72 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:45:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SuckageXP Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SCS Skreamies Go to Quoted Post
Elite Controller users, setting your brake trigger stop is great ;)

Wait, does the elite controller allow you to put a stop at max braking grip for individual cars? That would make braking stupid easy!

The controller has an adjustable trigger stop, which makes the trigger only go halfway down instead of all the way.

_________________________________________________________-

Keep in mind that it doesn't lock your braking pressure at 50% it's a bit more than that :)
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
#77 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:47:57 AM(UTC)
So to win the Ultimate Huracan ST all I have to do is set a clean lap every week, and finish on top 50% for the rivals every week as well?
 2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:51:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boxxout Go to Quoted Post
So to win the Ultimate Huracan ST all I have to do is set a clean lap every week, and finish on top 50% for the rivals every week as well?

yes

3 users liked this post.
#79 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:55:01 AM(UTC)
Even with the extra clarification for season 2 needing all six variants to win the grand prize I'm much more enthused about participating in this event. It should be accessible to all skill levels and the car colors are where the bragging can occur rather than "I got a unique car and you didn't". I can live with bronzes; getting silver or gold will just be icing that are nice goals to aim for but I do not lose out completely if I'm just not that good.
 3 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:02:33 AM(UTC)
Lordy, that cut at the chicane at Monza is ridiculous.

Why on Earth are T10 running a rivals event on such an obviously broken track?
#81 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:10:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to everyone -- Triton, Mech, Swerve -- for their responses. You've all really cleared this up for me. Thanks again, and see you on the track!

--Da Rolla

YES, SAME HERE THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND ON THE TRACK
#82 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:31:06 AM(UTC)
Liking the event so far though I'm found one problem. One of the top times and following that players line yes he's using the track limited which can be viewed either way.

But when you can follow their pretty much exact line, you get a caution and they get a top 10 time without a caution what is this? If there's some sort of magical section where you don't get a caution after being 2 meters off the track then this needs to be patched.

Video link:
https://www.youtube.com/...ulA&feature=youtu.be
Painter.
#83 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:38:57 AM(UTC)
Still haven't fully grasped this whole concept and my strength is reading comprehension. I'm apparently having a bad mental day..... I'll get it...

And after racing in the last League to get the Ferrari I'm now in Pinnacle. This will make it much more difficult to earn the top prize, no?
 2 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:39:14 AM(UTC)
We will be moving to other feature tracks after this first event. I understand the purists view in this. You can definitely push on that corner. For the sake of this thread and event lets focus on everyone getting the cars they need. There are many tracks and such coming up each week. Good luck to all.
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:42:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post
We will be moving to other feature tracks after this first event. I understand the purists view in this. You can definitely push on that corner. For the sake of this thread and event lets focus on everyone getting the cars they need. There are many tracks and such coming up each week. Good luck to all.

Great track and I personally wish to keep it on topic, but there really is a very fine spot 2 meters off the track if you don't hit that spot it's a caution either side. This is something for an event like this needs to be looked at for future times

(last post of mine on this cutting discussion, though not on the topic)

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:45:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Painter.
#86 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:46:20 AM(UTC)
Liking the event so far though I'm found one problem. One of the top times and following that players line yes he's using the track limited which can be viewed either way.

But when you can follow their pretty much exact line, you get a caution and they get a top 10 time without a caution what is this? If there's some sort of magical section where you don't get a caution after being 2 meters off the track then this needs to be patched.

Video link:

You're further to the right than he was. I dont think this was a good track to use for this because there are a few spots that can be cut. I think it will only encourage people to continue to cut the track without penalty. But i guess its not that big of a deal because time really isnt much of a factor in this event. By the way does anyone know what percent you need to be in to get gold?

Edit: was just watching a twitch stream and the kid went even further to the right than you and it stayed clean, then the next lap he clipped the second chicane on his left side and it was dirty. I think its all kinds of messed up, kind of like its luck of the draw. You definitely have to cut it though to set a good time.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:08:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#87 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:52:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

I'm hoping for a bit more of an explainer though. I read through it, and it doesn't seem too hard to comprehend, but there are some confusing parts. For example, I don't see six Huracan variants. I see 5.
- Huracan you get from Season 1
- Gold Huracan from Season 2
- Silver Huracan from Season 2
- Bronze Huracan from Season 2
- Leagues Huracan from Season 2
Yes....the Ultimate Trophy one is there, but it seems like you need six to get that, not that is the sixth.

3 from rivals and 3 from leagues. That's where the six comes from. Each week you only get either a bronze, silver, or gold variant via rivals. There will be 3 league variants. Ignore season 1 award car.

Thanks - that makes a lot of sense.
One of "The 50"
#88 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:05:09 PM(UTC)

Video link:

Son of a gun. I see what you mean. It looks like you were just a bit right of his same exact corner entry. Definitely some thing to watch for.
#89 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:05:54 PM(UTC)

Video link:

As I mentioned in previous post, you have to cut the first corner of chicane more so that you start cutting second corner further to the left, BUT if you go too far left you also get a dirty lap. Finding the sweet spot is difficult. Make your passenger tires ride over the red apex bump on first corner as a guideline. If the bump is breaking your windshield, you're not cutting enough.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:08:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#90 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:14:43 PM(UTC)
How many of you are going to try and collect every car? 12 season cars and the bonus trophy car at the end? How about all 6 gold rival cars?

Will the 6 gold rival cars have different liveries?
#91 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:35:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Badj9 Go to Quoted Post
How many of you are going to try and collect every car? 12 season cars and the bonus trophy car at the end? How about all 6 gold rival cars?

Will the 6 gold rival cars have different liveries?

To varying degrees, yes. You will also be able to tell looking at someone's from which event they won it from.

#92 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:11:14 PM(UTC)
I like this concept a lot. The bonus car should be achievable to almost everyone, but there is also something extra to set the really good players apart. On the one hand it feels even a little bit to easy, but than everyone want's a challenge that they can just achieve themselves. Make it a little bit more difficult and my nephew won't be able to get the cars, and he really needs some free cars more than I do. He might actually get some more than me in this challenge, because I'm not a big fan of multiplayer with people I do not know. He has no such problems.

Having read some more threads in this forum I realize that some of you might consider him a wrecker, but he is just doing what all 11 year old boys do: Having a lot of fun racing and not really caring if they collide with another racer or caring if they get hit themselves. No malice. Oh, and being Dutch, he doesn't understand a word you're saying ;-)
#93 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:23:25 PM(UTC)
I kinda feel sneaky. I have to make sure no one is walking in my office. Triton and Mechberg. GREAT JOB PUTTING THIS THING TOGETHER FOR US THANK YOU
#94 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:02:31 PM(UTC)
Someone's trying to make up for Brands Hatch.

I don't generally like this layout of Monza, because of the chicane and all of the first-turn clownshoes that can erupt. But otherwise, the track is fine, the car's lovely to drive, I'm already in the top 17% after only a few laps, and at the end of the day, I'm getting cars out of this deal. So...yeah. :D
#95 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:36:31 PM(UTC)
Mech, Triton, anyone from Turn 10 – putting prizes at the end of league events gives the trolls power in my opinion – the ability to annoy or upset more than normal. Therefore I suggest that at least one of the league events within this overall event be a ghosted league.

I know there are racers out there who want real racing so I am not suggesting it all be ghosted, maybe just one.

Also I do not agree with the concept of unique car models being made exclusive, ever. I believe Turn 10 should get back to making the best content they can and deliver it to all who own the game or the dlc pack the content belongs to.

Events should be built around something other than unique car models in my opinion. Maybe put up dlc codes for the next car pack or something like that, but not unique car models. Liveries are fine in my opinion.

I do not want to reopen the debate on this, simply stating my opinion.
I blame the ants.
#96 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 2:37:08 PM(UTC)
This is a super challenge, as long as you have 5 mins spare for the next 3 week you have a shot at season 2 as far as I'm aware. The interesting part is the gold livery car, if everyone puts the same effort into getting in the top 5% in the rivals it will be very tough I think. This is excellent, maybe in April we will have the Porsche equivalent. 😀😀😀😀
#97 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:06:31 PM(UTC)

yes

Does this mean we don't have to take part in any leagues to be able to obtain it? If so then great news
Painter.
#98 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:13:39 PM(UTC)

yes

Does this mean we don't have to take part in any leagues to be able to obtain it? If so then great news

Yes. It even says so in the article.

"You can mix and match however you like – for example, earning three bronze Variant Livery Gallardos via weekly Rivals, or two League variants and one Rivals variant. However you do it, get three Super Trofeos in Season 1 and you will earn you the Hurácan Super Trofeo and entrance into Season 2. "

I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:16:56 PM(UTC)

yes

I think Boxxout meant to say, set a clean rivals lap and finish in the top 50% of the league each week.

Triton spelled it our pretty succinctly earlier in this thread.

RBW Triton wrote:

Season 1, 6 cars (3 from rivals and 3 from leagues)

Season 2, 6 cars (3 from rivals and 3 from leagues

Collect 3 cars in Season 1 to get the Bonus Huracan that lets you participate in Season 2

To get the super trophy Huracan you need to get all 6 cars from Season 2.

How to get a car when doing rivals?
- Bronze = Set a clean lap
- Silver = be top 15% on the leaderboard
- Gold = be top 5% on the leaderboard

How to get a car when doing a League?
- Finish in the top 50% on the leaderboard

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:18:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#100 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:40:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Dinklewood Go to Quoted Post
Even with the extra clarification for season 2 needing all six variants to win the grand prize I'm much more enthused about participating in this event. It should be accessible to all skill levels and the car colors are where the bragging can occur rather than "I got a unique car and you didn't". I can live with bronzes; getting silver or gold will just be icing that are nice goals to aim for but I do not lose out completely if I'm just not that good.

Agree 100%; don't care about liveries/colours and the bragging rights associated with them, as I'll end up either painting my own or DLing one, anyway. Just gimme that Huracan ST.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 2, 2016 3:44:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

72 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error