29 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:02:16 AM(UTC)
NO ONE is going to be able to use the Porsche/VIR Pack until the Content Update is released. Have patience, it is probably already queued up by Xbox Live.

Originally Posted by: mDaro Go to Quoted Post
Come on. I agree. Don't put up a banner saying out and have it not available. I know it will be sometime today but wait until its actually available so I don't have to check all day long now to see when its ACTUALLY available. Wondering, do I have to pay when I say I did or can I just say I paid for it and actually pay later?!? yeah Im being TFG. Been waiting. Going for a run. I can't believe I'm this worked up over some toy cars.

Can I say actually anymore......actually I think I can.

Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

7 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:05:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NitroDrift DK Go to Quoted Post
sadly i just read that the track it will be available only for who purchase the expansion pack...

that is messed up
Veteran Forza player: FM1-FM6

Rig
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:06:02 AM(UTC)
As I said in another thread: Someone on Forzacentral has noticed a 993 hidden in the video where the text 'over 20 cars' appears.
Good to be back!

My Forzatography Gallery - http://forums.forzamotor...Gallery.aspx#post_358889
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:06:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Snowowl Go to Quoted Post
NO ONE is going to be able to use the Porsche/VIR Pack until the Content Update is released. Have patience, it is probably already queued up by Xbox Live.

Originally Posted by: mDaro Go to Quoted Post
Come on. I agree. Don't put up a banner saying out and have it not available. I know it will be sometime today but wait until its actually available so I don't have to check all day long now to see when its ACTUALLY available. Wondering, do I have to pay when I say I did or can I just say I paid for it and actually pay later?!? yeah Im being TFG. Been waiting. Going for a run. I can't believe I'm this worked up over some toy cars.

Can I say actually anymore......actually I think I can.

I realize that. The point of my post was to rant about the giant banner add on the website saying NOW AVAILABLE and its not. Don't update the web page til you update the game is all I'm saying.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:07:12 AM(UTC)
excited muchly is this out now in uk? sorry if this as been answered i cant view whole topic
#56 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:07:32 AM(UTC)
Not really sure how I feel about this. I am more excited to play on VIR than I am for the Porsche's. But, kinda puzzled by what will happen in Hopper's/Leagues. Will the track be in this rotation?

Part of me is thinking I hope they put in the rotation. And let the folks who didn't buy it play in another lobby or make them leave when VIR comes up. But, then again that doesn't seem that fair for people who do not care about the pack or simply cannot afford it. I know how other games have handled if in the past and it wasn't something that was well received by many.
I love Oval Racing. You don't? Well, not everybody can be perfect. I have forgotten more about NASCAR than most people know.
#57 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:08:18 AM(UTC)
What I still don't get is why they actively avoided acknowledging this, or you know, promoting it at all beforehand. lol
 2 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:08:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FOSTBITTEN Go to Quoted Post
Not really sure how I feel about this. I am more excited to play on VIR than I am for the Porsche's. But, kinda puzzled by what will happen in Hopper's/Leagues. Will the track be in this rotation?

Part of me is thinking I hope they put in the rotation. And let the folks who didn't buy it play in another lobby or make them leave when VIR comes up. But, then again that doesn't seem that fair for people who do not care about the pack or simply cannot afford it. I know how other games have handled if in the past and it wasn't something that was well received by many.

VIR will be available only for who own the porsche expansion... sadly..
#59 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:10:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
What I still don't get is why they actively avoided acknowledging this, or you know, promoting it at all beforehand. lol

Probably weren't going to release it until they fixed the game breaking bug in the new update, but MS made them push it out anyway.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:18:11 AM(UTC)
Hmmmm. On one hand, I'm excited to see a few returning models, and the 718 is a genuine surprise. On the other, this is a lot of FM4 carryover. The RS Spyder's description in the news article is quite literally carried over from then ("In the three years since its inception..."). I don't know how much of that is due to EA, though.

I'm also quite surprised at the apparent lack of a VIP discount. There's been one for every expansion since the FM4 Porsche pack, so it's more than a little strange there's nothing of the sort here.

That said, it's still Porsche in Forza, with VIR. I hope this isn't all we see of the marque...
#61 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:20:47 AM(UTC)
Any body know if there is Gamerscore tally and what it might be?
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:25:41 AM(UTC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVpEPKt66pQ

this video shows abit, looks like there will be separate multiplayer lobbies just for porsche
 2 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:26:49 AM(UTC)
I am sad,

In the first place because Porsche is a brand which lives to the motorsport, and models them expected are not there, as 991 GT3 Cup, 991 GT3 R, 935 K3 (while there are his competitors), 917K..

Secondly, because many cars were already present in the previous opuses, as Flying Lizard, 962c, 911 GT1 ' 98, RS Spyder Evo, ..., I find that a little bit it's a pity.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:32:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:27:42 AM(UTC)
This dlc is no 20 bucks worth for me. Like some said where are the 991 911 GTE, 935k or cayman gt4. Not with me i can wait. Sooner or later the pack will be in the sale for 9, 99. There are enough other cars in fm6. I'm only interested in 5 cars of this pack.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:29:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Daylight Rider Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NitroDrift DK Go to Quoted Post
but the track will be available only for who purchase the porsche pack or it will be for everybody? yes im only interested of the track

Beat me to to the punch, my question exactly.

The VIR track is only available in the Porsche DLC - it is not available separately.

#66 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:29:32 AM(UTC)
I'm really pleasantly surprised by the cars that were unannounced. I was expecting several of the same race spec 991/997's that differed only in the liveries. I'm more than a little surprised we got the Spyder RS, classic 718, and the GT1, all fantastic cars. I am a little disappointed there is no 917, but it's a small disappointment compared to what we got. With only 20 cars, you had to know there were going to many omissions when you're talking about Porsche.

I'm wondering how much (if any) Porsche is involved in the car choices. With them just re-purposing the 718 model for the Cayman/Boxster a few months back, it seems like a bit of a coincidence. No complaints about that though, it's a gorgeous car. .

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:31:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:31:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheSagaris Go to Quoted Post
As I said in another thread: Someone on Forzacentral has noticed a 993 hidden in the video where the text 'over 20 cars' appears.

Looks like a red/orange 993 GT2 second from the back...
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:31:19 AM(UTC)
Only 10 Porsches for $20? That's the same price as the Porsche expansion in Forza 4 & Horizon 2 but 1/3rd the amount of cars. Seriously that's a huge ripoff. And on top of it being the most expensive car pack in the history of the franchise (considering what you get for that price) there's no discount for VIPs. And the VIP membership has been a ripoff this year too. Getting one free a car a month that's painted with a theme to match upcoming games published by Microsoft isn't much of a reward for the extra $20 especially when you give us things like a "Chinese new year BRZ". That car costs less than 20,000 credits. You're not helping anyone by giving them such a cheap car for free.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:36:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:36:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Endotherm Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheSagaris Go to Quoted Post

Looks like a red/orange 993 GT2 second from the back...

Exactly.
Good to be back!

My Forzatography Gallery - http://forums.forzamotor...Gallery.aspx#post_358889
 2 users liked this post.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:40:19 AM(UTC)
Having Porsche represented again in Forza Motorsport is great news on any day. With that said however, the amount of recycled content from FM4 is a bit disappointing, especially considering there is no discount for VIP/UE.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:40:46 AM(UTC)
Follow Porsche Newsroom in the Periscope app for a live stream of the Porsche stand at the Geneva Auto Show right now:
https://twitter.com/PorscheNewsroom/status/704688029949173760
 2 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:40:53 AM(UTC)
Well done, T10...well done.
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:41:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: D1SL CHR1STO Go to Quoted Post
I am sad,

In the first place because Porsche is a brand which lives thanks to the sport automobile, and models them expected are not there, as 991 GT3 Cup, 991 GT3 R, 935 K3 (while there are his competitors), 917K...

Secondly, because many cars were already present in the previous opuses, as Flying Lizard, 962c, 911 GT1 ' 98, RS Spyder Evo, ..., I find that a little bit it's a pity.

I feel the same, SAD, I thought the 935 would have been a sure thing!?!? I will be buying the pack as I'm happy to have Porsche back in the game, the 962 is one of my favorite cars! That said, I'm paying basically 20 bucks so I can have a 718, 930 and 962, because realistically, that's all I'm going to use. Hey wait didn't I already pay 20 bucks for a 930 and 962 in Forza 4.... Oh well I can get over that. I am really disappointed that there is no 908 or 917 either, seems like a general consensus that most people wanted to see one or the other. The second part that is sad is so many people are DIEHARD Porsche fans on here and they wanted to see some new stuff, 991 GT3 and Cayman GT4, I'm not into the new stuff and I know that... I expected to see those 2. Hopefully there is more to come!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:46:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:44:21 AM(UTC)
Please leave a short note when the update is live and the pack can be bought!
 3 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:44:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MotoX Champ88 Go to Quoted Post
Only 10 Porsches for $20? That's the same price as the Porsche expansion in Forza 4 & Horizon 2 but 1/3rd the amount of cars. Seriously that's a huge ripoff. And on top of it being the most expensive car pack in the history of the franchise (considering what you get for that price) there's no discount for VIPs. And the VIP membership has been a ripoff this year too. Getting one free a car a month that's painted with a theme to match upcoming games published by Microsoft isn't much of a reward for the extra $20 especially when you give us things like a "Chinese new year BRZ". That car costs less than 20,000 credits. You're not helping anyone by giving them such a cheap car for free.

21 cars, not 10.

EDIT: And 1 track.
29 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error