29 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext
#626 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 8:02:36 PM(UTC)
Its not adjustable because of the way forza upgrades work, you have to buy the top tier parts to unlock the tuning options. Same goes for suspension, roll bars etc. As far as I remember this has always been the case.

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2016 8:03:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#627 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 2:28:54 AM(UTC)
Best £16 I've spent for a long time.
#628 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:03:16 AM(UTC)
I think I´m now qualified for the 993 GT2 :D

Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
 2 users liked this post.
#629 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:54:02 AM(UTC)
Simulation? I think not, the R class 45 & 26 are way off. It's obvious turn 10 have pushed the stats and performance so they sell more! Yeah agreed the 26 was/is a great car in real life but not nearly as good as the stats say, meanwhile the 45 lizard is only just better in real life than the Audi lizard 45 but in the game it's leagues apart.
It's quite a joke really, all it proves is turn 10 are more concerned about money than creating a true simulation game.
We know this post will be removed by one of the mods, but come on turn 10, less sales, more realism please!
#630 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 8:40:58 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone. I really like the Porsche expansion pack. The new track is great and the selection of cars is excelent. However it seems that after installing the Porsche pack the graphic quality of FM6 is slightly decreased. I see lots of anti-aliasing jaggies. Does anyone have this issue or is it just me that is seeing this? Thanks.
 1 user liked this post.
#631 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 9:11:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BeadyMermaid264 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone. I really like the Porsche expansion pack. The new track is great and the selection of cars is excelent. However it seems that after installing the Porsche pack the graphic quality of FM6 is slightly decreased. I see lots of anti-aliasing jaggies. Does anyone have this issue or is it just me that is seeing this? Thanks.

Same here. Road Atlanta has odd pixel streaks as well.

3 users liked this post.
#632 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 10:25:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BeadyMermaid264 Go to Quoted Post

Haven't seen graphical glitches here.

I like this expansion more and more. My new-found favourite is the 718. What a little spitfire! I love to race it against "Historic Sportscar" division opponents. Set drivatar level to pro or unbeatable, leave the 718 with no upgrades and it's really challenging. Chasing 300SLRs and Cobras on the twisty parts of the Norsdshcleiffe then trying to escape them before the loooong straight at the end of the circuit - I have a constant grin during this drive. Really awesome little Porsche, and althoug I consider myself a car-nut I haven't heard about this little gem until now.

Thanks for Turn10 for include this angry little monster in the pack, great choice!
 3 users liked this post.
#633 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 2:02:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rambo123UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FerrariFan24 Go to Quoted Post
To those who are complaining that car x is not in this pack:

Simply enough, time and money are some big restraints. I'm certain that T10 made a budget for this pack and tried to get access to as many cars as they could, whether they are production, classic or modern, and race, classic or modern. In the time department, it can take months to scan a car for a game. This is an especially important factor in whether or not the ultra-new Porsches would be in the pack, like the 991 GT3/RSR or Cayman GT4. Sure, I wouldn't mind those cars being in the game, but I'm happy with a 991 Turbo and a Cayman GTS.

As for the older Porsches:

If I remember correctly, Turn 10 usually tries to find a willing owner of the car they intend to be in the game before ordering a copy at the manufacter to keep costs low. There might not have been willing owners of a 993, a 911 Carrera RS, or a 928 that Turn 10 could get ahold of. For the race cars, it's likely to keep costs low. Not very many games have a 917 or 935, and race cars aren't as openly available as production cars.

And for the SUVs:

I think that the SUVs in this pack (the Cayanne and the Macan) deserve just as much of a place as a 918 or 919, or even the cars not in this pack. Forza 6 is known for having a great diversity of cars. If that's not enough, the DLC in the game added to that, although a few were complained about such as the limo and the Aztek. In the same way they were able to conjure twenty Porsches from most eras and bodystyles. The SUVs are no exception.

Then again, they'd be useless online. I was and still am against banning the large vehicles online simply because of the diversity. Sure, they might be tools for "wreckers," but when used correctly they can provide lots of fun and challenge into getting first place.

Ironically, I also see a few people complaining about the lack of a Panamera, which ironically is very close to an SUV, though not exactly an SUV.

TL;DR: Time, money, and taste are why people are complaining. You can't please everyone. There was actually someone on Facebook who wanted an S14 rather than Porsches, by the way.

The 917 has previously been in Forza games, and there are a great number of 935s (of various descriptions, including many Kremer evolutions) around, and surely there's the examples in the Porsche museum they would be granted access to. I don't see why it would be a problem. I just can't believe the entire decade of the 70s was missed out of the pack. Who on earth drew up the shortlist of cars?

No. The 917 has only ever been in retail video games in one place -- and one place only -- and that's Porsche Unleashed for the PS.

As far as the post by FerrariFan: Your points are well received, sir, but I don't know if I can fully acquit T10 "due to time constraints and budget." As far as time goes: we've been asking for the 917 (and to a lesser degree, the 935) probably since FM1, all the iterations after that and DLC. Yes; I'm sure T10 doesn't really have a crystal ball to be able to see whether or not they're going to be able to include Porsches next time 'round. I get that. I also get that various agreements might be reached at the 11th hour meaning they haven't really had since FM1 to start procuring/modelling a 917. But that seems a pretty thin argument to me.

Money? Maybe. I don't think that's it, though. If they can afford an RSK, they probably can a 917, too.

Model procurement? Maybe, but I actually like Rambo's Porsche museum idea. And one look at this photo:

shows that the models are out there; Jerry Seinfeld owned three, I think, up until recently when he auctioned his 917/30. Maybe that's a starting point.

What I really think is that NFS has done its research and while they aren't including the 917 in their products (indeed, their "racing games" -- if you can call them that -- don't really have room for a classic, low-slung Le Mans car from the '70s), they know that we all want them and either they -- or Porsche -- is holding on to the 917/935/936/908/904/906 licenses like grim freaking death.

Of course, I could be completely wrong; I've been told before -- right here on these very pages -- that maybe I'm giving T10 too much credit when I say that I'm sure they've done their research, and they know what we, the players, are clamouring for. But maybe not. Maybe I am giving them too much credit. Maybe they really think they can release 90% re-hashes of old packs, and the Porsche shield will sell itself.

All I know is I haven't yet bought this pack, and as a massive Porsche fan, I was 100% sure I'd be going for it -- as I always have -- on day 1. It feels half baked to me, and I don't know if I'm going to get over that enough to pay full pop.

Edited by user Sunday, March 6, 2016 2:23:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#634 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 2:08:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Its not adjustable because of the way forza upgrades work, you have to buy the top tier parts to unlock the tuning options. Same goes for suspension, roll bars etc. As far as I remember this has always been the case.

You're missing the point, which is: there are other cars with factory rear wing options, that are adjustable.. So why shouldn't the same apply to the RS 4.0's wing?
"Men with guts attack those corners!"

-Keiichi Tsuchiya
#635 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:42:51 PM(UTC)
So I couldn't use the 919 hybrid in its "next" section of races as it was an illegal car. It wouldn't auto "upgrade" to fix it and I had to do it manually by selecting everything stock that was already selected as stock. Ummmzzzz.
#636 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:03:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gsxrboy750au Go to Quoted Post
So I couldn't use the 919 hybrid in its "next" section of races as it was an illegal car. It wouldn't auto "upgrade" to fix it and I had to do it manually by selecting everything stock that was already selected as stock. Ummmzzzz.

I had a tune that was completely stock and it was illegal. So. Yeah I guess I can see why that happened to you.

I'm not a die hard Porsche fan ---but LOVE the addition of VIR and all its ribbons. Absolutely completely fantastic!
#637 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 1:42:17 AM(UTC)
I saw some weird pixels aswell after the Porsche expansion. but I just took a hard reset off my console and the weird pixels was gone :-)

I really like this expansion aswell. VIR has probably become my new favorite track in forza. and the career and showcases gives me much more enjoyment then what I was expecting! Great job T10 :-)
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#638 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 3:31:39 AM(UTC)
About the missing iconic Porsches like the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7, one of the 917 and the 935 variants, I still think there is hope we might see them in Forza 6. Here is why.

It's pretty obvious that after the disappointing sales of Forza 6 compared to previous titles Turn 10 staff & Microsoft want to milk as much cash out of the community as possible. Hence why VIPs didn't get a discount on the expansion and why the new track VIR is included in the expansion and not free / separate. They didn't have the prerequisite amount of $$$-income from Forza 6 sales so they try to make up for it this way. No need to be upset about it, it it what it is.

March will also bring the 6th and final "free" car pack for Car Pass owners so don't expect too much excitement from that. But from April on, every player will have to pay for additional DLC packs again. That means, more $$$-income again for Turn 10 / Microsoft so you can be sure that the best car packs will be those, not the ones in the 6 packs from the Car Pass.. I really would not be surprised to see highly wanted Porsches appear in those future DLCs again. And most likely other highly requested cars like the BMW i8 as well.

Cars in a game like Forza take 6 months to be created. Let's be honest, if your business plan was to create 25 Porsches and release 21 of those with the expansion and the remaining 4 later in the form of DLC. From a business point of view, it would make perfect sense to put all the Porsches from FH2 in the expansion pack and save the best ones for those DLCs later. That way your loyal player base will definitely first buy the Porsche expansion and later buy those extra Porsches as well. If now the 917 and 935 would have been included everyone would be super thrilled, but if the Macan and Cayenne appeared later on in a seperate DLC, not too many people would be excited about it and it would mean fewer DLC sales.

Think about it, it does make a lot of sense. Also the inconsistency between the Porsche trailer and later the "same" in-game trailer might hint that Turn 10 has some more Porsches in house they decided last minute they didn't want to "give away" with the expansion just yet.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#639 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 4:09:43 AM(UTC)
VIR is definitely my favorite track in the game now, with Long Beach second!!! I'll be driving VIR mainly for a while until I have every configuration memorized and mastered!!!!!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

2 users liked this post.
#640 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 4:11:26 AM(UTC)
Hey guys, I would like to share my world first S class Porsche in the top 50's lap on the Nordschleife with yall, used assists and the name of the tuner is in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCw3qN-9lq4
 2 users liked this post.
#641 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 4:11:51 AM(UTC)
Breyzipp, Things will not be as black and white as you think they are, and things in the racing game development space are highly political. Especially when you have a company such as EA (who make need for speed), who have held the Porsche license to ransom for about 16 year now. T10 is the only other developer to have featured Porsche in recent years, with EA even going to the extent of forcing game devs to remove Porsche from older games that have re-released via steam (GTR2 for instance). So before you join the band wagon of hating on T10 and their decisions, it may pay to consider that there are other factors most likely at play; most of which we will not have any idea about. Especially when you think back to the fact that Forza used to have Porsche in the base game, to which EA put a stop too; subsequently forcing T10 to have to apply for new licensing for Porsche with each new game. As well as supply Porsche via DLC only.

As for T10 and Microsoft wanting to make money, of course they do. T10 is a game developer, and Microsoft is a multinational worldwide conglomerate of a business. Basic common sense says that they want to make as much profit as possible. That is what a business does.

And while people are complaining about the expansion pack, I am personally having an absolute blast with it. I have barely touched any other track besides VIR (mainly grand west variant), and only really started using other makes of cars last night. With an exception made for the Mclaren MP4/4 a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQv9VFjM9RU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aaV_0buOqw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IGcg1NlOC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-wpImo6xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4rreKgTK4k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZfCah-tSg0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoNNV80Ml4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enG5BsJHxaY

The track on its own is very easily worth the £16, it is such an awesome track.
 2 users liked this post.
#642 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 5:23:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
About the missing iconic Porsches like the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7, one of the 917 and the 935 variants, I still think there is hope we might see them in Forza 6. Here is why.

It's pretty obvious that after the disappointing sales of Forza 6 compared to previous titles Turn 10 staff & Microsoft want to milk as much cash out of the community as possible. Hence why VIPs didn't get a discount on the expansion and why the new track VIR is included in the expansion and not free / separate. They didn't have the prerequisite amount of $$$-income from Forza 6 sales so they try to make up for it this way. No need to be upset about it, it it what it is.

I think you are making a ton of assumptions. I'm not really sure if T10 or MS is disappointed by sales. They are already beyond the total of Horizon 2 and are about 70% of the way to FM5 totals. During FM5's prime, they obviously weren't anywhere near as many consoles sold, but there were pretty much few other games to buy. You pretty much had to buy FM5 or you were stuck with nothing but COD. Also, I think T10 has a far better grasp of what their sales would be than you or I just by looking at sales totals. Maybe they are disappointed maybe they aren't; we simply don't know.

As for milking the community. What are they going to give, a $5 discount for VIP??? It's already just $20. What the VIP got you was made abundantly clear when you bought it (or got it for free like most people did). I doubt they are hurting for money, FM6 isn't going to have sales on par for FM4, but few games do. Look at the sales totals for other games, FM6 is beyond the overwhelming majority. And don't forget this isn't all new code that needs to be developed, most of the code/content/data can be ported from FM5 and Horizon.

I think it's far from obvious, but rather a pure guess on your point.
 3 users liked this post.
#643 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 6:37:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

All I know is I haven't yet bought this pack, and as a massive Porsche fan, I was 100% sure I'd be going for it -- as I always have -- on day 1. It feels half baked to me, and I don't know if I'm going to get over that enough to pay full pop.

My biggest disappointment is that some version of the 917 wasn't included as well. It seemed like a no brainer with the inclusion of the Can Am cars. But I can assure you, the expansion pack is certainly not half baked, it's extremely well done. Yes, 21 cars is light when talking about Porsche, but the 21 cars are well worth it (ok, 19 cars are well worth it). Each of them is fantastic. And VIR is equally outstanding. Combine that with the new showcases and career mode (which I believe includes each of the cars) and I don't think half-baked is fair at all.

And the fact that they thought to include narrations (albeit brief) from legends like Hurley Haywood and Derek Bell as well as current driver Patrick Long shows me that the pack was well thought out.
#644 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 6:58:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kaory420 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, I would like to share my world first S class Porsche in the top 50's lap on the Nordschleife with yall, used assists and the name of the tuner is in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCw3qN-9lq4

dude I'm right behind you in my '82 Porsche turbo tuned in S class ;-)

1 user liked this post.
#645 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 7:38:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teacups73 Go to Quoted Post
(ok, 19 cars are well worth it).

If that is in reference to the Macan and Cayenne, have you actually driven them? I have, and they are actually really good.
 1 user liked this post.
#646 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 7:48:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

If that is in reference to the Macan and Cayenne, have you actually driven them? I have, and they are actually really good.

I've driven both of them in Anthology. They are both alright. As good as any other SUV in the game, maybe better. But I'd much rather spend my time driving the sports and race cars like the 718 or GT1.

Its a pretty light critique to complain about 2 out of 21 cars/SUVs.
 1 user liked this post.
#647 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 12:17:41 PM(UTC)

They're OK. The macan you can almost forget its an SUV, the Cayanne, you cannot (at least I cannot).

However, both would have been easily forgotten about for two other actual cars. I mean, I dont understand having an SUV, any SUV in a motorsport game in the first place. If all these cars take so much time and effort to produce, then the time spent building the 15 or 20 SUVs, trucks and limos in this game would have been much put toward cars that people actually want to drive on track.

I dont think anyone sits around at home dreaming about taking a Hummer to the local track day.

I think its completely legit to complain about not having a 917 or 935 in the game considering they did so much to put other can am and historic sports cars in game that competed directly with those to Porsches over the years.

I also do not see EA sitting there and keeping T10 from putting a 935 in the game as it affects them absolutely zero. I can understand not licensing the latest cars they might put in their game, but a 935, not buying it. Another apologist giving T10 too much credit imo.
#648 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 2:00:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vwpilot70 Go to Quoted Post

I also do not see EA sitting there and keeping T10 from putting a 935 in the game as it affects them absolutely zero. I can understand not licensing the latest cars they might put in their game, but a 935, not buying it. Another apologist giving T10 too much credit imo.

Hardly, I have been very vocal with my issues regarding FM6. But guess what, after I contacted T10 with regards to those issues; I moved one with my life and played the game. It does wonders for actually been able to enjoy the game. But then that is the rub isnt it, anyone who applies a modicum of common sense around here, gets labeled as a fangirl apologist!

As for your comment regarding EA. Just so you know, there is an excellent racing sim called GTR2. A sim that re-released on steam some time ago, and a game that used to have Porsche front and center. Licensing issues meant that Porsche had to be removed from the steam release of it.

http://www.racedepartmen...-2-and-gt-legends.61477/

Quote:
For GTR 2, however, we are not able to provide all of the content from the retail version in this digital release.

So before you discount EA as having potentially blocked T10 via licensing, perhaps you should do some research on how EA operate with regards to that Porsche license.

It is also a well known fact that EA have the exclusive rights to Porsche in video games, and that they have to sign off on any other game dev who wants to use them. This is why we lost Porsche back in FM4, and had to have the first Porsche expansion pack thrown in; as T10 where unable to secure licensing from EA before FM4's release date.
 1 user liked this post.
#649 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 2:06:28 PM(UTC)

It is also a well known fact that EA have the exclusive rights to Porsche in video games, and that they have to sign off on any other game dev who wants to use them. This is why we lost Porsche back in FM4, and had to have the first Porsche expansion pack thrown in; as T10 where unable to secure licensing from EA before FM4's release date.

I am not convinced that "we" really know what the deal is with Porsche, EA and other devs.

We know there is / was somehting there but what exactly - do we really know?
I blame the ants.
#650 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 2:09:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

I am not convinced that "we" really know what the deal is with Porsche, EA and other devs.

We know there is / was somehting there but what exactly - do we really know?

You only have to look at the fact that besides EA, T10 are the only other game dev that can remotely get their hands on Porsche for their games. So either EA are pricing Porsche way out of reach of most game devs, or their licensing agreements are too strict. Given what Forza allows you to do with the cars visually and mechanically, I would assume it is the former personally.

29 Pages<<2425262728>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error