:08:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:49:49 AM(UTC)
Latest batch looks really awesome! Nice work on these.

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
#95 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:22:27 AM(UTC)
Hey there Ace...welcome back Forza 4 side...thanks for stopping by for a bit, it's been a while.

Thank you for the comments on the cars...I will have some new ones coming soon, had to take a little break for all of the end of summer family stuff. But the ideas should be flowing again really soon.
 1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 5:48:40 AM(UTC)
So, things have been a little crazy for me lately on the home front…typical “I have kids” squeeze as much into the end of summer as you can. However, I did find a little free time to finish up a new design. I have one minor edit on the hood I’ll be fixing tonight…I forgot 2 little logos that will make the car officially done…but I wanted to show it off now just in case things got too busy over the weekend.

So, here is my latest design, the Armadyne Robotics 2011 Audi A4 Touring Car

Also, I have a new Weber Grills 2005 Ford Mustang GT available for DLK’s NASCAR nights…it’s been in my storefront for a while I just never got around to really posting it up so it’s not quite as “new” as it could be…but here is the Weber Grills 2005 Ford Mustang GT (NASCAR)

#97 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 6:19:30 AM(UTC)
So, things have been a little crazy for me lately on the home front…typical “I have kids” squeeze as much into the end of summer as you can. However, I did find a little free time to finish up a new design. I have one minor edit on the hood I’ll be fixing tonight…I forgot 2 little logos that will make the car officially done…but I wanted to show it off now just in case things got too busy over the weekend.

So, here is my latest design, the Armadyne Robotics 2011 Audi A4 Touring Car

Also, I have a new Weber Grills 2005 Ford Mustang GT available for DLK’s NASCAR nights…it’s been in my storefront for a while I just never got around to really posting it up so it’s not quite as “new” as it could be…but here is the Weber Grills 2005 Ford Mustang GT (NASCAR)

Nice work! It's refreshing to see some colour combinations that aren't over-used, and that actual work together! :D

Follow me on Facebook & on Twitter! :)
#98 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 7:25:25 AM(UTC)
Thank you very much SweedishThunder...I'm glad you liked them. I have been trying to keep things fresh and mix things up both with sponsor choices and color schemes so thank you for noticing that.
#99 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:28:28 PM(UTC)
The Audi A4 looks really good, I tried to paint on and there are just so many overlap issues I gave up. The Mustang looks amazing as well.
#100 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:00:36 AM(UTC)
Thank you...I know exactly what you mean about the layer overlap issues. They turn up more than I would like them too and are hard to work with for sure. I find the easiest way to deal with those is to keep to keep things simple and clean. A paint does not have to be super extreme to be good.
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error