This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
29 Pages<<26272829PrevNext
#676 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 9:15:16 PM(UTC)
I have to be honest. I am not a fan of VIR, Lime Rock, Rio.

For me FM6 has been a let down track wise.

Brands Hatch and Monza are good but been done to death in racing games.

So its good we are getting tracks not done to death but for some reason I am not a fan lol.
I blame the ants.
#677 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:20:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

So its good we are getting tracks not done to death but for some reason I am not a fan lol.

I can understand you not liking Rio, because I don't like it; it just feels "wrong". Lime Rock is just too short to be interesting, so I get that also. But VIR? it is one of the best track additions in Forza for a long time. Given the fact it comes with a combination of longer and shorter layouts as well, it just adds to it. But then it is all opinion based.

As for Brands Hatch and Monza, I cant stand them personally. Monza has some exceptionally stupid track limits, which makes it another Yas Marina track where corner cutters prevail. Plus it is mostly straights, and I find that kind of dull. And for brands hatch, well I have never liked that track in any racing game. Given the fact there are so many British racing tracks to choose from, it is a shame that T10 defaulted to brands hatch. I am not going to name the others, because I wont turn this into a wishlist post. But there are better British race tracks they could have used.

#678 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:02:32 AM(UTC)
Are we gonna have Porsche again in FH3 & FM7?
Also with new cars like Cayman GT4, 911R, 911 GT3 RS, 718 Boxster S...
I hope EA's exclusive contract will be over in this year...
#679 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:12:23 AM(UTC)
Bought the pack this morning and started the download. Looking forward to digging into it when I get home from work today!
 2 users liked this post.
#680 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:46:46 AM(UTC)
I love the #7 RS Spyder..............oh and the GT2 RS, and the 911 GT1.................962c is no slouch either. GT3 RSR is a bit of a peach as well! Oh, and the noise of the Carrera GT!!!!

They are all awesome to drive!

Thanks for the pack T10/Porsche......I now have a new dream car!
#681 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:12:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

I can understand you not liking Rio, because I don't like it; it just feels "wrong". Lime Rock is just too short to be interesting, so I get that also. But VIR? it is one of the best track additions in Forza for a long time. Given the fact it comes with a combination of longer and shorter layouts as well, it just adds to it. But then it is all opinion based.

As for Brands Hatch and Monza, I cant stand them personally. Monza has some exceptionally stupid track limits, which makes it another Yas Marina track where corner cutters prevail. Plus it is mostly straights, and I find that kind of dull. And for brands hatch, well I have never liked that track in any racing game. Given the fact there are so many British racing tracks to choose from, it is a shame that T10 defaulted to brands hatch. I am not going to name the others, because I wont turn this into a wishlist post. But there are better British race tracks they could have used.

The track limits at Monza dont affect my enjoyment.

VIR not sure why. Just not for me.
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#682 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 12:05:59 PM(UTC)
Had a blast driving this baby on a day off sick...cough, cough ;)

#683 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 9:49:05 AM(UTC)
For me, I bought the VIR expansion pack - cough. Excuse me Porsche expansion pack.

I'm not die hard fan of Porsche. But it's easy to see why they are the most winningest team. And the anthology allows you to get to experience them in there non rwd swap/ endlessly upgraded selves.

This was well done by T10. Worth every penny for me.

I could just quote FullClipKiller. Because that's how I came away from the career/ showcase.

VIR would be my home track and I love that they have all the variations and rain/night for each.
 1 user liked this post.
#684 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 9:10:56 AM(UTC)
2004 Porsche 911 GT3 = Awful, you think the car is going to make that exit . . . except it won't, corner after corner. No way to get through career mode without racing this in 2 races :(

2015 Porsche Cayman GTS = Awsome, does exactly what I tell it to do.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after . . . is just waiting." Steve McQueen, LeMans '71
#685 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 12:36:49 PM(UTC)
Just picked up the pack last week and started the first few career races. The 82' 911 is an awesome car. The 1970 914 however is a ROUGH drive. So far AWESOME.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#686 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 12:04:35 AM(UTC)
Hello Racers.....

First things first....NOT HAPPY!!

You would automatically think that if you bought the most expensive bundle of FM6, that has VIP and Car pass, that you could get the new expansion for free..... Sadly, no.

with other titles, like CoD, you buy a season pass, and all the add ons are free.... So why is not happening with FM6 and Porsche?

Turn 10 and Microsoft, lift your game!
#687 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 6:42:35 AM(UTC)
I really like VIR, and yet I haven't raced on it at all for nearly a fortnight because it doesn't feature in leagues or public hoppers.

What a waste.
#688 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 7:14:33 AM(UTC)
It can't feature because that would require everyone to have it. That's why FM5 additional tracks were free. Essentially it's quite an expensive career add-on although if they float you're boat you get a few cars to play with.

I'm not blown away by VIR. These provincial tracks just seem to lack atmosphere and they're generally too narrow for the FM6 wreck fest of MP anyway.
 5 users liked this post.
#689 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 11:22:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JADCImagery1983 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Racers.....

First things first....NOT HAPPY!!

You would automatically think that if you bought the most expensive bundle of FM6, that has VIP and Car pass, that you could get the new expansion for free..... Sadly, no.

with other titles, like CoD, you buy a season pass, and all the add ons are free.... So why is not happening with FM6 and Porsche?

Read the rest of this thread

You never bought a season pass
The Porsche expansion has never been free
If you knew about the game you would also know that EA holds the licence to Porsche and a premium fee needs to be paid to them to get Porsche in this game
It's also an expansion not just regular dlc..it contains 21 cars and a career,more showcases, multiplayer and a league as well as the track
The car pass clearly says 6 packs of 7 cars
Its less than the price of 3 dlc packs but contains that amount of cars

Most people would not automatically think it either. .only the "entitled" ones
When you bought the ultimate edition it clearly states everything included and the porsche expansion is never mentioned is it..
People need to read what they are actually buying and not just assuming everything
The porsche EXPANSION is definitely worth it just for the extra hours added to the game especially if you are a porsche fan as well

Edited by user Friday, March 25, 2016 11:35:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#690 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:57:45 PM(UTC)
Hey Guys,

First off, I'm happy with the Porsche expansion. Should it have cost $20? No, it shouldn't have, but EA Games is basically the Monsanto of developers. They ruin everything they get their hands on )Star Wars Battlefront anyone?) and they hold the rights to Porsche. So I know Turn 10 had to pony up big to get the cars they actually did give us. So I enjoy the expansion and VIR. However, does anyone else think the RS Spyder is a little "twitchy" under acceleration out of 1st/2nd? Seems to struggle cornering a little bit as well. Which as I remember was one of the cars strengths in the ALMS.
#691 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:49:59 PM(UTC)
Yeah i hate using the porsche rs spyder even though its competitive with its acceleration and braking. It is pretty twitchy though. Also it sounds like the 918 or maybe my ears playing tricks with me.
#692 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 7:23:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chan thee man Go to Quoted Post
EA Games is basically the Monsanto of developers. They ruin everything they get their hands on )Star Wars Battlefront anyone?) and they hold the rights to Porsche.

The know-how Disney brings to interactive film is… profound. Star Wars Battlefront is everything Call of Duty should have been.
 1 user liked this post.
#693 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 3:00:04 PM(UTC)
True 20 bucks is at the upper end of what DLC costs these days, but in return what you get for your 20 bones is well worth it in my opinion. This is coming from someone who almost never buys DLC. Sure I picked up the VIP on sale for half off, but before this title I hadn't bought a single DLC for any other Forza game. Also, the guys who are heated that Porsche didn't come bundled with their "Ultimate" edition continue to amuse me. You read the description of the product before you bought it. If any product information for the Ultimate Edition mentioned Porsche or any other car packs over the ones promised, let me know because it's news to me.

Back on topic, almost done the basic career mode of races for each model and loving it. Soon I can get started on all the Porsche showcases as well!

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#694 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 2:25:58 AM(UTC)
I was looking at some leaderboards last night and at some VIR variants there are less than 30 laptimes set in the higher classes.

This is what happens when a track is paywalled; it gets abandoned by the Multiplayer community.
#695 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 3:11:17 AM(UTC)
It's a problem for sure. Kinda makes the additional track a bit pointless once you've done the extra career events. T10 may have boxed themselves into a corner on this one because they can't really give this track away to all players for free having charged such a lot for the pack. Hopefully we don't see any more paid DLC tracks in the future.
#696 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 3:17:17 AM(UTC)
Didn't EA's license expire already? I thought it had expired at the beginning of this year.

At the end of the day, Turn 10 won't give us a pack of this size, with this content, for free. I mean, why would they?! When they know damn well there's people out there that are more than willing to pay for it. It has nothing to do with licenses, its all about money. They're a business at the end of the day, and as with every business they're main goal is to make money/profit.

As for the VIR track....it's a 'meh'! Would of much preferred to see the return of Maple Valley, or something similar.
Audiophile. Petrolhead. MTBer. Collector of sneakers.

Set up: Xbox One X, HyperX Cloud II, Sony 49XE8004 4K with HDR10, Sony BDV-N7200W High Res Audio Home Cinema System.

Xbox Ambassador
 1 user liked this post.
#697 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:33:17 AM(UTC)
I have to be honest...For me FM6 has been a let down track wise.

You're kidding me right? I'd say the exact opposite but we can agree to disagree then. We never had the Glen, VIR, Lime Rock, Rio, or many of the others. Yeah Tsukuba was awesome and I miss it, but I'd gladly take the night and especially the rain settings over a few tracks. It adds another factor into racing (like in real life) where if you're tired of getting whooped by leaderboard cars, the rain somewhat evens the playing field.

Originally Posted by: JADCImagery1983 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Racers..... First things first....NOT HAPPY!!

Come on man... Turn 10 has NEVER, EVER said that the Porsche pack was going to be FREE... any regular Forza player who even dislikes paying for Forza expansion packs in the past could tell you that. If you're saying because you paid more initially for a more exclusive version of the game that you're "entitled" to free stuff, check yourself first. Porsche's game licensing has been controlled by EA, a company well-known for RIVALING games of Forza (Need for Speed, etc). Turn 10 had to pay a hefty price I'm sure to even get the rights to develop a DLC for Porsches. Yes, I do wish they had more cars (917K, '73 RS, 993 GT2, and more), but that's business. You gotta pay to play, and they have to get money in return somehow. It can't just revolve around us all the time giving us free stuff.
-
And to anyone complaining about the specifically rear-engined Porsches not 'handling' well? Tune it. Still not handling well? Drive it differently. It is VERY realistic to the way a 2004 996 GT3 drives in real life on a track. You have to get a lot of the car turned while the weight is on the nose (often under braking), then do less turning while you accelerate out of the turn. That's what separates good Porsche drivers to mediocre ones. It took me a long time to get the handling characteristics down pact, and I still have work to do. This isn't people NFS jeez.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:20:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#698 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:17:26 AM(UTC)

God I love VIR and Limerock. These real life additions are fantastic editions (in my opinion) Although Limerock doesn't exactly replace Maple Valley as I hoped. It's a really good momentum track for long races. I don't enjoy 20+ car 3 lap online races though as it becomes a total crash fest. But that is not the track, it's the racers and the format. I love basically all of the new tracks Turn 10 has added starting with Long Beach with FM5 and through this new title with Watkins Glen, Brands hatch, etc...

I dislike Rio as much as the Alps though. I thought I just didn't like fantasy tracks but I do like Prague.

#699 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 8:06:26 AM(UTC)
Are the cars that come with the porsche pack free if I buy the pack?
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#700 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 10:07:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bluepenguin1061 Go to Quoted Post
Are the cars that come with the porsche pack free if I buy the pack?

If this forum would have a quote of the week you would have gotten my vote. :)
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
29 Pages<<26272829PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error