11 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 4:57:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Outlier Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NCD1 GrimReefer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NCD1 GrimReefer Go to Quoted Post
So those who bought the season pass have to wait a couple weeks or a month for dlc so that T10 can peddle this nonsense expansion? Cheesy.

Because a couple weeks wait is all that bad?

lol..

They couldn't have waited a couple weeks to fleece their user base with this dlc?

I'm psyched they didn't wait on the Porsche pack and VIR. It would have been more painful waiting for this than the monthly DLC!

Well, I was surprised seeing the Prosche Pack beeing out, because my last update was that it will be released in November/December 2016. So I was prepared to wait until then.

Edited by user Friday, March 4, 2016 4:58:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 5:01:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rich Says No Go to Quoted Post
PLEASE let it contain the Ferrari 488 GTB and McLaren 675LT and 570S!

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Friday, March 4, 2016 5:04:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 6:13:09 AM(UTC)
Clue thread when?
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 8:52:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: eminem09493 Go to Quoted Post
Clue thread when?

no one knows. might not even be one, we won't know until turn10 decides to post it if they do.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 9:24:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Dinklewood Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FORMULA ONE 44 Go to Quoted Post
Just as long as the new Acura NSX is in that final car pack is all that I care about at the moment. If the new NSX or the Lamborghini Asterion is not included in the final car pack, it will not be a final car pack. Let's have a repeat what happened in FM5 for the final car pack when much requested cars like the Veneno were included - now that was a final car pack. I hope we have some good surprises on this final pack and not a bunch of pre-Nixon jalopies!!!!

It is not a "final" car pack, it is the 6th of the 6 car packs in the car pass. There will be additional car packs still to come just like previous versions and they will have to be paid for individually. As the new NSX is still only at the Auto Shows as a prototype there is little to no chance it would be in the March pack, maybe in a year when we get to the "final" pack before moving to Forza 7.

The new NSX was officially released circa two weeks ago and can be configured and purchased on the Acura's website - so get one!!!!

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#56 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 10:24:11 AM(UTC)
Ford Focus RS or I might get all moany. New Honda NSX is a fat, slow Audi R8, so don't waste our time with it :p
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 10:30:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Ford Focus RS or I might get all moany. New Honda NSX is a fat, slow Audi R8, so don't waste our time with it :p

let's not wishlist please. :)

Also, 'slow fat audi R8' ? erm, they are both equal as far as speed goes this time around. Both do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds... not to mention 500+ HP out of a v6, not sure how that makes it fat and slow

#58 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 10:48:05 AM(UTC)

let's not wishlist please. :)

Also, 'slow fat audi R8' ? erm, they are both equal as far as speed goes this time around. Both do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds... not to mention 500+ HP out of a v6, not sure how that makes it fat and slow

Which one's lighter?

2Old4Forza
#59 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 12:35:42 PM(UTC)
A couple hundred pounds extra to the NSX, however that is hardly 'fatter' in terms of automobiles. The NSX is a bullet.

2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 9:58:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RacingBerzerker Go to Quoted Post
Just as long as the new Acura NSX is in that final car pack is all that I care about at the moment. If the new NSX or the Lamborghini Asterion is not included in the final car pack, it will not be a final car pack. Let's have a repeat what happened in FM5 for the final car pack when much requested cars like the Veneno were included - now that was a final car pack. I hope we have some good surprises on this final pack and not a bunch of pre-Nixon jalopies!!!!

Must admit that line "bunch of pre-Nixon jalopies" really made me laugh.
OK, what do those of us who LIKE (or even prefer) "Pre-Nixon Jalopies" do?

"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:39:40 AM(UTC)
A couple hundred pounds extra to the NSX, however that is hardly 'fatter' in terms of automobiles. The NSX is a bullet.

A couple hundred? You mean 375lb to the V10+

Three hundred and seventy five.

The Honda is too late and too fat. Makes the Audi look like a lightweight special, let alone the Mclaren 570S which is 900 lbs lighter. NINE HUNDRED!

It might benefit from electric power for low down acceleration but there is no way in the holiest of hells will it be a match dynamically for it's rivals. It's not a drag car, it's supposed yo be a sportscar.
 4 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:51:32 AM(UTC)
Maybe you should discuss this somewhere else.
Forza-Achievements: 922 / 923 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
#63 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 4:13:29 PM(UTC)

A couple hundred? You mean 375lb to the V10+

Three hundred and seventy five.

Yes, it is still a couple hundred. Specifics aside, a few hundred pounds isn't much, especially considering how close they are in performance. So fat, I still say, lol no

1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 1:07:40 AM(UTC)
Actually 375lbs (if that's the difference) is quite a bit of difference in terms of weight for a car. Especially when lapping. Just look at the GT350R vs Z28. The Shelby is lighter by a couple hundred pounds and it shows in the lap times. That being said the NSX is a beautiful car and a bullit. Had the privilege to see it tonight at the local car show. :)
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 4:44:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post

Judging from some of his previous posts, he's a fan of modern supercars.

If there are "pre-Nixon jalopies," there's undoubtedly going to be some complaining, while I just sit there cherishing "pre-Nixon jalopies." You can do that too, B Wald.

Edited by user Sunday, March 6, 2016 4:45:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
#66 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:00:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post

Ah, an easy one; you sit and cringe at the post Nixon jalopies (LOL).

I'm really tickled at everyone's reaction to my "pre-Nixon jalopies" epithet and yes, I'm a bit of a neophiliac when it comes to cars for sure. Don't get me wrong, there are some great oldies, but enough is enough already.

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:42:15 AM(UTC)
Is this the last prepaid car pack?
Please no more under powered econoboxes or oddballs
Indy light ++++
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:50:14 AM(UTC)
Maybe whe get the pack next week, with the Ford GT GTLM in it ;) at this time the 12 hrs of sebring and former ford gt wins this race in the 60's
#69 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 9:48:31 AM(UTC)
Thank you for the update, when I came home from boot camp this past Friday on a 60 hr liberty pass I was looking forward to see what the new car pack was but couldn't find anything other than the Porsche pack that is not included in the car pass. Can't wait to see what Turn 10 has in store for us when I get my next weekend pass.
#70 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 7:28:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MustangRacer89 Go to Quoted Post
Actually 375lbs (if that's the difference) is quite a bit of difference in terms of weight for a car. Especially when lapping. Just look at the GT350R vs Z28. The Shelby is lighter by a couple hundred pounds and it shows in the lap times. That being said the NSX is a beautiful car and a bullit. Had the privilege to see it tonight at the local car show. :)

So, explain why, after months of putting lap times down at Laguna Seca, the Z28 can put down a clean 1:36.047 vs 1:36.228 in a GT350R vs 1:36.226 in a Nissan GTR? There's more to chassis and suspension design than just weight.

#71 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 8:45:31 AM(UTC)
What's the big deal so we get two DLC's in March however if you already paid for future DLC's in advance by purchasing a Season Pass then we truly only receive one as we have to pay for the Porsche pack on top of the price of a season pass. To me this does not make the Porsche pack DLC but instead an expansion and as such I am more than happy to purchase it but please do not insult our intellects by claiming it as just an extra monthly DLC that has delayed the scheduled one for this month.
Especially as the true reason for the delay of the last DLC covered by a Season Pass is so that we are more likely to pay for all future DLC's which will be coming our way quicker and quicker each month to pave the way for the next imminent release in the franchise whilst squeezing every last penny out of Forza 6 enthusiasts. I'm crazy about the game and I will gladly buy every DLC and add on as Forza is the only game I play to the exclusion of everything else so bring on your ultimate editions including season passes and vip status however I still say that you should still be issuing steelbook editions for the avid collectors such as me but digital is with us to stay I have no doubt.
It is my fellow gamers I sympathise with especially those in particular who purchase & play several big name games a year and are then faced with huge amounts to pay for all their games DLC and add-ons which has to be a struggle for many of them but they are xbone fans and will continue to make these purchases. Now the Forza live rewards is a terrific thing but as I said I am totally unaware if other games have the equivalent but if they do shouldn't there also be an additional special rewards system that would reward everyone across their entire gaming careers as a loyalty bonus of sorts just an idea.
 4 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 1:42:30 PM(UTC)
Mech, thanks for the update. May not seem like much, but I'm a disabled vet, and this is my hobby; keeps me from absolute boredom. I REALLY appreciate everything that goes into the finished product. It gives me an escape to Rio, Ca, Ga, Va, etc. And that to me is priceless. The cars are phenomenal, only thing missing is the pine tree air freshener swinging from the mirror. Thank you all. : D
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 1:53:52 PM(UTC)
Thanks Turn10. Just keep the dlc coming. I'll buy it. It keeps the game fresh.
#74 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 2:32:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuckageXP Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MustangRacer89 Go to Quoted Post

So, explain why, after months of putting lap times down at Laguna Seca, the Z28 can put down a clean 1:36.047 vs 1:36.228 in a GT350R vs 1:36.226 in a Nissan GTR? There's more to chassis and suspension design than just weight.

If you look at the ring times the GT350R is faster by roughly 1 1/2 seconds. In every comparison I've read the results are the same. Even when the GT350R starting competing in racing the Z28 drivers openly claimed that they "had nothing for it". Yes there is more to chasis and suspension than just weight but weight is a cars natural enemy. How much work do you think a 3800lb car has to do versus a 3600lb car? Why do you think so many people track Miatas? Partially because they're light weight.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 2:46:03 PM(UTC)
According Nurburgringtimes.com Z28 7:37 GT350R 7:32. Done.
11 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error