29 Pages<<2526272829PrevNext
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#651 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 2:26:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post


I am not convinced that "we" really know what the deal is with Porsche, EA and other devs.

We know there is / was somehting there but what exactly - do we really know?


You only have to look at the fact that besides EA, T10 are the only other game dev that can remotely get their hands on Porsche for their games. So either EA are pricing Porsche way out of reach of most game devs, or their licensing agreements are too strict. Given what Forza allows you to do with the cars visually and mechanically, I would assume it is the former personally.



There is a third possibility - maybe Porsche only want to deal with EA? I totally doubt that but like SatNite said we don't really know how it works. Who wants to tweet EA and ask them? :)

Still loving the pack btw - the career mode (which I never play) s very well done and I'm loving multiple cars. None are absolute leaderboard beasts (that I have tried) but are competitive nonetheless. And to those saying the 911 GT1 needs more power and downforce, I disagree given how perfectly suited it is to R class without being too fast.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#652 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 3:01:35 PM(UTC)
For those thinking that EA still holds the rights to the Porsche licence, that one comes/came to an end in 2016. EA and Turn 10 made a special deal though so that FH2 could already have Porsches in 2015.

Does Porsche enjoy being tied to EA games? I doubt it even though it probably brings in good cash. I heard someone from Turn 10 saying in an interview that in the old days they had to put in the effort to get the car licences but nowadays it's the opposite, car companies come to Turn 10 asking them to put their new cars into their game since it's good promotion. Why would Porsche be different in that aspect? I'm sure Porsche employees would love to see their cars in games like FM6, GT:Sport, PCARS, Assetto Corsa and the likes as well instead of only Need for Speed. :)
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
Rank: Racing Legend
#653 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 3:08:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post


I am not convinced that "we" really know what the deal is with Porsche, EA and other devs.

We know there is / was somehting there but what exactly - do we really know?


You only have to look at the fact that besides EA, T10 are the only other game dev that can remotely get their hands on Porsche for their games. So either EA are pricing Porsche way out of reach of most game devs, or their licensing agreements are too strict. Given what Forza allows you to do with the cars visually and mechanically, I would assume it is the former personally.



You have actually helped illustrate my point.

It is a mixture of fact and assumption.

Yet whenever this topic comes up people will say EA does this, Turn 10 does that etc as if it is fact or they know.

The reality is all we know is that EA and Porsche have had some deal. We do not know exactly what that means or has meant for other devs and we do not know who has decided car xyz is not in Forza 6. We can only make assumptions.
I blame the ants.
Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#654 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 3:09:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
For those thinking that EA still holds the rights to the Porsche licence, that one comes/came to an end in 2016.


How do you know?
I blame the ants.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#655 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 3:32:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
For those thinking that EA still holds the rights to the Porsche licence, that one comes/came to an end in 2016. EA and Turn 10 made a special deal though so that FH2 could already have Porsches in 2015.

Does Porsche enjoy being tied to EA games? I doubt it even though it probably brings in good cash. I heard someone from Turn 10 saying in an interview that in the old days they had to put in the effort to get the car licences but nowadays it's the opposite, car companies come to Turn 10 asking them to put their new cars into their game since it's good promotion. Why would Porsche be different in that aspect? I'm sure Porsche employees would love to see their cars in games like FM6, GT:Sport, PCARS, Assetto Corsa and the likes as well instead of only Need for Speed. :)


Does Porsche enjoy being tied to EA games? I dunno --and if the deal is in fact done as of 2016, then this all may be moot -- but the one thing EA can offer that the rest can't is a mobile version. And as long as mobile games continue to drink the consoles' milkshake (anybody who's seen There Will be Blood should get the reference), then EA will have a leg up. Anybody who knows that Porsche went from being in the red to being one of the world's most profitable auto manufacturers in record time, will understand that they are all about the bottom dollar, which means maximum exposure.
Rank: Driver's License
#656 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 7:01:07 PM(UTC)
Forza 4 has the 911 GT3 Cup based on the 997. Will Forza 6 have its successor, the 911 GT3 Cup based on the 991?
Rank: On the Podium
 2 users liked this post.
#657 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 7:25:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
For those thinking that EA still holds the rights to the Porsche licence, that one comes/came to an end in 2016.


How do you know?


Didn't you know? It's only the most popular rumor since the Porsche Pack from Forza 4 and then Horizon 2!

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
Rank: Racing Legend
 2 users liked this post.
#658 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 8:02:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
For those thinking that EA still holds the rights to the Porsche licence, that one comes/came to an end in 2016.


How do you know?


Didn't you know? It's only the most popular rumor since the Porsche Pack from Forza 4 and then Horizon 2!


Thumbs up for calling it a rumour.

I blame the ants.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#659 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 10:32:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: vwpilot70 Go to Quoted Post

I also do not see EA sitting there and keeping T10 from putting a 935 in the game as it affects them absolutely zero. I can understand not licensing the latest cars they might put in their game, but a 935, not buying it. Another apologist giving T10 too much credit imo.


Hardly, I have been very vocal with my issues regarding FM6. But guess what, after I contacted T10 with regards to those issues; I moved one with my life and played the game. It does wonders for actually been able to enjoy the game. But then that is the rub isnt it, anyone who applies a modicum of common sense around here, gets labeled as a fangirl apologist!

As for your comment regarding EA. Just so you know, there is an excellent racing sim called GTR2. A sim that re-released on steam some time ago, and a game that used to have Porsche front and center. Licensing issues meant that Porsche had to be removed from the steam release of it.

http://www.racedepartmen...-2-and-gt-legends.61477/

Quote:
For GTR 2, however, we are not able to provide all of the content from the retail version in this digital release.


So before you discount EA as having potentially blocked T10 via licensing, perhaps you should do some research on how EA operate with regards to that Porsche license.

It is also a well known fact that EA have the exclusive rights to Porsche in video games, and that they have to sign off on any other game dev who wants to use them. This is why we lost Porsche back in FM4, and had to have the first Porsche expansion pack thrown in; as T10 where unable to secure licensing from EA before FM4's release date.


I'm well aware of the licensing regarding EA and Porsche. I also know that you know absolutely nothing more about it than me or any other person that does not work for T10 or EA.

What I can do is speculate based on reasonable assumptions regarding licensing agreements and, generally, what companies want to control regarding them.

If a company is going to hold on to specific rights or limit what another company can do with a license, there is usually a valid reason. They do not just make random restrictions. As far as EA is concerned, they'd be likely to limit aspects of the agreement to things that would directly affect them and their games. Should they be releasing a game that used the latest 991 model, it would make sense to limit another companies use of that model. However, some of the missing models, are not those highly used models (if at all) in EA games. It makes absolute ZERO sense for EA to let T10 use the license but not be allowed to include a 935. I'm not saying its not possible, I'm saying its extremely unlikely THAT is the restriction placed on T10. I'd bet my entire savings on that. Now if EA turns around and releases "Porsche 935 Racing Extreme" in a few months, I'll take all that back.

The much more likely reason is that T10 just simply decided not to include that car, either because they could not get a good example to model or they were just too lazy to model it. Based on many other examples of T10s laziness (they couldnt even write a new description for the RS Spyder and recycled the FM4 one) and lack of responding to its customers, I'm voting for the latter.

None of us know the exact reasons, you, no more than anyone else, unless you're a T10 employee in the know. The truth likely lies somewhere in the middle.

That said, I've moved on just fine. I do not live for this game, I use it as a release when I need to wind down from work. However, I love me my Porsches, so I have no issues with the release and am enjoying it greatly, I'd just have liked to see more and it bothers me that T10 may not be putting forth their best effort.
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#660 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:24:38 PM(UTC)
Learning a new track lol.......

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#661 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 2:21:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vwpilot70 Go to Quoted Post

The much more likely reason is that T10 just simply decided not to include that car, either because they could not get a good example to model or they were just too lazy to model it. Based on many other examples of T10s laziness (they couldnt even write a new description for the RS Spyder and recycled the FM4 one) and lack of responding to its customers, I'm voting for the latter.



Usually I give T10 the benefit of the doubt, but I really am wondering if they just washed their hands and thought "well, we have the Porsche badge. That should appease the masses. Job done."

Thing is, they're probably right.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 8, 2016 2:26:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#662 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:45:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChaoticCompound Go to Quoted Post
Learning a new track lol.......



Paul Walker tribute...that's more like it. ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:46:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
Rank: On the Podium
 2 users liked this post.
#663 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 4:42:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FerrariFan24 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChaoticCompound Go to Quoted Post
Learning a new track lol.......



Paul Walker tribute...that's more like it. ;)


No... just no.....

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
Rank: Driver's Permit
#664 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:13:44 PM(UTC)
Speaking of Paul Walker, even though the driver of that car was at fault, wasn't Porsche irresponsible in general by not putting traction control and stablilty control in the Carrera GT? I
Rank: Driver's License
#665 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:32:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChaoticCompound Go to Quoted Post
Learning a new track lol.......



Let us know when you can get a Porsche to come to rest on top of the tire wall at VIR, like the ALMS guys can:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfvu29GMv8c



Rank: Racing Permit
#666 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:10:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChaoticCompound Go to Quoted Post
Learning a new track lol.......



These barriers through the high-speed esses are retarded. Misjudge one of them and you hit the next barrier instead of running wide. Plus I get forced into them all the time! So frustrating! I get their purpose but good grief.
Rank: Racing Permit
#667 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 9:06:28 PM(UTC)
Forget racing tactics. Just staying on the track can be an asymptotic skill.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#668 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 2:09:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jettasacto Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of Paul Walker, even though the driver of that car was at fault, wasn't Porsche irresponsible in general by not putting traction control and stablilty control in the Carrera GT? I


Its not like they didnt tell them and the Carrera is known for being a beast and a pure drivers car, but I only say 1 thing about that "Blaming on Porsche for Paul Walkers death is like blaming Boeing for 911"

Edited by user Wednesday, March 9, 2016 2:13:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 6 users liked this post.
#669 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 2:20:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kaory420 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jettasacto Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of Paul Walker, even though the driver of that car was at fault, wasn't Porsche irresponsible in general by not putting traction control and stablilty control in the Carrera GT? I


Its not like they didnt tell them and the Carrera is known for being a beast and a pure drivers car, but I only say 1 thing about that "Blaming on Porsche for Paul Walkers death is like blaming Boeing for 911"


What are you two doing?


Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#670 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 9:39:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jettasacto Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of Paul Walker, even though the driver of that car was at fault, wasn't Porsche irresponsible in general by not putting traction control and stablilty control in the Carrera GT? I


No. Those were relatively new things when the car was introduced and not a requirement like they are now. What is irresponsible is his daughter trying to sue Porsche over it. The only person at fault was Rodas for driving the way he was where he was. It is a risk we all take when we 'hoon" in places we aren't supposed to.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#671 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 10:05:56 AM(UTC)
In the days before all of this overbearing focus on safety and before it became common place to try to blame very accident on someone else in the hope that you make some serious money, the world was a little more dangerous but a lot more fun.

It's always a shame when someone dies but the fact is, being safe just isn't exciting. Anyone here think Walker would have been asking Rodas to slow down? I somehow doubt it.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#672 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 10:53:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jettasacto Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of Paul Walker, even though the driver of that car was at fault, wasn't Porsche irresponsible in general by not putting traction control and stablilty control in the Carrera GT? I


No. It was intended to be a race car for the road. It was always supposed to be an extreme car that you had to be very careful with.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#673 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 10:54:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PhattyHales Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jettasacto Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of Paul Walker, even though the driver of that car was at fault, wasn't Porsche irresponsible in general by not putting traction control and stablilty control in the Carrera GT? I


No. Those were relatively new things when the car was introduced and not a requirement like they are now. What is irresponsible is his daughter trying to sue Porsche over it. The only person at fault was Rodas for driving the way he was where he was. It is a risk we all take when we 'hoon" in places we aren't supposed to.


With 9 year old tires.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#674 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 11:01:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wormfaust Go to Quoted Post
Nobody is mentioning the release trailer? What kind of word is WINNINGEST? What's wrong with most winning, most celebrated or best? Awful word. I am going to call myself a winninger. My new tag line....'Win with the Winningest Winninger!'



It's a word from the English dictionary: http://www.oxforddiction...ition/english/winningest


It's not in the actual OED though http://www.oed.com/nores...mp;type=dictionarysearch

Happiness is knowing that the other racers know where the brake button is.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#675 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 8:58:44 PM(UTC)
Absolutely loving VIR. Keep the tracks coming please!

Anybody get that old "snake track" feeling from Forza 2 and 3 when racing the other VIR ribbons? I like the various elevation changes. Makes it more interesting.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
29 Pages<<2526272829PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error