29 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 5 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:15:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VVM DirtyDawg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RichXM655 Go to Quoted Post
While there are many great cars here, it's stil disappointing that so many amazing cars have been overlooked.

No 917 variants.
No 908 variants.
No 935 variants.
No GTE car newer than the 5-year old flying lizards one.
No Carrera Cup car
And worst of all, No '73 Carrera RS - possibly the most iconic 911 variant in history.

It's good - but it could have been so much better.

Only the livery on the Flying Lizard car is old. The body is older, as was pointed out when this car was released in FM4. Recycled body with an (at the time) updated livery.

Big bummer that there are no late 60's era Le Mans racers. But hey, they gave us the Cayenne and Macan. Two more SUV's to be blocked from the multiplayer hoppers...

Yep. I'm going to agree with the both of you. Overall, this pack really isn't that spectacular and seems to be getting less and less so the more I think about it. Piles of recycled content (I hadn't even noticed until someone pointed out how even the RS Spyder's description was rehashed), the omission of some crucial models from this racing game that's supposed to "celebrate the history of Porsche". (but wait! There are TWO super awesome SUVs, though!) and no discount for VIPers. Promised or not, it still would have been nice to have seen something in this regard. It seems half-baked, and that sucks.

EA has a death grip on the license, and until a) that ends and b) Porsche stops treating games as a way to sell those godforsaken SUVs (Again: TWO in this freaking pack?!?!?! TWO!?!?!?), it's not going to change. And since neither of those two things are going to happen any time soon, I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:19:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#102 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:15:52 AM(UTC)
As all DLC packs this will be out at 18:00 GMT; 19:00 CET; 1 PM EST; 10 AM PST.

(Or at least I suspect it will happen this way.)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:16:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#103 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:16:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dmc DanPrez Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RM Swarley Go to Quoted Post
Let us make a petition to have Porsche 991 RSR GTLM!

YES.
We nee that car.
I'm quite surprised the car didn't make it into the game. Not only it is present in the WEC, it also won the United Sports Car Championship in the US. Turn 10 knows about that car and i can only assume that there were plenty of chances to digitalize it (with all the photos and audio recording needed).

Right know, i will stick with the Flying Lizard 997, but boy. I want that 991 RSR...

This is Porsche and there are only 20 cars. They were bound to have to leave out many, many incredibly important historic and current cars. Ideally, the Pack would contain 50-60 cars, but we knew that was going to happen (and it didn't).
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:20:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RM Swarley Go to Quoted Post
Let us make a petition to have Porsche 991 RSR GTLM!

The Wishlist thread is your petition space.
 2 users liked this post.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:21:28 AM(UTC)
As an old long term Porsche guy, I am really excited to see the list of Porsches. Very nice mix. The "wish they gave us" lists show just how many different fantastic models, stock and racing, that Porsche has given us over the years.

If they ever add new models my number 1 wish would be the 917. I thought it was a lock for this update.

Still, nice job.
#106 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:23:01 AM(UTC)
Hahahaha I want it I will have it keep us updated when they release it
FM FM2 FM3 FM4 Horizon FM5 Horizon2 FM6 Horizon3 FM7 Horizon4 ...

GT : Cyclone62
 1 user liked this post.
#107 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:23:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Go On Thome Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted- fyerball ]

Applies to everyone but mods, eh Fyerball?

http://forums.forzamotor...8740_Big-Thanks-T10.aspx

Direct quote:
"Effing use the Search to find a similar effing thread instead of starting a new effing one"
Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
 2 users liked this post.
#108 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:24:31 AM(UTC)
New to Xbox One
2015 Porsche #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid - new to the Forza franchise
2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
2004 Porsche 911 GT3
1998 Porsche #26 Porsche AG 911 GT1 98
1987 Porsche #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60 - new to the Forza franchise
1957 Porsche 356A Speedster - new to the Forza franchise
1955 Porsche 550A Spyder

Returning to Xbox One from FH2 DLC (some FM4)
2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)
2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
1987 Porsche 959
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1970 Porsche 914/6

Comparison of Porsche in previous Forza games:
 1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:25:25 AM(UTC)
Of course I have work today at 1pm Eastern... Which will be around 10am Pacific, all the way until 9pm. Just my luck to get scheduled all day when the expansion releases. Oh well, I guess I'll have a long night ahead of me after wards.
 3 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:28:27 AM(UTC)
So basically they added 3 new cars and rehashed the rest (couldnt even bring yourselves to write a new description for the RS Spyder). LAZY

Again, huge opportunity missed.
#111 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:28:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
[u]Comparison of Porsche in previous Forza games:

Now are you only comparing the cars from this expansion in relation to the others? Because I noticed the Panamera isn't in the list at all.
 4 users liked this post.
#112 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:29:55 AM(UTC)
Wow, I am a bit underwhelmed. A lot of new important Porsches are missing. I was sure the 2015 911 GT3 RS would be included. Why more useless SUVs when still some of the most important sports and race cars are missing? Porsche is not about SUVs! Besides where's the 928 (a real classic which is supposed to be included in the series since Forza 4) and the Panamera Turbo S?

I bought every single Forza since Forza 1 and paid all the extra costs to get all cars in every game. I've already paid 120 Euro for the Ultimate Forza 6 Edition and still have to invest further money...
Just to receive old Porsche recycling from former Forzas for another extra 20 Euro.

Where can I donate all my money to finally get a 928 in this game and to get the driver's Parkinson's deseased hands in cockpit view fixed?
#113 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:31:13 AM(UTC)
Content updates for FM6 have typically shown up after 11am Pacific (a little under 3 hours from now). The expansion won't be playable without the content update even if it shows up on the Store before the cu shows up.
 2 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:32:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vwpilot70 Go to Quoted Post
So basically they added 3 new cars and rehashed the rest (couldnt even bring yourselves to write a new description for the RS Spyder). LAZY

"Missed"? No. Believe me: T10 knows very well that everyone wants the 917, everyone wants the 991s, and very few care about SUVs. In a situation like this, though, where I'm fairly certain T10 is hogtied by both Porsche and EA, they just don't have the ability to include those cars.

They didn't "miss" anything; it was either do the expansion like this, or don't do it at all. Obviously, T10 opted for the former.

Now watch the 917 arrive as a unicorn.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:33:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:33:35 AM(UTC)
Well I am happily proven wrong. I rather be the pessimist and proven wrong, than be one of the ones expecting too much only to be disappointed. Pretty cool.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 2 users liked this post.
#116 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:35:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Well I am happily proven wrong. I rather be the pessimist and proven wrong, than be one of the ones expecting too much only to be disappointed. Pretty cool.

I hear you but I was pessimistic, and in my eyes anyway, pretty much proved 100% right.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:35:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#117 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:35:04 AM(UTC)
It's hard to believe that there is no 917......was REALLY hoping for this car. With all of the classic LM cars in Forza, the missing 917 just seems like such a glaring mistake on T10's part.
#118 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:35:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
[u]Comparison of Porsche in previous Forza games:

Now are you only comparing the cars from this expansion in relation to the others? Because I noticed the Panamera isn't in the list at all.

It appears so because there are a slew of GT3/CUP cars from FM3 and FM4 missing as well.
Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
#119 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:36:42 AM(UTC)
Well guess we know what John will be doing with the special early 11AM PST Twitch Stream today :)
 9 users liked this post.
#120 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:39:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W4RLOCK38 Go to Quoted Post
I feel as if i ha e been taken for a fool, why? You may ask, well i payed $100 for the game and vip so i could get all the cars with out having to shell out more money, why do i need to pay an extra $20 for 60 cars? Not that i care about the $20 it's just that it doesn't seem right, thats all.

I paid $100 for the Ultimate Edition, too. I've gotten everything I was promised. I've also spent 140 hours playing FM6, so so far, it's cost me $0.71 an hour to play Forza, and every time I play, that cost per hour falls. I can't say I didn't get my money's worth.
#121 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:39:31 AM(UTC)
Edit: never mind, my bad.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:52:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#122 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:43:19 AM(UTC)
I'm a little bummed about VIR being Content purchaser only. I plan on purchasing but it pretty much means it wont be in any multiplayer rotation. Still, good job and I'm excited to try out some goodies from our friends in Alemania.
 3 users liked this post.
#123 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:43:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: vwpilot70 Go to Quoted Post

"Missed"? No. Believe me: T10 knows very well that everyone wants the 917, everyone wants the 991s, and very few care about SUVs. In a situation like this, though, where I'm fairly certain T10 is hogtied by both Porsche and EA, they just don't have the ability to include those cars.

They didn't "miss" anything; it was either do the expansion like this, or don't do it at all. Obviously, T10 opted for the former.

Now watch the 917 arrive as a unicorn.

You give them too much credit. I think they just rested on their laurels, I mean the entire game has that feeling. They did/do just enough that they know people will buy, but dont seem to go that extra mile to make it really extraordinary. They did it to the game itself and it feels the same way here.

Dont get me wrong, I'm just adding to the mentality as I'll buy it anyway and they'll have my money and the money of tons of others. Its just we'll spend it wishing for something just a bit more. But they'll still have the money knowing they didnt have to go that extra mile.
#124 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:43:58 AM(UTC)
Guys... What if in the content update there's a free car, and that car is the 917...
#125 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:48:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VVM DirtyDawg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Comparison of Porsche in previous Forza games:

It appears so because there are a slew of GT3/CUP cars from FM3 and FM4 missing as well.

Correct. The image is intended to show which cars in this DLC are returning from FH2 and which cars are new to Xbox One. There are a few dozen Porsches that appeared in previous Forza games that are not included here. Most are race models, some are earlier editions of the Cayman etc.

29 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error